/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Fungoid edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/9p2z6jw1n9z96ws/beautful_battles.zip
mega.nz/#!BxczTKSL!dI5-p9V3t81D4FCgvX6KdcFcESL7rMQKys2qEmz2IIQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_(mythology)
boskowan.com/www/jirka/vesmir/planets/accessories/names_en.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>blow up interdimensional portal

>nothing happens
>no victory message
>no event
>situation log doesn't update

REEEEEE

Stellaris is boring.

>reach the blob point
>quit
Every time.

Are there any multiplayer games going on?

I give myself 5 years before someone enriches me

Lances are best, no other weapons need apply.

Pretty much this, why is the beginning so fun and yet it drops like a rock after an hour in?

So i made this. and im scared to continue forward unless i know what should i do exactly because AI got literally fucked from the scourge.

1- This is the map im playing now. something weird happened an i got a log of a weird thing coming out of the void it kept getting near and it is called the scourge

2- the log kept updating and warning me of something weird approaching. i had to go and research for it but AI wont allow me not even with all the resources i have to pass through him.

3- You see this is the examined area of the scourge. i cant access it because AI wont allow me to go through them

4- OMG WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?! he showed up with weird language and no option but to to leave the transmission

5- AI was equivalent to my power which is 25K single fleet i guess. he absolutely lost his fleet because of that scourge and he is loosing sectors time by time. what is this? should i even worry? how can i protect myself and stop it?

Accept your fate.

I thought like that. I tried a few campaigns and just kept thinking "meh" this game needs loads more content.

But then boom, I ended up having a really fun campaign. Still playing it.

I created a federation with several other people. We fought a long hard campaign against the southern Hegemony who invaded our neighbours.

We ended up later adding then to our federation but they also split into two factions.

Later the Hegemony allied with the Pact (to the north) and I am stuck in a bitter war. They have psi jump drives and seem to appear anywhere. Most of the rest of the galaxy is bogged down fighting the machines.

anyone starships unlimited here?

You've got to stop the Reapers.

some questions, do fleet academies buff ships already made or docked/produced at other stations, like a global buff?
do they stack?

Allies and me chasing off the enemy fleet from my capital.

You're basically dead they will keep respawning their 25k feelts unless you destroy their portal and they have infitnite resources I thin and hello fellow /pol/ poster

nooo
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHAT SHOULD I DO!
i fucking played 8 hours and wont let it go by losing for heavens sake!

the only way to go and fight it is by crossing the AI. it wont allow me no matter how much i give them. looks like war is the only reason. but how much my fleet should be powerful to face it? 25K is enough?

The the ship modifiers from spaceport modules only apply to ship built at that spaceport? Such as the orillium plant?

Is there any way to play this game with people who bought this from steam?

Loli portraits where? And I don't mean that shitty nep mod or that Battleship girls garbage, I want as109 portraits that move a bit like the default portraits.

If you have lances, very quickly amass a large fleet armed with lances in the hopes that you can wipe their stacks before they close the rape range.

Do you have any tips to make the game funner? (ethics to pick, start up settings, ways to interact with other civs, etc.)

So when I start a game I should be rushing colonies, resources, and fleets.

What's the most effective way of doing that?

Post comfy tales of your empires
>start as some goofy fuck with one eye
>everyone hates me but keep recklessly expanding
>start exchanging credits for minerals with this one birdbro who pretends to like me BC he's scared i won't use lube and go for him
>realise birdbro is not capable of war because I keep sucking him dry
>reach a point where I'm irreversibly dependent on two empires supplying me
>manage to keep the scheme going and become a powerhouse
>conquer two empires effortlessly with my secondary fleet
>entertain myself with messing with inferior species
Nice game
If those two empires that have been economically dominated and reduced to powerplants resent me I only have one war to take them down otherwise I'm done

So how do you make allies?

I can't get it to work, I was kind, no xenophob/xenophile traits.

Got one alien at 170 and he didn't wanted to join to my alliance , despite him getting getting fucked in the butt from 2 sides every few years and his military power fleet was smaller than mine.

He was also friendly to me.

Modify AI aggresiveness in the defines

Link to the 1.0.2 hotfix, please?

Well thats new

I normally pick hypderdrives and 4 arm galaxy Dunno but I just seem to prefer it. Some choke points but still some ways around.

As for ethics just go for an extreme version of a nation already in sci fi.

Where's that located?

Prepare your anus.

Oh snap, what happens? I encountered this event but I only had those two bottom options.

>give migration access to every other empire
>demand minerals
>space cucks literally pay you to take their pops

Get ready...

Id assume nobody stumbled upon it yet.
So, what would you do anons?

sol=sun in swedish if you wanna play as a real human bean

contact it
you can kill it later if you need to

>It's been forever since I researched self-aware logic
>Still no artificial intelligence
Did I fuck up somewhere?

Anyone?

Try loaning it money at a very generous interest rate.

>venerable

+120 leader life, and you spend much less influence points. Thoughts?

meaning if you pick it you start on earth*

too fucking late, gn

I am beating them back with 15-25K fleet.
Yes, singular. I beat two or three fleets in a row then fix my shit up to go at it again.
Mind you I have absolutely a fuckton of minerals and energy and an absurd naval cap that I just don't feel like using.
Had one battle were a single battleship turned the odds (reinforcements) of 14Kx18K or so.

I could do it all day. Scourge a shit.

>sol=sun in swedish
an in spanish

Are there any new nazi mods? I know about the swastika pack and the whites only mods but I remember someone working on uniforms.

>laggy as fuck galaxy
>have to turn off dust and turn on bright colored splotches for empire borders
Bravo Paradox

mediafire.com/download/9p2z6jw1n9z96ws/beautful_battles.zip

I guess it's time.

German namelist/portrait mod

mega.nz/#!BxczTKSL!dI5-p9V3t81D4FCgvX6KdcFcESL7rMQKys2qEmz2IIQ

Because the beginning has uncertainty and potential challenge, you don't know whats in the next system, will it be some resources or habitale world you can exploit? Will you meet an alien empire? Will they be peaceful merchants or slaving despots? and if the latter will you be strong enough to fight them?

Once you hit the mid-game most of that disappears, you've explored most of everything, you know who's who, and you know what most of your capabilities are and whether you could take on the guys next to you or not. This should be where the game becomes more GSG like with diplomacy, trade, and political intrigue taking the front seat, but the later two are missing entirely, and the diplomacy is neither robust or functional enough to be interesting. So what you end up with is conquest as an only avenue, which eventually leads to everyone being in some sort of alliance or federation, and since the AI never fucking leaves an alliance, and really large alliances don't go to war that often, you end up with stagnant stale galaxy, waiting for some end game menace to show up or playing eternal whack-a-mole while conquering an AI that stopped challenging you ages ago. Then once you hit a certain point your ships are unbeatable, your navy is massive, and you have FE levels of tech, and even all the remaining powers in the galaxy banding together couldn't beat you and there's no point in playing on further.

Sure, killing it makes whole world toxic anyway

Also its native world for me, so im going to colonize it tomorrow morning.
>sol is Swedish in origin
As a person who actually owns a copy of Commentarii de Bello Gallico in its native language i find this grossly offensive

AI_AGGRESSIVENESS_BASE = 100, -- Base chance AI will declare a war (multiplied by personality aggressiveness score)

Venerable is fine already though, this just makes it ridiculous

>This should be where the game becomes more GSG like with diplomacy, trade, and political intrigue taking the front seat, but the later two are missing entirely, and the diplomacy is neither robust or functional enough to be interesting.
DO you think they will improve that or make expansion for that?

This made me depressed.

>spend hours trying to customize a cool new empire
>it's almost time for bed for work
>haven't even played

fucking jesus goddamn cunting christ fuck

sól is old norse

This is why I'm going to play 1v0 and just explore the various anomalies.

>142201783
Did civ5 with BNW?

No, mid-game/late-game was still boring as ass.

ok ok. so my 25K fleets will be good to send them back to oblivion. tomorrow i will come back from work and update you guys about this scourge

>female ruler
>short hair
>no hijab
triggered

My fleet consists mainly of torpedo battleships with a few beamboats, heavily armored shit in front and a few buffers in the back.

I want to use a bunch of smaller ships such as corvettes. What should their loadout look like?

Yes but two different companies. I feel like Stellaris has the right kinda ideas but it sorta feels like an early access game to me.

I kinda feel like we will get somthing. Right now the victory conditions are too limited.

It will, just remember to keep at it. And try not to fall for a double-fleet attack, I had one where I got mine halved due to fighting 11+18K of theirs.
I also have a vassal that is a buffer so that helps, pic (yeah not sc but I had no internet and didn't wanna use the usb)
is my vassal after getting rekt, I've already liberated a bit of him but it'll take a while to bomb everything.

>In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Where is that located and what value do you recommend changing it to?

Mate...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_(mythology)
Funny stuff about the names though
boskowan.com/www/jirka/vesmir/planets/accessories/names_en.htm

>fanatic materialist individualist
>get this 2 mins in game
What am I in for?

inb4 someone asks. Ringworld start mod

Drive:\Install Location\Stellaris\common\defines

Try 100 I guess.

Guys I think i'm too dumb to play stellaris ;_;

I think Paradox can do it, they have a lot more experience on the diplomacy/politics game than Firaxis ever did, and hopefully they'll implement some sort of trade option. Right now the only thing to really do in this game is blob, so it's similar to EU IV at launch in that respect, but if this game gets as much support as that one did, it should be pretty robust.

Then you are literally retarded

Well if she survives to midgame you wont be locked out of jump drives and such, you require that trait to unlock it as materialist

ok then. i will first create secondary fleet in case of dual attack appears.

it is easy and more easier thank CK

literally the first thing on the page
>This article is about the Roman sun god. For the Norse sun goddess, see Sól (sun).

Can someone give me images of Ringworlds? I'm curious how they look detailed and fully surveyed.

shiiiiiiiiiet

are there halo ish ringworlds too and not just niven ones?

Alright, thanks.

>three battleship classes
>one armed with large kinetic and energy weapons
>one armed with small kinetic and energy weapons
>one armed with missiles and strike craft
did I do good lads?

I don't know, it's the first one I encountered.

Anybody?

Trade is the biggest thing I was missing. We need trade routes. Trade stations and ships.

sent

>tfw all my battleshits are "PLASMAH"

buy the game

those gas giant grazers are just the cutest thing ever, i want a plushie

As i said, its a funny thing.
Sol is one of proto-language remnants common to whole Europe

What is that ring thing?

>literally one race wearing a sealed protective suit
>it's parrots

I mean I don't mind that second fact overmuch, but come on, really? Not a single molluscoid floating in sealed armour or anything.

Yeah, even if it was as relatively simple as EU4, where it just increase your income/resources, it'd be nice, since currently there is really no way to play "tall" in Stellaris. It's always go wide or be at the mercy of the first big AI that doesn't like you.

MY ENERGY CREDITS HAVE BEEN FULL FOR THE PAST 300 YEARS STOP FUCKING NOTIFYING ME

Animated portraits require Maya, and a lot of work.

>scots
>an actual language
wew

Like other paradox games you should be able to right click the notification to dismiss it.
Should.

>tfw you're either completely full of a resource or running at a significant deficit
Christ

Why?

Sent.

They're cheaper.

>Black Hole right near my homeworld
>initially send a fleet in, it's annihilated by something
>much later send two more, much larger fleets in
>they are completely annihilated and the unknown entity used the wrecks of my ships to multiply itself

Holy shit. Should I try again?