/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/id/Broxxigar

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
Youtube: Video not found

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

>aliens are just humans with animal heads
>all civilizations start with the same tech at the same time
>pacifists will launch riots and rebellions
>diplomacy is useless
>no trading
>no immigration and emigration
>no civil wars
>no map modes
>no ledger view to look at statistics or relations
>no history view to look at your past rulers
>no planet statistics such as surface gravity, orbital period, rotation period, temperature
>can't center your view on a unit's location on the galaxy map mode
>no notifications of any kind in sectors (i.e. 90% of your empire)
>colony ships don't show what pop it has on it
>can't bookmark planets or units
>can't destroy or nuke planets
>can't transfer food between planets
>can't demand ending vassalization, releasing nations, ending alliances when you win a war
>faraway enclaves don't have higher ethic divergence
>can't culturally absorb planets
>cheating AI spawns units out of nowhere
>can't destroy AI stations to starve them
>huge stuttering and frame rate drop late game

Nice demo

Check the pastebin.

I wanted to add

>huge AI empires doesn't turn into Fallen Empires after several centuries

but I'm not sure if it's true

I'm doing some modding stuff, and I want to try and add a tech that increases the range of weaponry types

Is there a way to quickly find global multipliers (there already is one for damage and fire rate), are they inbuilt or can I find them somewhere to create a new one if the one I want is missing ?

Any mods which make lasers more like beams from Freespace, maybe add the Shivans?

>pacifists will launch riots and rebellions
Ever heard of Ghandi?

If my civilization can't purge because lel not collectivists, the only way to get rid of undeveloped civs is bombing their shit, right?

First time playing a 4X game.
Please rate my Jelly people.

Is it really that hard to just watch a bunch of aliens and not fuck up continually?

Wishing there was some kind of "professional observation post" I could build, cost twice as much with twice as much maintenance but with 95% less fuckups.

Change your gov to a despotic hegemony. I think they're allowed to purge.

the player does during the boring midgame and endgame without disastors.

IT'S PURGING TIME

It would be good if empire ethos can change over time based on pops

no humans no

>going to japan in a couple hours
>i wont be able to play stellaris for 3 fucking weeks

kill me bros

>warp
Prepare for suffering

>implying you wouldn't do the same thing if your job was to watch a bunch of idiots run around and stab each other with sticks

Buy some doujins

Buy some fuckdolls

Just be a blonde haired white woman, japs will murder the fuck put of you

>warp
it's shit
>lasers
>not blasting ayyliums with missiles

Does stellaris actually add anything to the 4x genre?

I don't want to, I'm a Military Dictatorship.
Also, if I do the same gambit every time I meet a shitty iron age civ, which is send army, retreat army, bomb from orbit till they're all dead, will I get problems with the Observer type Fallen Empire? Or glassing doesn't really count as "purge"?

>He isn't playing in Spiral (4 arms)

nah

I-It said warp was good for new players.

Missiles are okay early game but become shit fast.

at least some patches will be out by then. r-right?

>Wormhole
>Hyperlane
>Warp
In that order.

You fucked up son. It's the slowest.

>tfw always stuck with like 4/6 5/6 with the precursor civ quest because faggot AI cockblocks my expansion and surveys the systems before me
Can you actually find anomalies in systems surveyed by another civ?

no

or yes maybe, just dont share starcharts i think.

Well, I only just surveyed my home system, and it's getting late anyways.
I'll start afresh tomorrow and worm some holes.

Literally only reason wormhole is considered 'advanced' is because you are dependent on a (easily destroyable that ai mostly ignores) building to use FTL instead of built-in engine.

What's the point of carrier fighters when their range is as short as my dick?
Would it be possible to maybe mod their range to go from 8 to, say, 80? Or would this just increase the weapon range of the fighters themselves?

What do you get from the precursor quest anyway?

It's not true because fallen empire tech like building ringworlds is impossible so unless the AI conquers a ringworld they can't become a fallen empire

Also you can't abandon planets so even if you conquered the entire galaxy you'd just rule the galaxy with no way of retreating back to a core system

>not enslaving them

Does anyone have any idea how the civ spawn points work in Stellaris?

It seems like every save, no matter how many or how few civs I put in the game, I always spawn sandwiched right between two other guys, and when I do any advanced AI starts they always start right next to me

Currently there is none.

Remember, with parajews you lose

>5400 minerals in my sector
>AI won't spend them
>no way to get them back

Why the fuck can't I enforce a 100% tax if they're not spending them?

Random tech tree I find refreshing. Not sure if other games have done this before though.

I wouldn't know, since y'know I'm always stuck on 5/6

Can anyone explain the victory conditions to me?

Domination says owning 40% of habitable planets. I have 45% right now, but I don't see any way to "claim" victory.

There's a mod on the steam workshop that increases fighter range, and yes it makes them fly out further from the carrier ship.

I've also added a debuff to the battleship auras that reduces enemy evasion by 90%, so my lategame fleet is just 10 carrier battleships.

FUCK YES.

I managed to figure out how to mod in a new set of only white portraits without changing the base human ones, although the hair fucked up somewhere along the way. Now to fix that shit and add in niggers and chinks as separate races and I'll be able to remove subhumans from the galaxy at my leisure.

Are you saying you have a big dick or a small dick?

It`s somewhat similar to MoO

maybe if they add more rare technologies that will influence you more towards a certain line of research or something

even though it's "random" right now, you still get the same shit anyways

Sword of the Stars did that, which is something the Stellaris devs said was an inspiration for the game.

Yes. I have found anomalies in the original system of an Empire.

I guess it's bugged, buy the DLC :^)

It`s sucks. Had to finish 3 other researches until I got the labs

To be honest sword of the stars did the random tech tree better. You still had access to important core technogies like power and construction while also having random variations.

I do like rare techs and shit, but not being able to research certain things can be really crippling.

>Also you can't abandon planets

If your ethics allow, you can purge all pops from a planet and it will be abandoned. I've only done this with conquered xeno planets as a xenophobic militarist, so not sure if it works with planets you colonised yourself.

SPESS

Honestly tho, random tech is baller, events are extremely well done in early game, and fallen empires make it so blobbing early game doesn't snowball as hard as most 4x games. Exploration in early game stellaris is 10/10, early midgame expansion is 8/10, midgame falls off to a 4/10 grind, and endgame massive wars only slightly redeem it to 6/10. If the jews at paradox gave it another 6 months of dev time it would be a perfect fucking game, but they'd rather dribble out DLC and make ez bucks off of retards who don't pirate new paradox games

I just think it's bullshit that there's no way to have a predominant phenotype for your race. Even Star Trek wasn't 80% nigganese people.

My current scientists are
>Nigger with chink name
>Sandnigger with chink name
>white girl with chink name

Do bots count as pop for research slowdown?
Can i erase pops any other way than starving them?

I don't want birdface or furry shitters as my slaves, thank you.
This game needs catgirls.

Will pre-sentient species evolve on their own eventually?

In a couple million years maybe.

purge if you have xenophobic/collectivist

>roll two purple techs for the first time
>they're both resettlement based
I don't think I should be able to draw the synthetic ones, I'm a spiritualist empire

>tolerating mutants, xenos or heretics

Spiritualist/Materialist just increase or reduce the chance for Psy/AI techs, they don't lock you out completely.

I could upload my shitty mod if you wanted.

Also, I wonder if I could make it so the leaders and rulers are male only. Seems like what I'm thinking should work but I dunno.

>You have found another anomaly giving you +2% in something useless if you spend time researching it
>You can`t expand your colonies further because the random tech-tree hasn`t given you the tech to remove wildlife yet, tough luck pal
>You know that ebin quest you spend the last few hours on? Guess where we placed the last location? Right, just inside the borders of that overpowered fallen empire
Early game a shit

Yeah but there's also a bunch of techs that absolutely require certain ethics to be drawn, and it's usually stuff like that one where there's an alternative form for other ethos

>robot pop is the second engineering research i got

Shit nigger, we quarians now.

Ancients wanted me to destroy a colony because it triggered them
I said no. Better dead than ancient'd
:^)

no one is forcing you to play

What is it that causes an enemy empire to just bend over and give up whatever you demanded? Is it 100% warscore?

Full anime conversion mod when?

>invade bronze age cunts
>they immediately start an independence faction
>enslave them all

I GAVE YOU A CHANCE AND YOU SQUANDERED IT, NOW YOU WORK FOR FREE

kill_pop all in console :)

Do sectors pay the upkeep for defense stations?

>cant designate home base for ships
>no "go to home base"/"nearest station" button to save on upkeep

>He isn`t in constant warfare

Yeah I hate that shit too
Fuck searching for planets to sation the ships

Any advice on frontier outposts?
So far i'm placing them on border bottlenecks, or systems with shitloads of resources/planets.
I'm trying to keep the influence cummin' tho.

pretty much doing it right. sector them whenever you can,.

That`s pretty much the way to go with them

Uhh...there's the "Return" button...

Endless Space 2 when?

Should I be running a weapon for shields and one for armor? Or is armor so shit I shouldn't bother?

>playing a Pacifist/Xenophile
>allow free migration
>develop multi cultural societies
>aliens do nothing but complain and strike
>they take job positions from my own race and then proceed to perform worse
>they migrate to my planet voluntarily and then start independence factions

What's next, they start demanding Sharia law? This whole thing is "/pol/ was right: the game." Next time I'll just be a meming fuck and purge the shit out of everyone that isn't the same race as me.

Well, /pol/ is always right, so there's that.

>bitching about frontier collectives
ITS LIKE YOU DONT EVEN WANT COMMISSARS user

MUGANI?

At least the Swede-cucks were smart enough to give us an actual depiction of how much of a fucking waste forced multiculturalism is

>tfw "Social Welfare" always puts your economy in the tank

>observing
>not bringing them up to speed and then gifting them research, star charts and resources

When getting tech with ethos does it count researcher ethos or empire ethos

You could simply recruit xeno spiritualist/collectivist for ethos locked tech?

Welcome to the Commonwealth of Man.

>create new empire
>always roll with human/mammalian name lists unless I'm playing flying tentacle monster because the gibberish names from other lists make management huge-ass pain

>Dumb-shit starter mission
>Objective is in a part of the galaxy I don't even have the tech to access
>Alternatively
>Objective is inside the borders of a fallen empire

Nice meme, paradox

I don't know what you people are complaining about, every time I get foreign pops they're either good enough for random work, or fill a niche that I didn't have filled yet. They never complain or start factions, everyone is perfectly happy.

Is there a way to modify the population research cost modifier?