/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dcgnnBPq
mediafire.com/download/pij6gb22t1y6456/48_colors.zip
mediafire.com/download/e77qo125wc1rhbj/ai_aggression.zip
mediafire.com/download/9p2z6jw1n9z96ws/beautful_battles.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reposting my Latin list.

pastebin.com/dcgnnBPq

How do I make the game challenging

>new thread
>old thread on page 2

fag

First for user who fixed sectors

Even though I just micro all my planets

The AI races do nothing

They might as well not exist

how do i fix sectors?
is it working in multiplayer?

Prepare your anus you fallen empire fags
I'm coming for you and your delicious looking ringworld

Reposting some links to mods:

Unzip in your Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod folder.

More colors in flags, including white.
mediafire.com/download/pij6gb22t1y6456/48_colors.zip

Increase the AI's aggression.
mediafire.com/download/e77qo125wc1rhbj/ai_aggression.zip

Changes in how battles play out.
mediafire.com/download/9p2z6jw1n9z96ws/beautful_battles.zip

So fleet comp doesnt matter and I should just go full battleshis?

turn your difficulty up

how do i fix sectors / remove sector limit?

Fleet comp matters. Going full battleship will get you raped.

No, you should go half battleships and half corvettes by fleet cap numbers. Make the battleships aggressive and the corvettes defensive.

Go to defines, edit the core_sector variable, make sure to encode the file as ANSI if you use notepad or your game will crash.

>Star Trek

Not long.

>Stargate
I think its impossible. This game is really about spaceship travel. Spaceships are very much of secondary importance in the Stargate universe and I can't think how it would be possible to put stargates in the game. Possibly as a planet modifier but that just wouldn't do it justice.

Don't know enough about the other series to really say

Every ship type has it's place except maybe destroyer. Massing dakka-cruisers and evasion corvettes with all the different battleship auras will make you literally unstoppable.

Mostly corvettes, they can get like 90% evasion chance

Use Notepad++

Wew lads, why is this not in paradox general?

Also, what is the best early game strategy:
>build up mineral extraction then research, tech edge will make me top other empires in the long run
>spam colonies everywhere, catch up on tech when all frontiers border someone, this makes me richer but defenseless and with bigger tech

Does AI go rampant if you give them rights?
I've done two campaigns so far, in the first one they went to war because I didn't know about the edicts feature and rallied against the Terran Confederation, and in the second they've been cool, industrious members of the Grand Lotus Directorate, and I've had the tech for near on a century.

is this working for multiplayer?

Nigger tech, not bigger. Because more pops increase research cost

Depends on the empire you're playing.

Peace loving xenophiles expand as fast as possible and form alliances for protection.

Militaristic style playthings might pay to build up your tech and army and acquire territory through annexation.

How do you figure out which planet/star system an asteroid is coming to hit even chain is aimed at?

Guys, how the fuck do i join a multiplayer game from a save? A friend is trying to join my game that we started earlier, but all it says is hot join, waiting for host to approve, and i can't find anywhere in the UI to do such a thing.

It is a new game, it would dominate that general, and it would require even more threads, as these aren't lasting very long as it is.

No idea

As long as everyone has the same Czechsum it works

kys

Never mind I am retarded

Despotic xenophobic collectivist empires go pretty well with fast expansion: conquer pre ftl species and enslave them to boost your mineral output

>can't add flavor text to your custom empires
this triggers my autism

91% evasion against a 70% accuracy weapon makes for a 100% dodge chance it seems

Anyone got the asteroid random event yet? I'm fucking this thing up so hard it's not even funny
me too actually, i already have an autistic ass headcanon though so whatever

Hover over the influence, and it will tell you. Frontier outposts cost continuing influence, as do planetary edicts.

Frontier outposts I'll bet

Does anyone else get unplayably low framerate when zooming in at the center of the galaxy map? Anyone know why?

The supermassive black hole in the center causes a space time disruption that causes time to slow in relation to places further away from the event horizon.
____________:^)___________

Maybe it is additive: 0,7accuracy - 0,91 doge = -0,21

And even if it is not, it would be a 6,3% to hit, pretty low(0,7x0,09=0,063) and this may skew observed results

I want a Foundation mod for Stellaris.

The game is fucking made for it

How do you get that high evasion?

I've had +5 for almost 20 years

It will be at 70, I look away and all of a sudden I'm at 10.
It's like one of the basic buildingd is bugged and charging me influence points.

Why are there no -2 traits?

I hate having 0 points left but only 1 trait left.

Till this moment, I never knew myself

Now I need this

wuzzat

Balance, extremely adaptative would be memey with fast breeder or something, -2 traits would make this possible

Hey. If anyone in here has their xenophobe terrans start get bugged out and break "The Hunt for the Hyacinth.", Just type "Event country.253 0" in the console.

Rewards are pretty shit, but I can't stand a broken quest... I mean directive entry.

Yes, I posted it on reddit first, sue me.

Instead of colonizing like a regular chump

I went ahead and just built robots everywhere

Fucking Stone age pop REEEEEEEEEEE

Then they should at least let us pick 5 traits max.

anyone play Community Balance Patch? what do you guys think of the new events system?

Culture mod after that

I want my GSVs worth 50K

Asimov
Read a book

>Start new game with random star spawn for empire
>Spawn right next to Sol
>Earth has early space age humans

Should I just observe the meatbags or should I turn them into a vassaled empire by helping them become more smarterer?

I can't enslave them because individualist.

Books are gay

I hope you're avoiding androids and synth tech.

You do a great service for the galaxy, because it seems like most empires are fucking shit at making money.

No u r

Observe, they have a special event chain I think.

nigga I beelined for those techs out the gate

>it's mid-late game
>empire's nice and big
>i have fucking warp travel so going anywhere takes forever

I'm so angry that I fell for the meme

Can there be no Fallen empires at all? I don't seem to ever find them.

I actually had a dream that they added a ledger and graphs to this game

Fucking Paradox

my fucking grand fleet got stuck in FTL in the middle of enemy space during a war and now im helpless, cool fucking bug. Anyone know how to fix this without disbanding the fleet? thats not an option without losing the war and 6 planets with it

t. Paracuck

load an earlier autosave

if it's a bug it's either that or nuking the fleet

i just tried changing the design and upgrading the fleet and it flew into the blackhole at the center of the galaxy and got "missing in action" tag and its just gone from the map now. Is this suppose to be an actual mechanic? the fuck is this shit

>+576% research cost from pops

>while playing a max happiness build, in the first system you scout get a large gaia world with almost no tile blockers and the ultra rich trait which gives a +50% mineral modifier to that world
That's the early strategy of my last game. That fucking world was making me 100 minerals on its own by the time I got to cruiser tech in midgame.

Are we talking got bugged when it was in enemy territory and peace was made? I had a similar problem once; are they "in combat" (check for the red popup).

If they are, you can get to the combat by clicking that, and retreat them. They'll derp around for a while then teleport.

>Fallen Empire opinion of me starts off Hostile
>Then drops to Dismissive
>Then drops to Patronizing
>They now refer to me as "child" and mention how proud they are of my progress despite being so young

W-wow thanks Space Dad

no the war was still going, like it just got stuck in jump between systems and i couldnt control it anymore. I read about the peace bug but haven't seen anyone talk about this before.

yes. actual mechanic.
they'll be back, you can see actual date of their arrival if you hover on question mark

>restart game due to consistently getting no minerals
>next start is even worse
>literally the worst start I have ever had

Oh yes, I can totally keep up with the grand total of 9 fucking minerals in my starting range. Fuck this game, your starting RNG determines your long-term success way more than any willingful choice your make.

How many planets should you get before you chill out for research ?

POST YOUR MAPS.

>Be the red blob on the right
>Vassalize the two civs above and below me
>Busy integrating the bottom one which will take 400 MONTHS
>Ethic Divergence is good so it should be gud
>Bottom is a massive hugbox alliance that will all go to war at once
>Top is dual dickriding with the two large blue states raping everyone
>Fallen Empires all on the left
WHAT
DO
I
DO

Most people just reached Battlecruiser tech

build a frontier outpost

Ok i just got the game today and i was playing i got 2 red research sentient AI and synthetics i was hoping something would happen but nothing did. Is the a chance they will backfire or is it just to scare you?

ayy lmao

>France
>intoing space
There's not enough cloth in the galaxy to weave a white flag big enough to be seen from orbit.

They go full terminator on you if they don't have rights. A new planet spawns near your home world and a 20K? fleet spawns with it. All of your synthetic pops turn into robot invasion armies and can take over your worlds very quickly. Even if you manage to defeat them they keep sabotaging your space stations and spread to other empire's synths like AIDS.

Why not just build mining extractors on your planet?

I have never had issues with it, also the pay off is really nice 1k minerals for killing it.
So why didn't Stellaris use the EUIV model for vassalization where size effects warscore required, I hate this 60% bs in mp it is way too easy to vassalize ai.
Also any word on getting sectors fixed aside from micromanage it all yourself?

>tfw my colonists found mole people
>tfw they're massive bros

can you make your empire full synth?

No.

T. rump

Is talented worth it when quick learner exists?

I will kill every disgusting sloth civ I ever encounter

What I'm hearing is "free new world near home world to go with my free robotic slave labor"

Is that right?

Assuming you start with 2 science ships, it takes 4 years for you to accumulate enough influence to get a frontier outpost. Then it takes another full year for it to get built. And THEN you have to wait the additional months for your mining stations to go up.

So in total, you have stagnated and have fallen behind by about 5-6 years, with nothing you can do to stop it. it's bullshit.

;_;

My game chugs really hard at this stage, and my PC isn't a slouch.

Ok call me dumb but do you happen to need to make them or do they just "grow"?

I did an empire with indirect democracy, and talented, I find the every leader starts at level 3 really useful since it means when they die I don't lose as much from the skill, and then once you get advanced governments poping them out at level 4, it also helps in early wars where you have rank 3 officers going up against rank 1.

>purging mammals

It seems great until they blow up all your teir 6 stations through unpreventable events.

Are there any possible shenanigans with migration? Can I start exporting my pops to other empires and later have a revolt that would involve my pops or something?

You'd actually be surprised; like 95% of our civilian habitats are going to be white reinforced fabric supported by air pressure.

It's just more economical that way... Also that instant depressurization warning of loose seams and 45 second patch repair.

>Paracuck added niggers to every race
>even in the fucking furry races
god damn it.