/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ma8WWF77Y3w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>trying to parry potentially deadly attacks with a bad connection to the host

>trying to do anything with the host siphoning wifi from the library

Why would you even try that? Parries in a hosts world are risky enough as it is. If it can kill you then it is even worse.

For some enemies it's easier than trying to fight them conventionally, the madmen in the chalice dungeons for example

AHH

KOS

MY GUIDING KOSM

THE KOSM OF COURSE

YOU WERE AT MY SIDE ALL ALONG

GOOD HUNTER, COULD THIS BE JOY

Someone explain chalice dungeons to me. I have so many chalices to place at the graves, and I've done like 3 or 4 now, and they're getting pretty repetitive. Are there any I can skip? I know there's a story related one, which one is it? I do I have to complete them all to get to it? They're not hard it's just so tedious now

Yes

Appreciate the help in last thread, gents. Hopefully you're still around.

True, very true. I've had some great fun with the cannon though. It's very satisfying to use and has got me out of a tough situation or two. Not much experience with the tools and I thought if I brought up arc/bld a little to use them they'd sill be very weak.

I was kicking around the idea of low end but having used LHB I'm a little out of the loop when it comes to knowing what I should be shooting for. That thing demands stamina like my wife? That joke sucked.

My current build is 25 skl/50 str but I really wanted to make use of the skill weapons a little more. Some have some great scaling so I figured skill should be at least on par with str. I've yet to choose what weapon I really want to focus on so that's kind of why I was thinking of this build before I settle on my "main" character.

I'm fine with lowering my cap. I'm about 120 now and it has made things a little too easy and I've yet to use the great gems. I just can't get a straight answer as to what level I should cap myself to really partake in anything that goes on here and in general.

I assumed it meant all extra points until cap is reached goes there. I chose Violent Past as it has the least in arc and bld, the two stats that I'm not interested in

To get the plat, you need to do all the Pthumeru chalices, Isz (I think) and at least Ailing Loran, just for materials, really.

Everything else is superfluous, except for Hintertombs just for the Madman Set, that's absolutely it.

Don't we have a discord?
If so, anybody have a link?

I may as well repost my question actually.

Looking to do a mainly skill build, level 120. Mostly co op and PvP eventually.

50 vit/20 end/31 str/50 skl/12 bld/7 arc

Lets me use virtually every weapon out there except for the spell tools and Evelyn. Strength as a dump stat and room for the cannon.

Thoughts?

>12 bld
Personally I like to have more bloodtinge whenever I do skill builds.

Chalice Dungeons are extra PvE content where you can farm the best gems and get other consumables. Each chalice has 3-4 layers. When you get to the bottom layer, you've beaten the chalice. Chalices go from depth 1-5. 1 being easy, 5 being the toughest. There's a speedrun guide in the op which explains dungeons better. That explains everything you have to do to get to the last one in the quickest amount of time.

Chalices you can skip:
Both of the Hintertomb
Either Lower Loran or Isz (You need to do one of these to get ritual materials though)

>I assumed it meant all extra points until cap is reached goes there.
That's what it means but the term is usually only used after you hit the main stopping point for a stat.

For example, if you had 44 vit you really wouldn't consider that as a dump, since 50 is the goal. Where as if you have 66 it would be considered a dump stat because you aren't getting very great returns but you are just dumping stats there because they have no where else to go.

If you are "Dumping" points in str on a skill build you aren't really using it as a dump stat, you are changing your build into a quality build.

Thanks user

8 Blt is plenty on a Str or Skl build.

I figured enough to use Chikage. See how much I like it vs other skill weapons like BoM. Can't narrow down a choice for favourite weapon.

I assumed quality builds were skl and str in equal measure but alright. Wanted 50/50 in vit/skl, few in end and the rest into str.

rakuyo and saif are best

In BB if you have over 25 in bot str and skl then it is a quality build

Gotta get that damn DLC, I really wanna try those. Especially Maria's.

Since my current build it 50 str/24 skl I may as well use it to test out all these weapons and see which works best. If I settle on something that's skill only then there'd be no point in bothering with str and I could maintain a lower level the way Lucifer keeps yelling at me.

44/15/30/20/18/40 lets you try literally everything in the game at level 117

I can do without the spells and tools. Might make a caster type build one day but for now I'll stick to the weapons.

Then the minimums are 30 str, 20 skl, 18 blt, and 14 arc.

Seems like I can test out most now although I obviously don't get to see how effective they are with 50 skl. Probably best though if I test now instead of making a test character, then I can just choose a build from there based on weapon.

>fishing hamlet
>all the inhabitants are fish
>they farm slugs and snails
>no actual fishing is involved

Miyazaki!

Byrgenwerth....Byrgenwerth...blasphemous murderes, blood-crazed fiends...

Well, technically they just wanted your eyeballs for research purposes. Your sexy messed up bulging soulless eyeballs.

On a scale of 1 to shit, how shit is tonitrus and why is it the worst weapon in any game ever?

PvP tiers.

>God Tier
Under-gemmed (10% gems etc) level 70-80 casual PvP in Nightmare Mensis/Fishing Hamlet/Hunter's Nightmare

>Fun Tier
Under-gemmed (6-8% gems etc) level 40-50 surprise invasions from Nightmare Frontier/Forbidden Woods/Byrgenwerth/Cainhurst/etc

>Why Do You Do This To Yourself Tier
Touch of Death 27.2 gemmed dedicated level 100+ pvp

>Doesn't Happen Tier
Any other pvp.

Used it in the forbidden woods and fought the Shadows with it. Broke mid boss fight. Still won.

But yeah, it's a shoddy piece of crap.

Works really, really well against a lot of bosses when built around.

Slow moveset, easily parried.
Low damage, low range, no superarmour on strikes.
Transformed mode is just a dumb buff, no insane combo potential.

Boom Hammer at least has range.

I mean there's no real excuse for it just being a buff when the Wheel's Arcane Buff gives it a whole new moveset with a whole lotta shit to mess with.

Why not just open areas near lamps? Beginning of Old Yharnam seems like a great PvP spot.

did u just buy the old hunters? should i buy the old hunters?

>beat Orphan on 1st try

Well shit, I don't even remember the music or anything.

How is the Kos parasite weapon?

Because nobody summons for Old Yharnam, outside of the Nightmare Bell Maidens don't spawn unless you summon, and you can't even use it for fight clubs (outside of using a dedicated twinked character for a host) since using a Sinister Resonance Bell won't spawn a Bell Maiden in an area you've beaten.

Same goes for all Pre-Amelia areas.

It's dumb. It's a dumb system.

Old Hunters is worth it.

Slow af but packs a punch.

Personally I just find it's too goddamn slow with only the slide attack being useful to poke people to death (I mean sure, it's viable in PvE, but fucking everything is), but it's there and you can keep the Rosemarius on hand to actually get shit done with a dedicated Arcane character.

Yeah what the hell. So how do you even set up FC? Get to an area you have not beaten then set up a pass?

YES YES YES

It's worth every penny

Pass doesn't matter for invading.

Just go to an agreed location and ring the shit out of that bell.

Old hunters is the guacamole to Bloodborne's nachos.

God that's annoying.

I hate guacamole.

I see what you mean about the dash attack. I'll probably try it out for a while since I've got lots of arcane anyway.

Then you hate love.

I have fucked myself. Got way too used to LHB damage now I don't even know how to go about this game without killing enemies in 2-3 shots.

youtube.com/watch?v=ma8WWF77Y3w

PvP compilation of mostly old FC shit. I miss those mirrors with buscemi. How are the FCs nowadays, do they happen?

So Paarl does like 3/4th my hp when he hits me. I have a +3 weapon, am I supposed to be fighting this guy right now? Where do I go after beating blood starved beast? I'm seriously lost

This one might be a bit of a shit to figure out.

Where you want to go is the Cathedral. To get there, you can either buy the Hunter Emblem for 10000 blood echoes from the messenger shop after beating the Cleric Beast, or drop down through the bottom of the Healing Church Workshop after beating Blood Starved Beast.

And no, generally you want a +5 weapon or so and such to really take on Darkbeast. I mean it's perfectly easy to stunlock the bastard to death if you know how, but I wouldn't expect that.

Might want to get Henryk's garb before fighting Paarl. I did Forbidden Woods after BSB

Can anyone tell me why i cant connect to this game!?
I got this game 2 months ago and this has happen to me every time i start up online mode.
I'll get instances where it actually works then i log off and come back the next day to this.
I've literally been lonely playing this game.
It's the only game where this happens.
Am i forever fucked to never play online in this?
I've looked around and have found nothing.

A dump stat is one that's worthless for your build, and so you put no points into it. Contrary to what some may tell you, it does not mean "the stat you dump extra points into." Violent Past would be tied if you were completely ignoring both Blt and Arc, but since you're bringing Blt up to 12 Military Veteran is better.

I may very well ignore them completely. Not a fan of the rapier and the chikage needs blt to be effective as I'm told.

How many times have you guys gone through the game and on what kind of builds? Do you ever just ignore certain areas?

Bloodtinge is mostly good for giving you a nice little poking attack so that people who backpeddle to go take a sippy are poked to death instead.

If you go any higher than 120 don't expect to get any invasions outside of the FC which doesn't happen that much these days.

Like 3 times. One QUALITY build that was just me using the axe to get carried, one STR/ARC build that I'm using to basically 100% the chalice dungeons and boy am I bored, and right now just dicking around with a Skill/Bloodtinge build.

I don't skip any areas. Since they're all fun. Although I do make sure to do Hemwick during the day and such.

Probably almost twenty times, and with every weapon and build available in the game. Besides vanilla Claws. Fuck those.

I forget about Hemwick a lot, but not purposefully

My first playthrough was a Meme Blade-carried Quality build.
Now i'm doing a pure SKL build with the Cane and Reiterpallasch.

>make sure to do Hemwick during the day and such.
why?

Not him but it's fucking terrifying. I do the same for that and Gaol.

It's much prettier.

I've run through the game 14 times for 7 builds now. That's my first clusterfuck character, a pure arc, a skill\tinge, strength leaning quality, pure tinge, a cowboy, and a spritzer character.

I've at the very least gotten all the clothes for each character, so I go through all the side areas for the fashion.

Getting all the fashion accessories is a must.

It's the curse of online gaming.
Servers aren't yours, means even if you paid full prize premium collector's director edition and all DLC and special passes and whatnot, as soon as the parent company says "fuck this close the servers" you lose half the game forever.

This happens to me very occasionally. I just sign in once I get back to the main menu and it's not a problem. Not sure why you're getting it all the time, though, sorry.

This has been bothering me since day one.

Where are the transformed female townsfolk?

There is Hemwick bitches but why would all of the Yharnam's women gather to that specific place and go nuts without anyone actually transforming?

Over a dozen times easily, not counting NG+s. With NG+s, 2 or 3 dozen playthroughs. I'll often skip swathes of the game. On NG, I typically just speedrun to Mensis, get the gems there, then go through any optional areas that I want to get emotes or items from. Then I do chalices, then NG+. Usually on NG+ I'll play through all the optional areas more-or-less in order. I prefer doing NG+s because I can go through the entire game with a complete build.

There are none out in the open since they're all behind the doors sewing and washing dishes and drowning their kids like all crazy women in Victorian times did.

No the real reason there's only men in the town proper and women in Hemlick is because Bram Stoker mobs were male townsfolk and witch covens are female.

There's also female beast patients in Old Yharnam.

Most likely only the men go on hunts, so there aren't any transformed women roaming about Central Yharnam. All the women in Central Yharnam would be in-doors.

Man I hate From's NG+, it's the laziest shit. They just pump enemy stats.

Well, what else would you want? Content locked behind an NG+ wall like in DkS2 and 3?

Just change enemy placements and shit. Give enemies new, devastating attacks. What's that? Brainsucker? Well now he's the Dicksucker, for reasons that will not surprise you. Shit like that.

And then on NG+s beyond that, you just make them way more aggressive instead of giving them more damage for damage's sake.

Boom. Done. Fixed.

Well I didn't say make the NG+ modes EASY, did I?

If FROM decided that enemies should have new stuff on NG+, they wouldn't just suddenly get more money and time to design and implement those assets. They'd have the same development resources as before. So this hypothetical version of Bloodborne where enemies get new stuff on NG+ would actually have identical movesets to what enemies in the current Bloodborne have on NG+. But the NG enemies would have some of their moves removed, so that they would be exclusive to NG+.

It sounds really nice when you frame it in terms of "More stuff on NG+" but the reality is that it's really just less stuff on NG. Once something is implemented in NG+, there's no reason not to also implement it in NG, except to make it NG+ exclusive to for exclusivity's sake.

Well the reason not to implement in NG is that the hypothetical new attacks would just be bullshit.

But whatever, new fucking enemy placements at least. You'd be surprised how much can change by throwing in a Blood Starved Beast instead of the half-dead werewolf you fight at the beginning of the game because fuck you.

Not much will change. You can easily just run past it because BSB has shit tracking.

If we're going to measure difficulty by how easy it is to run past something, we're going to be here a while.

Fair enough.

>pre-chikage BLT build
>any BLT-build prior to getting your weapon of choice

This is literally the most bored I've been with Bloodborne since I decided to try to run through NG++ with vanilla Claws.

Is there a general consensus on PvP weapon rank?

Your best weapon is a decent connection.

Anyone want to help with Great Pthumeru Ihyll?

Is anyone even alive?

>find Iosefka bending over on her table

Her womb may or may not be fucked but there's nothing wrong with putting my dick in her butthole right?

You fags said you wouldn't abandon the dream. But for the first time ever I wasn't able to get a single fight in the FC. Guess I'm gonna have to cave in and buy DS3.

Thats not Iosefka
Iosefka is the blue ayy lmao you killed by the door to the first lamp.

Remember "attack from behind" :^)

God tier:
Whatever you want.

Shit tier:
Tonitrus

Consensus says she consumed the third of a cord, she didn't bear it. She's growing eyes on the lining of her brain.

So that pussy is ripe for the taking my man, and I was blow her mind so much those eyes wouldn't be necessary.

FC was pretty much ded today
>Something like 8 people showed up throughout the entire time
>Got down to as low as two for parts of it

Neat
There isn't much pron of Bloodborne is there

Oh?
I actually didn't even find her until she started asking me to bring her people

Wait what the fuck?
Why do two posts have the same post number?

I thought that was her on the table and the thing that took her over is what you killed when you get into the clinic.

No because if you go into the Clinic earlier than the Blood Moon False Iosefka is someone you can fight. If you leave before doing so, she'll comment on it and ask you to bring more people for her operating table.

The ayy by the door drops a Iosefka's Blood Vial, that implies its her imo.

Every other ayy you kill is a survivor you sent or in some cases ignored I think.

I dunno who the one on the table is, could be her I guess but there is no evidence of it.

So has anyone ever wondered what the deal with Cainhurst is? That whole area just goes all out spooky.

With your own name written on the invitation for some reason along with those terrifying horses that arrive out of nowhere.

Never was able to figure out what's going on here and in my opinion it's one of BB's greatest mysteries.

So do we ever see the real one or is it just the false one and the ayy?

Maybe but that's just an item. I believe you also find one outside Mergo's

The Queen reaching out to you, an obviously gifted hunter, to turn you and make you deliver blood dregs? She still wants to have the child.