/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/id/Broxxigar

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
Youtube: Video not found

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

first for fuck your shitty imperium clones

Doesn't Old Republic make more sense since you have a larger pool of independent systems, besides the Republic and the Sith?

When I research genetic modification will pops be able to alter themselves or will only i be able to?

>Spiritualist dummy detected

>Fuckwit summons the Unbidden right next to me
>Entire galaxy immediately enters into two massive Federations and one Alliance of two larger powers to combat them
>Fuckwit invites me to his Federation

This is going to be fun. Maybe after the war I'll fuck his shit up to teach him a lesson.

they can randomly alter themselves as well

Dont. The new genetically modified pops will be a completely new species.

All them -happiness modifiers and separatism...

Can they gain negative traits tho...

You will
Go for it its fun
I am now going bananas on a worthless race of my empire

So the terraforming equipment failed AGAIN and my colongy got rekt. RIP.

>Then this happens

JUST

How can I win as a pacifist? Victory conditions are still to take over the galaxy wtf

Mine is actually based on the mirror universe Terran Empire from Star Trek. I just liked "Imperium" better than "Empire".

Can't really figure out what traits they should have though.

>use the mod that removes the influence reduction from frontier outposts
>game becomes incredibly easier

wew might as well turn it off

Same way you win with everything else. You vasallize everyone

Mark my words - in 2 weeks no one will be talking about Stellaris any more, there's just too much wrong with it, too much missing, too much simplified or too much simply retarded crap.

It's like March of the Eagles.

I've finally found a species to uplift

However they're right next to a militant isolationist fallen empire...

I only see the option to demand vassalage when I go to war tho.

I need to get around to playing them at some point. Beamspam is always fun. Though seriously, I wish there was any way to get enough supply to support a predominantly missile fleet.

I'm not actually very good, and I don't normally fuck around with deflectors, but I gotta impress my senpai on Veeky Forums, and the human survey fleet was mostly using mass drivers, so giving Deflectors a shot. 42% chance to succeed, better watch it.

Also, got deep space mining. Can build mining stations, but who has time to micro that? Going to set it to subsidies and let my civilians handle it, which also moves me towards a government type I like, iirc.

>influence reduction from frontier outposts
The building cost or the maintenance cost?

Would any of you guys play a Star Wars mod I'm debating on making? If so what era originals, prequels or Old republic era?

Can anyone point me towards some resources/guides on modding this game?

Unbidden pls

>mfw unlocking xeno cavalry

You know war is hell when in 2381 you're riding space horses into battle. I'm going to put my Xenomorph armies on them

You can mod shit from the species tab

But you're like 100% likely to have a planet breakdown into gene mod wars

alliances with everyone into a federation with everyone

>nobody will talk about a Paradox game that's going to receive monthly content updates because it's lacking in base mechanics just like all the other Paradox releases

It completely removes the 1 influence point per month maintance cost.

rip

I feel like influence is so fucked and entirely dependent on a diceroll. Considering you are only guaranteed two habitable planets nearby at game start, your growth screeches to a halt until you can colonize other world types (but despite getting the colony research for continental worlds my tropical race still can't fuck land there).

Outposts are rarely worth building unless it's a super fucking rich sector, or you need it to connect two spheres of influence. It's such a fucking chore to acquire early game without having everyone your rival

>0 trade

Oh shit zuul, what are you doing? You're crows, you're made to trade, get it up to a million asap!

Can't you just hand the outposts over to sectors and not have to lose influence anyways?

Yea I suppose so

Is that SOTS?

Bar sengoku :(

>AI invades planet my planet
>his 9 groud troops are entrenched and enjoy a 90% damage reduction thanks to fortifications
>my 9k fleet and 20+ ground armies can't orbital bombard said fortifications to retake planet because planet is still considered under my control

great game

Game shouldn't even have victory conditions. What were they thinking?

That's a bug and they've said its going to be removed

Protip, always make sure you are growing your savings since interest op.
Also trade

>What were they thinking?
In money

Jokes on you dlc will come out at the same time, priced at $19.99 and bundled with forum icons and *free ringtones.

fuck it im so tired I cant even spell

>unlock baittleships
>cover them with nukes n shit to destroy corvettes
>make fleets
>send them out
>only kill 2 fucking corvettes for every battleship I send out
wow what a shit fucking game
big ships are fucking useless

Idk still waiting until they patch not being able to eradicate scourge world's to finish half my games

What game's this

I went through the whole quote chain but didn't see a name

You betcha.

I probably should, but I always hate to build freighters before I get around to megafreighters. The inefficiency riles my autism.

On the one hand, birdy multiculturalism means we even have to include Prester Zuul. On the other hand, those female tarkas admiral portraits please my dick.

(Admiral/researcher traits is something that Stellaris did right, I think. Much more palpable and easier to read than in sots2.)

You need big ships for the ftl snare

They fucked up with this one.

>Production
It doesnt exist.
>Sectors
Beyond saving
>Automatisation
Should have been in the pre-alpha build
>Diplomacy
Why didnt they just copy paste EU4 diplo?
>Non war play
Lol, wasting your time
>Strategic resources
Should be empire wide
>Happiness
A big fat turd the way it works now, see all those screenshots
>Pause function
It pauses and unpauses at random

How hard is it to make fun mods that make horrible shit happen to spice up mid/late game?

Also anyone got any ideas for things that would fuck your shit up mid game and cause fun?

SotS 2, an overwhelmingly disappointing sequel that killed the series.

Big ships are the best but you need a mix

You also need high accuracy weapons if fighting corvettes

>Elliptical galaxy
>start up game
>0 (zero) planets in my influence
>restart

Sword of the Stars 2

SAME

The thought of losing 10k on maintenance makes me lose 10M in trade profits. Yet it happens every game

>Trantor
Reminder that the Galaxia option is a crime against humanity

Sword of the Stars II.

#1 is a rock-solid, absolutely awesome 4x. Runs on potato at this point, and it's a blast. (If you can handle deviant-art tier art and hilariously cheesy voice acting.)

#2 is much more divisive.

Got my deflectors, working on combat algorithms.

I've had that before

Hell on this playthrough I went sol and somehow only had 1 initial extra system

>using missiles against Corvettes
lol
Unless they're Swarm or Whirlwind, don't.
And they probably just built some Point Defense modules which makes missile weaponry completely useless.

Put Tachyon, Arc Emitters or Flak Artillery on your Battleships.

>It also means you get a -happiness if non-primary species have rights in the empire, even if you're one of those species. Which is kinda dumb.
That make perfect sense.
Look at Muslims in the West. They don't want to have equal rights. they want Islamic rights.
So xenophobic xenos don't want to have equal laws. They want their own laws.
Also as they have the same rights they can manifest that.
On the other hand if there would be despotic regime who will crush them they will be sit silently in corner and pray that regime not look in their way.
>like Chechens are right now loyal to the Putin because they know that they will be fucked

This game really needs an auto combat mod. A long war where you have to spread shit out in order to capture just gets tedious.

>tfw you find out one of your allies has lances

I have never had a stronger desire to war someone.

>still using tier 2 and below missiles when building battleships
at least study some antimatter and quantum missiles if you're not going to go torpedo master race

>Elliptical galaxy
>spawn in the middle of the SW side
>After scouting find out that I have 0 neighbor rimward but 4 pof them coreward, they also all hate each other because different value
GG no re

Aaaaaaagh

Both Stellaris and both SotS games do this.
I've seen Trantor, Geidi Prime, whatever that world Paul Atriedes originally comes from, and a couple I'm pretty sure are from Known Space/Niven.

>Got my deflectors, working on combat algorithms
>Deflector
>VS Humans

Humans go pew pew HC laser, jokes on you.

Oh, I should be rerolling if I dont get an extra system in my initial SoI?
fug that explains why everyone is kicking my ass

who cares? it literally doesn't fucking matter
>having this much autism

Yo will I fuck myself if I use this race and go full enslavement? Mostly with the whole slow breeders thing. How bad a negative is it?

They don't get bonus from fortification on taken planet.

Could have been worse.

pls senpai, I'm not very good at this game, I'm doing what I can. It should take them a bit to go from mass drivers to plas/HCLs anyway.

Just enslave xenos

Where my brothers at that are too poor to buy stellaris/too cheap to buy 4x games on launch when without exception throughout history launch 4x games have always sucked?

Diety indonesia epic archipelago start, I win about 20% of diety games I don't scum, I think I settle in place, monu>worker(stop)>Shrine>Worker? I have no idea how to play archipelago

>galaxia
???

Nah, just spend your money on planet development instead of offworld mines

You're always waiting to build something early game so you can comfortably wait for your borders to grow

Well it's almost over, I'm a little dissappointed, though the Unbidden would put up more of a fight.

>specters
I bet the humans did this.

>buy
>stellaris

Nigga just pirate it.

you can pirate it, it may not be polished but it's enough to entertain for a while

how did you make them shrink back?
I've let them grow quite a lot, and even though I keep clearing out their stations, the area doesn't vanish.

get robots

>encounter primitive civilization
>decide to check out their traits to determine if they are worth enlightening
>both nonadaptive and extremely adaptive

what

>he hasn't read an overrated sci-fi series by Asimov

It's been so long that I've been short money for games I forgot piracy was a thing.

Meh fuck it, I got a culture ruin on my second turn so I ditched the monument and I'm going straight worker

If you want a free negative perk take the one that slows migration

and then ban migration

>Spend ages building up, upgrading, etc my fleet
>March off against what is surely an easy target
>Get essentially 0-100'd

Oh my I am bad at army

What do you spend your credits on? I try to keep my income between 1-10 but it still builds up. Using it buy down rebel factions seems like a waste when you can just kill them and after a few wars no one will trade with me.

Spectres is a random event, no way to avoid that, just take the hit and repair/rebuild.

IMO lasers beat rockets/mass drivers and other gimmicks, so go laser - as Morrigi you have very good chances for laser techs.

Also if you want to trade put a military base and some police cutters into each system you want to put trade ships to - pirate spam is annoying.

They can if they have to, but they'd rather not.

What I'm going to do, building another constructor back at homeworld so I can start putting up civilian stations.

>worry.jpg

after awhile just give up.
Mine's a ta permanent +45 and maxed. Then I decide to move my fleet a system and it drops to -80.

>he has energy credit income

You're not warring hard enough.

More Ships. More Armies. More War.

>be military republic
>want to spread democracy to the stars
>everyone around me is democratic xenophile

well fuck

Sheeeiittt... is that a slave raid?

>When in doubt, pick the "Fuck it, YOLO!" option.

I mean, what can go wrong? Space zombies can't be a thing, right?

Really? Worked fine for me, killed their stations and their territory retreated. Maybe it's because I already had influence in the area, so when the stations died I got control back.

Also, large battles not lagging the game to shit when?

Undock your fleet and armies
If you are still positive make more

>early game
>fighting a bunch of warmongering evangelists
>win 6 battles in a row with my lead fleet as reinforcements build up
>suddenly 1k fleet
>oh fug
>bail, link up with reinforcements
>engage 1k fleet with 1.8k
>"you win this time..."
>mfw I 7-1'd them

Flavor-wise, SotSII actually progresses the timeline, which is a bit unprecedented for a 4x series, (I think? My knowledge isn't perfect.)

Your basic workhorse in this iteration is cruisers instead of destroyers. Which means that pirate fleets are a bit more fluffy; they're mostly assembled of last-generation destroyers and whatnot. Not exactly terrifying, but there are a lot of them.

I stumbled upon a pirate base.

Wait

If I had AI+Sythetics would I be able to get something more out of this event.

GalCiv's story progresses from I to III and in the expansions, too.

>tfw no fourth path for science labs as a balanced source of mana
Seriously, it'd be completely balanced.

a Biolab IV, Physics Lab IV, and Engineering Facillicty IV provide 6 of each mana in total, disregarding any bonuses.

A Science Lab II would provide 2 of each, so three in total would provide 6 each.
To balance out the reduced upgrade time, make it require 50% more power or something and call it a Research Lab or something.

clear all tiles, build robutts/xenos, then I leave it because of how fucking expensive ships can suddenly get