/emugen/ - Emulation General

Last Thread: emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Poll: strawpoll.me/10231782
I've left out most of the stuff that doesn't work at the moment. Obviously we'd all like that to work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gKIJ69UyTqw
youtube.com/watch?v=GNiQVaM8vNQ
romhacking.net/translations/2330/
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28088576/ShareX/2016/05/Survival Kids 2 - Dasshutsu!! Futago Shima! (Japan).gbc
wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Wii_Remote_Plus_(RVL-CNT-01-TR)_Connection_Guide
bugs.dolphin-emu.org/
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Gsdx-future-discussion?page=14
youtube.com/watch?v=iesLNx0b4L8
github.com/simias/rustation/commit/68571b2646ab635d45983bf7ffd1be8dcd222314
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PETE YOU NIGGER

BASKING IN MILLIONS WHILE YOUR PLUGINS ARE NEVER UPDATED

I like video games

fuck off

After bugging her for 2 weeks, recaptucha finally caved and posted an image.

Nobody say anything mean or she'll leave and stop being the savior of Saturn emulators.
Everyone say nice things. Look at that fan in the back, it's a glorious fan.

The most accurate looking emulator thus far.

fuck off retard

Proof?

Several people have posted boyish looking girls they claimed are Ryphecha, but turned out to be someone else.

Is that you Madara Uchiha

Is there a download link for a eng patched Island Kids 2

Uchiha.
Mangekyou in da eyes.

I can't find it on google. What's it called in Japanese and what console and I'll see if I've got it.

Didn't he have the Rinnengan at some point?

Shitposting General

Yes. I was doing a meme: youtube.com/watch?v=gKIJ69UyTqw
Apparently I'm memeing wrong since that's about itachi.
Here's madara: youtube.com/watch?v=GNiQVaM8vNQ

Gotta keep it alive somehow.

I somehow morphed what you said into the Transformers theme.

*Survival Kids 2

Survival Kids 2: Dasshutsu! Futago Shima

It's a GBC game

Can't make fun of RA though; you'll hurt peoples feefees

RA ain't got shit on Mednafen

Like half of the general if not more.

romhacking.net/translations/2330/

Tell me all about it friend, is it good?

Mednafen ain't got shit on MAME

I've only played the first one, and it's fun but with a time limit, I think this one removes it

If you patch it, can you upload it on mega, I don't have a comp to patch it now

when will the autists fix retroarch 1.3.4?
>why release broken software without testing
>is this canonical

Cute for a nerdy girl. Would emulate games with.

top kek

Want me to wipe your arse for you too?
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28088576/ShareX/2016/05/Survival Kids 2 - Dasshutsu!! Futago Shima! (Japan).gbc

You sure are mad about doing something no one asked you to.

Not mad, just critical.

Given that you've tried this at least before with a random pic of a girl posted on another board, and also waited til the start of a thread that time too, I'm 0% inclined to believe you.

thank you friend

I like that Ryphecha is basically drama-proof. I've never seen her express anything political or anything. I have literally no idea who she is or how she is in real life.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

top kek

>drama proof.
there is like 50 replies to how you pronounce her name.

>Reep-echa

>openGL is more accurate than D3D
explain this

Think you need to learn how to sound things out.

How do you pull a short e sound out of your ass?

Rye-fetch-ah

I dunno man, the guy on the left isn't even being rendered in the OGL renderer.

D3D ghosting produces GHOSTS sometimes

harhar
The OpenGL shot was taken a second later after the dude walked off-screen. My issue is that strip of wood paneling dividing the carpet on the left

Probably a blending issue, check your settings in OGL.

Sometimes shit is strange, like for example Rayman: Revolution, with DX11 it looks fine but with OGL there are shards of texture that pop up like in pic related, now here's the strange part, it's actually more accurate since those shards are how it's supposed to look (they're a bit more colorful with some light bloom).

As for your image disable depth emulation and set accurate blending to none and it should look like DX.

Is dolphin compatibility with the real wiimote controller just shit? It has been giving me problems all day and now it simply stopped recognizing it altogether. Is there any software I can install to make it run better or what?

What type of wiimote do you have and which bluetooth program are you using to connect it? The newer wiimotes are difficult apparently.
I'm going to bed but look into that stuff on the Dolphin Wiki. It might help.

Rife fetch ya

Rifecha

Ryphecha

I tried with one of the first models and with a wii motion plus and it's giving me the same exact issues. It takes a long time just to get it to recognize it and then it just stops because of a low battery warning (tried it with both wiimotes and different sets of batteries, all new). What drives me nuts is how I seem to be the only person online with this problem, every google search ends with people commenting about how well their wiimote works with dolphin.

Are you on Win7 or 8+. Are you using MS stack or toshiba? Are you using the latest dev build of dolphin?

also I am using the standard pair up system from dolphin, should I use something different?

windows 10, my pc has native bluetooth so I've just been using that. I am using the latest revision. Should I be using MS stack or toshiba? Since the issue only comes up once I am in game (the low battery warning coming up every few seconds) I thought it didn't relate to how the wiimote actually connects. Yes I am using the latest revision, I tried switching to an older one but I get the same issue with both wiimotes.

Pronunciation is not drama

Default MS stack should just work on win10 for WM+ wiimotes. Could be the adapter, built in ones typically aren't the best.
Here's the guide btw:
wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Wii_Remote_Plus_(RVL-CNT-01-TR)_Connection_Guide

thank you, I saw this guide already but since my wiimotion plus is the one that came with skyward sword it shouldn't count for it, and even then I have the same exact issues with one of the first wiimotes that came with the console.
I guess I'll try buying a dolphin bar but I don't get why it should help with my battery problem. I guess it all started when they introduced that way to set the battery level of your emulated wiimote. I'll probably report it to the dolphin staff if I can figure out where I need to post it

cuuute pic

she's MINE you whore

>I'll probably report it to the dolphin staff if I can figure out where I need to post it
bugs.dolphin-emu.org/

thanks again, you saved me a google search.
This is pretty frustrating for me though since I can play any wii game I tried at very high settings, but the controller just won't work.

gotta brand new issue now

so I read that enabling half-Pixel offset would eliminate the awful ghosting effect present in Yakuza 1/2. It does the job, however it creates the lines shown on the top pic

According to wiki, the line issue AND ghosting can be disabled by rendering at a custom 16:9 res. I tried 1x-4x 16:9 resolutions, all giving me the result below: no lines, but the ghosting is as bad as it was before I enabled any HW hacks (notice the green signs)

>6x res
What are you, rich? Shit, give me your GPU, I won't bitch about minor issues in games

Additionally, notice Kazuma's face and the Yakuza by the door in the bottom pic, they appear hazy and blurred. I'm using version 1.4 so perhaps the workaround on the wiki is no longer valid or am I missing something?

Better tell gregory about that because he's planning on getting rid of custom resolutions soon, so you will always have to go by 2x, 3x, 4x, etc and no "custom" will be available.

why the fuck would he do that?

>getting rid of custom resolutions soon
For what purpose?
Eh, it's a mid-tier rig

>For what purpose?
It's made using a "dirty hack" and could prevent some future modifications.forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Gsdx-future-discussion?page=14

>Suda 51 Presents: Yakuza

>960
>mid tier

Richie Rich strikes again

Something about custom res screws with the code or makes it more complex or introduces issues or whatever. You know the typical emudev song and dance: "This makes life easier for me so I will do it and fuck end users"

why would you want custom resolutions over more games working properly?

You can buy one for like 150 bucks.

Because waiting for a proper fix by just using an older version is way too hard for your average enduser.

Because some games custom resolutions actually fix.

>"I'd rather have a shitty workaround that breaks shit elsewhere than a proper fix"
t.endusers

>You can buy one for like 150 bucks.
Don't forget all the other parts to go with that.

user, there will be no proper fix. They are just going to break the shit and leave it broken. If they fixed it and THEN removed custom resolutions, okay, but they are not going to do that. And by they I mean the one person who actually works on PCSX2 anymore.

>implying there will be a proper fix

And you can't use the legacy plugin for what reason exactly?

The build was only $950ish altogether

>only $950
>only
>$950

As I said, Richie Rich

youtube.com/watch?v=iesLNx0b4L8

t.poorfags

I'm unemployed an my rig cost more than his step up your game user.

>dropping less than a grand on a PC
>Rich
Am I being memed?

>I'm unemployed an my rig cost more than his
Then you're fiscally retarded and I'm not surprised you're sitting here memeing on Chinese calligraphy boards rather than working

Is Mednafen still the most accurate PS1 emulator? Looking to play Bust-a-Groove and it seems way out of sync in PCSXR.

Yes, and don't listen to the ePSXe shills either. Mednafen is the way to go.

>Then you're fiscally retarded
>saving money for something you want is now fiscally retarded

I bet you wasted money on consoles and are just jealous that guy has a full on entertainment center

He is making more use out of emulation than you are and probably ever will

Saving up your autism-bucks doesn't make you not fiscally retarded.

No, wasting money on something you don't need is fiscally retarded.

I've never paid for a console in my life, user, and I don't plan to.

Hello emugen

I'm kinda retarded but i need help and i don't want to fuck up

I am installing POPSLoader and i need to copy the seplugins folder on the root of the PSP Memory Card.

So, where i can find the root of the PSP Memory Card?

I know it's a stupid question but i need your help.

You should report this bug on github they probably don't know about this.

Sure user whatever you say

>No, wasting money on something you don't need is fiscally retarded.
I get all the entertainment I'll need for several year, I'd say I made a good deal.

Unless you're one of those people who think they don't need anything outside of their work or that shitposting on a toaster is all the entertainement they'll ever need.

Why are you rewriting CD?
github.com/simias/rustation/commit/68571b2646ab635d45983bf7ffd1be8dcd222314

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You are the cancer causing devs (except based byuu) to keep toaster-fags in mind when releasing new builds. If you can't manage to save for a $600-$1000 PC by setting some cash aside every month working minimum wage, you're no better than this fag

You could get entertainment on a 250 dollar PC rather than a 900 dollar one by watching animu, movies and whatever else rather than playing video games.

PM'd you the answer.

only coincidentally