DOOM General

Last thread:

First for do not bully the Cacodemons.

Doom Marine seems really, really obsessed with punching them in the eye. What a bully!

What do you guys think of the new Cyber Demon design?

I like the way it moved and fought, but I feel like it's the only design that didn't click with me.

I don't know how any of you find nightmare fun; taking 50 or 100 damage every hit isn't fun at all

don't get hit?

I'm more ok with him than the imps.
I would rather see imps closer to doom1/2

It's the horns for me. If cybie didn't literally have moose antlers he'd look great.

It was okay. Not amazing, but a good design and not shit.

Best re-design was the Pinkie for me. Easily. It went from a cannon fodder enemy into an actual big threat in a fight.

I also really like how they handle the imp AI. They're constantly moving around, avoiding you and only getting into melee if you get too close.

Really I could say the same about all the AI. They all play their part. Hell Knights always rush at you, Mancubi sit at range and do their work and get pissed if you get in their blind spots (flamethrower). Revenants are missile spamming cunts. The Hell Soldier guys are crazy snipers that can be super dangerous.

Cacodemons are by far my most hated enemy to fight up close, though. Their bites do insanely high damage it seems. I probably died to them the most out of any enemy. I'd not notice them sneaking up on me and then they'd bite me to death in an instant.

yeah no that's not happening when I grab an argent cell, a hell knight spawns in the middle of picking it up, and the moment I get out of the menu he does a ground pound and does 100 damage

or when I shoot a dude, he bounces a barrel into my face which explodes before I can react, and I die instantly

or pretty much anything related to "you're stuck in an animation, this is the perfect time to spawn imps right next to you which do 40-50 damage per swipe"

I feel like a blend of the nu Cyberdemon with the doom 3 version might be ideal

Maybe don't get those items til you're done with combat, you need to be thorough in your ass kicking exploits user.

Also I suggest abusing the fuck out of your equipment, it'll save your ass.

Kill everything before interacting with objects.
You don't have to play on nightmare if you're not into it.

>Maybe don't get those items til you're done with combat

that's the thing, I wasn't *in* combat, everything in that area had been dead for a good 10 minutes by then

he just crawled up out of the blue mid-pickup, after I'd cleared out the area twice, and anally thrashed me

>or when I shoot a dude, he bounces a barrel into my face which explodes before I can react, and I die instantly

Why don't you just get immunity to barrels.

It was my first tree I went down for the suit and I never looked back. That immunity is amazing.

>run up to barrels and kick them towards enemies and then shoot them

Makes me fell so bad ass.

why is every enemy a fucking bullet sponge ?

What does /DOOM/ think of the bossfights?
I personally liked them. I think it's one of the few FPS games to do bossfights right.

>no forced cutscene or scripted events to progress fight
>just shoot it until it dies
as it should be

Probably because you suck at headshots or don't know which weapons to use against which enemies.

Don't shoot your heavy assault rifle at hell knights unless its the missiles. Don't shoot the standard shotgun at a mancubus. Etc etc.

use grenades and decoys more often.

Way, way better than I thought they'd be. They were proper battles with a good number of attacks available and no scripted bullshit. Shoot it until it dies, indeed.

Is there actually different weapons that deal with the different Demons more effectively? I understand wanted to use ranged on certain demons and close combat on some but I figured that was it.

>Doom comes out in 2016
>people expect it to be shit because generation of reboots
>multiplayer gets 'meh' reviews
>game comes out
>Campeign is super good.
>everything feels good
>level design is great and feels like it should
>it's fun
>FUN

Is this it? Did they do it?
Did they make a reality where Doom coming back wasn't a massive failure and, in fact, was good?

all rocket launcher
all the time

No, they don't do damage differently, but its just how the weapon ends up playing out that makes it effective.

Though I think the nature of some weapons, like the gauss rifle's secondary area of effect blast, can do stuff like hurt pinkies backsides even though you're in front of them.

Alternatively, blowing up rockets behind them with the remote detonation. Things like that.

>slightly fast game re-invents the entire genre
How far have we fallen. Hopefully Romero's game will actually "reinvent" FPS.

Terrible. Designed with the same shitty alien+bug """aesthetic""" that's been plaguing games for years now.
The pinky is good though.

it's only natural that DOOM stands to save games

So which runes are essential for ultra-nightmare? I'm thinking armored offensive, ammo boost, and maybe saving throw

I agree

Me neither. it looks less demonic and more like a Kaiju from pacific rim.

Doom 1 had the best cyberdemon.

Also the pinkies are a little bit too cartoony for me

also agree. he looks super intimidating when he's standing straight up and silohetted in that one trailer, but not in the rest of the game

Is crashing a known issue? I crashed twice in like ten minutes. Not really encouraging me to keep playing

More of it should have been mechanical.
The one arm being mechanical looks weird.

Also needs more red on it. It's too... brown, I guess? like it needs more color, or at least showing muscle, or cables on its stomach like the original one does, to break up the monotony.

Anyone has any idea why i cant find any god damn SnapMap mp matches ? i always get tossed in a room thats just me sitting there for 10 minutes until finally giving up...

Pinkies are CUTE.

When they slam into the walls and shake their heads and fall on their butts, they're just too damn cute.

You can only have one collectable figurine for your desk
Which one do you chose?

gold one

This one.

HE IS WORTHY!

funny enough it's himself as the mini and game model collectible

Good boss fights in FPS games are always hard to come by, for some reason.

It's almost always either a scripted puzzle, a shitload of enemy waves, or just a particularly overpowered enemy that you'll just start fighting later anyway.

I'm glad to hear Doom 4 is doing the boss concept justice, though.

Can someone help me understand why my 390 gets to 84 celsius while running this game? and my pc gets loud as fuck

Team deathmatch without demons when

crack when ;_;

Or, do someone want to trade doom for a The Division code?.

I ended bankrupt buying a new GPU
>2 weeks later Nvidia announces the 1080
JUST

Hope you got EVGA, they got a trade up program.

MSI

I'm kill, dude.

nevermind just googled it, not that big of a deal for me as long as it's only DOOM.

Kinda funny, I guess you can say DOOM brings fiery hell to my pc.

>SHILLING: The Thread
Jesus, are we letting them get away with this shit?

>they like the game
>must be shills

>tfw enemy team is winning and demon rune spawns right on them 3 times in a row in the same game
Why me

I think Wolfenstein: TNO paved the way to making this a reality. It was a great game and a breath of fresh air for the FPS genre; reviewers and gamers cried out as one "THIS IS GOOD, DO MORE LIKE THIS" and id answered.

Probably because they're a bunch of normie faggots on teamspeak cycling Power Seeker hack modules like tryhards.

>master remote det rockets
>master siege gauss
>master ssg
>nightmare suddenly becomes bearable

well... ok

heh

Was seriously not expecting that boss fight, makes it feel old school too.

What difficulties are you guys facing the most in Nightmare?

I see quite a bit of anons lately that have been expressing their problems and "dislikes" about Nightmare.

>Mixom
>Beavertooth

I did enjoy these little Doom 3 references.

imps and the megaman zombies, they are 90% of my enemy deaths

seriously why are the trash mobs the biggest threats

Because they spam the shit out of those damn fireballs and they take so much damage

Subconsciously underestimating them because they're the first demons you fight at the beginning at the game maybe?

CSG up close will either stagger them or outright kill them. Direct hit from Explosive shot is a guarantee gib tho even on Nightmare, just FYI.

If you're still having difficulties early in the game, I suggest you try and get the Secret weapons early.

Man i kinda wish they did Turok like this. Less gore and more involvement with weapon interactions. Like the Poison arrow from Evolution.
Watching those fuckers puke and roll over or the elites just puke and ready to kick ass was fucking awesome.

The weapon base/mod was kinda neat and reminded me of that but Turok weapons had mostly vastly different mods.

Git gud, learn when and where the demon rune spawns on every map, then when you know it's gonna pop in 20-30 seconds go over there. It's all on a timer.

if you use chaingun kill yourself

kek

There is no honor in TDM, only KDR

I'm at kadingir burrito now

nothing stands up to the SSG/RL love tap combo

I use it because it's broken as fuck and needs a nerf. The best way to get game developers to nerf something is to abuse it until they can't ignore it anymore.

damn cyberdemon.

is he in previous DOOM games?

Is it fun for PS4 or is it just better reserved for PC since its an FPS?

user please.

He's in every Doom game.

FUCK

PINKYS

I don't know if these kind of posts are ironic anymore

Double jump over and aim down with super shotty.

Tricky, but doable.

Why is the Praetor suit so well designed?

assuming they don't hit your toe for full damage

remote detonating their butt is more reliable

Use remote detonate rockets, shoot above their heads

>literally take the master chief suit and spray paint some of it brown

Gotta say I'm really happy with the difficulty level of this game desu

actually how well does the stunner plasma work on pinkies? seems like a perfect counter but I'm not yet past kadingir

>master chief suit

Battletech would like to have a word with you.

looks nothing like masterchief

It's called the Mark VI Mjolnir armor you faggots

CAN THE GREEN POWERSUIT=MASTER CHIEF MEME PLEASE DIE ALREADY

Srsly, Doom4guy looks more like Samus Aran than Master Chief if you're gonna try comparing him to anything.

>those lats

damn son

Is doom 3 even worth a playthrough after this game?

I've never played Doom 3, only Doom 1 and 2

Not really, pirate it if you must

>Walk into bathroom stall
>Toilets autoflush

Lel

how do I switch grenades

Go check the bindings?

just found out it's f1 f2, jesus christ I went the whole game with only regular frags, I didn't even know there was a clone and siphon grenade.

Will I be able to get stable 60fps with a GTX 670?

I don't really care if it makes things look like garbage, I just want to know if I'll actually be able to get that with the settings provided.

What's your favorite gun in the game.

With the final upgrade it's so fucking good.

Is that a statement or a question?

Any PS4 players here or is it all PC here?

There's like two people on ps4.

Playing fps games with a controller is bad and shameful, especially this game.

Because a demon made it.

Xbox here m8

Single player missions are kinda long, still on level 10/13.

I definitely see replay ability, when do you guys think mods will start kicking in for cool maps and shit?

I know I'm not going to spend time learning and trying to make good maps for snapmap

Hopefully someone is

We're all just kind of sitting here assuming someone is going to work hard to make good snapmap content and wondering when it's going to be ready for us to play