/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/EvTaK5B4
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for someone tell me the trait exploit.

first for corvette spam

THIS THREAD IS TOO FAST

first for shitty diplomacy

came here to pos this
jesus christ

Tachyon nerf when? They outclass everything to a comedic extent.

first for my post is the best first post

>planetary bombardment is related to fleet size, not to fleet power

Who's bright idea was this?

That's what you get when you play on fastest all the time
Who /normalspeed/ here?
It's just so comfy seeing everything around you slowly progress.

You fuck right off

first for DLC when

>can't build a Death Star
>can't make it disintegrate planets on call
shit game

How do I make the Swarm spawn?

Is it just random? I'm currently bored as fuck and every AI is in an alliance.

12th for DLC will fix it

>send my 46k fleet after an enemy 10k fleet that keeps jumping between my systems
>they attack my fleet every time it jumps out of FTL speed while it's paralyzed
>after my fleet gets ready to attack they instantly retreat and repeat their bullshit
The AI abusing a shitty game mechanic, it's hilarious.

>Do all planets have 25 tiles?
Yes

>Can different factions be in control of different parts of a planet?
I think so, they all seem pretty independent and earlier one of them asked for independence.

How do I build robot pops? I finished the robots tech but don't see them anywhere. I thought maybe I put them on a colony ship but I just finished one and it didn't have an option to put robots on it.

Explain to me why I shouldn't just glass all alien empires late-game.

I'm not even an evil empire.

Are 3 small nuclear missiles better than 1 small 1 medium?

check your policies

How do i get my premades to show up as AI empires?

pastebin.com/EvTaK5B4

Knightly Order name list mod I'm currently working on. Keeps generating blank names and I can't find the mistake for the life of me( Doesn't help I don't actually know how to write this) Yes, I know the ranks are shamelessly stolen from the Brotherhood of Steel.

Same way you build buildings

When everyone has tachyon, no one is OP.

>The AI abusing a shitty game mechanic, it's hilarious.
Sounds like fleet tactics, sucker bitch.

Learn to bait them into defense platforms for maximum dicking. Or just put those warp damper things on your battleships. Stop being gay.

split your fleet up man

Has anyone got a link to the Stellaris soundtrack? Feed me.

So many ways to stop that and you actually whine when AI for once in it's life is actually playing smart.

Because you can't.

Anyone found a fix for armies getting stuck on unpopulated worlds? Other than sending a colony ship.

>Give synthetics full citizen rights
>They have -5% happiness because I allow xenos to be leaders

what kind of hypocrite ass niggas are these robots...

Okay, then can anyone tell me the files I need to edit to make my super traited Arachnids?

you click the button

For what?

I clicked on a free tile and didn't see anything about robots.

xth for identity confused squids.
Guess that's why they're a fallen empire.

They just want to be in charge. ready yer butts

Even robots hate space niggers

Building robots is in the same place where you build a building.

Synthetics are assholes. Never go past droids.

DO you use Notepad +++?

I got 3 fleets of that size and the other two were busy attacking their system.

I didn't even mind so much. Guess it categorizes as fleet tactics then, just thought it was curious how it'd utilize a weird tactic like that. Personally I wouldn't even try attacking a force 5 times my strength.

These guys just appeared on one of my planets... what do?

Hey, I really like multiplayer games, but rarely play 4x.

Does Veeky Forums play a buncha multigames together?

are they at all pirate friendly?

So I pirated the gaem and gonna try and install it on my craptop. Nothing even comes close to the min recs. Wish me luck guys.

>trans
purge

Don't judge them, shitlord.

I actually really liked that. Thanks, user.

Notepad ++
Pastebin butchered it, It doesn't actually look that shitty.

good goy

females are ladies or dames, not knights

unpredictable ai run by a bunch of rng is boring as hell. that's why I like eu4 because you can actually plot and plan ahead.

mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

This mod sometimes gives me a giggle

Wait for them and your race to start fighting which gives them the strong trait, then make gene warrior armies out of them.

Don't forget it's only a 1% chance for the game to select one of your premade empires.

If you want to have it be more common, go to /stellaris/common/defines/defines.lua and change CUSTOM_EMPIRE_SPAWN_CHANCE to something higher. I have mine set to 15%, so odds are good I'll see at least one of my custom empires in any given game, but it won't be all the time.

This is not meant to be historically accurate.

because this game has worldwide distribution
not onlky fat kike-enablers play this game

you scum

So how do you install custom mods? Just copy/paste the folders over the ones in the install directory?

NICE

Because destroyers have a much higher chance of sustaining casualties during a fight. Cruisers can take a substantial amount of beating due to their base health which is increased by repeatable techs and crystal plating, while the destroyers not nearly as much. While the fire output is the same, the fleet casualties are only limited to evasion corvettes. Also, same cruiser class can be fitted with both a lance and anti-swarm capabilities. Battleships are extremely expensive and while they provide high amounts of firepower, their true strength is in the auras. Cruisers can provide a whole lot of firepower for a much lower cost. Even then, the battleships and cruisers only exist to support the massed evasion corvettes. I can take on similar size FE fleets with just several corvette losses.

But that's just my fleet comp. I'm sure there are functioning comps with destroyers in them, I just don't think mine could benefit from them.

With all the spiritualist options in this game there really needs to be a Halo mod. I want to enslave alien races as the Covenant and purge humanity.

at least make the titles make sense, they are gendered words

USE notepad

but why knightfaggish names
????????????????????????

WHERE
ARE
THE
STARGATE MODS

I WANT STARGATES
I WANT ASGARD, GOA'ULD, REPLICATORS, ORI

What combat roles do you put your battleship/cruisers in?

are robots really good? 150 credits each is alot early plus the maintance seems like it will starve me for credits long term.

>stargates
>no spaceships, just teleport directly to other planets

I expect Divine Mandate and other religious empires to have a "sacrifice" option to kill other POPs and get some shit

Necrons pls go do I look like the blood angels to you I don't want your peace

no, you just delete system32 it is the source of lag (not needed)

Honestly this. I cant wait to nuke the fucking furlings.

They're military titles, Relax.

Battleships are fitted with lances and the cruisers are fitted with lances and anti-swarm to take down enemy's smaller ships.

I bet 5 bucks that paradox will not be able to balance the ship types and instead force us to build them anyway

I want religion implemented like the EU series so I can have a Holy Roman Catholic Empire glass heathens who refuse to convert

Why is there no homeworld mod, yet?

What button? I don't see anything on the selection screen.
Fucking seriously?

I swear to god some kind of gate/portal based FTL method is coming in DLC Sword of the Stars hive style.

I find them only good for mining inhabitable planets.

tfw the ai gives up early and ruins my plans to liberate them

I'm now stuck building up planets so I can sectorise them without it killing my resources

just put OBHOMO HOMO
and LORD FETISH

it's 2035 now

yeah and females who would go into battle were dames or ladies, and probably a few other words I don't know of

Uh, guys...

I'm not spiritualistic.

Should I pursue the Old Gods?

Ideally a fully functional mod would have other factions defending their Stargates so you can't just abuse it. Also you'd have to find out their Stargate addresses in the first place.

>use the stargate at the right time
>game goes back 1000 years

[fuck off]

You are now aware that the original SG-1 died in Egypt.

Did you not realize that the ranks are ripped from the BoS?

What mod is it that keeps giving you guys the glowing orange center of the galaxy, like the way it's supposed to be?

I cannot stand that fuzzy white cloud at the center, but I just spent an hour searching through Steam Workshop and couldn't find whatever it is you all are using to change it.

Is this game really worth getting? At least now, in it's current state?

It sounds feature incomplete and buggy.

reported for sexism

It's pretty easy with only three location to run after and give you some tech anyways. AKA you lose nothing go for it nerd.

>Suddenly Fallen Empire next to me

God dammit

>Enigmatic Observer
>It gets pissed off if I purge

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

It's the phoenix button. It has three settings, either the empire is prohibited from appearing, it has a chance of appearing, or it's guaranteed to appear (as long as there is enough room, it probably can't appear if you have 20 empires set to appear but are only playing a 16 empire map).

I play with my own empires only all the time.

Pirate it to try it out
I did and ended up paying full price because I really enjoyed the product as is

thats a cool random event

I got a question, after ai revolt what happens to new synths?
Can you safely produce them?

>dislikes colors

Autism completed