Etrian Odyssey General

>EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EOV Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
mega.nz/#!SghiWI6J!SyUwZs2X9oLHP-rfmVvF_j0QjeI1lA2HSrU4C6qs0eY (Nico stream)

Previous thread:

Reposting from previous thread

What classes are you guys using for 7th dragon code vfd?

I just beat Mayhem, my party is around lv 20-22

1st team: Samurai, God Hand, Agent
2nd team: Fortuner, Duelist, Rune Knight

I'm thinking of replacing my agent with either my Fortuner or Rune Knight for the spot in the first team.

What are some good synergies/strategies?

Thanks folks

Hug Order

>7th meme

Maybe whoever makes the next thread will remember to put the EO5 scans in the OP.

>I don't care how advanced EO Earth's science was, they can't just make a second fucking moon.

It's the Space Colony ARK

Any tips would be great

I didn't know you can create characters without a class.

THREAD TOPIC
your favorite Etrian loves you!

>Stratum 5: Mad Space

?

Necromanko

Generics are available to every class for that race, and once Reclass happens, you can technically use any portrait for any class.
Recommended would be using the generics for gatherers unless you REALLY want those boring poses in your battle party I suppose.

>no shinsengumi class
One day. One day they'll run out of synonims of "samurai"

I thought we had no word about reclass/subclass system in 5 yet.

>unless you REALLY want those boring poses in your battle party
It beats whatever retardation they were going for with female warlocks.
Generic brownies got more dynamic poses than shamans anyways.

>Stratum 6: Cannon's Core
>Final Boss is an overdeveloped Biolizard

All recent scans showed that you can reclass your character at the expense of 5 level. And you get to use generic portraits. Where have you been, son?

I think it was revealed that the option to use classes as other races becomes unlocked later on in the game after some conditions have been met.

I'm not sure if they'll get unique portraits though. I want to see the brownie cestus' in that regard.

They even put up a blonde generic therian as a cestus to make a point.

We have reclassing, they revealed that on twitter I suppose
However we don't have Multiclass or Grimoires as it makes the game easier I suppose.

Level 1 barrages is enough elemental coverage. If you can't beat the gatekeeper, you could try doing the sea quests to unlock the aegis defense limit, and use that on the turns where it's going to laser you. If you still have trouble, you can equip bash charms on everyone to reduce the damage it does. When it splits, the head is weak to phys while the body is weak to elements, and you don't want to leave only one part alive if everyone is low on health because they won't survive it's suicide attack.

I kind of like generic human girls, they're like "I have no idea what I'm doing".
And Beatrice a fucking cute.

Yes, let's convince all the pixiv artists to use the tag ネクロマン子

How does the team system work? Is it worth having 3 teams?
>Tails
>Bayo
>Shadow
>Knuckles
Goddammit Sega

You know she is, I suppose.
Shame she lives in suffering: the series.

Thanks bro. Seems more like an all out nuke.

What's your team look like?

>Luka
>Rin

Yeah. The 2nd and 3rd team get as much XP as your main team so it allows you to switch around and experiment.

Your image pretty much sums it up nicely.

rinfags get out

>Imca and Selvaria of Valkyrie Chronicles

Okay, now who the hell is Kama

What's with these irrelvant images?

no

I was asking stuff about 7th dragon in the last thread and posted an image of Uzuki with it because I thought the alt samurai portrait looked like her.

7thfags derailing as usual

>tfw EO5 CFWs and CIAs should make the game easily modable outside of just undubs

>herbalist playing with broccoli
nice

Always keep a duelist on your support team
Switch out Agent for Rune knight so you can easily deal with most status effects and have absurd first turn damage in most battles

>No create-a-dungeon feature.
Still sad about this.

Misty Ravine has such comfy music.

Is anyone going to get Stranger of sword city next month?
You can put in your favorite EO portraits for your characters

If only someone knowledgeable enough would get interested in such a nice series.

Yeah, I like the small dungeon version over it though

I have bought any of the vita DRPG despite owning one. Physical release?

>Switch out agent for Rune Knight
Wouldn't that be redundant since I already have a samurai?

Rune Knight ice or lightning enchant is a synergy with samurai's magic follow up attack
All attacks performed by god had or rune knight will trigger it with the enchant on

Damn you're right. Unfortunately I think it's too late for me, I've already poured a bunch of skill points on katana skills.

If you have samurai multihit skill at a decent level you easily get loads of SP from dragons bane seeds

>User created custom floors
>A majority of them would just be shoving 200 FOEs onto a floor or replicating Mario Maker "this level plays itself" levels or something.

>vampire bat stands ready!

>running for your life from FOE, it's right behind you
>encounter
>music is blindsided version

>not having a Adriane Thread
your fault.

>Using Arianna at all

You still have to admit it would be a cool concept though.

>not using fluff master at all times
Truly there are people on this earth worse than Hitler.

Punched a whale to death and just unlocked sub-classing in EOIII. Should I rest my guys now or later?

>Adriane Thread

Fuck meant ariadne thread. Adriane is the name of one my of characters so I mixed it up.

>entire party is at least six levels below Wufan
Is this bad?

>aegis defense
Holy fuck god bless this skill
And are you sure level 1 barrage will be fine? It seems kind of shitty.

Alright, I got Shogun. How do I build these guys?

You're fine, guest characters are supposed to be stronger than your party.

still doable

Shogun/Buccaneer, Second Sword, Warrior's Might, and Swashbuckling. Go fucking nuts.

Sub one for buccaneer, get swashbuckling and max out that and second sword immediately
Get a gladiator and have him sub shogun and get Warrior Might or whatever it was called.
Equip gladiator with best weapons, always turn on warrior might and have Shogunneer just use basic attacks.
Warrior Might is a chase skill that follows every individual action, including swashbuckling chain attacks.
Essentially you'd get at best 26 attacks a turn with that setup, with 10 coming from the Shoguneer, three from the rest of the party, and the other 13 coming from the gladiator.
Add more Gladiator shoguns as you see fit.

I asked earlier, but should I rest my Arbalist for a Zodiac? I have a battery ninja, so TP isn't a problem.
And is Kaishaku worth investing in?

Oh yeah you can use Gun Mastery instead of Katana Mastery, if you like. That way you can do loads of damage in the back-row safely.

>rest
You mean retire. I would say it depends. A Meteor Spamming Zodiac with Charge and a TP Battery is VERY powerful, but again Arbalists are still very strong and hold up quite well.

Even if you're that desperate for elements then it isn't worth it. Most of the enemies that resist physical aren't terribly strong so you can make do with just 1 point in the barrages so you can still damage them. Also swashbuckling just isn't that good on it's own even with second sword unless you're building a whole party around it, with dark ether on tap 5-ring sword will do more damage most of the time so you might as well use that instead if you just want to use a shogun.

I will say that two sword swashbuckling builds limit crazy fast especially with limit boost though if you're into that, I still don't think it's worth it if you're bringing someone with dark ether and zero chasers

What should I sub for a 5 ring build then? Gladiator?

Every physical-based class can benefit from a Gladiator sub because Charge is just really fucking good.

If you want to be super gimmicky you can Shogun/Ninja with as many multiattackers you can possibly get and then Bunshin for double warrior might.

But otherwise Glad is the go-to physical subclass, always.

It's pretty much the best you can do for damage with charge and vow, buc has the swashbuckling synergy and also eagle eye, anything past those is a real stretch like S/N or S/W for primal drums and nothing else

Alright, sick. Where do I get katanas?

Say it with me now everyone!
WE WILL NEVER GET A MODERN CLOTHING DLC

We got an EOIII outfit in #FE, who's to say it won't work the other way round?

Good. It's immersion breaking.

You can unlock a pretty sick one if you get the mother dragon's conditional (kill with petrify/just formaldehyde it) but it's expensive, will probably take multiple gathering runs to afford it

>It's immersion breaking
>What is Medic's labcoat
>What is EO1 Landy's jeans

Labcoats actually make sense in EO's setting somewhat. I can't justify the jeans though.

>#FE
What a shame

which outfit

I really like this series but it seems like the way classes/skills are structured is very awkward.

How so?

but #FE princess outfit is an abomination. maybe even worse than the game itself

Here
It takes a while to get used to, but where it really thrives is when you play around with it, especially with multiple party members so you can customize their roles in the party and how they play off of other characters abilities and attacks.

only in eo3

Without a guide, you're really investing into builds without much knowledge of how the skills operate.

Some classes aren't very cohesive, or fill their niche without being flexible at all.

>legs
Now you know why the DLC is shit

There's something wrong with the face, I can't really quite put my finger on what it is, but it bothers me

>looong proportions

More like only in EO1/2.
>all those stat-ups you're forced to get as requirement for other skills
EO3 is much better in that regard.

So Shaman has twelve talismans. Each talisman has the emblem for a class on it, and the ones we know about are pretty much in order (although Therian is ahead of Lunaria). These two are next to each other at the end.

Secret race confirmed?

A goat/staff/candle symbol and a lizard.

No idea what kind of classes these could be.

>dinosaur girls with huge tats and exposed armpits
Unsure about feelings

Demons and Lizard people confirmed.