/lite/ - Roguelite general

Last thread: GRAVEYARD SHIFT EDITION

>What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DRLgkNFgm1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for GIVE CONVICT SOME FUCKIGN CIGARETTES ALREADY SO SHE ISNT USELESS

Chicken.

FHÖ'FAASHYN Ä "EIGHT"

>realizing the double entendre of bullet hell's name

clever dog roll

This is going to be easier than I expected.

Ciggies would make her without a doubt the best character.

Just change Enraging photo to give a damage boost on kill rather than on taking damage.

>Pilot's Past unlock is Wingman
>Wingman as in a pilot whose aircraft is positioned behind and outside the leading aircraft in a formation
>Wingman as in a man who helps or supports another man; a friend or close associate
>Wingman as in a literal bird man with wings

Ya'll niggas like Catacomb Kids?

I'll tell you when it gets out of early access so I can finally try it.

Never heard of it, sell it to me fampaitichi.

>it's a catacomb
>but with kids

It sounds like a breakfast cereal.

that sword looks just like the bullet's sword

ok so.. kind of weird question but, since I got a new display (IPS, had TN before) playing nuclear throne feels kind of weird. like movement of the camera makes the picture kind of judder.
anyone ever had smth like this?

I think there could be something to it. There is a sword in pilot's past too.

Is Spelunky discussion allowed here?

It's kind of a roguelite

try using widescreen mode

"Four ancient statues for four dead bullets. ...and now even their statues have been ground to dust. Tell me... at the end. Did you see her? I can see in your eyes that you did. Know this: she is behind much of this."

DLC final boss Kaliber incoming?

Yes

Wasn't that just the name of the ship?

Isn't it the name of his ship? There may also be a sword on the h-mon ship.

Not in the battleship, but look closely at the Hegemony logo

another weird thing is that the device that is under the sword in hunter's past is very similar to the one that summons the horror in marine's past, its bigger but otherwise the same

can you guys recommend enter the gungeon?

That looks more like a recycled assed

Yes, it's good.

user that's just gotten into roguelites here. I've posted a number of times, mainly talking about Isaac and Gungeon. I just had a challenge that I should have finished, but I fought a boss at the stage before Mom's Heart that I've never encountered. I'm trying to get through the Solar System challenge, if you recall someone asking about it.

I got two babies really quick, one of which fired spectral tears, so that was helpful. Picked up the dead cat in a devil room, as well as 2 (!) steamy sales from two different versions of Greed spawning on two floors. Fallen dropped Gimpy, which helped a bit in extending those single heart lives from the cat. BFF was found on the 3rd floor, as well as a ball of bandages. I figured I was definitely set to finish this run, as the babies gave me a weak, but still usable alternative for my flies against the enemies that the flies struggle against.

I enter the penultimate floor, and head over one room. That's when I saw the Bible sitting on a pedestal, along with another book. At this point, I'm absolutely certain that I'll finally get this challenge done... Then I run into the boss of the floor, who proceeds to tear through my 6 remaining lives in a heartbeat.

Needless to say, the salt is very real right now.

What boss?

I don't remember the Womb having a nasty boss pool, but it's been a hot minute since I played Rebirth.

You've got me hooked sem.

toxic weapons fucking suck, I hate them so god damn much,

Bloat. I had no idea what attacks he had. The two bouncing eye stalks kept herding me away from him during the times when I could have really hurt him. Those, combined with the brimstone beams, really hurt my ability to move around him as my flies rotated.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow after work. Just like with Gungeon, I seem to do better and better with each run. With Isaac, though, it seems like my items determine just how easy things get. Gungeon definitely seems more skill based.

Toxic Launcher has application, at least. You can either pop a shot off into a crowd and run like hell so the toxins can do their magic, or as a poor man's sticky launcher for controlled tunneling while you're in a pinch. It's an *okay* sidearm, imo

Toxic Bow is irredeemable trash, though. Don't know what fool would ever use it.

Yeah it seems as if she should have been included.

Everything about the Lich points to him being corrupted, not the cause of the gungeon. The statue at the start is of the Lich

"A shrine to an old Gunslinger. There is an inscription

Kill your past, you've already damned your future"

Gunslingers Ashes, obtained in Hell, shoots out a little Lich ghost thingy for each bullet, and the statue is basically of him, making it likely he's the Gunslinger referenced.

The quote on the statue "you've already damned your future", seems to indicate that changing the past wasn't the end of the Gungeon, and that from the moment you enter you're doomed.

I forget exactly what the Blacksmith said, but it's possible she's talking about High Priest, not the Lich. Anyone have the transcript?

Yeah, Isaac is very badly balanced. Skinner box design just isn't fun when taken to that level.

>mfw you git gud enough to avoid damage from normal enemies but still get hit at least once by bosses
Lich is probably the first Gungeoneer. Hell, he's even on the title screen.

FUUUUUUCK

I do believe that the title screen takes place post Lich fight.

As you can see, the hole he burst out of is visible on the Gungeon.

What I'd want that to mean is that they shot the Lich back to before he was the Lich. That's the Gunslinger looking in. I mean, there has to be some significance to shooting him with the gun that can kill the past.

so you're trying to tell me that this isn't fun? I agree

You'll get your fun.

Not in the 60% of runs when you feel like you're taking on hell with a pea shooter.
Not in the 20% of runs where you become god and literally can't lose.
But in the 20% of runs where the game feels well balanced! That's your fun!

>try playing Enter the Guneon
>game loads a fresh save instead of what I have
>check save backups
>do other shit
>realize that for some reason, every fucking folder on every hard drive has "Read-Only" that cannot be removed

wow i can feel your pain

Oh yup, bloat is really nasty.

The most reliable way to beat him is to stay behind him and hit him in his back. You're gonna get brimstone'd every time if you attack from the sides or under him.

How do you even become that technologically inept?

how many layers of irony are you on to not understand this?

Good catch.

I can take the Throne down but I'm having trouble taking the generators down and living unless I have extremely powerful weapons. The Throne advances quickly and I end up in awkward positions. Anyone have any tips?

I don't have a transcript but she tells what sounds like the story of an old wizard that becomes the lich.

Putting down NT for Gungeon.any tips?

what is that chink saying

Yes, don't play Spelunky and drive. It's dangerous user. Be cool about fire safety.

stop drop and roll when you catch on fire in gungeon.

It doesn't advance until you pussy out and back off.

How close do you have to stay? I move back because most of the weapons don't shoot enough to hit the throne while standing infront of it.

bumpo

He's saying gb2/pol/ you dumb cuck

Not sure if he's actually driving there.
It's good, but it could be better a few months down the line. If you've got yourself occupied with other games, it might be worth holding off.

Definitely, it's a great.

You have been lost in the shifting maze of the Gungeon for what you feel is several weeks and hunger is getting the best of you.
Who do you kill and eat? Fish, Junior II or Chicken?

Fish, because Junior II is probably my fucktoy and Chicken is too pure.

chicken because she's T H I C K

If only I had a Hexagun and Flame Hands.

youtube.com/watch?v=DRLgkNFgm1U

Chicken, because I don't eat fish and I wouldn't eat a dog.

not really.

it's possible to stand to the side in such a way that you're just under his brimstone beam and can still shoot him

not that it matters for Solar System, because you can attack diagonally

That's how I was going about attacking him, but those roaming eyes of his kept making me dodge nearly every time the red or blue fly was nearing attack position. By the time I had the patterns down, I was on my last life. Oh well, I'll try and get it done when I get back home.

Eat my meme cannon you scrublord.

Buy a candle

>filters

>NT update 99 beta
Cool
>Only bugfixes
Not cool

don't believe vlambos lies

>the year is 2089
>nuclear throne thought to be long dead
>one day
>update 100
>Bug Fixes

back when glass cannon was actually useful

>having 0 ammo on all of my guns so i have to kill the threadnaught with my starting piece of shit
I don't like using language like this,but i really thing this is literally impossible to do by a human and not some kind of ai that can perfectly calculate the best path between the sea of bullets that room becomes since the boss spawns tankers faster than you can kill them.

How did that happen? Bad RNG?

>not updating your game
shiggy diggy

the answer is to only use your starting gun and a weapon that is only good for clearing rooms, like beam weapons and the machine pistol

I was saving up for the floor 3 elevator and i ended up,by not buying anything (except 1 key) and not opening any chests or doors with 4 keys and 176 money before the boss room,but it's not like i could've changed anything by opening the floor's chests.

Only using starting gun is a meme unless you're a no update pirate

>using all of your ammo on normal enemies instead of planning ahead and saving some for the boss

Oh I see. How close are you to the Bullet unlock? He makes elevator quests a breeze. If not, Pilot lockpicking it is.

I said both starting gun and room clearing weapons, BSG is good for room clearing but eh for bosses unless its trigger twins, and I wouldn't waste yari or railgun ammo on regular enemies unless I was having a rough time, ammo conservation is important nigga

You nigger use Blessings for Elevator runs.

Is there an exact percentage on caped bullet spawns, I have historian and I haven't seen him in ages

bsg against kill pillars tho

oh right forgot

I wish lil hunter killed me IRL

>Map guy shows up in gungeon
>See every room
>he won't give me a prize for it
That was stupid

was there a market?
you need to go there for him

Nope. Unless I completely overlooked it while looking at the map
I used the Iron Coin on the floor. Maybe it fucks up room 'discovery' in some way.

>BSG
>alpha and omega bullets
>cog of battle
>broccoli
>mfw I 1-shot kike pillars

aged bell doesn't last long enough to steal and get away with it, fuck me I guess

So is there somewhere where you can see the game's version.
Doesn't seem to be.

T I T L E
S C R E E N

tfw not even 1700 kills is enough to stay in the top 10.

Why did ideaot have to play this daily? Making me look like a horrible player

I always quickstart so i wouldn't know but thank you.

I think the first time on a chamber should work all the time? Not sure about repeatedly stealing from the same NPC, though you can successfully steal from different NPCs on the same chamber.

>have decoy
>Bello and blank guy in shop
>drop decoy and steal Chaos Ammo let
>come back a few rooms later to buy a key
>Decoy doesn't despawn, steal key instead
>can't shoot the decoy because in shop

Didn't try using it again outside the room to see if the one inside would disappear, but that's how I found out.

How is this even allowed, 3 months and not a single addition? No weps, characters, or levels? What is Vlambo even doing besides NT?

Probably a new chaotic 30fps locked game prototype.

rami is being a SJW on twatter and JW is crying in a corner

Why the fuck is this allowed? I just got instantly fucked by 2 inspectors and 4 grunts because something spawned on top of the portal.