/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/yifanlu/e80db121d38aceb8cca0e03cefd5853b/3c4dd89869156ca0f945a2791e699acfdb32b510
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/
darkumbra.net/forums/topic/81530-super-smash-bros-4-dlc-unlock-edited-files-updated-and-fixed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wii U CFW when

5 hours

I have an uncensored Bravely Default .cia, but I'm pretty sure it isn't undubbed. Any way to patch it at all? I'm comfortable with minimal instruction. Just need someone to point my way to the proper tools and files

>Launch game
>Choose japanese

wow

Anyone?

Every poster below me uses >Cakes, do not trust what they say.

The above post is lying

It has dual audio? Had no idea. Haven't touched my retail cart since it came out

You're using Cakes urself!!11! XDDD
Gummimauer, doppelter Spiegel und Harry Potter sicher

hack your us console, transfer saves

otherwise this is your only option gist.github.com/yifanlu/e80db121d38aceb8cca0e03cefd5853b/3c4dd89869156ca0f945a2791e699acfdb32b510

If the US system isn't gonna be hacked, then there's not really much you can do. If you decide to hack it you can look to this thread for some general guidance. Use your own discretion, though.

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/

Posted again in case you closed the other thread or whatever.

Post shit buyfags seriously believe.

>"If you can't afford games, you shouldn't play at all! xD"
Oh yeah buyfag, just like poor people shouldn't go to school or have electricity, right? Fuck off!

Reposting.
I haven't tried with Hyrule Warriors but yes, you can update your games (it seems Mario Kart 8 is little special though). Make a copy of your game first so you can use it if this fails.
Use Uwizard, select the latest version (or the version you want), select the decrypt button, start downloading. Copy and paste the folders. Overwrite existing files and folders. Done.
If this works, please report back.

>tfw buyfag

>tfw buying or pirating depending on what best suits me at the time because I'm an emotionally stable adult that doesn't feel the need to take sides because an anonymous poster on an imageboard made fun of me

Ah, thanks, forgot about the a9lh folder. I'm getting new options now, but the menu's fucked. I'll try the other nightlies.

German covers are disgusting, the USK thing is fucking huge.

I'm having trouble with step 8 under homebrew using Plailect's guide. Whenever I tap the slider it looks like it launches the browserhax, but ends up just freezing with a red screen. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I buyfag too. Piracy is for games I don't care enough about to want to pay for.

Red screen usually means that it can't find boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card.

kek

agreed, it pisses me off imensely

This
Manga is the only thing I buy if I enjoy it though

wat

You have a point there. Next to that the rating is absolutely useless anyway as no one fucking cares.

>imensly

I usually finish games before I buy to see if it's worth my money or not.

Alright, looks like it works ok with 174, but all the settings got reset. Fuck, which ones were supposed to be enabled? Block FIRM partition updates and what else?

Thanks, misread where to put it.

So I installed 20 games
Installed A9hax and FW is Emu 11.0.0

Any recommendations for neat homebrew to mess around with?

Just use luma user

I deleted my nnid using my wii u, and now I'm wondering what will happen the next time I turn on the WiFi on my 3ds(it's associated to the same ID). Will I receive a notification saying that I'll need to format or something like that?

I've only very rarely paid for a game after already beating it. Why bother at that point?

EUCLIOD is pretty fun.

prboom is pretty cool, but that's only because I'm a fan of the 3D effect in general. In fact, I think the 3D effect on it is probably near the fringes of what even people who like 3D could tolerate, but I'm certainly enjoying myself.

You'll have to install the prboom .cia, though, since the homebrew launcher version included in starter.zip wont work if you're on A9LH + 11.0.

What psp do you buy if you want the best one for hacking?

on step 22. of part4 i get an error message when trying to backup emunand to emunand_original.bin

it reads: SD is not formatted for EmuNAND

i was originally using the sd card that came with the 3ds but once i reached step22 of part4 it said the SD card had not enough memory left, i checked on the computer and it was true so i got a bigger sd card and copied everything exactly as it was then repeated the process and what i described above happened.

i still have the original black up save from step6 of part3 and the original SD card that ran out of space

Early 2000 versions.

Permanent patches, pandora battery, more ram than 1000.

Because I like to support devs that make great games, I just don't want to spend my money on shitty games that look good like fire emblem fates

On part one of Plailect's guide, I've configured the hax trigger but it doesn't seem to work when I reboot my O3ds. It set it to down on the D-pad like it recommends but when I reboot the 3ds holding down, it just takes me to the home menu. What am I missing here?

Nevermind, got it already. Finally, regionfree cia launching.

SMD german cover is hilarious. They fucking moved Cyndaquil to the other side to fit that shit.

nvm fixed it.

>spoiler

Complete fan translation when? It would make this pile of shit a bit more bareable.

Can someone sum up the drama between the Luma3DS and ReiNAND devs? At first glance it seems pretty clear ReiNAND guy is just pissed someone knows more than him and can improve on his work in ways he doesn't immediately understand

Hello Squid Friends!

Mods keep banning us from Veeky Forums but we will never leave! Come join our fine group of artist proudly displaying NSFW art on bluetext boards. This is our version of a sitin! Come sit with us! Squid ya later!

Consider suicide.

Is the "final" fan translation not complete?

>we can't allow better change the cover so we can fit that fucking USK sign
what is this country doing
help me guis

>help me guis
How are we supposed to help you if we cannot even help ourselves?

Nope, they abandoned it before finishing the last support conversations apparently. Fuckers can't do anything right.

getting this when launching decrypt9
wut do?

All 3 routes are fully translated, only the supports are left.

carry on

lmao

How many? Is it a serious issue or is there a pastebin or something that I can just read along with?

PEGI is the better looking one, but ESRB has a better rating system. Also PEGI doesn't add that annoying "online interaction not rated" thing at the start of the games.

anyone got the link to the leaked 3ds 7 dragon cia? (US ver)

How much room does a9lh and 11 take up on a 32GB card?

How?
A9lh >cakes171 10.7

I've been following the 3DS guide and I successfully have Emu 9.2.0-20E. However, the next step is making me shit bricks incase I fuck something up.

>Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings

So I just have to go to Other Settings > System Update? I'm paranoid as fuck, I've spent so long downgrading.

31gb

I think none of them are done. Their biggest beef with them was that every conversation was in a separate file and that it was too much work to extract and then put stuff back in every time.

3DSISO

only a few MBs after installation is fully complete. in fact it saves you an extra 1GB(2GB on N3DS) of space due to it getting rid of emunand

Yes

I preferred BBFC ratings, because they've had 70+ experience of rating media. It's why Mass Effect got a 12 from them and a bloody 18 from PEGI.

Yes, make sure you do it in rednand and not sysnand.

You will boot into sysnand once you close system settings

I just realized I didn't back up 108 otp
will we ever need it and if so how hard is it to get considering I already have a9lh now?

I've hacked my 3DS, and everything works great except I can't run Ambassador GBA games... I'm assuming because it tries to leave EmuNand and something messes up there

Anyone have a fix?

>They fucking moved Cyndaquil to the other side to fit that shit.

It makes no sense for Cyndaquil to be there when the original cover intended same gen starters to be close to each other, and he's at the opposite side. Fucking retarded.

Cool, thanks.
mega:///#!R5JBGATJ!9JXhSS0poqAf4-Gy5aBRleM4fsCeFPbxFl9p19QoaP4

I have a 3DS that I wanted to put arm9 and from 2.1 I fucked up and upgraded to 11, Any way I can do something now?

Thanks friends! Holy fuck I'm so nervous.

as of now its completely useless. The guide just tells you to download it IF it ever becomes useful in the future

Install modified agb_firm on both emunand and sysnand

This is what I got when I ran it in gridlauncher.

Wii U DLC piracy when?

So what's the current best way to get the proper Fire Emblem Fates experience? Is there a patch for the US version that removes most of the bullshit?

it already exists :^)

theres a download on 3DSISO someone put NoA's release over the japanese version so no cut content is removed. VA is in Jap too

>get 7th dragon
>get my shit kicked in

10/10 would recommend, good game!

I believe you can convert your 0x100 OTP into 0x108 OTP if it's ever needed, so you won't need to downgrade anyway.

Literally how
Just buy new weapons if you're talking about the first trip into atlantis and it all becomes a joke

it's loadiine only so no online so it's useless

I'll assume you mean Code VFD. It's meant to be easier than the first game and Etrian Odyssey.

In the Luma3DS github, it says one of its features are custom GBA games.
How and where do I access this feature? Does it mean installing .cia roms through FBI, and if so how do I convert GBA files to .cia?

Well, you're still getting gutted dialogue, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Why is Servine by itself then?

gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/
Just ignore the part about patching AGB_FIRM, luma does that for you.

You can find a ton of premade GBA .cias on 3dsiso, and the software to inject the roms into .cias yourself if you can't find the game you're looking for.

Fuck it. I'm going with the fan translation and Googling my way through anything that isn't translated.

>not learning moonspeak for vidya.

Smash DLC for LITERALLY FREE
darkumbra.net/forums/topic/81530-super-smash-bros-4-dlc-unlock-edited-files-updated-and-fixed/
That's because Smash DLC is literally a paywall. No stages but honestly who cares about the stages
Loadiine supports owned DLC, but it's open source so you can change it to read pirated DLC. Still useless seeing as there's still no online, but it's a huge step considering online is the next feature they're implementing.

This is what I got when I reran the downgrade.

im very weak in this game, i like it though

I did but I don't remember a thing

If you learned properly you wouldn't forget user.

I just want to pirate DLC on my original game

I'm trying to use SafeSystemUpdater to downgrade to 9.2. Every time I attempt to downgrade, it seems to get stuck on

HBX INIT...

What's the deal?

But you can? at least that's the case with Smash.

Use plaisysupdater

actually some supports are done. I haven't played through all games fully but I'd say a half or a third are done