Nothing is True

>Nothing is True
1 Thessalonians 5:21

Everything is Permitted
>Galatians 5:13, 17-18

Would you classify the first statement as true?

Nothing is True is supposed to contradict itself into getting you to test everything, even the statement itself, do be discerning of truth.

Taking it as a renouncing of objective truth is retarded and completely missing the point

Obviously not. Nothing is true, therefore, everything is permitted.

See

neither of those verses say that.

If you actually play the games, specifically 4, it's made clear that's how they're meant to see it.

>For if nothing is true, then why believe anything? And if everything is permitted... why not chase every desire?
>[The Maxim of the Creed] only a first step to understanding, and not its final form"

What a load of shit

>tfw no theda bara wannabe gf
Anonymous 17:07

ass creed lore is the fucking worst

What?

go on text chat theda.

this.

>butthurt christians

Thessalonians 5:21

>but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good.

Test the content of everything that is presented to you and hold on to the good.

It says test what is true, not "nothing is true"

>13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh[a]; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

We are all free to choose the Spirit or the flesh

>17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[c] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Everything "is" permitted by the law of free will, but the law that is under the direction of the Holy Spirit will bind you to the forces of worldliness, which is no true freedom.

>It says test what is true, not "nothing is true"
That's kinda what they imply in AC. Test for truth, don't assume it.

>but the law that is under the direction of the Holy Spirit will bind you to the forces of worldlines
>Holy Spirit
>worldliness
I don't think you understand the Christian ethos very well then. Worldliness is frowned upon in Christianty.

when they say "nothing is true", it's implied, as the assassin becomes wiser and understands more, that because nothing is true, you must test everything you come across to see if it is what it seems

But if nothing is true how can the second statement be taken for real

Hasn't this quote been falsely attributed to Dostoevsky long before ass creed?

The War and Peace guy?

Yes.

>>For if nothing is true, then why believe anything? And if everything is permitted... why not chase every desire?

>This one FRENCH developer is misinterpreting literature and slovenes hate him
>click to see more

>1 Thessalonians 5:21
but test them all; hold on to what is good (NIV)

or

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (KJV)

Where the fuck do you get "nothing is true"?

I posit OP's translation is shit.

>Where the fuck do you get "nothing is true"?

See

Oh, it's some videogame bullshit. The Biblical citations are just window-dressing.

No, it's just a thing I found neat that as the game intends for it to be interpreted, the New Testament shares the same ideas.

I thought it was supposed to be interpreted as a way of censoring their own exploits so that people would hear of the assassins as these supernatural killer they couldn't possibly believe did these things. Additionally because of the real world source material of the Hashashins being just allegedly drugged up jihadis, they were told anything was allowed so they could find justification in murder.

I think people try to make that phrase up to be more than it really is

>I think people try to make that phrase up to be more than it really is
Well duh. I'm going with how the game wants it interpreted (see Black Flag specifically), not what the Hashashin thought of it.

It's natural the ideology of it would change over the course of the games.
The original one had Altiar willing and knowingly kill people in broad daylight knowing it would cause a scene.
Ezio was more into stabbing people and slipping off before anyone saw the body drop.
The French guy objects to suicidal Altiar style hit and runs when his mentor type suggests it

Video game manchildren fuck off and take your baby toys with you.

That's more "modus operandi" than it is ideology.

>the French guy
Arno Dorian. But it's understandable you'd forget the name of the guy in Unity.

Everyone wants to forget Unity.

When does school start?

>Everyone wants to forget Unity
True dat

Assassin's Creed is and has always been complete shit.