/wtc/ - Witcher and Cyberpunk General - (/krw/, /cpg/)

Best Vampire Edition

Blood and Wine expansion will be released on the 31st May!
Teaser trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=7sVoDJ_DITs

Hearts of Stone and patch 1.12 is released!
HoS developer stream: twitch
.tv/gogcom/v/21846005
Trailer here:youtube.com/watch?v=ffdxS9R6NTE
Patchnotes: wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.12-ENG.pdf

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/

Links:
>Pastebin containing Witcher gear locations, TW1+2 and books
pastebin.com/qhpfPiqJ
>Console Commands
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
youtube.com/watch?v=YrrzVp2HIMk&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

Previous thread:

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.
I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little Triss post up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Veeky Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "cute" Triss and Geralt hugging, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums posting about a videogame character. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Trissfag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "TRISS IS DIVINE TRISS IS BLISS." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.
Forever...

Oooooh, no ugly sorceress OP...

My Geralt loves Triss' kind heart and gentle soul!

Regisfags claim yet another victory.

>tfw get Tower of the Swallow this Thursday

My Geralt will never let Triss leave on that ship. He couldn't stand living without her, he loves her too much!

>tfw Ciri Swallows your Tower

does she swallow?

Friendly reminder that pic related is coming out tomorrow.

Also
>Tower of Swallows
>Not Swallow, like in original
What the fuck. It makes no sense. There was only one Zirael and one Lara.

Triss is my Geralt's princess!

> La Valette a shit

This is the British edition. Also, why does America get it two days before me?

Reminder,

>Each to their own taste but, in actual fact, not many would describe sorceresses as good-looking. Indeed, all of them came from social circles where the only fate for daughters would be marriage. Who would have thought of condemning their daughter to years of tedious studies and the tortures of somatic mutations if she could be given away in marriage and advantageously allied? Who wished to have a sorceress in their family? Despite the respect enjoyed by magicians, a sorceress's family did not benefit from her in the least because by the time the girl had completed her education, nothing tied her to her family anymore— only brotherhood counted, to the exclusion of all else. So only daughters with no chance of finding a husband become sorceresses.

>Unlike priestesses and druidesses, who only unwillingly took ugly or crippled girls, sorcerers took anyone who showed evidence of a predisposition. If the child passed the first years of training, magic entered into the equation—straightening and evening out legs, repairing bones which had badly knitted, patching harelips, removing scars, birthmarks and pox scars. The young sorceress would become attractive because the prestige of her profession demanded it. The result was pseudo-pretty women with the angry and cold eyes of ugly girls. Girls who couldn't forget their ugliness had been covered by the mask of magic only for the prestige of their profession. No, Geralt couldn't understand Chireadan.

still has family love i hope

>Hey guys remember when Geralt fought at the La Valette castle which was after he fought Saskia in the Last wish and killed a Kayran and a Draug

What you guys think the cover for Lady of the Lake will be?

When you go to the edge of KM, before automatically turning, Geralt sometimes says he could use Triss' teleport right now. That's so cute, he hates teleports, except when Triss is the one teleporting.

Yeah, so it just states that the ones unfit for marriage became sorceresses. It could just as well imply girls who didn't have any noble/knight in sight for marry them because of whatever reason, because being ugly or mentally damaged certainly was NOT a problem in noble circles in that case. The rich parents still were willing to pay gargantuan sum for their daughter's education and the girls from noble families who attended Aretuza clearly were favored because of their status, so where's that "evidence"? Where does it mention ALL of them being ugly or mentally damaged? Or even a single one, except for Yen, for that matter?

>sorcerers took anyone who showed evidence of a predisposition
This would rathe imply the girls from poor families, like Yen and Nimue, who were minority in Aretuza.

Also
>The Last Wish
He described Witchers as being fucking new profession in The Last Wish, not the old and dying one. He was merely shaping his concept of the universe at that point.

i'm sad because i know at the end of this cutscene she tries to hug him from behind and geralt pushes her off and leaves :(

You know, I hate how movies n' shit paint that situations. If you were ugly, powerless, defenseless, marginalized, bullied, etc and then make your way to the top, you don't magically became a good person. No, you become worse than most, even more shallow, bitter, unattached and power-hungry than those who had it all from the start.
At least imo.

Jesus christ why do all english editions have such awful covers

I'd buy the books in a a heartbeat if the only choice wasn't between le vidya game render and an out of place cosplayer on the cover

>What you guys think the cover for Lady of the Lake will be?
We actually already know.

>their last night together before she sets out on her own Path
>they'll never see each other again in this life
>Geralt just never liked long farewells

hot steamy sorceress anus...

>Where does it mention ALL of them being ugly or mentally damaged? Or even a single one, except for Yen, for that matter?

Only Yen gets specifically mentioned as it's a big part of her character and Geralt is lusting after her. We also find out what is wrong with mozaik.

>He described Witchers as being fucking new profession in The Last Wish,

Yeah from the short story that was written in 1986 which was not like the Last Wish which was written at a later date and after he had a plan.

As someone stated in one of previous threads: marketing factor. The game art covers just shout "epic fantasy!", artsy ones are just boring for your average American.

Lighthouses

>Only Yen gets specifically mentioned as it's a big part of her character and Geralt is lusting after her
Yeah, so just as I said - it remains your head fanfiction.

>mozaik
Non canon.

>Yeah from the short story that was written in 1986
Well it's still in The Last Wish, isn't it?

Yes, childhood trauma fucks you up.

Well this one kind of works though it's still shit. Yen did use a flame spell at Stygga when she fought side by side with Geralt.

>out of place cosplayer
This is an art, not a cosplayer, they first appeared in the Spanish edition, and I actually find them amazing.

>mozaik
>Non canon.

Get your headcanon out of here.

I have provided source and citations so fuck off.

>autismo de fuego

nice

See

Why is there two covers for Lady of the Lake?

We're going to Toussaint!

Season of Storms is a shitty cash grab, trash and basically Sapkowski's SW prequel trilogy that no respectful fan treats seriously.

I've already proven that your "citiations" prove nothing of your little theory, so fuck off with your headcanon fanfiction.

Just use logic, man.
If you had a daughter, why would you give her away?
If you were noble/rich you could use to extend your family's power trough marriage. Fuck you can even pay for someone to marry them.
If you were a filthy peasant you can always use more hands in the country and then sell her as a baby-making machine to some 50 years old toothless idiot.

Nah, you'd only send the damaged goods, the burdens. The sorceress don't care how you look cause they are a dying ''race'', they only care if you have talent or not. If you have, good for you, if not, I don't know, go clean the toilets or something.

i must admit spic book covers are the best so far.

>the Unicron has an arrow in it

Uhhhhh

these versions are the best

My Geralt loves his happy ending with Triss, they both deserved it.

Old Polish ones also were decent tbqh.

Stay autistic. You are literally denying the word from god aka the creator of the witcher universe. You better not think the games are canon to the books. We don't get to pick and choose what's canon. You do realize this, right?

They look fucking ridiculous

Dandelion looks like a dude they just pulled out of a pub and gave him a lute and a ruff

Yen looks like a crackwhore, ciri looks like my neighbours daughter, regis is a hobo they put in front of a table

The two with geralt and milva look just barely passable, the rest looks too common to be put on a fantasy novel cover

> There are the versions I have.
Feels good

>no English versions of these

Now these look great

>Nah, you'd only send the damaged goods, the burdens
This can clearly only mean the ugly physical appearance, not mental issues, obviously, because all of the known sorceresses were highly intelligent. And as I said - if that was the case of appearance, Aretuza would have 0 attendance, because being ugly was NOT a thing in noble marriages - only coin. So there are only two possible explanations:
a) Noble/rich parents who didn't have enough money/a noble they would find suitable for their daughter, but just enough amount of coin to pay for their daughter's education in Aretuza
b) Attending to Aretuza was actually considered prestigious as fuck, so while parents wouldn't DIRECTLY benefit from their kid being a sorceress, they could just brag about it and show off among the other nobles (our daughter is so smart, she graduated in Aretuza, do you know how much did it cost us?) Harvard-style.

Finally: Sapkowski's writing is inconsistent. Just get over it.

>You are literally denying the word from god aka the creator of the witcher universe
Yeah, in case of Season of Storms everybody find shit and nobody treats seriously, and which doesn't even prove your point in any way because it just mentions Mozaik's face having mozaik on it which didn't even make her ugly per se (while again no mention about any other sort of that shit about Koral or that sorceress Geralt fucks at the end of book).

>Vilgefortz looks like your random WoW battle mage

>Dune goes high fantasy

Triss is adorable!

>All these jealous Yenfags

Sorry but Yen is ugly and will always be the only ugly sorceress. She looks like a crone.

>Finally: Sapkowski's writing is inconsistent. Just get over it.
It's ok, man, I already know and will never say otherwise.
>not mental issues,
Again, I agree. I'm not the one who said that.
> a)
I assumed most students where there under some kind of ''scholarship''.
> b)
Possible, but unlikely, unless you have something like 6 daughters so you can afford to waste one.

I think you should look at it in a similar fashion to joining the church in part of the middle ages.

>yen got bullied so she tried to kill herself

Is there anyone more pathetic than Yen?

Yen is ok, I generally like her, and my Geralt still cares for her in a friendly way. She is a great ex wife.

Don't worry they will write Yen out once the books get rewritten!!!

I hate this place. My visit is over and I won't be returning. Waifufags are the scum of the earth.

Are there any mods for Witcher 3 that adds negative side effects to potions like they had in Witcher 2? I can find lots of mods that extend the duration of potions to be like the witcher 2 and even mods that only allows drinking of potions outside of combat, but I find alchemy in Witcher 3 so boring without the negative side effects.

My Geralt enjoys Triss' soft lips!

>Blood and Wine comes out
>"Uncle Dandelion, when is Geralt coming back ?"
>"Geralt... is sick, so he went on a trip to help him get better."
>"We are not going with him?"
>"No... he needs to be alone."
>"I wonder if we see him again..."
>"Geralt... had a hard life... he needs some time to rest." *hides his face*
;_;

>>Dune goes high fantasy
Fug, this was actually referring to

Triss is kind and caring and sweet and loving and cute and cuddly and smart and strong and beautiful and charming and charismatic.

4K user, TW2 @ ubersampling pl0x?

Just checking out the different covers out of curiosity.

Czech ones look pretty neat.

pretty gay desu

My Geralt loves writing romantic letters to Triss!

Also, reminder that the first map of the Continent was actually created by the Czech for the Czech book edition, because Sapkowski never planned on making one. All the next maps ever made were based on that one.

>Geralt is a hunter
What did they mean by this?

So cute, they used the last chance before the final battle to express how much they love each other.

english translators confirmed complete fucking retards.
i'll read the german versions.
>swallows
did he even comprehend the fucking story?

>starring the witcher
please tell me this is shoop

>School of the Dragon
>School of Raven (?)
>School of Unicorn
>School of Bat
>School of the Swallow (?)
I wonder what would be fighting styles and special abilities of these

>Dragons master Igni
>Unicorns acquire giant dogns via mutations

I'm ok with all that.
I know I'll sound like a Yenfag yada yada, but I really like her backstory.
But hey, I have a fetish for broken people so...