/ps2g/ - Planetside 2 general

Assimilation Edition
--
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-5-5.240448/
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-5-3.240391/
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-update-4-30.240301/
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-4-28.240178/#post-3389244
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-4-27.240151/#post-3388875
--
>What is this game?
pastebin.com/baxwRMDg (embed)
>How do I play?
pastebin.com/CWn3VQJD (embed)
>How do I play? (advanced)
pastebin.com/p0ZwzqSu (embed)
>Tweaks and optimizations
pastebin.com/MEqFBUut (embed)
>Weapon stats and vehicle weapons
pastebin.com/341Dv7Y6 (embed)
>Weapons chart some user made
i.imgur.com/HOdhWox.png (embed)
>How does the construction system work?
planetside2.com/news/construction-system-guide-ps2-2016

Previously

Other urls found in this thread:

ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=awyattmann
ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=VanuYouToo
melbalabs.com/?search=VanuYouToo&getrank=&winpct=&top=#search
youtube.com/watch?v=JmqNqEkY9Qw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for ded game

this edition sucks

enlarge the OP image

fuck off mom

what the fuck is that

WTF did they do to this game? I've just came back after 4 or 5 months of not playing and MY FUCKING GOD THE GAME IS TERRIBLE. Like, waaay worse than it ever was.

Battle rifles are generally mediocre. They're just too inaccurate. Take the burst variant rifles if you want good long range, they're much more user friendly.

Terran vehicle meta whiners got their way

>spoopy OP
pls no

Minecraft.

It stagnates frontlines, and leaves little incentive to actually fight the bases in anything other than a tank.

Basically, you just get tank zergs even more severe than before. Occasionally you can get a nice base built in a way that forces infantry assault - these ones can be pretty fun, but the attackers get absolutely farmed hard, so half the time don't bother with a proper assault. There's no real strong reward for it, to validate the getting farmed.

Reddit praises it as the update that saved the game with "combined arms" - it's just a nail in the coffin though. Air is useless against anything other than an infant base, and infantry have no place beyond cheesing the centre-core with c4.

>I've just came back after 4 or 5 months of not playing
>waaay worse

getting raped like newfag eh?

ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=awyattmann

Didn't expect that playername to be in use. Should've known better.

Any suggestions on a good all around TR Medic rifle? I'm sitting on a pile of certs since the double exp weekend and I'm looking to cash in.

>good all around
T1 Cycler, dude
TAR if you want something fresh
TORQ if you want more of the same
SABR if you want freaky wild sex tonight

I bought the SABR. Almost went for T1B. Almost. I'm suprised the forward grip is 200 certs though.

T1B is the SABR's less attractive sister.

>I'm suprised the forward grip is 200 certs though.
Advanced grip. All the adv attachments are 200, since they used to require a regular version bought first.

No shit? The more you know. Thanks user. I'm going to give it a spin.

Speaking of weapon siblings, the KSR-35?
It's supposedly a 99SV without high mag sway scopes or straight pull bolt, but I've always found the scope sway a huge pain to begin with...

T1B is better than the SABR in every way

for retarded faggots, maybe

lol

Who gives a shit. I just feel bad for all those kills I stole from my teammates just now. I'm happy with it. Thanks for the recomendation.

Have fun with it, dude. SABR is funky.

biolabs have big legs on them right ok so what if there was a continent where each faction got a biolab they could pilot and walk around instead of a warp gate

vanu use dildos instead of guns right ok so what if vanu got fucked

I want to max stalker cloak and buy OHK knife but I got a feeling I would regret it desu

I want tanks to leave this game

t: infil fag

I want tanks, any air except for valk and gal, snipers, mines, jackhammer, HA shields, dildars and cloakers in general to leave this game.

>Terran vehicle meta whiners got their way

I wonder which tank absolutely melts bases within seconds...

T1 is the best all round gun in the game, but if you want something different and like to shoot people in the head get TORQ

>you will never walk a Biolab around a map and force zergs to attack it so you can defend it all day erryday

Why even play

>T1 is the best all round gun in the game
That's not how you spell GRB or T1B.

What's the most UP weapon for vanu so I can gitgud with it.

Also r8 8/8 how much of a shitter am I?
ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=VanuYouToo

The flare

use melbalabs

post memescore

Lol

Heavy Assault is no fun, not UP enough.

play engineer and use the worst pistol

melbalabs.com/?search=VanuYouToo&getrank=&winpct=&top=#search

Like this?

Infinite ammo is too OP use ether LA with no c4, drifter jets and pistols or stalker infil with knife/crossbow.

you're a shitter
very much so
that being said, great job on not falling into the info trap. way too many new guys start bolt shitting because it's the only way they can get kills, and then just keep bolt shitting forever.

aim better

yeah sure

>Search results for player rank of vanuyoutoo:
>Ranked at 21117 which is better than 90.799% of ALL players. Ranked 1407 on Briggs.

congrats user, you're better than 90% of the people you're playing with

>the info trap
meant "infil"
fucking phone

t. shitter

ah, my favorite meme

your resolution?

to kill all vanus

experiencing planetside as it was meant to be experienced is no meme my friend

>meme
>everything is a meme

it's a bug

it's a feature

it's a bird
it's a plane

with a meme resolution in a refresh rate from the late 1900s with less than 144 FPS? i don't think so

It's Papa Vanu!

meme

save us higby

Jesus fucking christ take your shitty nasally challenged minuscule image and cram it in your burger chute.

>tfw working on a roof next to a place that does fucking amazing burgers for the next three weeks

i'm gonna need that bonus check

skyguard buff when?

>mfw libs are literally the hard counter to skyguards
oh well, back to blowing up mans

It worth dropping the 500 certs on 3x scope for the dalton? Seems like the level of scope only needed for render-range "hover here and collect certs" bullshittery.

the feel when you hover 15 meters above a skyguard in your shredder lib

So. How to git gud?

Seems like every time I end up in 1v1, I get few hits in, then opponent wrecks me. Using shotgun with slugs, since sucked even more with carbine.

Should I lower mouse sensitivity or something?

aim heads
click heads

If you can't aim at heads, lower your sensitivity

you should probably use something other than a shotgun

Okay, thanks. Guess I'll get grip and compensator on default guns and try to get a hang of aiming better.

aim better

What form should a skyguard buff take, anyway? Just straight up improved damage against large air vehicles, improved cone of fire for long distance shooting?

increased DPS against larger air vehicles
should be able to make libs think twice about flying up point blank and nosegunning anyone they like
say if an air vehicle got within 100 meters of a skyguard the flak should double or triple in damage compared to 500 meters

>say if an air vehicle got within 100 meters of a skyguard the flak should double or triple in damage compared to 500 meters
why not just slap on a giant flak shotgun?

How do I Lancer?

It's not hitscan, it still fires a projectile and you still need to lead the target

it annihilates harassers and is the #1 best anti-harasser weapon in the game

used in groups it is hands down THE best anti-vehicle weapon in the game. It's also great at killing maxes, and is all-around a better anti-max weapon than the dedicated anti-material rifle that was designed for killing maxes.

charge
aim
shoot
cover
move
repeat

what is your sensitivity (turn distance, hip and aim)?
also obligatory
>aim better

point and click, use the charged shot if you're having trouble hitting with all 6 basic shots in a row

>one sky guard can easily change targets and cover a vast area, it shouldn't be able to take down an esf alone let alone a liberator
this level of skyknight rage against G2A

DON'T single shot it all the time like alot of pubs do, they think plinking 3 single shots has the same power/damage as one charged shot. this is false as far I know.

Charging also adds velocitto the "projectile", because it's not actually hitscan.

>rework skyguard to be almost a shotgun, xboxhueg CoF (range significantly reduced) but fucking melts air up close (i.e. even odds against a frontal tankbuster lib)
>add another AA lightning gun, walker-tier accuracy/bullet speed but lower DPS
y/n

plinking with single shots is the fastest way to unload dps on targets, but charging is very convenient for when turrets/tonks have their crosshairs lined up where your head last popped up

n

skybabby shitties will sulk and the devs will reward them some new farming implement in exchange most likely

>velocitto

velocity

velocitto sounds italian as fuck

>walker-tier accuracy/bullet speed but lower DPS
Why the fuck wouldn't I just pull something with a real walker, then?

shitters think buses are clunky (they really are not if you know how to drive), and lightnings are much tankier than molesters

good point

I've seen ANTs outrunning angry lightnings which didn't cert into racer, 5/5 bretty gud

youtube.com/watch?v=JmqNqEkY9Qw
>skyshitters will defend this

It's bullshit. The zepher should just be straight up the anti-infantry weapon. It feels wrong to meme on lightnings with it. At least with the shredder or dalton - you can feel justified. You took the weapon designed to kill tanks to the situation with tanks. With the zepher, you're just an infantry farmer who still somehow maintains tank killing power - you pulled the weapon with the sole aim to farm mans, and then you're still plenty able to take out tanks. It's just cheesy.

t. liberator skyshitter

aircraft in this game are literally the anti-everything weapon

second best anti-air gun in the game is the fucking liberator's dalton. The same gun that's meant for killing ground vehicles and tanks.

Meanwhile ESF's farm the shit out of every 1-12 infantry fight they can get their grubby jewish hands on.

>AV prowlering
>turn a corner, see a stealth NC skyguard, V6, leave it be and drive past it
>dumb cunt starts shooting me
>fill his ass with AP
fucking morons

I find it amusing how many hate tells you can get in a lib. It's the vehicle that seems to upset people up like nothing else. Even more tells than wraith flashes.

I dunno whether it's the fact that it lets you meme on the traditional memers who aren't used to such a memeing (ie, taking an AA lib to an ESF swarm, killing tanks in half a second, tankbustering MAX's, tankbustering ESF's, etc), or just the fact it's airborne and perceived to be "farm chariot deluxe" - but people get so riled up.

It's beautiful.

Why people dont use harasser with PPA?

lol

VS refuse to use anything unless it's blatantly OP.

Some of the new influx of players are using it

I don't like the vanu default carbine, which other option is commonly used?

Also, which upgrade levels are recommended for ammo pack, suit slots etc?
I have everything on ~3, but the later upgrades seem to be too expensive for what they do.

it's bad that's why

if you don't like the default you won't like any of them
there's some variation in the guns, but they're all very similar desu
always run nanoweave if you're bad
always

Pulsar C for longer range engagements, Serpent for close range. For nanoweave and flak, 2nd to last level should be an early goal, ammo pack doesn't really matter since you can just throw another one if it expires.

Don't listen to >if you don't like the default you won't like any of them

People send you tells after being killed by something that literally lets the driver get shot off by small arms?

>finally able to get a new computer soon
>come back
>hear shit about air
Have the pilots gotten their shit pushed in by balance?
If so, that's fucking hilarious. Even since the original planetside, pilots have been the worst players.

t. shitter