/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

Time to plan your cosplay edition
Old How to get autosummon covenants to work: steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119111456394/

>/dsg/ Player List
pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
>/dsg/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral
>Draw
doodleordie.com/r/darksouls
imgur.com/a/XhBxC (DeS)
collageanon.imgur.com/
flockmod.com/dsg

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/h1etMh8E

>Essential PC mods
pastebin.com/XwL5KDhB
youtube.com/watch?v=cvII-WJWo5s

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/18844
youtube.com/watch?v=IMWTyxrBgRU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for gwyndolin girlcock

incompetent devs

What is the best weapon infusion for a faith/int build?

Karla

Hollow slaying GS is pretty fucking great fampais

It's probably some kind of initiative intending to make newbies feel welcome and see lots of activity that has, predictably, backfired.

raw

for some stupid reason, instead of balancing out elemental infusions, so that they're okay without a buff, but good if you have the stats to buff them

they decided to only let physical infusions be buffable

Reminder that we are being screwed over by dlc practices. ds3 is way smaller, and less interconnected, meaning there is little freedom in which route you take on repeated playthroughs or based on the type of build you're using.

Chaos/Dark, but you need 40/40 though

Raw weapons with buffs is also an option.

THIS IS NOT A DOG

Post your emoji list

>Family share acc is only a day old
>Already have to wait ages for summons

>du bist gestorben
ausserordentlich

Fucking kek, as if that reach around the back grab wasn't bad enough.

You're right, it's a Pontiff Hound.

>unironically being German

DE BIST GESTORBEN

>Dark Sword
The guilty pay the price

QUALITY cosplay friend

So i'm very later game and trying to find Mound Makers.
The first covenant I joined was Rosaria's Fingers so I turned Sirris Hostile to me early on. Also killed tree boss early on.

I don't care about being a purple phantom, I just want the faction rewards, am I fucked til NG+?

is there a bigger bro than Greirat in souls?

Agreed. I never liked dlc, and especially not this type of dlc that forces players to buy it if they want to get the better equips and rings. dark souls is literally pay to win now.

what is the best weapon to raw?

i hear that the astora straight sword is a popular choice

Are spears good in pvp?

a) go to NG+
b) use collector's edition
c) beg in the thread for the rewards, which probably will come from collector's edition

That's Oscar after he went hollow and killed Solaire for his gear and then waited it out for a few years when everything went to shit then stopped being hollow after Ludleth linked the fire and hung out in Irithyll duelling red phantoms, remember?

yes

Starting 3 with a Strength build, any particular weapons I need to keep an eye out for?

What's the best non-humanoid boss in Souls?

Hard mode: No Bloodborne

Yeah, it's really good too

Maybe the Flamberge? It's a pain in the ass to get though

"I just want to get to the interesting part of the game" -ENB

>Skips half of Smouldering lake
>Skips half of Profaned capital
>Skips the Kings' garden
>Skips everything even remotely hidden on the way to twin princes

>Complains that the game is too short

"Y'all need to chill. I'll go back when I'm ready. I'm playing blind. It's not like I know what's in every area. Damn" -ENB

If you're still here, thank you very much and sorry for the late response. It looks adorable!

Mound Makers have shrine in the hole where you kill greatwood. It's right in front of the bonfire.

yes, but spears are completely outclassed/replaced by glaives in their role as a zoning/antiparry weapon

how do we fix this?

we use a spear that is ALSO a glaive

HON HON HON HON

Congratulations. You are now part of the cosmos

I personally quite enjoyed the Profaned Greatsword on my first run where I went Str, but there may be better/more fun options that I haven't tried.

>trying to coop after Sillyman
>summoned for a fucking fight club
>grape dancing around, indulge him because why not
>host jumps in as we're fighting, backstabs the grape
>jump back, watch them fight
>host gets his ass fucking destroyed, uses all 11 chugs, grape only uses 2
>clap for the grape when he kills the host, drop 5 embers for him
fuckin shitters

I'm not a PvPfag so I don't know how it performs there but I fucking adore the Dragonslayer Swordspear. Keeping my Faith character in NG so I can get more out of it come DLC time.

i can get wolf ring and dark moon ring in my second playthrough right?

>>trying to coop after Sillyman
braindead niggerposter

Use a password you mongoloid

>Standard damage
>Slash damage
>Strike damage
>Pierce damage
Why the fuck does "standard damage" even exist? What the fuck is it even?

>if crystal soulmass hits someone on close range it deals full damage but orbs won't disappear

great machete or greataxe early on

BKGA, yhorms or FUGS later
manserpent hatchet, or butcher knife if you want something faster
executioner gs is pretty bad but does do strike damage

It's solid in pvp as well. A really good blend of different movesets coupled with anti-chug WA.

He asked if he missed his chance to join, not where to turn in shackles.

I think so if he killed Sirris. That was his second chance.

It's a working fix, which means everyone does it now, which means that your acc is all the way down in the line after a few hours

Apparently so.

>Figure spears are shit because I never see them used and when they are, they get shat on
>Decide to use Logic Knight Spear anyways because it looks cool
>Somehow manage to go on a winning spree at the FC yesterday
>Get called out for being tryhard shit
>Host splerges out in the thread and stops summoning me

So what shitty weapon should I use next

Posing the question again.
Any ideas on how to fix having no sound in background when tabbed out?

Honestly invasions are the best its ever been.

I love the chaos and the 'tables may have flipped' when someone summon/invades into your fight.

>nearly every weapon is a quality weapon

That's what infusions are for.

Which game had the Best menu music?

Play the game windowed?

you can alt+enter for windowed mode

That doesn't help, it only means that Refined is the best infusion.

hazards

wew lads

Why does that bother you so much? They just needed a type of physical damage for all the weapons that didn't fit in the other three categories

I've heard munblings that Fume's got nerfed, still worth grabbing?

That sounds so retarded I need a citation.

There is no way to tell how items scale with certain rings or stats at the moment with no working calculator.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Moonlight Greatsword? The Softcap for Weapon scaling seems to be 40, even for Int (not spells).
I was planning on making a level 80ish, 40 Strength, 40 Int build and ONLY using The Moonlight Greatsword with the Magic Clutch Ring.

Think you could make it top tier like that? I want to use 'My Guiding Moonlight'. And Cosplay Lugwig "Pre" monstification.

Have you given the dreamchasers ashes to the old hag?
That might reset Sirris to non hostile if not.
Otherwise you're probably gonna have to do new game +

>you must use the best possible infusions at all times
Says nowhere in the game.

I don't see why quality WOULDN'T be the best build for physical damage. The level investment is much greater than for pure strength or pure dex builds

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/18844

Yo I'm telling you guys this build is pretty fucking legit

take whatever armor & vit you want
use either warcry'd battle axe/brigand axe, a mace or a dark sword
refined +10

DS3 or DeS I reckon.

>giant halberd
>can be parried by a small fist covering
B R A V O

except that most weapons that deal "standard damage" should deal slashing damage

Man, even with the family share, the summon time takes a while for blues.

Useful as fuck. Thanks.

Would still prefer a fullscreen solution at some point.

STOP. BULLYING......

Not him bit that's the thing, all physical damage should technically fit under one of those three categories. Straight swords don't do just standard damage.

It's fucking terrible now. Just go with Burger King Greataxe

Well then how about all of you fuck the hell off from my darkmoons so I can have fun?

It's true, when my family share acc was brand new yesterday I couldn't even browse the net because summons came all the damn time. Now the acc is a day old and I get nothing. Everyone uses this fix now.

He wasn't two handing it, after all. :^)

Scythe.

still good, but the nerf was pretty hard
block weapon art dunks pve

30/30+ with 3 pyro rings and +10 flame?

Ready for some Dragon Jousting

not at all

i was farting around with fume earlier this morning on a 60(sixty) strength build and the damage was literally worse than most non-ultra greatswords

compared to DAS3 release on jpn ps4, the FUGS is missing about 30-40% of its original intended damage values. it used to hit as hard, if not harder, than the black knight greataxe if you want an example of it

i'm honestly a lil mad they ruined it that hard, it's pretty much just a gigantic overweight turd now

>From tries to kill twinking invaders
>lets hosts summon their high SL buttbuddies through password
>sitting here at SL20 invading hosts that have phantoms fast rolling around in full havels wielding BKGAs and DGAs

noice

Once I make it to Dargon's peak, the Joust will return

no, black knight great sword/yhorms do much better damage and have better move sets

don't worry they're being scaled down : ))))

39/39, swamp+witch+fireclutch+sage.

Slashing is usually associed with the bleeding effect, for balance purposes (armors usually have greater resistances to slashing than to regular damage)

>fix
what fix?

youtube.com/watch?v=IMWTyxrBgRU

Is my favorite.

OP

>fast rolling around in full havels wielding BKGAs and DGAs dealing whopping 80 damage per hit and having less HP than enemies in the area

Forgot to add, that's crit damage from the parry.

I will fucking do it.

Is Corvian Scythe the best one?

Why the fuck is only being able to level up at the firekeeper still a thing in these games?

In Demon's Souls it kinda made sense and it's the first game in the series so I can at least understand it
In Dark Souls they got rid of it because it's more convenient for the player and this is objectively an improvement, especially with the game being open world
In Dark Souls 2 they brought it back for no reason even though all it does is that instead of leveling at a bonfire, you now have to sit through two loading screens whenever you want to level
And now it's the same shit in Dark Souls 3 even though the game is more linear than Demon's Souls and there's no reason for it whatsoever, it's just more goddamn loading

I guess to make the firekeepers seem more important?
But I really don't give a shit about that, they're sacrificing the quality of the game for the tiniest amount of immersion

I'm a console pleb. Wat do?