/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
Youtube: Video not found

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

first for Singularity Deathspheres

second for how do i convince all these nearby nations to let their citizens migrate to my planets

Are clone commandos the best army units in the game? Not like it really matters because I can afford to just stack enough regular assault troops to win planets after bombarding them (fuck civilians). I already have the xeno beast shit but clone commandos just showed up in my research tree (already have xeno cavalry as well)

Also, is there a better way to micromanage armies? I deploy them to a planet and then ocne it's conquered I need to manually split them up into an occupying force and another expeditionary force to take another, and the leaders, etc. all get muddled up, I lose my fleets (and most importantly their unique fleet names), etc.

At the moment I'm just using giant fuckoff stacks of assault troops to take planets and then a load of seperate 'occupation' stacks of like 6 troops (no idea if this is even needed, or if they rebel, etc. if there's no occupying force or if it's not big enough)

Kind of tempted to get that bottom one either way.

Is there a file I can edit to remove gooks and dindus from the portrait list?

>tfw no qt ayy lmao gf

???th for fuck firaxis for this god awful art style.

it looks nice, what's wrong with it?

Okay so i just conquered and purged some humans and ayys,
it says in my demographics 38 but at my research cost says 54? help

>those kanghz on the background
WE

t. EA mobile game division

>No playable Hivemind ethos
>No Biological Matriarchy
>No diplomatic hegemony

>No Biological Weapons
>No Adaptive Mutations
>No way to make ground forces a persistent, ever evolving threat to the enemy

>No Bio-Titans/Colossal War Machines

I just want to be the ultimate insectoid race that evolves on the fly.

A lot of shit in the game takes time to update, wait a month.

Looks like a mobile game.

Hivemind is an AI personality type dependent on the ethos it has, so probably fanatic collectivist + something.

>no hivemind ethos
What the fuck did you think Collectivism was? Space Communism?

Is there a Halo species mod yet? We've got ringworlds, I need my Forerunner species now.

>add some traits to my custom empire via the .txt file
>doesn't show up in the list anymore, like it did in 1.0.0
But why would they remove that? Fucking niggers.

How can i make it so my custom races get used by the AI?

Nothing in the game that can simulate a Flood or Borg type kind of faction.

How is the beautiful battles mod? What mods would you guys recommend besides Increased Research Windows size?

I'm talking insect hivemind, not Borg hivemind. Slavery a shit, absolute unity and protection of the Queen is the best type of government any sentient species can hope to attain.

Daily reminder to yield no ground to ayy scum.

Click the big eagle next to the races on the new game screen.

>you will never build an array and destroy everything

Are coalitions a thing in Stellaris or is my shit bugged?
I just declared war and now I'm at war with two separate alliances that I had been previously fucking up.

>Slavery a shit, absolute unity and protection of the Queen is the best type of government any sentient species can hope to attain.
>mfw everyone's been playing checkers, but the anglos have been playing chess the entire time

>Checking spawn rate for planets
>2% spawn chance for habitable worlds
>Except due to the scriting it's not a 2% chance to spawning a planet, it's 2% chance of spawning a SPECIFIC planet IE tundra, continental, ocean, etc
>7 habitable planet types
>Totals a 17% chance to spawn a habitable planet
>Not even per system, but per planet within the system counting moons

>Roughly 1/6 planets generated are habitable

Jesus

but there is no eagle

I'm just pointing out it's an AI personality already in the game, and you can do the same thing. There's nothing stopping you from making fanatic collectivist bugs.

Two separate wars or twice as many peeps as expected.

>play pacifist
>no more room to expand into
>no hostile neighbours
>already ahead of most in fleet, tech and economy
What do I even do at this point? I feel like I have nothing to do.

daily reminder that gameplay code such as this is often written by an intern while the competent staff are busy on the engine side and never see a single line of this

Well yeah

It's a space opera, you're gonna have crazy numbers of habitable planets

Change the number yourself if you want something approaching realism.

I do wish it was like 25% of what it currently is with 4x as many planets per system, though.

I keep making new files because of either starting right next to a military zealous fallen empire or because I feel like I'm about to make a colossal fuck up.

Fuck

1 war. 2 federations

Asides from pop-growth, is there a point to excess food? It doesn't even seem to be traded to other colonies. Making it a local resource only.

map/setup_scenarios

colonizable_planet_odds

You don't need to leave an occupation force at all.

That doesn't sound wrong at all. If you're unlucky getting a few planets to settle is hard enough as is, it'd be unbearable if it was that low.

Tech and navy up so you can go duel the fallen empires and the late game crisis that pops up.

Tried

Didn't work

>1 guarantees independence of 2
>1 joins a federation
>2 joins a different federation
>Impebin of Maymay declares war on 1's Federation

I'm already at like 70k fleet strength, and all the fallen empires are at the other side of the Galaxy.

Happiness, but that's it.

The more I play Stellaris the more I realize that Orkz from 40k are an absolute anomaly in terms of how a race goes from tribal to space age.

Are you on Steam?

Any good mods out?

muh first xenophobic/militaristic playthrough

inb4whyareyousuingsectorslikethat

It'd be interesting if there was a way to import/export food between colonies, and most planets were habitable but had no (or almost no) food. So you'd be able to settle them on a purely industrial basis, subsidizing their life conditions from elsewhere.

That's allowed? Fuck paracox.

restart.

No

>not the fourth reich

nothing

Did you pirate

What should I do after finishing off teal? Orange is my ally.

It's probably because of his 1366x768 screenlet.

>1366x768
Found your problem

Too bad, pirate.

Can any user compare Stellaris to Distant Worlds? What are the pros and cons of them both? How's stellaris is better than DW?

>Implying the Third Reich lost WWII in this timeline

really? I cant let the ai use custom empires just because of my Resolution?

2200 is still within 1000 years of 1941

Is therhe anything I can do about evangalising zealots without first integrating them and wasting time re-educating them through edicts? Can I not simply just exterminate them through war or something? They're my vassals right now but doing the math they'll never like me enough to willingly integrate, even with full embassy (which only just cancels out the zealot)

I want their territory, I don't give a shit about their population.

Alright, how do I go about fixing tomb worlds? I was told I could un-shit them with this tech I just researched, but I'm not seeing the option anywhere.

>He bought a paradox game on release

There's no such thing as allies, only temporary truces

Purge the unclean

>you will never start out on a forerunner ring as the flood that have broken containment
>you will never infest all nearby planets and slowly consume the galaxy

I'm calling it right now
Civ6 will be ported to mobile in the same year it launches on pc.

So this nigga is what's driving me to keep going. This fucking YUUGE army of light called the "ABYSSAL HOST". Holy shit, like.

But when I finally muster the memepower to kill it it'll probably just give me +5% research speed and a load of left-wing flavour text about how I just HAD to kill that ball of light that was staring at a black hole.

We want the clash of kings demographic.

Purge. Cleanse them with fire

Created by the ancients to fight the c'tan?

Build strong economy that can support spamming 7-10 highest upgraded corvettes per 2 months, have 150+ montly credits, then turtle up and focus on research until either your synthetics revolt or ayylmaos show up. After that deal with fallen empires. After that subjugate and purge everyone. Congratz, you beat the game.

Nah, it gives crystalline plating which is a pretty good component.

Also that is a tiny fucking force number user. Come back when you have 400000 total and are fighting against several fallen ascendancies and extradimensional demons at the same time

>713 power
>yuuuge army of light

hehe :?)

Don't I first need to integrate them to be able to purge? I also don't have xenophobic (went with militarist and then materialist for the meta, not like I need the bonus credits anymore.

it werkz bekuz we wants it to.

There are probably planets we'd call habitable everywhere in the galaxy. The issue is identifying them and then actually getting to them. Space is a much bigger place without ftl travel.

Does anyone know that stellaris song witht the dank organs

zulu impis are op tbqh

they attack twice per turn wtf????

>when your arch nemesis begs you for peace

heh... nothin personell space-bug..

NASA developing Alcubierre drives when?

HELP!
What did I break?

>when you have too many cities to name

>prethoryn invade
>shut down by federation after breaking the bulk of their fleet on two empires before me
>successfully contained in the galactic southeast
>peace returns to the galaxy

>80 years later some chucklefucks research sentient AI and spark a galaxy-wide AI rebellion

This is getting stupidly similar to 40k.
The Unbidden are gonna get wrecked so hard

>strike force tiffany

Anyone got the 1.02 update for a privateer?

Why is this thread moving so slowly all of a sudden?
Is there a duplicate up?

I'm having a recurrent problem.
I sometimes have the -10% energy credits modifier, the one that is supposed to appear when you go over the core sector planets limit, when I'm not over the limit.

See pic related : I'm at 7/7, with two extra planets in sectors, and yet I'm getting this modifier.

Is it a bug ? If not, what's causing this ?

THICK!

plz respond is that really the reason

>research sentient AI
>never build robutts
>just use AI in my ships and scientists
>never see rebellions

never

source: space can't actually bend

Migration access yes or no?
Kinda interested in seeing how it would look,but will the alien pops start independence movements and shit?

What's the fun in playing safe? Lategame's boring enough as it is.