XCOM General - /xcg/

Still Best Grill Edition

Previous Mission: News:
1)
Julian Gollop is working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM. Lobstermen are confirmed.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

2)
Long War Studios are working on more mods for XCOM2. The first in a planned series of five is live on Workshop + Nexus now, and is called Long War Toolbox.
>xcom.com/news/en-long-war-studios-creating-more-xcom-2-mods
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674832831
Also cosmetic mod author Capnbubs - maker of the most endorsed mod on the workshop - has been signed onto the LWS team to model stuff.

3)
More information including new armours, new aliens and new missions revealed about Alien Hunters DLC. Details about the Viper King have been released.
>xcom.com/news/en-dangerous-ruler-aliens-await-in-xcom-2s-alien-hunters-dlc
>xcom.com/news/en-into-the-nest-xcom-2s-viper-king-exposed

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

NEW MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains all 180 mods from the new modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Music for killing aliens ships:
youtube.com/watch?v=qTCw8GQNEj4

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Other urls found in this thread:

xcom.com/news/en-dangerous-ruler-aliens-await-in-xcom-2s-alien-hunters-dlc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1ST FOR JETPACKS

CLOSE RANGE?

>still not updated the news section for Alien Hunters
I can't really complain because end of page 10 but eh.

3rd for eggsalt a shid

NO AYYS!

oops

Thats a fairly hot LZ

Question for anyone with experience. I'm fairly new to Xcom 2.

In the mid game, how the fuck do I get new recruits into my regular rotation of soldiers? They die so easily or get panicked or miss shots and so taking them on any mission becomes a serious liability. BUT THEY NEED TO RANK UP! It's a Catch 22. Is there some recommended way to rank them up and have them not be useless.

Too late now, this is thread

You will need to baby them and giving them nades helps.

yep

Please add this to next OP

>3)
Alien Rulers has been released alongside a large patch
> xcom.com/news/en-dangerous-ruler-aliens-await-in-xcom-2s-alien-hunters-dlc

that is all

Grenades and take one with a regular squad so they can steal kills

EXALT
X
A
L
T

DELETE THIS
E
L
E
T
E

T
H
I
S

nth for pure and innocent codex unlike unfaithful snek

Pistols are Useful.

Spooky

Return the slab!

xth for Vahlen

Drop the hammer on that fool

"what are you gonna do? shot me?"

It turns out it was my best guys who should've been saying that, fuck psi lance

Editfag here
I'm bored, any ideas for sweet sweet memes ?

>EMPed abductor has less ayys on it than a crashed fighter
MAGNIFICENT

Holy shit who is that? Uncanny

It's Sjokz, from LoL comp scene.
She's a commentator

Yeah, its weird too because of all the times I've seen here I never noticed, but all the sudden you've got the hair style with the green sweater and it just hit me.

She's also Belgium, so actually probably pretty close to the same nationality, or at least reasonably close. I think Vahlen could be belgium at least, they have a similar accent.

Is Vahlen still your waifu about her ridiculous crimes against humanity? Her lust for frosty snake dick?

>Vahlen
>Belgium
It's Belgian m8. And she is German.
Maybe birds of teutonic genes flocks together, hence the resemblance

So, I've already killed every one of the Alien Rulers in my current playthrough. Here's my thoughts.

Fuck that armor. Seriously. Bring a Grenadier with Shredder along on the Snek King's intro mission, and make sure they're on Overwatch as often as possible until Pimp-Daddy Snek shows up. Start carrying Acid Grenades/Bombs as soon as you can for extra Shredding, and that lovely Damage-Over-Time effect.

Even a little damage helps. Bring along every single Damage-Over-Time ammo/grenade type you can (Venom and Dragon rounds, plus Incendiary and the previously mentioned Acid grenades). If the Viper or the Archon grabs one of your soldiers while the DOT is affecting them, the damage tick at the beginning of their next turn will force them to let your soldier go, even if it was only a single point of damage.

And of course, there's the ever-lovely Repeater choosing that moment to activate and grant you an instant-kill. Not reliable, admittedly, but you'll never have the Repeater's effect proc if you never bring a Repeater along.

>She is likely meant to be German (or potentially Austrian or Swiss), as during particularly tense moments, she has been known to exclaim in strongly accented German before lapsing back into English. The fact that she seems able to produce grammatically correct German sentences but fails at pronouncing them with any degree of authenticity might also indicate her to have acquired German as a secondary language; additionally her accent often switches between French and German leaving her exact nationality open to debate.

>It is likely she is either from the Lowlands or on the border of France and Germany.

>Vahlen is a surname that originates from German

Unknown nationality.

Any way to mod down the alien sight range on legendary?

I'm fgood with everything but the ridiculous half the map range of their LOS. It makes attempting any kind of flanking whatsoever 100% impossible.

>but fails at pronouncing them with any degree of authenticity
I think thats more Firaxis weren't willing to hire high quality german VA's

I have yet to hear her speaking in a french accent
All i hear is this sweet sweet "WILKOMMEN KOMMANDANT"
Actually her german accent is rather pleasing to hear
sorry for germanbros, but i had to do it

Are you taking X-com here, or XCOM?

Reddit-Com: Autism Unknown

XCOM2.

Hey lads, I figure I'll ask here because holy shit I feel like I've tried everything. Issue is pretty simple, XCOM2 refuses to stop crashing. I've tried narrowing it down by looking at crash logs and checking what was called last, but here's the thing; it's always a new mod. Whenever I remove the offender, it crashes again and it's a different mod. This leads me to think it's either unrelated to mods, or a mod which isn't ever being called is botching - either way it's beyond me, because I've tried reinstalling the game complete, deleting configs and verifying cache and swapping around game settings. Complete mistery. Anyone smarter than me who can lend some insight? I'm stumped, haven't been posting because it's so damn frustrating

I live in Sweden and a ton of my friends have German surnames. There's a lot of culture surrounding migrating around in Europe, seeing as we essentially have work visums wherever we go. It's not at all unlikely that she's from one of the french/german border countries considering how her accent seems to be a bit of both.

>last name
Means nothing, really
I've got a french last name, but the first person in my family that carried my last name migrated to America in the 18th century

Check the config files. I would guess DefaultGameData, but it could be in DefaultGameCore or DefaultAI

They have the exact same sight range as you...
I'm sure you can edit it down in the .ini, but I don't know why you would, it would be a ridiculous adavantage.

Also, your not really supposed to flank in xcom, its not what I would call a viable tactic at higher difficulties, as you are probably noticing. Its still subpar on lower difficulties.

Its just the text from the wiki chill out man

I'll give it a look, thanks.

Go to My Games/XCOM2/XComGame/Config and delete everything inside (if you have the uniform manager mod, then delete everything except XComUniforms.ini). Now verify cache.

If you still have issues look for mods that might be in conflict.

Try something with Halo meets XCOM?

Famalam, I see you copy-pasting this as a blanket reply to any troubleshooting - which is a good thing, because a lot of the time it fixes stuff and people are too lazy to figure that out for themselves. However, in my post I wrote;
>I've tried reinstalling the game completely, deleting configs and verifying cache
So it doesn't really apply to me. Thanks for the reply though, I'll check up on mods in conflict!

I'd advise trying the official forums for tech support, we can't really help you beyond the copypaste.

>big blocky armor that covers the face
i'm gonna think about it, but i guess a drawfag would be more adapted for this work, as he could just make a "wrong game motherfucker" gag
Don't expect too much

Sorry, should have read your post more carefully. I just kinda skimmed through it.

Do you use the alternative launcher in the OP? That should show if any mods are in conflict.

You mean big bulky armor that covers the face?

>Annette Durands squeal when she gets hit
muh dick

Don't mention it, I'm guessing you've fixed about half the general's games at some point with that reply so keep fighting the good fight!

I wrote the OP paste, so yeah. In retrospect I'm probably pretty unqualified to as I seem to have broken my game, which is also why I haven't been able to try out new mods for adding in a while

Yeah, you're probably right. Many thanks anyway! In case any of you end up running into the error, it's a script issue that causes every mod which tries to run a script into the UIScreenListener to return with a null response and no screen access. That's as much as I've figured out.

Anyone else hate the hunters DLC? I can't stand the idea that something can move the way it wants to on my turn, it feels wrong. I just want my comfy regular turn based gameplay.

When did it start happening, before or after the patch?

Question, if I leave a guy behind in a extraction mission do I always get a change to take him back later?

Also since this guy has frost grenades equipped do I also get the grenades back?

It seems somewhat ridiculous for a fighter to be carrying a heavy tank.

Before, I'm sure of that much. It somewhat coincided with me changing GPU's though, anybody know if X2 keeps any reference of what GPU you're using in config or something? Even better, anyone who swapped graphics cards here since buying XCOM2 and has it caused crashes for you?

Maybe it's placebo but it seems much wider ranged than on classic/2nd hardest.

I understand far flanking won't work on a higher difficulty but it's often to the point that I am afraid to even be within 4 or so tiles of an enemy unit lest I proc another pod.

I'll stick with not editing it for now.

Bumping because this is a good question

Yes you will get an extraction mission later (it replaces the supply raid mission if I remember right). As for the gear, I'm pretty sure you're fucked.

Sorry user, take this picture I didn't post during last nights DeviantDump as a consolation.

>comfy

You came to the wrong game.

Well I have a retalation mission LITERALLY right next this mission

I can extract the VIP and get much needed intel but I can only do so sacrificing one of my heavies

-One is healthy and is not carrying the frost grenade, can fight in the retalation
-The other is gravely wounded and the one carrying the frost grenade

What do?

not him, but i am sure you get the gear back
i had a campaign where i recovered a grenadier and i got back the named gun and everything

If you want to try a wild shot in the dark, make a backup of your save data, character pool, and uniforms (if you care). Then delete the entire My Games/XCOM2 folder.

Verify cache and see if that works. You will have to start it through the official launcher afterwards, but that might fix it.

Ok this is fucking bullshit

Is there a mod that makes Ruler's use your rules? This would be fine if it was a 1v1 but I have to fight against other soldiers, the fucking timer, reinforcements and mission objectives.

This is bullshit.

2 sectopods inside one EMPed fighter, death explosions sure are fun

GIVE ME FUCKING POWER SOURCES REEEEEEEEEEE

It does not need to be drawfag style so don't worry too much about it.

Something like it... Maybe...

>>Ruler's use your rules?

It makes me wonder how scary a 'lid Ruler would be.

Maybe we will see more Rulers in future DLCs right?

>hurr durrr we cant connect to South America from fucking Mexico

>lid ruler
>kill a unit when it (you) moves
>making effectively 3 more lids, maybe grown ups because i'm a ruler that's why
I'm betting it was supposed to be created, but making it move everytime you take an action would just end your game

What about an Avatar Ruler? It would be the True Avatar they had been working towards all this time.

There's a wall m8, Trump made it
HE WAS WORKING WITH ADVENT ALL ALONG

Looks like Trump invaded mexico and moved that wall south

I feel like it is long overdue to bring this back.

Xth for Officer Snek. A snek you can rely on. A snek who will not fall to the corruption of some self-proclaimed King.

Believe in Officer Snek, and she will believe in you too.

HQ can't connect to another continent directly from what I've experienced.

Abilities include
>mind controlling your entire squad
>deploying a rift that covers the entire map
>teleporting every time you move instead of when you damage it
>adding one bar to the doom ticker every time it escapes

Officer Snek must be a nudist, because Viper armor disappears from my inventory every time I send her to officer training school.

>self-proclaimed King.
Well its a good job that he isn't just self proclaimed.

I'm sure officer snek has already had lots of fun with snek king

Oh man, the text looks terrible. This is what happens when you think you can get by with paint and word.

It will just end up like my Japanese NTR doujins, getting cucked by his double chilly snek willies thrusting in and out of mah waifus cloaca.

>implying paint isn't the superior shitposting platform
wew

How do you deal with broken line of sight?

Well fuck you too AWC

It is, but I want my text to actually look good, and you can't add outlines to text in paint, so then everything is unreadable.

Pray, and believe los indicators and cover indicators that tell you enemies can see you through roofs or that there really isn't actually cover where your going.

Bless your fucking heart, user. Did this and ran it in compatibility mode for Windows 7 for good measure, and now it works like a charm. I'm pretty sure your idea fixed it. You've made an anons evening a whole lot better.

Do you have any mods that add abilities to the AWC pool installed?

>implying snek gives a shit about your human patriarcal supremacist ways
SHE IS A FREE SNEK THAT TAKES NO SHIT FROM NOBODY, ESPECIALLY NOT XCOM SCUM
I am regretting what i just typed jesus

Its a hidden ability user, duh

Check later, you actually got the ability

I do believe those but obviously it's not always going to save me. i.e. taking cover in a corner then an enemy moves up and is suddenly flanking me through a wall that is 100% undamaged and solid.

Tfw this cutscene will always make for a cool screenshot

She also doesn't care about patriarchal concepts such as "monogomy" and "not cheating on your partner with king snek"

It was just gene-therapy from a regular snek and called a king.

It's essentially a female-to-male tranny.

>genetic therapy used to make it genetically and physically male
Its 100% male user and its the king of the sneks that all sneks want to fuck.

I basically asked for this one
Well played

Don't worry user, you have a strong free willed feminist waifu and you'll get to raise king sneks son together and even hold her hand while she has fun with King Snek!!

I feel dirty for using /pol/ memes

if you find any thing please post

i'd love to tone down the squadsight advent

>implying i want that
No, i just want a someone not feeding me bullshit and psychology all day, just being a no-cuntish self. Those are fucking as rare as a shiny pokemon
A couple is not a place where you should use power and/or guilt to get things
Being snek is optional, as i am having a real talk

That came out of nowhere user, do you want to vent?

Yes, it was modified to BE male. What was your point?

>vent
No, it's basically the "at this point i'm too afraid to ask meme"
I got out of the relationship loop 4 years ago with a bad experience (i failed basics pretty hard), and now i have confidence issues.
Put that with strong, independant womyn and i'm not sure i want any of that shit even if i long for it