/btbg/ Battleborn General

Previous Thread: >What is this?
A new FPS-MOBA from Gearbox. It's Borderlands without the memes, and has MNC-style PvP game modes.

>Should I buy it?
It's fun. You can grab it for $34 on keysites.

>Official Website
battleborn.com/

>Character and Helix Info
mentalmars.com/battleborn/characters/

>Unlockable Audio Lore
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-XsFNO4RD1x6-WK_Uf6gW5Rs-51Pr-Ho

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgbattleborn

>Discord
discord.gg/0xVj0DIkVdQQkr1I

Other urls found in this thread:

piyotycho-for-adult.tumblr.com/post/144250815214/orendi-for-a-commission
shmutzig.tumblr.com/post/144435692930/battleborn-stuff
thebeardoman.tumblr.com/post/144056288451/orendi-from-battleborn
deadbrainnsfw.tumblr.com/post/130931064504/as-before-the-buyer-decided-to-color-my-lines-i
shadbase.com/chaos-witch-orendi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How to play Isic?
I like him but so confusing.

Mushdude is nice

>it's an insta-lock Marquis/Thorn player
Fucking tired of fighting with and against fucks in every single match.

piyotycho-for-adult.tumblr.com/post/144250815214/orendi-for-a-commission
shmutzig.tumblr.com/post/144435692930/battleborn-stuff
thebeardoman.tumblr.com/post/144056288451/orendi-from-battleborn
deadbrainnsfw.tumblr.com/post/130931064504/as-before-the-buyer-decided-to-color-my-lines-i

To help curb snowballing why not reduce prices for gear and upgrades for the enemy team that is behind?

How do you play Ambra?
Just tried and I couldnt do shit.

A piece of gear or two is not gonna stop a bullshit Ghalt ganktrain from completely and utterly shutting down a chokepoint.

Alright - just bought this for 30 bucks. I figured I would end up playing it anyways, and 30 bucks is alright. Hopefully it won't be ded soon :DD

I'd rather the enemy team get a Shepard bot in their minion waves in Incursion if your team destroys their first sentry rather than your team. If you're fighting towards their 2nd sentry in Incursion now you have TWO Thrall camps, most of the shards, AND Shepards.

I'd rather they get the shepards as a comeback mechanic.

I usually just set up somewhere and waddle around in assault form until forced to move, then block as much damage with q and rightclick as i can until I can set up again

Sort of wish Ambra wasn't a robutt now.

>OM and WF leaning on each other

Ghalt reminds me of the Veteran in SMNC in the pull and their gimmick. However

-the Veteran's ranged game was pathetic as fuck
-his full hard cc required him to burn his mobility
-that hard cc required risk and being up close
-the hook that can guarantee that full grapple cc chain was ahrd to hit.

Ghalt is way to easy to because Scrap trap I don't know what it's range is but 2 SECONDS!! This is along the fact it can be comboed after a successful pull pretty much kills you. The pull can stay but his damage burst after a cc chain needs to be reduced, the stun turned into a root where you can still do actions but your are forced in one place or invoke some risk to Ghalts life in some way, one of the 3.

Is there a way to change an .ini file to crank up the audio / sound / volume of this game? I have to set my sound up to max to for it to be close to what 20% volume would be on any other game.
Is this a common thing? I looked it up online and some other people are talking about the same thing but I haven't found any fixes.

Why the hell did Gearbox decide to lock more than half the roster behind challenges?

to get you used to the basic mechanics of the game before introducing more heroes?

i dunno, it's dumb
i have most unlocked after just playing a bunch of story mode though, only one i care about and haven't unlocked is sweet pheebs

>2007
>omigad this game has so many unlocks, so cool
>stays fresh, keeps you interested and you learn how to play rather than sitting in your comfort zone

>2016
>omigad locked content that I don't have to pay for??
>isn't in the "base" game
>isn't a dlc
>WTF FUCKING LOCKING OUT CONTENT JEW MOTHERFUCKERS

ishygddt

truf

ISIC is so late to the game it's stupid.
That assault form can turn tides. Otherwise, suck up damage and overcharge everything, including your shots- over and over.

But even games like Tekken 3 knew to have the majority of them unlocked at the start.

shadbase.com/chaos-witch-orendi/

After playing 10 hours I had unlocked all the basic characters and then by rank 30 you're unlocking the "hard" to earn characters, by rank, not by doing the challenges.

Also
>winning 5 matches as faction x/y/z
>challenging

Late game guy?

>"here, play a game of chess"
>"where are my knights and rooks?"
>"you earn them by playing, to keep the game fresh rather than sitting in your comfort zone"
>"WTF FUCKING LOCKING OUT CONTENT JEW MOTHERFUCKERS"

Ewww

Almost every game that had unlocks also had cheat codes in case you lost your data and/or didn't want to deal with the unlocking process.

>Thorn
>Oscar Mike
>Marquis
>etc

Those are good chars unlocked from the start. And everyone starts off with "just pawns".

>what is Call of Duty

>Those are good chars unlocked from the start. And everyone starts off with "just pawns".
I don't care about good chars or bad chars I just want options. And pretty sure I'm playing against people who aren't "just pawns" right off the bat.

>I just want options

You already had an option to buy the game or not you spoilt little bitch. If you don't want to have fun and enjoy unlocking things, go play Millennial self-gratifying shooter 8934719749

This is the shittest art, never post it again.

Bruh, even most f2p games don't lock you out of characters. I don't know why you're getting so pissy with the other guy for having a completely legitimate complaint.

Not everyone finds grinding to unlock characters in a competitive game "fun"

You unlock them after a few hours of play and the starter heroes are some of the strongest. Holy shit.

Did you start playing video-games like last year? Unlocking shit has been standard for the last 15 years, and it's a lot better than DLC or pay to unlock heroes.

If you don't actually want to play the game, then why did you buy it?

If you're getting shit on by "unlocked heroes" it's because they're better than you, not because the heroes are.

Oh I don't find grinding fun either - which is why I play the game and look forward to the unlocks which I will eventually unlock because I have this thing called patience.

Would you rather have had 10 battleborns on launch and pay for rest rather than unlocking them? No? Then shut the fuck up

>defending Ghalt is any way, shape or form
Kill yourself my man

Melka is the worst hero.

Most people are so bad at this game that it doesn't matter what hero they use

You're not going to get ghalt "after a few hours" hell it takes 5-7 just to do the campaign once on normal.

It's pretty pathetic that you think the only option other than playing for 30+ hours is having paid DLC to unlock critical content in a game you paid for.

EVEN F2P GAMES aren't this bad. Most f2p games either have everything that effects gameplay unlocked and you pay for cosmetics or there's some option to pay $20-30 and you unlock every character.

Battleborn retails for 60, you have to grind to unlock characters and then you have to grind those characters to unlock their abilities.

That's incredibly fucked up and the fact that you're defending it is disgusting.

>that loss
lol noob kys

>Most f2p games either have everything that effects gameplay unlocked and you pay for cosmetics or there's some option to pay $20-30 and you unlock every character.
Nice job making up a complete fucking lie. Give me more examples than just DotA and SMITE for games that either give you everything or let you get it all for a low price. I'll be waiting.

Also the "WOULD YOU RATHER PAY" argument falls to shit because they are releasing paid DLC characters

the DLC characters will be free you dunce
it's just pay to unlock them instantly

Every moba that's not league has all the characters free or free after paying a set cost.

Seriously man of all the fucking developers to blindly defend every choice they make you pick gearbox? Holy shit

You know you can like something while also admitting it has faults right?

It was against a Taiwanese pre-made, so all of my bullets missed

The boldur disconnected as soon as he saw their ping

I can too post my statless log

>it's just pay to unlock them instantly

wow nice reading comprehension you fucking piece of shit

>they are releasing paid DLC characters
Yet again you make another blalant fucking lie. Who is paying you for this? Is it really worth it for 50 cents a post? God forbid you're being this retarded FOR FREE.
The season pass lets you unlock new characters IMMIDIATLEY instead of doing a challenge like how you unlock things now.

>Every moba that's not league has all the characters free or free after paying a set cost.
???
HotS doesn't have them all free.
I specified ANY free to play games not just mobas. Also, there is only 4 mobas that even matter, DotA, LoL SMITE and HotS.

>Seriously man of all the fucking developers to blindly defend every choice they make you pick gearbox?
I'm not defending it, just calling you out on your complete fucking lies. At least be honest if you're going to shitpost.

No one is blindly defending it, it just didn't bother us.

You probably could've unlocked two of those heroes in the time it's taken you to bitch.

If you don't like a single one of the starter heroes enough to play it for a few hours, then I guess you're just fucked.

The only three heroes you can't unlock in a few hours are Ghalt, Kleese, and Deande, and those are heroes that LEVEL 40s STILL GO 0 AND 17 WHEN USING.

There's a reason they fucking locked them.

Not defending Gearbox, I'm defending player progression in multiplayer video games; because I think it's more fun than just giving retards access to everything and then they just play the same OP shit as everyone else.

You know that if all the heroes were unlocked from the beginning, it'd be an instalock fight for the most OP heroes.

>people bitching cuz the game is forcing you to play the game
Oh lawd save me from this world.

no I'm bitching because this tetris game forces me to play puyopuyo for hours before I can actually play tetris

I'm just memeing, my win stats with Melka are garbage.

First 14 matches I played with her were against premades because my MMR was so inflated from playing Reyna.

Just got lucky the last 10 or so.

>The only three heroes you can't unlock in a few hours are Ghalt, Kleese, and Deande, and those are heroes that LEVEL 40s STILL GO 0 AND 17 WHEN USING.
>There's a reason they fucking locked them.
And yet they still happen, so that reason doesn't hold shit

and here I thought you were saying players matter more than heroes

How is it possible to get lower than a Gold in any normal mission? Shit's easy to get just playing normally.

If you play alone it's pretty hard to get silver, let alone gold

That was just testing her after I first unlocked her, probably skipped a bunch of enemies and creates.

then use matchmaking. Gets you better gear than PvP anyways.

Is there even a point in keep making these threads?
They're 50% people comparing it to Overwatch, 45% complaining about marketing / game design choices and only 5% talking about the actual game.
Please let it die.

gearbox could also just not make blatantly OP characters

Fuck off blizzard shill.

there is more than one person who thinks you're a dipshit, dipshit

>you can unlock ghalt in 12 seconds

um?

How do you get a gold? I just got out of a game as Oscar Mike and got Bronze, it felt pretty shit.

I think gameplay would be better if gear didn't exist.

The only OP thing is this game is having a team who understands teamwork

Which heroes are blatantly OP? Why not just kill them with another blatantly OP character? Do you find Thorn OP? I'd say she's a squishy shit with poor CQC - but when I use her I just sit back until lv7 and then leapfrog around the map, which is pretty OP.

At the end of the day maybe you should learn a character well enough to "be OP".

You're not wrong

>we didn't mind the system
>there's a reason they locked these heroes

vs.

>I don't like it

what exactly is your angle here. do you think complaining on Veeky Forums will magically unlock your heroes? will swaying someone with your eloquent argument make you feel better? you're welcome to hate the game, it's pretty shit in a lot of way, but it's pretty obvious you don't want to have a conversation about it. you just want someone to tell you how smart and right you are to validate how offended you are that this game would have the nerve to make you unlock something. grow up and play the game, or don't.

Ask

This unlocking system is pretty shit though tbqh familia. It's not just the heroes but the 10 levels needed for helix mutations. They should just all be open from the get go.

Unless you're telling me this is some kind of backup plan for when it goes f2p, which I can understand but not get behind.

Eldrids are shit because they're critbait.

That legit makes no fucking sense, gear is completely fine.

I just wish the turrets were a bit stronger and not a total waste of shards.

Gear just adds pointless grinding and RNG outside of the game. It also rewards selfishness, since you're using shards to give yourself a small boost rather than helping your team with turrets or superminions.

I think if they got rid of gear and the small shardfalls, it'd be better. It'd make the big shards more valuable and mean people can't set up turrets and such until they spawn.

Some of the legendaries are pretty stupid, but I don't mind it too much. It's a pretty reasonable system.

Most heroes don't need loot, and building tech is usually way more useful.

All it does is help you cover some weaknesses your hero might have, or improve your playstyle a bit.

I personally use almost nothing but white / 0 activation cost items.

Only higher item I use is a blue regen item for Melka.

I can't see the point to 0 activation items unless you somehow got a REALLY stupid penalty stat like reload speed or healing given.

>It also rewards selfishness, since you're using shards to give yourself a small boost rather than helping your team with turrets or superminions.

>not using the legendary health vest that gives YOUR ENTIRE TEAM bonus health
It dropped from the Sentinel for me

Says a lot that I prefer the grey gear with no shard cost to almost everything except some legendaries. Building turrets and minions is far too important.

what were they thinking designing the UI?

Most people probably don't know that exists let alone have a desire to grind for it

Strongest item in the game coming through.

It's a console port.

The UI is okay. It could smaller, maybe, or cleaner. It's when it's combined with all the visual effects, announcements, popups, and massive mclargehuge viewmodel that it's a problem.

Oops, meant to link to the guy underestimating 0 activation items.

Wish I had one of those. Will play more when I get the chance to.

>It's a console port.

There's plenty of console games with fantastic UI.

Who?

Yourself I guess, you're the one who brought up people fighting for OP characters.

>You know that if all the heroes were unlocked from the beginning, it'd be an instalock fight for the most OP heroes.

Yeah, but not all of them are made by Gearbox.

They always have shitty UIs, but Borderlands series was PC ported to console, so it wasn't as horrible.

Now that they're porting console to PC, it's just trash. I mean, the achievements button doesn't even take you to the Steam achievements pages. C'mon son.

I don't think any of the heroes are OP personally. Others do though.

>what exactly is your angle here
ambra's chin

>still able to cheese the sentinel in Overgrowth
>it's the only incursion map people want to play
>always a Marquis on both teams in a snipe war to see who can take potshots at the sentinel first

Kleese is best support.

they should just delete overgrowth

Someone make a list of which characters are best in which game modes.

Best waifu coming through

If only they could model a head that looked human

>implying benedict isn't the best waifu

How do I get good with her? I haven't tried PvP with her yet, but in the campaign I'm not really sure what to do. Maybe I'm just shit at melee characters

i dont think her kit is very suited for pve personally

the stairs behind the sniping perch should be removed altogether and replaced either with
a) a lift
b) a spiral, enclosed staircase connecting to the perch via a side tunnel

this way those niggers won't be able to snipe without exposing themselves

I hope you were already a furry and you didn't have a shitty bird turn you

She has a pull/stun, invisible AOE, a trillion shield power, a ranged attack and a melee attack you can do whatever you want.

She's good in a group, one of the best "AOE" damage dealers and can stun big guys like bonecrushers and beastmasters.

Gearbox are unable to do anything like that. Just watch, they'll find a way to mess up fishlady's in-game model.