Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Raising the dead edition

>do we rely care that
Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15

>I'm a fucking spud and wont even read this
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kiranico.com/en/mh4u/item/zenith-wyvern-gem-l
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Monster Hunter 5 will be NX exclusive.

has anyone changed weapons in a new game and cant even get out of low rank without carting at least once each hunt?
changed to dual blades from charge blade and im struggling, is this usual or do i suck more then most people

2nd for Ace Cadet

You suck more than most people. Sorry, friend.

any tips then? dual blades are hard
even more so when i cant even buy potions yet.
also i restart at 1 cart so that will help me in the future yeah?

Eat for Felyne Strongcat.

No idea, I don't really play dual blades. But they're close to the most mobile weapon class in the game, if you're carting a bunch it's probably because you're trying to exploit openings that aren't there and getting punished for it.

Consider using smaller combos more frequently rather than longer combos less frequently. Walk with the monster. Become the monster.

*SQUAWK*

Read the new guide.

don't use dual blades early game. you'll be stopping to sharpen every 30 seconds.
go to youtube and search for videos of people hunting the monster you're carting against with the weapon you want to use, and take note of what they're doing, what they're not doing, where they're hitting the monster, etc.

we are going to die again, i guess its not worth putting constant generals up anymore.

please dont die i rely dont wanna go buck to the discord

How greatly were sns and bow buffed in MHX? I've been trying to get into sns on 4u and mained bow in 3U but they've always seemed a little weaker than some of the other options available unless you got really good with them.

Instant Lv3 + Power shot
Irregular Shot Up to increase power shot damage
Ammo saver for infinite power coatings

Anyone up for a bit of Sunday farming for a few hours?

5172 0567 8354

Jeez that sounds good, sounds like element bow could outclass element lbg in gen

>Instant Raw Damage Buff + Raw Damage Buff
>Increased Raw Damage
>Infinite Raw Damage coatings
>Buff for elemental bow
How
the fuck
do people like you read one thing, and then interpret it to mean the complete opposite?

How is this even possible? Have you ever looked at a "Do Not Swim: Crocodiles" sign and thought, "Wow, what a great place to swim!"?

Is this Gen dead?

4U by the way.

Don't commit too hard if you don't know the monster yet. If you feel you're in a sticky situation, just spam demon dash away. Also tail spins style attacks are really easy to dash through.
Go for spin2win on heads as much as possible, but you'll have to hit legs a lot still.
Don't worry too much about carting, you have 3 tries, might as well use them, espacially early when you don't have an optimal skillset.

Please someone help me farm Akan.

I just died after 20 minutes.

g rank?

HR because I'm low level scum.

>Pliss 2 be helping me with Agnaktor
I
Am
So
Erect
Right
Now

Room?

Post MH or fuck off

This one.
k

It's not coming up. Double check that you didn't make any errors?

Sorry to trigger you user, I meant it that the raw boost can now cover the damage elemental lbg has over elemental bow, since the element would stack onto the massive raw damage bow now has in mhgen

That is... one way to interpret it. In practice, just pick whatever fiendishly high raw damage bow is meta and use that. In 4U is was Kama, in Generations it'll be the Teo bow.

You people that create rooms, why don't you slip it under fishing so that it's a lot easier to just search and join?

>frontier kutku armor
Good taste

>Reading the OP
You crazy? They might get aneurysm

I'll do it in future!

There are a lot of revisions.

Only the first line, the rest barely changed since 4U was released, the room location never does.

I made it fishing for all those that want to hunt!

5172 0567 8354

>4U first game
>read all about it
>solo 95% of LR and HR, get to G-Rank
>try G1 Desert Seltas
>having a good time
>fucking Apex Monkey Dick appears out of nowhere
>carts me twice
>third time leaves me with a sliver of health
>killed by a Konchu while getting up

How do I git gud?

That's called bad luck user.

Just leave the area or kill the fucking thing. Is Rajang really that hard for you?

cant stop the monkey cock user

>people who don't send their guild card after you send yours
Fucking rude cunts

gottem

I actually Dung Bombed the Seltas to try and get rid of Raj, but got totally thrashed. The second time I was in the middle of a mount. He appeared mid-mount and by the time I dismounted he was already beaming me.

I'm familiar enough with Rajang as I solo Lance'd him to farm horns in HR, but this spazzin motherfucking monkey I just met is definetely not what I fought before.

No one prepared me for this, literal first experience with G-rank is surprise hot monkey dick.

>Send guild card out
>They send a friend request back

heh

anyone up for helping me get a pallium or two from raging Dio in 4U? I'll be happy to help you with whatever you need afterwards.

67-8090-8226-0027

passcode:7243

Blanche is too scary for you?

Blanche's busy helping a G2 at the moment, and I dont really wanna have to force that player out of hunting just because of my own selfish goals

Lame.

well guess nows the time to get a new 3ds. too bad america gets blue, red is a lot better

why are the hunting horn hunting arts so lame

Because HH is lame.

Because all the arts are just regular frontier moves made special. And frontier's HH is its weakest weapon with only the sonic bomb move being the most notable one.

thats why it needed cool hunting arts to make it less lame

hey /mhg/

do you like brachydios

cause i want you to splatter all over me

rate my pickup line

guildmarm please go

splatter what exactly?

>not that thing where that one hunter gets dicked while trying to help his buddy
one job

Can i get a discord invite?

whatever your fleshy man gunlance produces

Where's the fun in hentai parodies if you're making a reference in a doujin from the same franchise?

just to let you know beans in 14 and you need to bully him as much as possible cos he has to play at burger king like the autist he is

The discord is the worst circlejerk of shitters I've ever seen.

>drooling gigginox made my dick tingle
help

G3 and about to start using HBG. i'm a bow main, but i never used any other ranged weps.

threw this set together to scrub around G1-3 while i learn the wep:
regios cap x
hermituar vest z
diablos guards z
regios coat x
diablos leggings x
pierce up +6 OOO talisman

recoil down + 1
evade extender
normal up
pierce up
with 9 extra slots not including weapon slots.

am i on the right track here?

Don't need both Normal and Pierce up, and you probably don't need recoil down.

oh, i was going to use the agna scorpion with limiter removed, which i was told can utilize both shots well. doesnt recoil need to be at low to spam pierce shots?

i'm going to work on making the gravios gun later.

I've been maining HH this time around, and am wondering what's the best sort of armor combo... I know Maestro is a must have, but I'm trying to figure out which armor goes with what to make the best set possible for G-rank. Can anyone give me any pointers?

Agna Scorpion has "Some" recoil, you don't need Recoil Down on it.

Only if you can read the pastebin

that set is pretty good, here's one you might like which doesnt use weapon slots, but if you do have them, then you might be able to add more

Diablos Cap Z
Hermitaur Vest Z
Chaos Guards
Diablos Coat Z
Diablos Leggings X
-----------------
+6 Pierce Up OOO

gives pierce up, recoil reduction +2, evade extender, peak performance, reload speed +1

Use Athena's ASS

the guide
basically just stack damage skills

see

>peak performance

i think i'm a bit too much a scrub with the hbg to use this right now, but i'll give this set a try.

seeThe part about HBG
"Some" recoil means you can shoot Pierce 3 recoilless.

Am I a bad person if I always eat for explorer and always go out of my way to mine when playing online?

Well, since Generations was generated by a bot, there's nothing even worth mining, so maybe that'll stop you?

If you were the host, I'd leave. As long as the host sets a good example, I don't care what anyone else does.

What?

I picked up hunting horn last night and made a dope ass set for it. Too bad I suck with the weapon. I'm not carting since I play every other weapon except the lances and the hunting horn has incredible mobility. I just can't memorize these songs and when the pressure is on in the middle of a battle my mind draws a blank and can't remember any of them except self improvement. I find myself just hitting the monster and playing a song if I just happen to land on a correct note sequence.

SNS has some good hunting arts and some new weapon oil buffs exclusive to it. They're items you use that last a certain amount of time but you have to buy them from the shop, they're not like wystones. One of them is exhaust oil which lets you KO with normal slash attacks. One increases your affinity by a lot. One gives mind's eye and the last gives partbreaker.

>forgot to bring sonics for cephadrome
At least I can speed up the emulator. Even the small cephalos tried more to kill that the big piece of shit.

Memorise them as button combos, not colours. Some horns have orange on a and others on x+a and shit like that anyway. If you really have trouble try a melody extender horn. They get AUL, the most potent song, knockback res, good for your lances and snses, and melody extender, which is x+a-a-x+a and by playing it you never have to play the other two after the first time unless someone carts, just play that one easy to memorise one.

Anyone want to get the taiko horn with me?

Is it good fully upgraded? I'll join either way, I got nothing to do besides grind lrg elder dragon gems and I'm fucking sick of that bullshit.

It's Gog's horn, stlightly less good, but cutter.

I dunno, I just like how it looks. I've never even use a HH.

Rooms up.

>Zenith wyvern Gem L

Wow fighting 2 monsters at once is hard

>rathalos webbings

>Zenith wyvern Gem L
>kiranico.com/en/mh4u/item/zenith-wyvern-gem-l
>90% apex jho and monkey dick

yeah, that's why it's awful
>fight 40%ers a bunch
>or fight apex pickle (worse than savage) or have an apex monkey dicking a couple times.
at least its not apex gravios, I guess.

apex bounce is shit

Learn how to apex with the guide, it's actually fun and easy, the worst part is the AI.

>apex
>fun

You can't have both, you'll have to choose only one.

>with the guide
you mean the hitzone shit in the pastebin?
I already know the non-bounce hitzones, just hitting specific zones outside gunning is annoying.
With gunning, if you're talking DK or steve.

The whole soft-spot thing, the whole MV>Damage thing.
Gunning was shafted, that's a fact, you HAVE to use Slicing if you want to deapex the most efficiently, then only comes pierce.

>Not having 99 of these and having to throw them away after every hunt

Just play the game.

>shit anime gifs

>tfw shitters are so common you actually run out of lifepowder mats