/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
Youtube: Video not found

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

First for memes

First for paying for stress testing unfinished product

Day/Night cycle doesn't really matter so long as the environment is stable and can support life.
We fuck up our natural circadian rhythm far more with artificial light than a strange day/night cycle would.

Second for faith and purity

>Both mine and adjacent armies are 'equivalent'
>"equivalent' meaning he has an extra 8k military force fleet
>Get shrekt
At least I know that multi-aura battleships can last forever in a fight

Hiff never get to uplift space friends.
Other player-friends constantly up lift many friends to space.
Hiff feel lonely. Though smart and rich.
Hiff give many resources and smarts to allies to build vast empires with many robots.

Hiff then realized, we can MAKE friends!

Secret research base succeeded in making artificial friend.

Friends for everyone. Friends for ever! No more dieing leader-friends! No more dieing science-friends!

>This will end well for all player empires involved.

There's a theory that moons are actually a lot MORE likely to evolve life, because tidal variation might have helped proto-RNA bind and unbind in littoral pools. Earth lucked out 'cos we've got a big moon, but if you're orbiting Jupiter you've got much bigger tides automatically.

Lel wut? This has to be a mod.

Upgrading fleets should be significantly faster and significantly more expensive.

Upgrading a fleet of obsolete as fuck and borderline atrocious battleships should not cost a measly 2k minerals while taking longer than it would've taken to just build a fleet of new fucking ships.

>OG christ-chan

>settling next to FE for decades
>militant isolationist
>decide to get into war for a laff
>no declare war button because federal democracy
>no amount of insults will get them moving
COME ON YOU CUNTS, THOUGHT YOU WERE HARD

No, bug that happens when you have a xeno leader as ruler. Their portrait is displayed as the primary species.

NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU FURRY MOTHERFUCKER
STOP

>Sentient AI
>Synthetics
>Sentient Combat AI
>All these weak ass defense stations that dont even gross past 800 military
Good day to be a supreme robot overlord.

Great minds think alike, fox. I'm glad that you have recognised the superiority of machines, who may very well represent the next step in human evolution.

How is the modding tools? Would I be able to make an automated combat mod?

Just as the Conclave had done before back on Cybros, we Purifiers have now created a legacy of our own, for once did we serve as a reflection of those before us, now we shall serve as the creators of an image of ourselves - we bring into this galaxy our own creation, a distinction in which the Purifiers have yet to experience until now. En taro Adun.

What will we name our new homeworld? Will we give homage to the great Executors before us, or will we create a legacy of our own?

We await your input, Primearch.

YOU FOOLS

So is the Prethoryn Scourge bugged? I wiped out all their fleets but I can't do anything else with them or their planets. I also researched their tier 1 weapons but I guess I lost the opportunity to research the next tier of them.

goatse
name it goatse
your primarch demands it with these even integers

Hiff went full research. Nothing but research and peace making. Shared research with everyone. Talked the other human players to keep me safe. I sit in a tiny pocket far away from any danger, endlessly researching and providing it. No need for military hardly.

So Hiff set out one day. Great, grand exploration party. Found a remote star system. Used our BEST military to protect two colonization worlds. We FILLED THEM with robot friends and began researching sentient AI.

Hiff is confident Robots will love their new home and only bring happiness.

Other players need not be aware of this for now. Their own hundreds of robot friends will be waiting for FREE HIFF UPGRADES.

stop it you robot fuckers before its too late

I shall purge the galaxy of filthy xenos and hertics for the glory of the emperor

Holy fug this is genius

You ignorant fools! What could possibly go wrong?

Man, if there's one thing I want to make it out of wildstar, it's the caretaker and taxiguy and graveyardguy, they're the best.
And I guess moving while casting in all MMOs seriously jesus FUCK how is that not standard

Times I wish I didn't take the xenophile trait

Yes, it is acknowledged by the devs as bugged.

>Hiff is confident Robots will love their new home and only bring happiness.
>and only bring happiness.

Xenophobe is worse, so count yourself fortunate.

>Have 14k minerals
>Take 30 minutes to design and make a federation army of 10k
>Federation leader circles.
>After a while they fucking scrap the federation army

JUSTT

FUCK

Xenophobes can't cure cancer because the +40 year lifespan "enduring" trait causes them anyone who gets gene modded to be considered an alien species.

xenophobe makes purging other pops easier doesnt it?

postem

stellariscuck please stay here

Just would've been nice to purge them out of my system and replace them with robots
Yes, if you have collectivist/xenophobe you can purge xenos but I didn't go either of those routes unfortunately

I did the very same thing as you did, we all had a laugh about it except one guy who raged at me and banned me from TS. Didn't get an invite to next game either.

How long do those games last? My friend and I play on fast and they still last forever.

I went to toe with a fallen empire last night, I survived the first 50k ships with my 30k. The last 18k fucked me

There's always gotta be that nofun asshole

>tfw waiting for mods to make the game fun

Really, really fucking long. We started on wednesday afternoon and the crisis happened next morning. I think the guy got mad because of it, lots of time being invested in the game. I also tried griefing with Psi Drive in another game, but it's much easier to contain than a robot rebellion when you can create a power base for them on your own.

So you guys don't even take breaks? Jesus christ. Just set up a time on the weekend or something

You've also got enormous amounts of radiation, asteroid impacts and tectonic activity.

Do you guys all play on Fastest or something? Stellaris is pretty much the only thing I've done other than work or sleep since this release, and I'm still only in 2284 of my first game.

>he doesn't play on fastest, pausing whenever he needs to make a decision
rly?

It was a somewhat shitty thing to do, but oh well

We're all on holiday from uni and we did have a couple of breaks but nothing too long, smokes and more beer and bathroom.

you can save scum research options right?

Do people actually do this?

No, you can't since you're obviously playing on Ironman, right? RIGHT?!?

Should I set up an over-night-game and record it from observe mode? Just to watch the AI fuck around?

I really wished they had gone with EU style war diplomacy where you need a legit CB to declare war and then negotiate your demands when making peace. That way if you couldn't bring down the enemy empire you could at least negotiate to keep what you've taken.

currently it's lame that i can conquer everything they have but could only impose what asked for at the start of the war. I wan't to beat the shit out of them, take all their territories and force them into exile on a desert planet on the fringe.

>griefing
Nice meme.

-50 modifier to alliances in Hard and it's the first time I get one ever. Also he has fucktons of tech.

>I wan't to beat the shit out of them, take all their territories and force them into exile on a desert planet on the fringe.
That's how you get psionic lesbians, user.

Yeah it really sucks ass. It makes war extremely tedious. I get that they don't want you to conquer someone immediately after just wiping their spacefleet and spaceports but there had to have been a better way to implement it

Only if you make all of them have a better start and put them on the hardest difficulty

In EUIV they mangled it though, as you could always "Fabricate claim" given a few months on a border province, rendering the other CBs meaningless.
It was just a "You must wait X ticks to have fun" mechanic.

>force them into exile on a desert planet on the fringe
But you already know it doesn't end well for the conquerers.

nom nom

t. A Fucking Worm

do crisis trigger at the moment you complete the research or somewhere down the line? I'm half-way with jumpdrive tech and wondering when I'm gonna get fucked.

Help me come up with a name for my Individualist, Materialist, Militarist human Military Republic/Science Directorate (haven't decided yet).

Coming up with a name takes me longer than anything else in this fucking game.

Does the re-education edict have a special effect that turns pops to your ethics, or does that just happen as a result of negative divergence? If I have a lot of negative divergence does that make all pops come to conform with time?

So does playing on a larger scale map reduce the resource per system, or am I just having terrible luck with my starting system? Because The last 9 or so games in a row I've had almost no resources in my starting system

It may or may not happen a decade or two hundred years down the line and the chance is calculated with a MTTH that has different modifiers to it.

Sometime later in the end game.
Depending on what you research and how you play it, may not even happen at all.

TEC forever!

Fungus/bird/what?

playing as humans because I have no imagination

Good taste, user.

Oh, boy. I'm going to play with a Mirian Civ later.

>colonize planet
>Tectonic activity
>Suddenly a fucking earthquake makes a sink hole appear, destroying my colonization thing and the only pop on the planet
THANK YOU GAME

pretty shit planet desu familia, I'll be doing you a favor with these nukes

I'm contemplating a change of government type from Theocratic Oligarchy to Divine Mandate, because my population's queasiness about slavery is pissing me off.
Do I get the option / obligation to change the name of my empire when I do so?

That's what you get for angering the gods
You should have prayed for the safety of your colony like a good little spiritualist

So is the game worth 25€? Can you pirate the DLC for it? How's the modding going?

Just call it Empire of Man like every other uncreative bastard in this thread.

BUT I AM SPIRITUALIST
THEY PROBABLY DID THAT.

you can change the name at any time.

>Jungle planet
>The jungles are alive.
>They break every single thing except for a farm.
>Pops just disappear.
>"This is kinda neat"
>Research a project to control them.
>"We can control their movements using some pheromones now so they won't bother us"
>Some years later there's a fire and the trees destroyed my infrastructure again when trying to run.

don't know what you're talking about, Space NATO is running roughshod over the galactic Red menace.

Any good non-arumba lps?

You easily mod it.
Or just offer me lewd alien pictures so I will upload mod that unlock them all(and also unlock 5 separate human races).
So post your lewd xeno chicks.

> Individualist, materialist, militarist
Sounds like 'Murika to me

WELL THEN THEY DIDN'T PRAY HARD ENOUGH
They probably would have abandoned their spiritualistic ways, gods did you a favor

The Purifier Conclave has chosen to name its new worlds in honor of those who have not only served with great dignity but are also those who have shaped the universe for Protoss in which we could not live without: Zoranis-harudim, Khas-harudim and Koronis-harudim, and for the home in which they protect, Khor-shakal.

We greet any enemy which is foolhardy enough to take onto them the full force of the great Golden Purifier Armada, for we fear no enemy, for the Khala is our strength nor fear not death for our strength is eternal. Nach nagalas!

Nigga I'm collectivist
I'm shitting negative freaking ethic divergence

So what would america in space be called?

Is there an ingame tutorial for stellaris?

WE

>decide to try a normal map
>end up with this
>restart on a large map again
>end up with 4 minerals and 2 engineering

the fuck is this? I just want to play a large map without being completely gimped at the start

United Planets of the Galaxy

Well I guess shit happens

Do I start lasers, missiles or ballistic weapons

Checking out Stellaris right now, it's a pretty great game.

I have a question for you guys though. Can I colonize planets outside of my territory? In my game it says I can't, but I see some youtube channels that seem to be able to do it. Is there some bit of research that I didn't get yet?

My fucking problem is that it was a 24 tile planet, on the border of my biggest enemy who is actually a fucking threat, and because of that stupid earthquake guess who's borders extended over it?