/kspg/ Kerbal Suspect Program General

>1.1.2 is even buggier
edition

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing? (out of date)
Modified versions of popular mods are being included in the stock game while the game engine is being upgraded to its latest version. The next major update (1.1) is supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U. They seem to be rushing for an imminent deadline and they are also working on a version of the game that will be obsolete in a few weeks/months.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LHqLz9ni0Bo
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/why12sc8rdoybed/RLA_ProbeParts105.zip?dl=0
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/
spacedock.info/
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/
ksp.olex.biz/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Yl9IVYO7_Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=nNtJH8Io5I0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZsavkLMH8Cc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Previous thread: >Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=LHqLz9ni0Bo

>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ

>FAQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE

>Game site
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/

>KSP mods
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0 (RLA probe parts, /kspg/ exclusive)
dropbox.com/s/why12sc8rdoybed/RLA_ProbeParts105.zip?dl=0 (1.0.5 probe parts)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c (forum mod list)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/ (mod subforums)
spacedock.info/ (community mod repository)

>Flags
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0

>Party-approved rendezvous and docking tutorials
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg

>Some useful calculators
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/ (doesn't work w/ new aero)
ksp.olex.biz/ (phase angle calculator, for planning trips to other planets)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map (deltaV map)

>Official forum
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png

>Official /kspg/ fan fiction
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if

>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

snek, BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, TRUMP 2016, abu ali al-scatterer-khan, yuri, and planes are also welcome ITT. Turning the thread to shit and ruining the thread's comfiness is not.

I kinda want to jerk off but I dont wanna put in the effort.

Hullo!

year of the linux desktop

Delete this.

I'll probably cook this in the morning since it isn't much different from the egg sandwich I've been cooking for breakfast for years.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yl9IVYO7_Hg

Im not a brit so I'll sub that salad cream with miracle whip.

Damn, I have never heard of this guy before but I like the stuff he has on his channel. Going to try some of these for sure!.

Thanks for showing, user. (:

H U L L O

Reminder that you're living in Maxmaps' false paradigm of fraud and embezzlement until you discover for yourself what a True Paradigm for KSP looks like.

I'm also gonna be using romaine lettuce instead of arugula. never though of cucumbers or drizzling the bread with olive oil, that shit should be delicious. Like I said his recipe isn't much different from my own, but I never used cucumbers. For the the mayo I make just used salt, pepper, basil, miracle whip,mustard, and lemon juice. I use paprika and onions as well, like he does. I hard boil eggs differently but our results look exactly the same.

His stuff looks a lot more delicious, though.

>142466383
Avatarfagging flooders get ignored.

Hullo!

Stop with your faggy animu images

stop trying to ruin the thread's comfiness

Play that witch trainer game. You'll want to put in the effort after a while. Then again half an hour later. Maybe even once more, if you're an animal, trust me. Just don't fall for the tutoring quest, you grind 10k coins for nothing.

O EM GEE

I played that game a while ago. That shit drained so much of my mana. I may give it another go.

Check his blog for proper measurements of everything. His videos show you how things should look but the blog gives you the proper measures.

I love how he chows down on the food at the end of every video.

Will do! Thanks, friend.

But for now we've finished dinner and it's 2am so I think it's time for us to put on a movie and cuddle into bed.

Goodnight, everyone.

goodnight

Goodnight animu faget

>tfw no qt lesbo gf to cuddle and watch a movie with.

good night /kspg/

>tfw

>tfw no qt lesbo gf to snogg.

>tfw no qt satch lesbo gf to snog

>tfw no qt gf to hold hands

>Not wanting a qt lesbo gf

>tfw never know how real lesbos sleep together.

>tfw no lesbo satch gf to find out with

>tfw satch is sleeping with Yuri right now.

the f-18 is a slut

i've always wondered, why does it have that filename?

what are sounds of the drone?

>that garbled 404 in the distance

I just realized.

let's get LEGO(tm) to make a space-game... (like KSP but with LEGO(tm) Minifigures(tm) and LEGO(tm)-bricks instead of parts and Kerbals)

nasty vg o fuck

is there a way to get kerbin's atmosphere to extend forever
i want to fly a jet to the moon

You can use Kopernicus to make Kerbin's atmosphere stay the same throughout it's SoI
It wouldn't go beyond that or go inside the Mun or Minmus' SoI unless you gave them atmospheres too, though

Also, keep in mind that if you do this you'll have to do it without timewarp, and have to go slow enough to not burn up the whole time

When you look in the dictionary, that sentence is what appears beneath the word "hell"

why is humblebundle always so fucking shit

Open up KSP, load up a jet, and try to circumnavigate Kerbin as close to sea level as you can, as fast as you can
Three times
That's about how long it'd take

Granted, it wouldn't be as bad when you can just target the Mun, get it to stay pointed there, get the throttle at more or less the right point, and then just sit there

Man I love how there's THAT discussion

>circumnavigate Kerbin
>Three times
That's in the constitution under "Examples of cruel and unusual punishment"

Well, that's just how long it'd take
It wouldn't be as bad when you can just go make a sandwich and shitpost a little while you're doing it

Alt 0153. Remember it.

24!

Saved the picture.
What now?

youtube.com/watch?v=nNtJH8Io5I0

Page 10 eh? Sounds like it's paradigm time.

Hey real talk when the fuck are we going to fix the 1.1 paragraph in the OP

I knew you all were lazy fucks, but that lazy?

Win10 or win8.1?

>implying 8.1 won't just surprise you with an update to 10 one day soon

well, last time I was the OP was 2 years ago.

>sgreenshot

Proposed OP update:

>1.1.2 is even buggier
edition

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing? (out of date)
Modified versions of popular mods are being included in the stock game while the game engine is being upgraded to its latest version. The most recent update (1.1) was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving some of these goals, the game is now more unstable than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

That seems reasonable

All in favor? All opposed?

Let's skip the voting drama, if anyone feels strongly, just say so out loud.

We want to make sure all time zones have had a chance to voice their opinions before we go about changing it.

Looks okay to me.

>the game is now more unstable than ever

This couldnt be more wrong for me, and I play on a toaster with windows.

I know Mac and Linux users got a shit game, but the game is as stable as it has ever been for me and I got some performance improvements too.

Uh, I've heard of lots of windows users having the same issues.

Citation needed, friendo,

Citation needed of what you retard? That my game doesn't crash?

Are you asking us to just take your word? How are we supposed to believe you without the proofs?

Well, your "proof" of the contrary is a "I've heard of lots of windows users..." Which is as valid as me saying that my game doesn't crash.

If you want to discuss, fine, but if you are going to reject everything that doesn't agree 100% with your proposal then go to hell

how is he going to prove his game is stable?
are you high?

>arguing with MAN

r8 my Reichsflugscheibe. Note the part count.

In flight. It still hurts my autism that lights only reveal their light color on the illuminated surface. These lights are green.

There is no proofs

Where is the proofs?

Angry user FUCK OFF so this is his new thing where he puts words in my mouth... this is what I get for going into low posting mode.

Well angry user, since you asked so nicely, shall we discuss the false paradigm?

Guy who wrote the OP edit here - Out of curiosity, are you seeing any crashes from playing with the change root part feature, or any issues with landing legs and wheels? I was also referring to issues with those, since I considered them to be fairly major features, and myself and a good number of other people have had them basically kill the game because of how broken they act at present.

I would have loved to have had this while tripping.

No crashes at all for me with 20-30 mods (but I hardly ever got crashes since .24 or something so I'm probably just lucky), I only used wheels for basic planes and they were indeed quite fucked because they overstressed a lot and exploded. No major problems with landing legs tho.
An I have yet to use the root part button so I can't speak for that.

How about visual artifacting? My SPH is unusable.

How about long distance physics? I'm finding it easier to invoke the kraken.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsavkLMH8Cc

I have been playing on low settings since I bought the game so it has always looked like shit to me.

No kraken issues so far

pew pew desu

my graphics card throws artifacts if i play on anything besides low as well.

Well, if I played ksp. I usually just rubberneck updates. There is no real gameplay, so getting invested feels like an exercise in self-mutilation.

That's not Sins Of A Solar Empire, is it?

Hi satch
Done fucking yuri?

Sucks to be you, I'm still having fun with KSP

>snapped bottom tooth keeps hitting off the top of my mouth making eating a pain, even though it was fine until recently
FUCK
YOU

>bottom tooth
>top of my mouth
Are you a boar? Or Lisa Simpson who didn't get braces?

top of my mouth is really "hitting my top teeth"
anger is not known to be a good intellectual stimulant.

go to a fucking dentist, user.

dental plan

i'm going to have to eventually but this should solve itself when one of the snapped parts falls off.

should.

So wait, what is it now? The bottom teeth or top teeth?
Just draw a figure.

Stellaris.

>implying only she plays it
I wonder if she stops by here

do you have to take a plane to see a dentist user? go to the fucking dentist.

the bottom tooth is snapped in two parts, both still in the gum.

when i chew, moving the bottom teeth upwards, they contact the top teeth and are compressed, moving the broken part and causing a noticeable and uncomfortable sensation of motion that forces me to cease chewing.

the drawing is just an illustrative example [the way it's split in real life is different but it'd be far harder to illustrate accurately, this just demonstrates the problem.]

my teeth are so bad that it's quite possible i would have to.
but they aren't in pain and this problem will resolve itself eventually.

also there is a reasonable chance a dentist would want to kidnap me for teaching purposes.

Hullo HoldYourFire.

see a fucking dentist before you die of a fucking infection

he honestly already sounds like a lost cause