/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

Cosplay soon edition
old How to get autosummon covenants to work: steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119111456394/

>/dsg/ Player List
pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
>/dsg/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral
>Draw
doodleordie.com/r/darksouls
imgur.com/a/XhBxC (DeS)
collageanon.imgur.com/
flockmod.com/dsg

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

just chug divine blessings like Creighton

Do the evangelists say "come to mama" or am i hearing it wrong?

EHEEHEEHEEHEE

Yeah... as someone who loves Irithyll as a place to invade, I'm getting sick of ganks I can't just out-gear and wreak. It's hard to pull off a parry when you are managing the stamina pool of an ultra weapon.

Come to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How do you trigger the kill orbeck quest

Talk to yuria when he arrives
If you wait too long she no longer asks you to kill him

Is there anything more cancer than black knight glaive?

Bring him to the Shrine and talk to Yuria. But don't you dare!

What are the chances someone can drop me an Untrue Dark Ring? Yoel died before I talked to him on my first (blind) playthrough, and there's not enough time to rush into it on NG+ before the FC

Anything wrong except for the r1 weapon art combo?

people who spam parry for no reason.

I just want that morion blade on this bleed character

I don't like killing NPCs generally

whats the point of spears and pikes if meme dex weapons like washing pole are just as long, faster, and do more damage? is this just based FROM balancing that is beyond mortal understanding?

what do evangelists say before cleanse the bastards curse? there is a word there but I don't understand it

PFFFFFTT

I guess you haven't fought havels shield buffed estocs yet?

"I'll"

I really know the feeling. Ganks are a titanic effort to win in this game.

It's satisfying but fucking exhausting when every second invasion is one. That and the ridiculous amount of people who seed or disconnect on death just makes me wish I didn't have to put such an effort into taking out players hiding behind waves of phantoms.

It's not worth it man. Orbeck is too good for this. Just get a Carthus Curved Sword. You can just walk away.

Gank squads where they all try parry you.

You WILL fuck up eventually.

It takes nearly the entire game, but if you do his questline normally (give all scrolls, buy all his spells and summon him for the Twin Princes fight) he ends up dying in the Grand Archives so you can get his Ashes there. As long as you hold off on doing the marriage ceremony, you can get the Morion Blade without killing him yourself.

>he hasn't fought Greatshield of Glory with Magic Shield
You cannot do stamina damage to someone with this.

I dont think summoning him is a requirement

Why is every covenant leader thing either dead, silent, or an inanimate object?
How come when Irina becomes a firekeeper she moves to that tower and sits in there in complete darkness, offers the same level up services as the firekeeper, and for some reason doesn't let you talk to her anymore?
Why they fuck was that dead fat fuck being guarded by those 2 alligator dogs in a pit of water behind an illusory wall?

I've already done the marriage ceremony

I'm not getting any sorceries on this character and I haven't even got him in firelink yet

Yeah, like I actively added a fellow invader who came and helped me just to say thanks. I'm normally happy to just move along but the satisfaction of wiping out 4 phantoms with his help was fucking godly.

At this point I'm just building and building to try and find the best invasion build that wasn't my luck cleric with Anri's. I want to have fun invading but fuck, they make me work for it.

the R2 R1 weapon art combo
havel's shield isn't even all that good, the other one is much better, the big black one that isn't black iron

signfiicantly more stability

WHAT
LIKE THIS?
because I stomped this kiddo
nothing personel ofcourse

>guy invades my buddy and I
>he parry spams us and eventually catches my buddy
>I kick him

For the first time, I am happy my controller fudged something up

>tfw just beat pontiff for the first time
holy fuck I do not want to go through that again

I mean there's Yorshka I guess...

2deep4u

t. Hackitaka Miyahacki

You can do the marriage, get the usurp the flame ending and THEN buy all his spells and give his ashes to Yuria so long as you didn't summon her for the Soul of a Cinder fight. She only dies after you summon her for that.

I wish DaS3 wasn't so ass. Only way to save the game is if the DLCs have a LOT of content.

How did the dried finger work exactly, it allowed for 1 more invader than usual + more likely to be invaded?

Was thinking of doing a run where i stay fingered/embered all the way from start to finish, only progressing when i'm embered.
Not sure if i should include wearing WoB to give blues some charity work, or just save it for zones with area defense covenants.

>beat him first try
>up to him second playthrough
>instead of being confident I'm terrified

I guess to go along with the theme of fire fading/world collapsing

That's why anor londo looks abandoned and ruined, and old characters dead

Idk I'm talking out my ass

>9527

Anyone know if there's a moveset swap table for DaS3 yet?

going to try giving Warcry to some other weapons

I want to kiss Gwyndolin in the mouth!

I've got an extra one. Just let me know where to sign and pass.

I'll have to try that next time; I'd read that he needed to be summoned.

I was under the impression that the marriage ceremony ended your chance of turning in his ashes. Good to know.

I'm having heaps of fun with it

maybe you had weird expectations/are burnt out on souls

>+10
>+10
WEW
What the fuck, From?

How to fix invasions

>when invaded, hosts can only summon upto their full summon quota, + dried finger
>but they cannot resummon any more people when invaded
>if the host begins alone and an invader comes, he can summon as many people as he can get, but if those summons die, that host cannot refill that slot til the invader leaves
>blues can still come and go as they please

Good idea? It means gank squads are around, but it means hosts dont get the advantage of "check it out, i have a literal army of people to kill you" but they still have babbies line of defense

It's not ass, maybe it was just not meant to be played for 2000 hours like some mmorpg

>Always play souls games blind the first time
>Lover of the classic Sword n Board
>Pick up Varangian Sword in DS2
>Don't think it's anything super special but I fall in love with it and make it my swordfu
>Finish DS2 and hit the threads
>>FUCKING VARANGIAN SHITTERS REEE EVERYONE USES THIS FUCKING MEME WEAPON
>Immediately hate myself and regret everything
>Playing DS3 blind
>Broadsword is pretty sweet I guess, wish it was a little longer
>Find the Darksword and think I've found a new swordfu
>Get it to +10 before peeking in on /dsg/
>Oh no, not again! Oh no!
I fucking hate everything. Why did this have to happen to me. I think of all the people I fought with it thinking I'm another youtuber or redditor following the shitter memes, I just want to die.

It is fun but every area becomes a siege and every invader suddenly becomes a fucking assassin when they see you solo. I'd advise having some basic build prep done first.

I am about to make this build.

Anyone have some advice or changes I should make?
Does anyone want to stop me?

>in

VORE
O
R
E

I forgot about her
Bitch has nothing to say and is dumber than a box of rocks

Normies would complain and they're the most vocal

How fast did FUGS get nerfed due to its' ability to deal with ganks?

I know the fucking feeling.
>Carthus Curved Sword
>My one true love
>All the meta meme shitters are jumping on it now
SHE'S TOO GOOD FOR YOU. STOP IT.

On your next playthrough try parrying him.
He was a nightmare the first time on my dex into build but on my second run he was a joke when I fought him with the twin daggers. Even at 110 critical modifier I was doing maybe a third of his health per riposte.

who cares fampai, just play what you like to play.

What weapons in this game look like old and destroyed? Im using broken straight sword already, but what else is there?

I am pretty sure Yorshka counts as an inanimate object.

yeah I don't know what the fuck is up with that, didn't notice it in the fight

>Russian

Fuck off Patches

>buffed shield
This is bug right? I seen video about this shit. You don't loose stamina after hits. Rifle Spear 3.0

>Even with 110
There isn't even a higher one, is there?

Misogynist pig

>murakumo flat out worse than exiled even on dex builds
Fuck
My weaponfu ;_;

How much int/fait i should have for doiing decent damage with Chaos Bed Vestiges?

I stil want to stay qualityfag, just throw sometimes muh forbidden suns like in das2 ;_;

It just means that they can have their precious summons, but can only do it once! Hell, theres an invasion timer and they can summon all the time? Shit dont make sense. Even it out, make the game difficult. They should be punished for having summons, its the only way/reason anyones embered. Putting us on the same field as summons, and its a 3v1 dont make sense. This way, its still a possible gank, but it at least has balance. A balance that can be explained in game even!

Fuck that it's your job as an invader to get good you have the environment and a whole world full of mobs, learn to work with them

>invade lone host
>spams vestiges at me, never hits
>weapon is doing barely any damage to me
>ends with her falling off a cliff, dying to the damage and me landing next to her still alive thanks to amazing silvercat ringfu

Honestly feel bad when invading someone so far below my skill level especially without phantoms to help them even things out, who's just playing the game his/her way yet still take the inevitable death like a champ.

Makes me want to do something nice for them, but there are no gestures or useables that properly convey a sincere message.

I hate this, especially since csrthus curved sword wasy first weapon I felt attached to in DaS 3 when I used it on my luck/dex build.

Alright I wanna do to cosplay characters. One called Das1 babbie and the other called Das2 babbie. For das1 he will wear elite knight and 2 will wear farram. What should their build be?

40/40 user. 40/40...

Oh yeah those flat environments and seeded mobs sure do help.

>be in full black knight armor
>pyromancer invader comes in
>throws several fire spells at me and I take massive damage

My understanding of the lore is breaking

You'd probably be better off taking some points out of endurance and putting it into something else like vigor.

Found the Dedmoon.

I just drop them a few ember and BC out. They are too pure to break.

My hero.
I'm farting around archdragon peak testing bows and farming chunks with dsg pass

>Accidentally upgrade an irithyll straight sword w/o paying attention to +3(could've swordn that it used regular titanite) on my sl 45 catacombs ladder hi jinx character
>Think that I fucked myself out of early invasions/co-op
>Co-op in cathedral of the deep, ask a host what his max weapon level is, tell me it's +3.
wat

The twin daggers have low at even for a dagger and both the dagger and mail breaker have 130 critical modifiers on them.

Just because the armor was burnt to a crisp it doesn't mean it's fire resistant

if someone said armor had any value beyond aesthetics in this game

somebody lied

>clear an entire party except host
>literally ALL dark sword spammers
>kill both summons
>host runs, i follow, almost kill him but infinite rolls and healing allowed him to summon again
>get ganked and leave
>summons again
>use mobs
>kill both summons, but now mobs are clear
>runs and leaves one of the summons to fight me and summons MORE
>get ganked and die

I tried man, i really did.

Is the hollowslayer greatsword good or are the people I'm fighting just bad

I'll try that out.
But otherwise it is okay, right?

giantdad and havelyn

You can easily have +4 by the cathedral if you look around.

a кaк +10 бeз кoлeц?

K***ht shield requires 13 str

Seriously? i just want to toss them for 400 damage, is it that fucking weak without going fully caster?

Jesus christ they killed hybrids don't they? i mean for fucking sake you could have gone str/pyro dex/pyro in DaS2 and it still got scaling with int/faith. you still did some damage with 10/10 or less, not as fully 30/30 but still good enough.

they really killed any kind of spell didn't they

It's good in a bad class of weapons.

It's okay man, you'll get 'em one day.

>spell called magic shield
>buffed shield is a bug right

Want to try bleed build.

What should i be using?

Elite Knight
Dragon Crest Shield
Astora Straight Sword

Faraam
Torch / that one blue-green shield you get for killing Lion Knight guy in the Archives LH
Longsword RH

Shit you are right.
Kite Shield then.

You can technically get 4 large titanite before deacons but this host said his max weapon level was a +3 which is confusing since I basically have a "+6"

DaS1 you need something similar to kite shield (rip in peppers) or grass crest and something similar to drake sword

DaS2 I don't know

Yeah it's looking good. You can always change it around at rosaria anyways if it doesn't play out the way you wanted.

Carthus Rouge. Warden Twinblades are fun. Carthus weapons are good. Katanas if you hate yourself. Don't build for Blood, go Hollow.

Yep.

>oh I'll just attack with some mobs
>mobs get stunlocked and fucking powderised by 4 guys straightsword R1 spamming
Is anything in the game that isn't a boss a threat when there's four people involved?

Besides the skeleball in catacombs. That thing is free wins

Carthus Curved sword
Warden Twin Blades

And the best is the SPIKED MACE

>40 luck/40str
>hit r2 and l2 and instantly win

Hybrids are alive at 110-120SL

>Whaa I want to do a ton of damage both in melee and range while still having a lot of health and stamina

have I got some good news for you, reddit is pushing the SL120 meta, where that is LITERALLY every single build

Thx guys

So 40 dex/ 40 luck then?