/dsg/ - Dark Souls General

Kiss the Sorcerer Edition

Hollowed How to get autosummon covenants to work: steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119111456394/

>/dsg/ Player List
pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
>/dsg/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral
>Draw
doodleordie.com/r/darksouls
imgur.com/a/XhBxC (DeS)
collageanon.imgur.com/
flockmod.com/dsg

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/h1etMh8E

>Essential PC mods
pastebin.com/XwL5KDhB
youtube.com/watch?v=cvII-WJWo5s

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4h537m/all_parrying_tools_frame_data_tldw_inside/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Wam2hFSG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What rings you got /dsg/?

Mostly doing this to see if there's more variations than there were in Dark Souls 2.

Someone give me a link to the most cancerous estoc/dark sword build possible.

I want to invade people in Carthus with a bleed build, is this good?
Anything i should change?

Leo, Hornet, Prisoners Chain, Ring of Favor.

I wanna fuck Dragonsis.

Favor+2, Chloranthy+2, Prisoner's, Hornet.

Why run anything else?

The hair selection in the character creator is the goofiest shit I think I've ever seen in my life.

tf

Recommendations for a faith build? Is 60 FTH worth it for lightning spears or do i just stay at 30 and make a buff build instead?

Lightning spears are so cool, i want them to be good ;..;

THANK YOU

The goggles people have on are fucking ridiculous. None of you are ever happy with any game when it comes out and then immediately retcon it to being wonderful in your mind when the next one is released.

I miss OP lightening from DS2 pre-patch.

Sage Ring
Darkmoon Ring
Witch's Ring
Prisoner's Chain

Change the flynn ring for something else because it dosen't do anything when you have more than 30 equip load

Leo is a good replacement for Chloranthy if you can get any use out of it.

What would you suggest?

>want to invade outside of watchers
>only have like 2 good looking chest pieces for this helmet
what do?

Holy shit, sliders work regardless of gender.

Here I was, wasted hours trying to make fuccboi when I can just copy and paste.

>carthus bloodring

you disgust me

Ring of Favor all day everyday

Guys what are some weapons that would compliment the Red Hilted Halberd?

I was thinking of running RHH, Astora GS and possibly something else.

>PS4
>90% gank squads are from US

Any natural bleed weapon + carth rouge is a good bleed build.

Don't even need hollowing/luck, it only improves the bleed proc by 1, maybe 2 hits. Carthus rouge is just that good.

Need help with prince bros plz~
Platform PC
SL 69
Password wewlads

is bleed viable on a quality build? What weapon and infusion would you use?

Teamwork is dreamwork.

what weapon do you use early on on pyromancy char?

im struggling without a melee weapon, not everything can be orbed down

Don't believe him. BB has best pvp. He just suck.

I tried making a dark skinned waifu.

Also dried fingered invasions while in the way of blue is pretty fun.

:^3

Estoc or Balder Swag Sw- I mean Lothric Knight Sword

Prisoner's, FAP, Hornet Ring, Steel Protection, Leo, or Chloranthy

Rho Aias

anyone sl42-72 want to help me rip off kalameet's tail? No signs here even with DSCM

How does the Parrying Dagger compare to buckler/target shield?

I've had little luck parrying with it, so it seems like it might have fewer parry frames? Or they are earlier/later than the shields? Any hard numbers?

Carthus milkring
Favor
Knight ring
Prisioner's chain

Great Swamp, Sage, Witch's and Fire Clutch on my SL 100 Pyro. Knight's, Prisoner's Chain, Steel Protection and Havel's Ring on my Lothric Halberdier. Prisoner's Chain, Lightning Clutch, Steel Protection and Havel's Ring on my Lothric Knight Greatsword build I just started working on. I can't remember the other seven loadouts but I'm pretty sure they're all fairly similar, I'm not ingame right now to check them all

delicious raw ass

Oh, and on my mage build I just run the good shit

Sage, Young+Bellowing Dragon, and Magic Clutch.

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4h537m/all_parrying_tools_frame_data_tldw_inside/

I think this is pretty reliable

ricards any good on a dex build?

seems like ti has almost the exact same base damage and scaling as regular rapier

parry frame length hasnt been datamined yet unless i just havent found it but parry total frames durations has and parrying dagger is garbage

coming

Fap, hornet, prisoner chain and obscuring ring

Dick-ass thief reporting in

Just died 1 sec~

Yup i used the same sliders of my female (female) Knight for my male (female) Knight

What are the best Straight Swords in the game?

tears is MVP for invasions desu

No.

DO IT SOLO
I BELIEVE IN YOU

Dork Sword, Lothric.

that image hits my right in the feels

>all these tools for a stealthy thief
>daggers are terrible

Cloranthy, hornet, fap, havel.

1. Get Astora Straight Sword, make it raw. It will serve you for almost the entire game. When you get Lightning Infusions, make a Lightning Longsword as your side weapon.
2. Lighting Spear and Great Lightning Spear are both mediocre as hell, but Sunlight Spear is decent.However, it will behave like a melee spell rather than long range spell. It seems to lose like 40% damage when it doesn't hit at point blank range. You also basically need Ring of the Firstborn, Morne's Ring and Lightning Clutch ring to do any real damage. You get it for 800-1100 at point blank.
3. Because you'll be using Lighting Spears like a melee weapon, use the Sunlight Talisman and its weapon art.

Overall, it's kind of not worth it, but hitting people for 90% of their life and finishing them off with a swing is so satisfying.

ever heard anyone say anything about the great lance. Any gud? ThinkIng about infusing it with heavy

reposting
>my dad works at From

- first DLC is Carthus of the Sands
- connects from the back of Cathedral of the Deep rather than the Catacombs
- opening area is a thick sandstorm (ala Lloyce frontiers) over duney area (use piles of skeletons to guide the way until you reach a sihlouette of a great pyramid)
- more zombie-like/fleshy versions of the skeleton guys from catacombs
- egypt vibes, but you know, tasteful
- at the top of the pyramid you trigger a boss battle with a giant Carthus Sand Worm, like ginormous, easily the biggest boss yet
- after killing it the sandstorm ends and the pyramid disappears like a mirage
- go inside the dead sandworm for the next area
- trypophobia grotesque shit (scratching my arms right now)
- eventually reach a chamber which is a boss battle
- Curious Magnate, looks like a smaller midget Nito without a cloak, uses mirages illusions and backstabs you
- Carthus venerated the dead, especially Nito "the First"
- created the Mound Makers or something to do with them
- didn't get to see any more
- plenty of untextured unpolished shit

lel

It's shit, m8. Sorry. I was disappointed, too.

ok, top of the stairs before twins

The only tricky part of soloing the twin princes is if your build doesn't have decent endurance to roll roll roll poke roll

I hope it's not another epic parry one shot, but I know it is epic parry one shot

It has a weird parry window, somewhere in the middle of the animation. As you can see in the Reddit post, the window is 14th frame which (in my experience) is more or less immediately after the little "twist" you do with it. I've actually found it easier to parry with for some enemies than the Caestus, but that's not reliable advice for someone trying to pick their weapons.

Might as well use a Caestus for the quicker parry or a shield for the block since the PD offhand doesn't even have an aux attack or anything.

Why do I have the need to collect every single item in every area? It's making me not enjoy the game because every area takes so fucking long to clear.

Anyone else have the same problem? I like totally have OCD or something.

Fucking figures . Tbh I'm not surprised at all

It looks so cool

Thanks senpai

k

>Havel
The damage absorption/defense weight ratio in this game is so bad that the ring of steel protection kicks havel's ring ass in every possible combination.

Warden twinswords is the go-to meme build.

I like bandit's knife and manakin claws for their low stam cost and ez rolling attacks. Just keep slapping and eventually they'll pop.

They all work fine whatever your stats/infusion are. It's just bonus damage on top of the 33% bleed procs you'll be serving out.

The teleport lock-on break is annoying as fuck. I swear he feint-teleports just so that his swing switches up right into your rolls.

why carthus of all things?

Thanks family ;3

>dagger/caesuts/target
>fail to parry third hit R1 SS mash 90% of time after 1.06

>Desert area
Zzzz fucking boring

What makes it garbage, specifically? Like I'm not disagreeing, and I've found it to be garbage genrally, but I guess I just don't understand the mechanics enough to put my finger on what about it makes me angry (other than it seeming to be a straight-up inferior way of parrying to target shields)

I mostly use it for the fashion but I was thinking of respecing more points into vit.

>bloodring
fgt

so you wouldn't say the bleed infusion is worth it vs refined?

>invade anor londo
>gank squad
>fag with a havel shield and rapier in front on the inside stairs, guy with bows and spells in back.
>die twice to this.
>third time
>they have a blue berry but a previous invader has left them out of position.
>play scared with hair tailsman and sacred flame ready to blow the blue berry up.
>begin casting sacred flame
>host appears from behind the blue berry and gets in front trying to block me to protect his blue berry friend.
>mfw killing him and getting to drop a prism stone on his body.

obs was recording my browser for some reason. I fucking hate everything.

No theyre pretty fine user, it just takes some patience and practice, that and hope you dont run into 4v1 all the time

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Wam2hFSG

Sorry dont have a webm atm but this is a example

If I have 30% absorption in thrust that means it shaves off 30% thrust damage after defense calculations right vs players and enemies?

literally haven't had a desert area in any souls game

Swap havels with RoSP then use medium weight armor, respec for more HP and you're gucci.

bleed infusion is bad because you can't use it combo'd with carthus rouge

How do I become a god at parrying? I wanna be able to parry the world. There's something about that parry sounds that makes my cock erect every time. I am a self-proclaimed parry addict.

You do that by increasing the game speed and then lowering the player's speed. Makes your stamina regenerate faster but you'll definitely need it

>SL54
>Die to the Outrider Knight in Undead Settlement

I swear to Christ they are the worst mob ever to exist in a Souls game. I'd take Brainsuckers over these fuckers any day.

The parry window is four frames later in the animation than the Caestus (as an example), meaning that you have to react quicker to the attack than you would with the Caestus. Parrying is odd enough in this game compared to DaS' quick parrying, it's just easier to have a faster-responding parry on hand.

Plus the dagger is just worse than a target shield which has more damage absorption if you need to use it as a real shield in a pinch. You can bless/simple both, so the only reason to go with the dagger is style points.

I literally hate desert areas
Its just a personal opinion, dude
Use caestus or target shields, that's it, the closest thing to dark souls 1 parrying

Use shield

circle right

aaah okay I didn't know that, thanks.

is there a way to dupe items?

ive been farming proof of the shitstain for 3 hours and only 1 dropped with 474 luck

help

>I'm bad so that must mean the game is bad

Outrider knights are like the only mob in the entire series that you can't just r1 spam or backstab cheese and I see so many people whining about them. Fuck off.

>summoned as blue
>"Dark spirit has returned home"

How about you go dueling at pontiff if you only want "honorabu 1vs1" duels? Or were you looking to fuck over newbies with your epic twink oneshot build?
End yourselves, my men.

Just lure it to the elevator hole, it'll fall in.

Bullshit I had at least 3 drop per hour and that was with 350 item find

Why do you need the darkmoon blade so much? Just use lightning blade.

>Pontiff Right Eye
>Cloranthy
>Ring of Favor
>Red Tearstone
Drang Hammers a fun

What's best crossbows? Currently using arbalest

do the manikan claws have the same parry frames as the caestus?

"BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE TO PLAY BY MY RULES AS I FORCE MY WAY INTO THEIR GAME!"