/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!

>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>TES:O?
Find or create an /tesog/ thread.

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Yv952Y4J
loverslab.com/files/file/2909-pretty-witch/
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75611/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tell me about your current adventures, /tesg/.

Shut up about doodles.

fucking elf scum

POST SKIES

reposting

Does anyone know what exact technique the guy from amidianborn used to create his highres textures for vanilla armos?
And while we at it, same goes for the rustic clothing guy, how do they do it?

I dunno if you're still around dude but I can help you make a mage fuckboy if you still need advice.

Skill? There's no single "trick," they're texture artists that have honed their craft like anything else.

how do i make a rawr waifu

This is relevant to my interests. I would like to take up properly retexturing Morrowind as a hobby.

there is still a technique behind this.
I know you can double the resolution in photoshop and then kill noise, but that only creates a massive file that looks barely any better

I remember seeing scene kids traveling in packs in my city, Weird times.

I wonder what they became once that retarded hairstyle got old.

>tfw no doodle

So what am I doing wrong, exactly?

Normal girls but with black eyeliner.

post an example image you'd like redone

The dudes too?

Yeah, step on is definitely upscaling the original so you have a layout to work with. Lots of texture overlays are used for detail, but much of it is hand painted so its nice and clear.

You could write an entire book on all the process that goes behind making a quality texture

Would you like it if shields were considered weapons instead of armor? If only so you could dual-shield

i kinda wanna learn it myself

this here as example is from the TERA armor pack. As you can see the closer you get the more pixelated it gets, and its very noticeable ingame when the texture is wrapped around a mesh

Looks like you got super unlucky
With dunmer having natural sanctuary and you dying easily in just a few hits with armor on, you either have a combat overhaul messing with it or you slid the difficulty up, which isn't usually a good idea in tes games

I'd like a shield that you throw at enemies like a boomerang

But I don't think that would be possible in Skyrim.

Are you basically fucked if you can't hand paint using a tablet? That is, if your only tools are mouse and keyboard.

>Replying to a post made ten hours ago.

Gee Bill! How come your mom lets you wield 2 shields?
Captain Skyrim?

Well, the thing is, I don't want him to look like shit.

Brutal

OH SHIT

I suppose you could grab already made images, cut parts of them and paste them onto your texture, and then work on the whole thing.

no, I only find myself using a tablet for turbofine detail

A longplay is basically a recorded playthrough of a video game, usually to completion and without commentary or shortcuts and with time constraints being limited solely by your bandwidth. Apparently people still watch those as well as no commentary gameplay videos, and quite honestly I think I'd do better at those since my annoying voice wouldn't drive people away.

I was doing a Let's Play of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and quite honestly now that I've decided to once again give up on Let's Plays I'd like to seriously try Longplays and Gameplay videos this time, including a Longplay of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and, if I ever can record it, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Since I only share my content on Veeky Forums I figure those might be a bit better to share since Let's Plays are generally disliked by your average user and every other complaint I've gotten over the past two or three years of attempting to make videos is about my voice.

And yes, I'm one of the horsefuckers who posts in this thread. I don't see why that matters. I'm not posting small technicolor equines here so it shouldn't be a problem unless some posters want to be bigots for whatever reason.

SAVAGE

I'd like to see her turbofine details.

>Are you basically fucked if you can't hand paint using a tablet? That is, if your only tools are mouse and keyboard.
Lots of Artist made high detailed digital paintings before Digital Drawing Tablets were mainstream or invented during the 90s. Its possible to do it with a simple mouse and keyboard, but why the hell would anyone do that when tablets are pretty cheap nowadays and easy enough to learn

I knoooow but like, this is just sort of my thing I guess. Might as well give it a shot.

even if you have to make a texture completely from scratch

Oh Grand Magister Eiries. How does one turn a low resolution texture from a clothing mod into a high resolution one. There must be some kind of guide.
Pls tell me there is one

Elanor found a skeleton and made it go kaboom.

Oh gosh, welp, I'm just gonna commit sudoku or whatever, there's no coming back from that. So long /tesg/

Could someone please tell me what's making my dragon spawns so fucky?

Plugins pastebin.com/Yv952Y4J

Open texture in Photoshop
Resize to at least 4096x4096
Choose "Sharpen more" at least 5 times.
Enjoy high res texture you'd be proud to share on Nexus.

If it's not a problem, don't address it

Depends on the texture. For laying down base color layers and whatnot I like to use the path tool so my boundaries are pixel-perfect without the need of fine strokes.

see
all me

if you're serious about texturing I recommend looking up millenia's video tuts, they're a great place to start.

Kabooming things is fun innit.

Ye

>come back from solstheim
>everything seems boring
fuck

Hey you!
Yeah, you!
Are you looking for a witch outfit that is naughty but not overly lewd?
Dat's gud mang, dat's real guuuuuuyud.
I have one for you here: loverslab.com/files/file/2909-pretty-witch/

And don't come back faggot

Has your waifu/husbando been to prison, tesg?

>TFW many doodles

>getting caught
>ever

>being edgy evil guy
lel

>not overly lewd
that's not a good thing

Why do we not like this person?

FUCK

The Sandstorm I couldn't think of any good TES wog names just escaped prison and shanked a guard for the fun of it. Truly, this level 6 monster is not to be trifled with.

You have severe autism. Severe.

When are the guards going to, uh, make their rounds?

lmao what's your problem? That fag just got rekt and if he's tryna get some sympathy by pretending to leave I don't want him coming back.

Yeah I find the horse fucker thing weird but it's not relevant so I guess haven't a problem with it. I just used it as a description because I couldn't remember the user name (your username then).

Interesting. I'd never heard of long plays before and never liked let's plays myself. Less autism or random shit about current events or hobbies and more lore when relevant and silence the rest of the time from someone who's played the game/series of games before sounds like how I imagined let's plays should be but never were. Do that if you're going to make videos then, I guess.

Damn. More severe than I thought.

>Literally the only person in this thread defending him.

Samefag harder faggot

shortly

The guards were not the real problem here...

>Samefag

He made a post, it was replied to, then he replied to that post, and didn't pretend to be anyone else. Samefagging is when you make the same or a similar post twice to try and make it seem like there are more people on your side when there aren't.

No need to thank me, user. Just spoonfeeding you Japanese cooking forum lingo.

What are the best lewd mods thank you in advance

Well, I do semi-regularly check on certain high-level individuals held in the prison block of my ship.

Nah nah dude. I'm saying he's the original fag who got btfo pretending to be someone else and insult me. And since he's shut up since then I guess I was right.

Sorry. I misinterpreted then.

Not the guards? Then who?
HOLY FUCK MOAR

Nah that was me. You made a goddamn collage out of one of the pettiest things I've ever seen. Literally kys.

>tfw one quality doodle

All I need.

I really shouldn't be contributing again, but I just want to say that I don't do samefagging. I just figured that since a lot of people told me my character was shit, it was pretty obvious the board didn't really consider me that important to the community. And I personally think there are few things more sad than a reject that hopelessly tries to fit in to a community that doesn't want them. This last insult was just so well put together that I figured now was as good a time as any to bow out and return to being a regular faceless user. And so I will.

meara, noo!

is there a mod that will allow me to sniff panties?

That's Ylfa, Meara is too busy being an alcoholic to get raped in jail

Meara is the general name that senpai goes by quite often, so it could be directed at them directly, and not at the character.

>hot file

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75611/?

>this
>is
>a
>hot
>file

so basically just release a random follower and its a hot file
boy this system is flawed

At least that face looks somewhat human-like which is a huge achievement on the Nexus.-

Don't worry, it's all in the past. She is fine now.

Oh sorry.

Riela noooo!

dude that "Glory Days - Music of Skyrim" soundpack has a few pretty spooky ones...

looks better than cum tears and maxeen

My, did someone cry tears of blood all over her face?

What is a knight? Can a pure magic-user be a knight too?

I'll be honest here, bandit babes getting prison raped is my fetish

is there more of this incident on your imgur/tumblr?

I don't think I ever played the original Dungeons and Dragons. My uncle bought me the board game when I was a kid but I never had anyone to play with so I didn't. Didn't have great internet so I've never played any MMO game AFAIR either. No runescape or WoW. The only vaguely RPG like game I ever played was Oblivion and I loved it. But enough of my blogposting. To answer your question, I have no fucking clue what a Knight Class is because I can't remember, or know if in TES games they got it wrong. But I think it had a magic school or two in it. Maybe a warrior that used illusion magic for silencing mages or something.

A knight not as in class but a position could be anything I guess. Whatever allows you to complete relevant quests like KOTN.

Soup's on, baby.

I'm not into what you're doing at all, but you seem like a chill dude to me. Ignore the haters, they hate just to hate. Fuck em'.

There's one on LL that let's you put them on your head... Closest thing I'm aware of.

I know. It's a gut reaction she has (as do I) since she's rather fond of Ylfa. I imagine Galena's the one that has the problem talking about it, not Ylfa. Like, she gets all flustered and angry and Ylfa has to playfully tease her about stuff or do or say something silly to distract her or calm her down. If it were an anime or cartoon she'd be all chibi or have the stupid face animation going and Ylfa would have to headlock her and give her a Dutch Rub or hold her up by the head while she flails or something.

Since Ylfa face-tanks everything, I also imagine that Galena can't help but trace some of the scars while applying the healing salves and whatnot after a fight and looking a little sad when Ylfa can't see.

Oh boy, this is some next-level obsession. user, you should seek help.

Knights are aimilar to a Paladin. Its a military rank, and in the fantasy setting someone who can be basically be something of everything. They are known to use crossbows too.
Warriors are the ones who often look down upon magic, and Sorcerers are the ones who never use anything else but Magic.

Should I use the Argonian swamp knight from 3DNPC as my follower/retainer? She seems nice and dedicated enough, but her voice is very...argonian.

>This last insult was just so well put together that I figured now was as good a time as any to bow out and return to being a regular faceless user
Anon literally everyone gets called shit at least once here. Some people get called shit on a daily basis but they don't let the shitposters win. The guy probably doesn't even have anything against you or your character and just wanted to stir some shit up because, frankly, the opportunity was golden for a comeback like that

Don't take Veeky Forums drama this seriously