Minecraft General - /mcg/ - Edition Edition

Previous thread: We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

btm.asie.pl/16.2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BUILDS
POST THEM

INSPIRATION
POST IT IF YOU ARE ASHAMED OF YOUR BUILDS

Underrated, good to know

Gradually wrapping up various mods' content within the dome. Added a third for Witchery stuff.

Select all images with builds.

Okay

Are there ways to convert hungry nodes to tainted nodes without having a tainted biome? I pumped a couple hundred thousand cobblestone into a crucible over the course of hours, occasionally hitting it with a wand to spread the flux, but had no taint biome created. Taint spread is turned on in the configs as well.

ok /mcg/, a friend of mine has a letsplay channel and wants to branch off from vanilla to modded.

i told him that it is not a good idea to make a modpac from scratch due to config shenanigans.

so this should be simple enough, i need to find modpack that has the all your fundamental mods:

your magic mods, (thaum and its addons, ars magica, witchery, blood magic, and yes, even gay-tania and all the others)

your tech mods:AE2, buildccraft, etc,

farming mods: pam's, growthcraft, magical crops, etc

and i know there are some people here who hate it, but tinkers and naturally extra tic.

and all the other mods too numerous to list that should be a given.

but here's the challenge: i want to give them the option to duel wield with mine and blade, with the tinkers addon tinkers defence.

and it must have mystcraft for story purposes.

I'd look through the roster of technic and ftb modpacks. It sounds like you're describing the average ftb monster or whatever pack they are - mod for mod, except all you need to do is drop in a mine & blade and a tinkers addon mod into with it. I've been out the loop for quite some time but that sounds about what you're looking for.

a-anyone want a server host?

one more thing,

absolutely positively NO GoG

hmm, alright that could work. i've added optifine to other packs and nothing went too wrong with it, thanks boss

I just realized I've been making VERY liberal use of carpenter's blocks.

Hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass because I'm not stopping anytime soon.

Since all of those blocks are tile entities they'll eventually eat away at your fps trying to render so many.

How else am I to get those nice, smooth transitions user?

i-it's free?

>absolutely positively NO GoG

lookin good man

Open for business.

Closed for business.

clever use of malasis doors, but your hours are unreasonable!

Could be a before weekend and after weekend thing user.

>tfw having to cheat in building material because it would take way too long to find and dig out in the amounts I need
Oh well. I won't be building in creative mode so whatever I guess.

Here is the interior of my produce shop.

About 3 years ago I had a great 90+ mod pack I made and I put days into stabilizing alone, nevermind research and browsing.

3 years later I'm an old man and drunk and ain't got time for that.

What's a good modpock you enjoy? I remember Hexxit being pretty already, but altering it to use tinker's workshop stuff I think.

There may be a link with a guide provided by OP but it's hard to read and this is my minimum human interaction for the day.

I feel ya, I'm already getting that sluggish feeling within the tower as it is, but I think that's because of the floor of Conduit Facades on the second floor, and the liberal use of carpenters blocks.

Regardless, I'm sure I'll figure it out and get it working. The lower section to be used for AE and Storage Drawers might be a worthwhile investment, once I get all the fucking plates going.

>Use the same portal I initially went through
>End up this far away

Fuck

Waterworld has been a bit of a bother desu

Also, still no grass so I don't have passive mob spawns

Which means I can't start Thaumcraft at all because no feathers, I can't make the tconstruct armor because no leather, and Zombie jerky has been my goto food forever

Set up an IC2 recycler in hopes of getting a grass block from the recycle packages, nothing but a single cake thus far

kek, that somehow reminded me of super noah ark 3D

why don't you use bottled taint?

and maybe transforming your node in a magical forest (protected by silverwood and all) will prevent the chunk from getting tainted, i'm not sure...

Thaumic Bases and Thaumic Horizons.
Horizons has the vortex stabilisers, which can neutralise the pull from hungry nodes from a distance. Bases has the whole node modifier thing that lets you change the type and stuff of a node.

Oh wow, didn't expect it so quick

Wew

I love those little generators sooo much

>Can anyone here tell me what are the best mods for minecraft at the moment?

I'm kind of sick of vanilla minecraft and want an entirely new experience, pic unrelated.

Play FTB Infinity first.

Then pick out what you like and make your own.

How do I use BoP with RTG? If I use Biome Tweaker and RTG's config for it, the pack crashes during startup. If I use Climate Control, it spawns me on an island in the middle of a a seemingly endless ocean

What have you been feeding it?

Unholy amounts of crafting tables

I know that feel. Almost time to harvest it.

Speaking hungry nodes I died to one for the. First time today. Luckily my last back up was 5 minutes prior, but who the fuck thought they were a good idea?

welp. So far so good. Now I need to do node stuff but after that I can actually make more Cool Shit.

>the secret project is absolutely fuck all
woooooooooooooooooow

Why is it that whenever I have to actually go out mining I end up procrastinating and never actually get around to doing it

Is there anyway to make the little maids not talk so much? I like when they make sound when they get hurt or do an action or something, but they keep constantly talking every 5 seconds.

btm.asie.pl/16.2/

That's comfy as fuck.

This makes my beard tingle.

No

>Don't talk to me or my son ever again.

Sim city 2000

Quick I need pictures of everyone's mod list and a screen cap of their game if they can spare it.

>mod will only be "released when it's ready", deal with it :^)
>it has a public github link

screenshot next

boats

Look at it from another perspective, it's a great way to let people beta test the mod, filtering out the large percentage of people who are too retarded or technologically illiterate to install it from github themselves, the kind of people that would spam "it crashed pls help" even if it flat-out said "GET RID OF OPTIFINE YOU INBRED RETARD" in the first dozen lines of the crash log.

And if something bad does happen you can always just lean back on the good old "well you downloaded a mod that isn't finished, good job figuring out it doesn't work like it should :^)" excuse.

Thank you kind user.

>C. Rape her
I'm gonna go with C

>mfw finding out certus quartz gives less attack bonus per full modifier slot than nether quartz

place empty ic2 cropsticks and let weed grow
they'll turn adjacent dirt blocks into grass

uses 24 less though

I don't know user, something like that could get me banned, maybe if you showed me 3 more mod list with pictures like I asked. Then maybe, just maybe I could show you the picture for C.

3 pieces of quartz for a full level of sharpness did seem too good to be true.

Although even with just certus they end up op as fuck.

how do you create those images?
I've been using RTG for 1.9 too and wanny know what my world looks like with this

>version 1.9
People play that buggy version at all? Let alone mod it?

Not 100% up to date right now, I've updated Immersive Engineering, Buildcraft, and added FMB (Because I want some amount of pretty with Practical Logistics) but this is the general jist of the pack.

Quick question: Haven't played in a long time, but I'm in Tinker's Construct, is there any way for me to replace the head of my pickaxe, which is Alumite right now with a lot of Haste and Luck put onto it, and change it into a Manyullyan pickaxe head but keep the modifiers?

or do I have to make a whole new pickaxe? I thought I remembered being able to change parts but I can't figure out how to do it

Playing minecraft for the 3rd time now (never gotten more than a few days into a world)
I thought about playing vanilla with RTG, very much fun and that timed combat thing is nice too, much better than just spam clicking.
In what way is it buggy?

If you have Iguana Tinker Tweaks in, you can swap parts out. If you're gonna add it to your own pack, make sure to go though the configs thoroughly.

Apparently so! We have 49 mods queued up for BTM16 2.0 already, compared to 36 on BTM16 1.0. 1.9.4 should be coming out soon and we've already found a bunch of bugs in mods (and one potential bug in either vanilla 1.9 or Forge - allegedly, 1.9.3/1.9.4 may be fixing it) which are being fixed. You know what they say - the best time to make a modpack is just after BTM!

If he's in 1.8, that feature has been implemented into the base TiC.

Oooh that must be what I remember, shit I knew this modpack was missing something... I'm playing the FTB Infinity 1.7.10

I'm pretty far into this world, dabbled into a lot of the old mods I remembered using, TC, Thermal Expansion, Mystcraft, Thaumcraft, Botania, etc etc totally forgot about Iguanatweaks, should I just leave it out at this point from the risk of it just fucking everything up? or try to add it, i have no idea how the config files work

So if I use FTB Unstable 1.8.9 instead of FTB Infinity 1.7.10 I should be able to? Sorry I haven't done this since.... 1.6.4 or something

IgTinkerTweaks doesn't add anything on its own, it just changes how TiC tools work. Also, 1.7x isn't like 1.6x - so you don't have to worry about shit like item IDs anymore.
Basically, you can just throw it in the instance mods folder, and it will auto gen the configs, then you can turn off all the things like tool levelling and whatnot if you just want the part replace function

nah when I started infinity I thought I vaguely remembering that the tools were supposed to level up as well but I assumed it was just my imagination, or maybe MCMMO i was remembering, thanks for the help! I think I'm just gonna switch to 1.8x Unstable instead, I don't like the world I'm in or the house I built

Although in Unstable for the short while I played it, I don't remember seeing any villages that had the castle walls around them like Infinity had, and I don't know what mod added it

>villages that had the castle walls around them like Infinity had
Witchery adds that, and isn't on 1.8 because the author decided to write a whole new magic mod for 1.8 instead.
Basically, there is no good reason to leave 1.7.10 other than "new shiny" and new bugs

thaumcraft

after all, don't forget that one user who would love to deepthrout azanor. his shilling is somewhat commendable.

Ooh okay, well 1.7.10 it is, going to install IgTweaks and check the sticky in OP for any other mods I might've forgotten about... Thanks for your help! Everyone is usually pretty asshole-ish here in /mcg/ when I ask questions

>thaumcraft
I can live without taintstorms and new-but-not-really-golems-that-don't-quite-work-as-well-as-they-did.
Besides, TC isn't nearly as good without all the addons, and most of the good ones are still on 1.7.10

>tfw about to add enderIO to my thaumcraft game
Tell me why I shouldn't

Oh yeah speaking of TC, back in the day you used Redstone Conduits or w/e to transfer energy from Dynamos to Machines, and they don't seem to exist anymore? Unless I completely have their name wrong and just can't find it in WAILA or w/e that mod is called with the index

thermal expansion got split into several mods for reasons. probably sheckles.

thermal dynamics are where the conduits are, though they're now call ducts.

Oh yeah I've seen those, didn't want to make them and deal with the fuss if they weren't going to work, I just started tagging dynamos on each machine I had :\

Unnfgffgh I want to build one like it

the old redstone conduits are still craftable, same recipe and all.
still a pain in the ass though.

I dunno, why shouldn't you?

>le optifine maymay

I don't know, thats why I am asking

>le "i don't know what examples are" meme