>2016
>indexes are at an all time high
>interest rates have been on the floor since 2008
>not going all in on SPXS, SDS and SPXU

Honestly, Veeky Forums do you not want to be rich or something?

Post your buy-orders of those securities or your portfolio where they are already purchased or shut the fuck up.

But if "indexes" are at an all time high, doesn't that mean "stocks" are a bad idea right now?

The indexes are so high because of a few blue chip stocks. It is a bit deceiving.

> shorting the sp500
> when it just came out the Swiss national bank bought 6 billion dollars worth of US stocks just in last month

Never bet against the fags printing money.

indexes are about 2x higher than they were before 2008 crash and we're due for a major crash any time between this september and the next 5 years.
It's a good time to short S&P, just be prepared to pay that but fucking interest and or fees for the next 5 years. Aim high, not too high

Not op but I did exactly this. I may have jumped the gun I bought on Aug 8, so I am patiently waiting for a drop.

I thought for sure I was in the money when that turkey nonsense happened but the market didn't budge.

I still think ops idea is sound.

What did you buy?

You chose some of the worst indexes.

Well what would you have bought?

would it be dumb to hold during a recession for cheap price? or do I short as it starts down falling

its dumb to do anything but hold long term

I have september 30 and jan17 puts on SPY, IWM, and QQQ, along with jan17's on DB

Leveraged etf's are really bad ways of getting exposure to medium term events because of the decay factor associated with holding them. This is also why you should never hold volatility derivative etfs like vxx and uxvy.

5 years is way too far out, it's going to happen in the next 6 to 8 months

Everyones been saying that for the last 2 years.

Actually, everyones been saying that since 2010.

>buying puts on QQQ instead of buying shares and also buying puts with the strike price being equal to the price of your shares
or
>not just buying QQQ

shiggy

Signs point to the US heading for a crash, but desu literally everyone in the world is betting on the US since there are no serious investment opportunities anywhere else. You could easily be missing out on America's golden years

>Signs point to the US heading for a crash
[citation fucking missing]

>inb4 all-time highs hurr durr
>markets are at all-time highs all the fucking time

I believe the growth in the US is unsustainable since nobody else in the entire world is growing. Japan, Britain, and the entire EU have been stagnant since 2008, while the US has been full steam ahead. The global economy is intertwined, you can't have someone win for 8 years in a row by himself.

>Asking for citations
>On an event that literally nobody has ever been able to predict
Gee whiz you sure are bright.

september end to oct 1st week.

cap this.

>an event that literally nobody has ever been able to predict
>shemitah?
>golden jubilee?

>nobody else in the entire world is growing
pajeets are doing good.

but, i bet it's just a ruse to get them to an as better a position as possible before all hell breaks lose and ww3 starts. usa needs india to counter china and pakistan
>inb4 get out >>/pol/

I always assume that people who don't capitalize their sentences and type in brief incoherent bursts didn't graduate high school.

>>Asking for citations
>>On an event that literally nobody has ever been able to predict
And yet here you are predicting it. The retardation of Veeky Forums never fails to amuse.

I made a statement of opinion and a personal attack; you were unable to comment on the opinion so you simply played the defensive and defended your honor on the internet against my insult.

Or you were blinded by rage and had to retort. Either way lel

>didn't graduate high school.
>punctuation maketh a man

yes, i bet punctuation is gonna make me the emperor of the planet when ww3 finally ends in about half a decade.

I bet you became a billionaire all because you know when to capitalize your I's and construct formal sentences.

>high school maketh a man
wait, you are serious, let me laugh harder.

If you had actually graduated high school you wouldn't have felt the need to respond. Just like if you call me a sand nigger, I wouldn't care because I am not from the Middle East.

Hahaha, you're actually right:

>you wouldn't have felt the need to respond
yet you found it necessary to point out the fact that i had forgotten, or perhaps, never learned, to capitalize my I's.

>If you had actually graduated high school
yes, exactly my point, dear non-sand-nigger Sir.

that seems like a recipes for disaster.
you cant really time this sort of thing.

we could be waiting for an efficient , rational market for 100 years .

work the commodities etfs, oil is hella low.
corn is getting there.

you have other options.

hell,

just schedule wide blue chip buy and hold tranches buys as the market roller coasters.
its a win win as long as you don't get spooked.

tech stocks should be good for this .

>comment on the opinion
Comment on your opinion that the market is going to crash because of your gut feeling? Fuck off kid, I've got better things to do than hold your hand and tell you everything's gonna be all right. "Muh feels" is not an investing strategy.

You're literally the textbook example of why the average (below average, in your case) investor can't beat a simple index.

Everyone's high on cheap money, like the last time. When rates rise, you're gonna see some serious shit

Woof!

:3

Low interest rates are very bad. All that cheap money is pumped into the stock market. Can't wait for another fall.

>Everyone's high on cheap money, like the last time. When rates rise, you're gonna see some serious shit
QE ended in 2014 and the Fed has already raised rates once. No serious shit happened.

Why do you idiots keep spouting these memes?

Yeah, from 0,25% tå 0,5%. That's still fucking cheap money and you're retarded. I was talking about a proper rate hike, not a fucking quarter of a percent.

Oh, ok. So now you're gonna move the goalposts and change the definitions? Just because I proved you wrong? Don't be a bitter loser.

>buy high
>sell low