/ps2g/ - Planetside 2 general

Old school lightning edition
--
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-5-5.240448/
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-5-3.240391/
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-update-4-30.240301/
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-4-28.240178/#post-3389244
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-4-27.240151/#post-3388875
--
>What is this game?
pastebin.com/baxwRMDg
>How do I play?
pastebin.com/CWn3VQJD
>How do I play? (advanced)
pastebin.com/p0ZwzqSu
>Tweaks and optimizations
pastebin.com/MEqFBUut
>Weapon stats and vehicle weapons
pastebin.com/341Dv7Y6
>Weapons chart some user made
i.imgur.com/HOdhWox.png
>How does the construction system work?
planetside2.com/news/construction-system-guide-ps2-2016

Previously

first for HATE

boltshitting at the crown

TI alloys is the new crown

what's the best place to build an autism base

edge of map or on top of cortium?

I generally find that those edge of map bases are really damn easy to cut off from ANTs and resupplies.

6th for thanks ross

boltshitting at ti alloys from the crown

I lost 100 certs from the server shutting down, how do i get them back?

play for ten minutes

suck a few dicks

Cry

fucking cobalt just died again, what is this shit

are you memeing me

>Ross memed another server
Lel

Hmmm, I wonder which poster belongs to which faction

>Daybreak cut down the server quality so far they're constantly crashing as soon as a mdoerate sized load shows up

WELL DONE

WHERE'S THE DOC

Higby didn't die for these servers

Shame the ps2 lightning is so fucking garbage.

>concept art had flexible track mounts that could raise the tank up, as well as the cleaner look shared with other concepts that would have made ps2's graphics more appealing
>end product is a rigid plank that gets stuck between rocks whenever it doesn't flip over
just fuck my shit up

>as well as the cleaner look shared with other concepts
they're clean because they don't have any textures you dunderfuck

> that would have made ps2's graphics more appealing
your opinion is wrong

plain white vehicles everywhere (again, they DON'T HAVE FUCKING TEXTURES) is a horrible idea for a team based game and those concept infantry looked as generic sci fi as you can get without putting a halo helmet on it

halo isn't generic you r-tard

>he can't tell enemies from allies just by looking at the silouette

sounds like someone needs to get good
having a blue or red name hovering on someone is a crutch for shitters

>silhouettes for common pool vehicules

heres a picture of a leopard 2. among the first thing you'll notice is it's not plastered in stupid fucking detail textures because it's a real tank made from metal and not dirt.

ps2 textures are dirt.

don't defend ps2 textures.

camo isn't a thing
pic very related
captured or common pool vehicles would still have identification marks of their factions

the old vanguard has even less detail than that though

>captured or common pool vehicles would still have identification marks of their factions
Until they were removed for 'optimization' again?

fuckin T-Nig and fuckin bill fuckin ruining shit i swear

>common pool vehicles would still have identification marks
yeah, in planetside 1

planetside 2 did its best to get rid of every good idea from that game

no it doesn't

can't you see its absolutely covered in stupid pointless imperfections?

that thing is supposed to be freshly minted from pure nanites, not something that went through 2 wars and got repainted to be placed in a museum

>telling this too a bunch of people who swore up and down that a red shoulder decal made it impossible to tell friend from foe.

the cannon looks from the ww2 dick waving contest that was going on between Germany and Russia
it's too fucking big, future tanks are most likely to have smaller calibers with better rounds
hell even rifles went from 7mm to 5mm and they got deadlier by side effect because of the bullet speed

PS1 has more than just different logos with recolors, it has entirely separate paintjobs even for empire-specific vehicles.

why is prowler so ugly

PS1 had a much larger budget than PS2 did.

>he doesn't love the death box

>bringing the lore into things especially regarding nanite construction and where vehicles come from

NO

STOP

Rounds went from 7.62 to 5.56 so that infantry could carry more of it. Unfortunately it meant they had more trouble retaliating to long range attacks because of their bullets were lighter.

If it takes that much larger of a budget to mask off some areas of a vehicle texture and open the color-shift tool in your graphics editor of choice, then I'm in the wrong fucking business.

that was 15 years ago though

look at how XbawXhueg that prowler is with it's HORRENDOUS hitboxes

please respond

also who the fuck is that ross guy

>prowler is the only tank that even remotely resembles its beta colors and even it looks ugly now
>no more hazard stripe and eagle vanguard
>no more PURPLE and TEAL magrider with the spinning barrel

someone should make a modern comparison of that image

you stay near friendly AA. use the awareness implant.

>smallest tank
>highest DPS
>highest speed
>best secondaries
>ability with """"drawbacks""""

this is too easy

>same armor as the magrider

Practice in VR. Fly in 3rd person for better field of view, unless you're fighting.

When you go out into the world, fly higher and stay in your own zones when you're new. Most flyboys are either hovering 50m above infantry podding away while a vibrator merrily buzzes deep in their ass, or they're circling around 100m above looking to prey on the podboys.

No one flies high because there's no cheese to pad their KDR up there.

So, go high and come down on top of them. 50% of the time they'll run away like a little bitch because they don't want to get in a fair fight, and 50% of the time they'll pull some crazy acrobatic maneuver and fuckpummel you. Get your coin ready.

Russia went to 125mm cannons and is considering 130-150mm cannons on their new armata.

Small tank rounds are a disadvantage for armor penetration, you don't want smaller, you want larger.

but user ""armor"" is the NC faction trait

The price we pay for vehicles having to share textures I guess.
At least they don't look like T-Ray's first revision, with period blood red on the TR vehicles.

They do some shit where everything uses a single massive texture so it only has to be loaded into memory once.

Like the way emoticons work on webpages.

So why can't they overlay faction decals on top of that?

I mean, the faction logos are already getting loaded to show up on the map, holographic signs at bases, etc. Just paste it on the tank's hood and sides like they used to be and move the custom decal to the fenders, like the original design.

Only issue there is they've got this retarded system where decals take on the appearance of the texture underneath so if you've got a shiny camo your decals all look really dark and ugly, but who cares about that.

this game would have been better without camouflage in it

never ever

>small tank rounds are a disadvantage for armor penetration
Sub-calibers are a thing tho
I had a good infograph explaining the tank shell evolution but all you need to know is that a smaller round can have a much higher penetration

look into the APCR or the SABOT kinds

thanks.

how do I do that flying backwards thing ?
is default nose gun good enough ?
what are must have certs for ESF ?

I want to go back to CBT/early launch

the artstyle would've been miles better
>if everyone had a composite helm to start with
>no camo
>NS guns just look like average guns as opposed to sleek sci-fi nonsense

>meanwhile americans are putting the final touches on railguns and in the middle of lowering the size of lasers for mobile combat use

USAUSA numba#1 godbless

tank round evolution has gone to penetrating rather than old style which was purely hammering shit with explosive shells

you cant go back

that's what i'm saying
i don't know if it's a post of your but saying that you always want a larger round is proven wrong by history itself

no im just different user
modern tanks are just big hunks of metal that snipe other tanks from miles away with dart like rounds
and they are getting more and more obsolete as drones do their job

Should've deleted your BR100+ characters and quit playing before this happened.

Should've stopped the download for the construction update at 90% and uninstalled.

Can't hold a position with drones m8

ptchoo :---D

Just start a fucking blog already.

nobody can hold positions in modern war

Smaller rounds can have much higher penetration, but the name of the game right now is bigger caliber because that gives more advantage than any materials or design changes in the ammunition.

The soviets used 125mm, but their 125mm round is shorter than western 120mm, it has about 10-20% less penetration as a result.
These shorter rounds were necessary for their autoloaders to function, it was a design sacrifice they didn't know they'd made until much later though.

Now both west and russia are considering larger cannons - the germans wanted to build a 150mm rheinmetal for the leopard, but shelved it a few years ago. Russia's contemplating upsizing their guns, and the new autoloader in the armata can fit longer 125mm rounds, so russia will likely have the armor penetration advantage against the west once they've developed new ammo for it.

user, pls no salt! :3

railguns and lasers aren't going to be used on tanks, they require so much power that only naval warships or large convoys of generators hauled around on tractor trailers can supply it.

better than smug I mean swag posting

I've got 1000 certs, what SMG should i buy for my infiltrator?

>Flying back home from abroad
>Think about sleeping on the plane so you can play some PS2 when you get back
>Can't sleep because a fucking nigger whos sitting next to you keeps talking non stop for hours
>Sounds and acts like the most stereotypical dumb nigger ever, cry laughs at his own jokes etc

Thanks nigger, now I'm too tired to play

I'm TR by the way

>I'm TR by the way

wow rude

Hailstorm

heads up

vanguard here

Nothing but high tech scrap

Hailstorm or Armistice?

>implying the railgun and laser were ever planned to go on mere tanks

Prowler

Armistice

t. knower

is it possible to respec certs?

i hope you called him a jew

Nice meme friend :)

Nope. You have one chance when you reach level 15

where is the recoil?

He uninstalled it at 90%

Hey guys, I am a new player. I played a 2 hour session as a medic, now I feel like I just ran a marathon, is this normal?

What continent

Yup, pretty normal

roothouse distillery might just be the most underrated base in the game

dude literally what base is that

that's some hipster shit

tfw higby is ded

The most underrated base is the one you build yourself.