/ink/ - Splatoon General

Current Maps Rotation:splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension:chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension:addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing
- Booru:booru.splatoon.ink

>News
- New Amiibo have been announced for the Squid Sisters, as well as recolored versions of the previous Amiibo lineup, coming in July!
- You can watch the Squid Sisters recent live performance, featuring their first solo tracks 'Heartbeat Bomb Rush' and 'Seaweed Nights', here:youtube.com/watch?v=jOtjUG5PXlE[Open]

> FAQ
-pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
-pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr :
-splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki:
-splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats:
-splatoon.nintendo.net/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rKctMxh_gN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Removing the thread warning
You fucked up.

>No thread warning
>No Splatfest results
>Shit image
>[Open]
Never make a thread ever again.

At least the fags that made them early did them properly.

How do you fuck up a thread like this?
>Mariefags

Make a new one or wait for babt to nuke this one?

Everyone knows it's babt spamming except for babt samefagging so it's not vital I guess

cute!

also cute!

They sure are. Or were, rather.

Anyone know how to do range and fire rate hacks? Like in this video youtube.com/watch?v=rKctMxh_gN0

they still are
please go away

Kill yourself unironically

Has anyone ever seen something like this?

What's wrong?

As i thought things look very different on the Japs side
But i didnt think theyd be this different
>still getting rekt by Dynamo

What? No Tidal Wave Dynamos?

>Lose...

Every person hacking is time taken away from Splatoon 2 dev.

Maybe they'll implement a hack mode.

maybe they'll actually implement anti-cheating features the second time around.

Goddamn I want to pin Callie down and tickle her feet. Her giggle must cure so much cancer.

>tfw Spla2n ends up being just Splatoon without hacking/savescumming because of all the development time being used up.

It doesn't take that much effort to put countermeasures in.

I just want a serious singleplayer campaign, the mechanics have so much potential.

i assume it's not possible to change the inkling/octo model with a different one? i'm aware it'd be horribly broken, but still

Almost certainly not. This isn't Team Fortress. Sadly.

Why does this game make me so angry?

I think I may be just an angry person.

You'd need advanced coding skills to do that.

The current "octoling hack" is actually just changing a variable that's already programmed into the game. The player character model has 3 variants - inkling boy, inkling girl, and octoling.

Octo Valley just uses these for the octoling enemies, which technically mean that you could make the single player campaign Agent 3 Inkling Girl vs. the army of evil black yebbies.

It's seeing your opponents happy little face after they've murdered you. That's all.

What exactly is going on in this picture

Part of an image set.

At least I have enough sense not to break my gamepad. So far...

I wonder how many broken game pads Splatoon has resulted in. It seems like a common fanart theme. Maybe that was nintendo's plan all along, make rage inducing games and charge dolla dolla for controller fixes.

WHY DOESN'T THE STUPID FUCKING REPLY BOX SAVE AUTOMATICALLY? I JSUT WROTE A BIG GAME-RELATED POST AND FUCKING LOST IT BECAUSE YOU APPARENTLY CAN'T CLICK AND DRAG IN AN IMAGE WHEN THE CAPTCHA IS OPEN

FUCK

F

always ctrl+c long posts just incase

4/20/1999

Not yet 18.

is pencil-sketch user kill

Okay, so I hacked my gear, and now I can try 3mains9subs of every ability. I've never tried some of the abilities stacked this much before, and some of them just blew my mind.

Ink Recovery was buffed to insanity. It takes 1.5 seconds to refill the entire tank, so you can throw a Suction Bomb once per second. It's like having a constant Bomb Rush. I used to think of Ink Recovery as a non-essential luxury, but I think I was wrong. Gotta try it with Seekers, that could be fun.

Bomb Range is good too. Bombs become long-range, and you have equal reach to a Splatterscope. With Suction Bombs, I was doing stuff like zoning E-Liters from perch to perch on Moray, throwing bombs over the big walls on Ancho-V, Throwing bombs into the enemy's base from mid on Walleye, and neutralizing the zone from spawn on Kelp Dome. Long range bomb rushes are great too.

I hope nintendo permabans you.

I haven't done turf mode in forever and just went to test some gear. It's the funniest shit when you don't care about winning. I had a Carbon Roller and got into a duel with a sniper down a corridor. It's great.

that sounds horrifying. Ima try it

Not him but it's not like cheating in-game, it's just gear without dealing with Spyke rerolls. You could get to at least 75% of that kind of overkill with ease

___________________________________________________________________________no_____________________________________________________

>with ease
with ease and not hacking gear, I mean

>I could've played the game properly and legally, but I didn't, but I could've, so it doesn't matter

I have no problem with hackers, but that is the most retarded reasoning I've ever heard.

i'm getting mixed signals. guess i'll just wait
was a post that long really necessary

The reasoning is "I didn't want to spend hours rolling dice"
If you don't like it, too bad

I know them personally. They're not kill, but they're currently convinced /ink/ can never go back to being the way it was. They really loved all the drawanons here, they're trying to get in contact with them, and have reached some of them. I hope they give us another chance once this drama has settled down.

Sure, but there's a qualitative difference between hacking in something that's possible within the bounds of the rule set and something that's impossible like a gun that covers half the map in one shot.

Is there any particular reason why the Dynamo Roller is considered objectively better than the Krak-On Roller? I do agree that it does fling ink across a very wide and long area and it does do a ton of damage, but it's also slow as fuck. Like, incredibly slow. Should I stack Run Speed Ups or what?

Dynamo's deny area, Splat Rollers are better for general combat.

>Splat Rollers are better for general combat.
Why's that?

Are both days of the Splatoon event from a couple of weeks ago viewable to watch again somewhere? I can only find the concert and not the battles, dancing etc from both days.

Hack a Dynamo to have Carbon's swing speed.
Hack A Carbon to have Dynamo's coverage.

Swings faster, kills faster, can actually move while Rolling. It's a true melee weapon.

why are people still playing this game? lol xD

I dunno lol

So basically replicate Agent 1's Roller

>properly and legally

> Thinking this actually matters

Some people just can't be helped.

Don't respond to obvious bait

Respond

The lewdest squid

>ninja
LOL!

>cute voiced JP streamer grill

Who honestly cares how badly they lost twice when they look this good

>ninjas
>looking good
LOL!!

That neck doesn't seem right.

>too bad
Not too bad, I can get around a flawed system with no effort.

Your game knowledge seems kinda limited.

Firstly, the difference between a Dynamo's range and a Splat Roller's range is huge. The Splat Roller has trouble with pushing forward and claiming painted territory because of its shorter range. Dynamo is one of, if not the very best at zoning and territory control.

Nothing inks turf like a Dynamo. It reaches a little further than the Jet Squelcher (the shooter with the highest range), and has wide, consistent coverage.

Run Speed has no effect on a Roller's rolling speed. If you want more mobility, use Swim Speed instead.

The slow flick is something that you get used to. You can jump and flick mid-jump for better mobility, also lets you advance and retreat while flicking if you want to bully short-range weapons.

The Krak-On is a subpar weapon, though. New players gravitate to it because it's easy to use and has Kraken as a get-out-of-jail-free card, but it's honestly fallen behind in the current meta.

It has problems with range, bad mobility, and faces hard competition from the Neo Sploosh-o-matic, Octobrush, and Permanent Inkbrush. The regular Splat Roller is regarded by some as a better weapon too. Suction Bombs are THAT good.

In comparison, the Dynamo is peerless. It'll always be relevant because nothing else does what it does, and it does it really fucking well.

Marie makes things look good

Rollers went from being OP when everybody thought the sole goal of the game was turf coverage to mediocre when everyone realised kills matter and the SplatOn Roller couldn't measure up to backpedalling shooters To Rollers being OP again now everyone figured out the Dynamo.

>Nothing inks turf like a Dynamo
Try any long ranged shooter, which can actually snag kills at that range

They never really stopped being good, people just learned how to use them.
And this was before the Kraken nerfs.

>when everybody thought the sole goal of the game was turf coverage
Nobody ever thought this.

In turf war? yes.
Ranked wasn't in the game at launch, it came with a patch.

No shit, I was there too. But literally everyone ever knew killing the enemies meant you automatically had advantage over the Turf.

I wouldn't say Rollers are OP. They HAVE kinda fallen behind, you're right. Dynamo is Dynamo, and the Carbon stays relevant because of its insane kill speed and ambush potential.

The Octobrushes are almost as powerful as those two, but suffer from chronic unpopularity. If you take away the subs and specials, Octobrush base weapon is probably a little better than the Splat Roller. I think some people just get dissuaded because Octo needs abilities more.

Long-range shooters have bad ink efficiency, only ink straight lines thoroughly, and have patchy coverage. Dynamo inks huge patches in one of two flicks.

Rollers will always be superior to Brushes, especially now that they have more diversity in the form of the Corocoro.

Wall and Inkzooka don't seem all that great for the roller.

And yet those long range shooters will beat the shit of a Dynamo any day of the week

I think Walls will prove a terrific Sub for the Splat Roller; especially in limiting the abilities of enemy melee weapons.
Not to mention setting up a wall, and then firing your Inkzooka through it, is a dreamlike combo.

>Your game knowledge seems kinda limited.
Nigga, I only just started playing the game a few days ago and I've been using the Dynamo mostly for the past day or so. Fuck off.

That guy is kind of an unintentional thread personality for giving extensive and yet misguided advice. It's usually obvious they have zero experience with using the things they're talking about.

You're missing the point. Dynamo is good because it's the best weapon for inking turf and zoning. Long-range shooters pale in comparison. It's not enough to just outrange everything. A team of chargers can easily lose because they can't ink turf well.

I'm sorry user, I didn't mean to insult. Just making an observation.

Misguided? Zero experience? That's kinda harsh, user. Elaborate please?

They finally revealed the secrets of the Japanese e-liters

>this nigger still isn't console banned
literally why

that butt
on
my face

The people that make these hacks as a hobby tend to have several consoles to work with.

Are you that "shadowmancancer" person?
Still stalking, I see.

He's shown off that he owns several consoles on his Twitter and seemingly has the ability to unban himself using a few lines of code.

classic nintendo, letting people unban themselves and continue shitting up online matches

Link to it?

If there's one thing the last few days have proven, ban evasion is easy.

unfortunately. that would explain how nwplayer managed to shit out spoiler videos even after their console ban and their twitter drama.
the best part is there won't be a firmware update to patch the exploit, and they won't fix their shitty ban methods either. great.