Spessmen on a Space Station - SS13 - /ss13g/

To be continued Edition

Last time on /ss13g/
>Space paralax soon, make sure your computer can run 15 instances of crysis 3 on max before then
>A shit load of blob rounds
>Exchange of macros and advanced tech
>Lots of new people and greentext stories
>Was actually a good thread

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/87FjnR7M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2XiYUYcpsT4
youtube.com/watch?v=KsS0cvTxU-8
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/8578
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>this OP picture
100/100

How to play warden: Keep food in the brig, watch cameras, organize security and constantly check up on your people

How to play security officer: Stay in buddy groups during ling/vampire rounds, be robust, carry a flashbang, arrest the right guy, don't die

How to play detective: ??

Wave your gun around.
Shoot people in front of the borgs.
Investigate things and never tell people the results.
Die because you either drank yourself to death or went to catch a criminal alone and got dunked.

scan x after it gets emagged open
watch cargo, toxins, genetics, and the research outpost on cams
ask the HOS for permission to go under cover as a greyshit

Warden: Watch dorms for the first sign of ERPing, take the law into your own hand, become one man army.

Policeman-Officer: Turn up brig timer everytime they shout shitcurity, shoot first, never ask questions

Detective: Try and scan evidence, realise the wrong person was imprisoned, detained, and processed before you even get to show the HoS.

Take initiative in investiagations - don't wait for someone to call out a crime or have an officer lay out the scene for you because the best crimes will have slipped under their noses already
Communicate with security - let them know what you find as you go, so the information doesn't die with you when you die in a freak carp accident.
Use PDA has a medscanner that gives time of death when you scan a dead body
Wear sunglasses, carry a flash for people you don't have to shoot.
Ask the crew questions about what's going on around them- since you're not dressed in red and if you havn't been showing yourself as an ass, people might be more likely to tell you things more sensetive.

>Be around the places where people go to gossip a bit and shit (Bar for example)
>scan, SCAN, SCAN, scanning is fun as fuck and is easy as fuck to do with your scanner, using an item in the forensic scanner also gives you more detailed information sometimes (But the scanner may show a thing or two the item won't show in the forensic scanner)
To get to the database of your scanner, just put it in the forensic scanner and check the database
Look for prints, clues and shit everywhere
Don't be security with a revolver if its code green and there are enough officers

scan the corpses
it's pretty much the only thing that ever brings up evidence

Of all the times I've had a detective actually try and detect, all the shit he scanned comes up blank. No prints, no glove/jumpsuit fibers, fucking nothing

I hate it

That's when youinterview, cross examine, and get any witness testimonies recorded instead

Or just lie if you feel strongly enough about it. No HoS has ever read my paperwork as detective once.

>interviewing, cross examining and getting witness testimonies
I'd love to play a game of ace attorney in space too but, normally speaking if you don't resolve that shit quick they'll escape somehow and go murderbone

People will fucking lie or hide information about what they saw even if they had LITERALLY no fucking reason to hide it just because everyone on this fucking server loves to fuck over security in any way they can

>[11:15:25]ADMIN: Starting a round of vampire with 1 vampires.
>[11:16:17]ACCESS: Logout: KingcrimsonIJW/(Charles Auman) (Head of Security's Office - 244,297,1)

HoS logs out roundstart

Probably checked the manifest and saw Trinity as the only other security and finally lost it

She pulled through in the end though and got that shuttle called through xenogeddon

Ban
Request
Forums

I want to get into mapping, what's a good git tool for the local rep? I remember one mentioned in some step by step guide image but it isn't on the wiki.

How to play detective (if not solo sec)

1: Downtime: You'll probably have 70% downtime per shift. In downtime I like to watch cameras, I check usual blue apc spots (core, incinerator, telecomms) or watch borgs as they are a moving camera. I also like to get supplies for security, flasks full of DD/Coffee are great and quite easy to obtain if there's somebody in medbay and there's a bartender (they'll be willing, they just want somebody to talk to for once).

2: Actual crime solving parts

>Corpse has been found
Get security to tape up the area and block access, DON'T LET ANYBODY TOUCH THE CORPSE, DON'T SEND IT TO MEDBAY UNTIL YOU'RE FINISHED, go in and scan the corpse first of all, then scan entrances and exits to the room, scan blood, scan things that could've been used for a weapon, examine (loot) the body and try to see if there was perhaps a PDA message showing intent from somebody. Then perform an autopsy to determine exact way they died, then return to crime scene and piece your little story together. This will work 90% of times, Veeky Forums players are idiots who never cover their trails. Infact you could probably skip almost all these steps and just scan the corpse and doors, you'll find a murderer a lot of times that way. GIVE CORPSE TO MEDBAY WHEN FINISHED BEING AUTISTIC

>Break in

Quite simple, scan doors, scan locker if stolen from locker, scan break in point, scan potential escape routes, scan the disposal doors so they couldn't just flee via disposals, scan the disposals switch so they didn't flush their disguise into space.

>Other advice

You aren't security, don't patrol and be arresting people for assault and what not. You solve major crimes like grand theft and murder and then tell the officers who to arrest. Don't do these minor tasks, they're a waste of your time. If you see somebody breaking the law, tell them off, most times they'll just stop since they assume you're real security.

t. ss13's best detective

git.
Learn the CLI (or, at worst, use the provided GUI).
Do not touch Github for Windows.
Pick up another flavour if you're really interested, but git does everything you need.

Also be aware that mapping is a fuckton of work for very little payoff.

Last thread i posted a picture of BYOND not working for me and i told admins once about that sometimes i have awful connection problems out of nowhere
Right now im having the same problem, but i won't ick ock about it, i think its a computer problem
But i do hate rounds that involve few sec officers and trinity, its a pain in the ass

>Kingcrimson

who would've guessed. he probably random'd HoS and got mad and left.

ZAS is a farse
most external airlocks are hardmapped to not let any air through
pic related: the room will never, ever lose pressure

What do you expect from someone with a Jojo meme ckey?

You know, since their ckey means King Crimson It Just Works.

Ironic, considering we're all just 21st century schizoid men.

how would i get mad for being one second into the round?
If i dont want to play any more i tell the warden or a trusty officer and give him my shit and tell command to promote him and suicide in my office then
I was this nigger

I know connector ports and thermal plates don't have any volume, are there any other pipes that don't?

All pumps, filters, and mixers.

My bad, thermal plates do have volume, I've been rused

Thermal plates don't have volume though, are you sure?

I think so, this canister has less mols than it started with and the only explanation I have is that the plate succd some of it

>this canister has less mols than it started with and the only explanation I have is that the plate succd some of it
Re-run the test with a volume pump digital valve loop to ensure every last drop is sucked out. A connector will only equalize the mols between the pipes and a canister. It won't drain it completely.

Scientific method; Connect two connector ports together and wrench a single different canister down, then place a single connector port with a canisterand tell me what happens.

Oh
Yeah that makes sense

This should be an effective test.

Warden should also order medkits, shotguns, shells, and energy gear crates. Ideally, you can have some fuccboi run supplies to a willing robotics for ed's or at least securirons. ED's cuck murderboners so hard

I want to run a gimmick as officer where I make a whole robo fab or steal one from robotics and just pump out a billion EDs/Beepskies

Or just do it every round possible

Something like this. The regular squares are connectors, and the blackened square is a thermal plate. Make sure you use your analyzer on the actual connector itself if you're suspicious. In retrospect you should have just done that.

We have emptied an entire canister of oxygen into a manifold-thermal plate pipenet. The canister originally had 1870.8 mols of oxygen. The manifold has 278.6 mols That leaves 1592.2 mols missing.

Try scanning the thermal plate with the analyzer.

>this graph

>Waiting until someone spawns in as a diona before you put it in the deep fryer
I'm a bad person

if space is cold
why can't you just kick the canister out and have space cool it for you

You don't want it to catch hypothermia, do you?

Thermal plates can't be scanned by analyzers.

The missing mols aren't in the plate, or the manifold. They are in the volume pump itself.

I assume for the same reason having a canister of really hot gas in Toxins doesn't turn the room into a furnace. The cans must be insulated.

Nah, that makes too much sense.

Canisters are made of VERY good insulating material.
Space won't cool a canister full of gas for the same reason that a canister full of hot gas doesn't heat the air in a room.

Canisters like all standard pipes are insulated. The pipes that are labelled insulated on the pipe menu are actually ultra super insulated.

>volume pumps carry mols
>volume pumps lose mols inside of itself
DON'T TELL ANGELITE

When new canisters are added the volume pump limitation is overcome.

SPOILER
this was a good round

After repeating the test with a gas pump the result was similar. There is a discrepancy because I was wasteful.

I conclude that it isn't the pipes. It's the pumps.

Cargonia that round

youtube.com/watch?v=2XiYUYcpsT4

youtube.com/watch?v=KsS0cvTxU-8

Unrelated, post music relating to different jobs/events likely to happen with said jobs

This was a very good round

I do have some experience with ss13
but pretty much anyone is more robust than me.
are the servers that are being posted here mainly made up of experienced players?
do i just suck at this game?
or is it perhaps a combination of both?

So how do you cool a canister without wastage?

>Bryant Wheeler
You gittin' a grudgin' for that.

small_boss someone cloned me as the shuttle got there so i lived

>That away mission

>cargo is rev
>they have set up a forcefield that prevents us from getting in
>minutes pass as we wait for a breach
>look away for a second
>forcefield is gone, I missed the initial breach
>get in, taze someone before finishing him off with the shotgun
>it's the regular shotgun so it only has 5 rounds
>click click
>can't find ammo
>can't find my other guns
>can't open my belt to get the flashbangs
>spill my spaghetti all over cargo
>manage to taze someone else
>throw a flashbang out of despair
>get into crit
>die

>No one doing mining
>Good round

Plates may or may not have pseudo volume. Connectors do have volume

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY WILL NEVER TAKE OUR GUNS!
CAAARRRGOOOONNNIIIIAAA

Valves.

dont have a volume pump right before the connector, duh

Away mission was impossible without deathsquad-tier equipment.

Are you gonna join my unlisted test server and grudge me?

Beats me

Who is robust is decided by the winner. Get dirty.

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/8578

>That Mule chase
I love you guys so much

It's called captain

I've only been playing for two days and I did alright in anarchy, although I heard something about there being a lot of new players lately

This suave mother fucker just got your waifu's number and is calling daily.

What do you do?

Get antag and murderbone, it is one of the most effective ways to get over deer-in-light syndrome or the combat shakes

Pussy.

I wonder what got into them though. I didn't even recall adding spiders.

You can shoot a hole and get through

Yeah, Your IP is 127.0.0.1 I'm loggin' in right now. Prepare to get robusted kid.

Go to genetics and turn myself into a QT then cheat on her with him.

I noticed their force field was draining the whole station, much more than their AME could support, so I turned off station power and it went out almost instantly.

>latejoin as viro
>mix is in
>there are some chems in the fridge
>suddenly bodies
>nobody stocked the biomass
>no extra clonex
>no plasma to make more
>end up taking clonex from the cryo mix to make biomass
>speedclone
Also who kept fucking around with Hyun's corpse?
>oh she's in crit now, I guess they defibbed her and are doing it manually?
>oh wait, she's dead now
>not scanning, try again later
>finally fucking clone her
>rush her to shuttle
>cleaning grenade
>someone keeps pushing her through broken glass while I'm trying to feed her the rest of the meds
I JUST WANTED TO FUCKING HEAL PEOPLE
GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT

Is that the meat packers map? why do i know that?

I think I was the only person that had a hardsuit when jumping there!
Okay only HUMAN with one

Salvage shuttle jump any that shift? One might have been spaced or I dunno cause that makes no sense

FUCK.

throw floortiles at him until he dies them cook his tentacles like pasta

Go to genetics, turn myself into a waifu and her into a husbando

Now I can safely rebuff the alien's advances without being worried about my partner being unfaithful

Let him penetrate my cervix instead

L E W D

Relatively robust player here, play security and set all antags except nuke ops and cult to "yes" and you'll get robust eventually

People got and get robust by playing the game and putting themselves into situations where they improve, continuously

You'll have no problem getting all the basics down by just playing security whenever you get the chance

When you get antag, murderbone and kill everyone you can. You test your limits this way and you get over the combat shakes by putting yourself into high stress situations repeatedly. You also gain more experience on how to survive and not get fucked this way than any other single way of playing

People hate you for murderboning but they get over it.

Away missions are protected z levels you can't get in or out via level crossing.

Things you need for ANY away mission:

Some kind of weapon
Some kind of space protection (chemical, genetic, viral, mechanical, whatever)
Some kind of good luck charm

Tools are usually useful as well.

Always take a multitool, it's the only way to re calibrate the away gate so you can return

I had no weapon because cargonia
I had only the hardsuit
And as for good luck charm, I got all my limbs turned into borg limbs so that was my anti-luck charm
RIP

If someone writes an-away mission theme thing would admins look at it?

Sure will

>someone keeps pushing her

dohohohoho

NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKER
GOOD LUCK RECALIBRATING THAT

I'm quite decent at 1v1 or 1v2 but when I have to fight more than two crewmembers at once, with other security officers, I seem to lose my aim and concentration.
I'm afraid to hit the other officers and I refrain from using flashbangs because I fear they will do more bad than good.

I was also collecting a lot of junk during that round, which ended up clogging my inventory, and I forgot to reorganize it before the fight. So there's that too.

I really need to stop fucking around on the VR shit so we can go crazy with the contents of the mission, or simply tag everything inside it and have the gateway emancipate it portal style on the way out, all but the things you want them to have. Latter sounds easier.

I've spotted some behemoth flaws with ckey transfer so i might have to look into some sort of camera view trickery and movement transfer instead, whatever happened to that PR with the remote control borgs stuff?

Would it be just writing an idea or somehow making the map as well?

It died.

Yeah no, a deathsquad in marauders would have trouble.

Get flashbang practice. Banger and shotgun 1-2 guys. Flashbang again, if there's near chairs bucklecuff one then harmbaton lock 3 until they're dead. You can kill 5 man cargonia solo. Six if you have a combat shotty

To clarify, when we first entered the gateway there was only one queen and three spiders at the spawn point
Still more than enough to kill everyone

Go ahead, ideas are always handy

Already planning on making the beach away mission something more extensive.

and so too have my ambitions.
Fuck it emancipation grid it is then, only other way I can think of content control.