Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>In recent news
Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15

>I have a stupid question
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/TGP-Launch.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is she scared of Cute-cu?

Hey guys some people in the previous thread called me a shitter for being unable to beat certain monsters without my Palico.

Should I from now on fight all my monsters without Palicos?

After you've done all the cat cheevos

Cheevos?

It's just me, but I perform best when I turn the music off, and no cats.

You do want you want and don't care about what autists here say that much.

But how will I impress my /mhg/ friends?

>2hrs to beat steve
Haha time for g2. Why am I even doing this solo progression run

Just don't bring them if you duo GQs

It's her first big cock in a long time.

Because it'll give her another ugly burn-scar

>Play 3U for the first time
>Decide to use SA for the time being, hunted a few Barroth
>The only current power phial swaxe upgrades into a fucking paralysis phial
>The other options are situational elemental phials and exhaust

FUCK

They distract the monster, but since the head is usually a weakpoint, you're reducing your deeps.
You'll also be chasing the monster a lot, if your cats decide to fuck about on the other side of the map for some god-forsaken reason.
You're also going to lose access to your cats for a while in late LR caravan, so you might as well get used to the pressure being on you 24/7.

And the problem? The Barroth SA is really powerful at that point

The Assault Axe, correct?

I'm just pissed that a power phial advances into a paralysis one with no option branching off it, wasn't expecting that at all.

It's LR, anything works at that rank.
Besides, the best SA lines don't pop up until later.

Like the Ceadeus one? I loved it in 4U

Since slime is apparently a bit overpowered I presume the Brachy SA is pretty decent?

>that one point in the village story where your main cat runs off to find the missing aces on its own, actually not appearing during any quests you do until you do that quest
i really liked that part

squeakspeak for achievements.

>The good old shitter filter
Fun times.

What quest was this again? Which monster(s)?

The Gore Magala encounter in the Everwood you have to repel, entered by selecting the low rank expedition icon

But that fight was easy without the palicos. So why do I find fighting now without palicos to be difficult?

Because you're not getting the random buffs they provide and all the focus is on you

I assume the 'shitter filter' part is from players not knowing what the fuck to do because they skipped all the dialogue

I fainted twice, and i don't faint, usually
I kept getting stunlock as i was getting up, couldn't roll away or unsheathe and run

But if that was true I would have found fighting the Gore Magala in that quest solo to be difficult.

Does anyone actually find the Switch Axe fun? You literally just mindlessly press X till the monster dies.

The filter is those key quests you're forced to solo before you can take on Gore's expedition to get your cats back.

I forgot about those. Which ones were they?

I swear to god if I get charged by these boars once more I'm gonna pop an aneurysm.

I trash GQs with anything but Gargwa, Kelbi and Aptonoth.

In 4U the double slash infinite is A>X, or A>A in X/Gen. It is kind of boring as fuck in 3U though without that and the axe hack/slash finisher

You can distill many weapon types into using few inputs though

...and the Great Sword
...and the Long Sword
...and the Hunting Horn

I mean why do you think the "hit it until it dies" meme even exists?

you can boil down a lot of weapons into a variation of "mindlessly press a button until it dies"
hence, "hit it until it dies"

Excuse me fucko but I press A as well sometimes

I'll admit SA is a completely mindless and easy weapon to use along with DB but that doesn't make them not-fun

>LS and HH
Those ones you have to hit R to win after hitting X, A, and X+A a couple of times.

>DB
>Mindless
You're one of those "run to the monster, enter demon mode, demon dance, cart" people?

Doesn't make either of them any less "hit it until it dies.

Yes, but SA-kun was annoyed with how he only had to hit X to win.

extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/TGP-Launch.jpg

>According to AllChinaTech, this iteration of the TGP Box is called the Blade and is the result of a partnership between Haier, which built the hardware, Intel, which provided unspecified “sensing and smart home technology,” and Tencent, which provided both system development and game titles. A number of other titles have been confirmed for the Blade, including FIFA Online 3, NBA 2K, Monster Hunter, and Need for Speed. The company will announce additional titles later in the year.

>Tencent Box
Why do idiots keep supporting these assholes? They WANT to kill video games.

But you can play MHO on it.

I hope China falls flat in the international video games market

>China-exclusive MHO is going to be on a chinese platform
Didn't see that one coming.

I'd rather play on a broken Virtual Boy than give money to Tencent.
see

Great Sword requires mastery of the monster, as well as timing and prediction.

Long Sword uses various buttons in its combos and makes use of precise use of the fade slash to re-position yourself.

The Hunting Horn requires you to master playing songs and aim for the head to KO.

They're not at all as mindless as the fucking Switch Axe you fucking SAfag. The Switch Axe literally turns Monster Hunter into a fucking Kingdom Hearts simulator.

Good luck with that

lmao dude I haven't even played the SA in any quests. I called those weapons mindless because I main them.

Any game you buy that was built using Unreal Engine is giving money to Tencent.

I'm glad I don't play a lot of games then

So why do you care the biggest videogames company if you don't play videogames?

I have mained great sword the whole game, am i good? Or am i actually just shit like i believe i am?

This is pretty cool yo

Because that's not me, because the only Unreal games I've ever played were pirated or too old to be Tencent.

Not playing a lot of games doesn't mean I don't play them at all

You're not planning to get KH3 I take it then?

Does nosedive affect shot damage from aerial/jumping off a ledge and shooting or is it just from melee strikes with guns/bow?

>KH
>Ever

lifepowder pls

adrenaline pls

>tfw 41% health

So I noticed that in 4U there's a hammer called "Kurogane", which was my online name back in the days of ps2 monster hunter... in the description it references an "old hunter"- pretty crazy coincidence. I know that the name is pretty common

I'm playing MH4U (first title of the series I play) and was doing everything with Dual Blades and no Palicos until Nerscylla, and then after carting twice to it but getting it int the end, I started playing around with other weapons. Is it just me, or is IG really good? I know there are very few options and the kinsect being tied to the weapon makes it a bit of a hassle, but being able to pole vault monsters or away from them is very convenient and effects work really well for it. Now I have the Gore Magala IG (Leumundslist) and it's really nice, especially coming from having a poison IG.

I never tried it. Is it worth it? I've used GS, lance, and hammer for a very very long time, but would like to try something new- i was debating between SnS and IG

Congratulations, you've solved MH4U.

>Is it just me, or is IG really good?
It's broken.

The pole vault is one of the least useful parts of the weapon.

I'd definitely suggest it. Train for it against the Great Jaggi because he's large enough to mount but not so large you'll have an easy time getting used to it, so once you're done getting used to the timing and distance, bigger enemies like the Tetsucabra and others will be ridiculously simple to pole vault at.

Also the R shot is good to get enemies' attention and have them charge at you instead of standing next to the map's corners.

How so? It kind of negates the need to go on ledges to get good attacks at heads/frills.

*pole vaults over Fatalis tail*

IG after red essence, speed nectar, and the extract extender kinsect is absurdly powerful for what it is, easily making it in the top three. Vaulting attacks are a mere bonus.

It has a bad rep online since most shitty French players are naturally drawn to it and fuck up every mounting attempt they are given with the weapon. Expect to groan whenever you see JE SUIS MONTE appear on the screen.

Some Lance players like SnS.

it's also the most fun part of the weapon. honestly I wish aerial styles gave all weapons command jumps, not that shitty footstool hop

Damage is the best part about the weapon, followed by the utility that the extracts give.
IG can hit most weak spots of monsters fine without pole vaulting.

Its vertical reach is so sweet. Compared to SnS I use most, it makes some hunts a walk in the park.
I really want to destroy a fucking Plessy with it.

Can anyone help me with this shitty Gog fight?

Well you can in MHX/Gen. Take that as you will.

I will enjoy my revenge then, thanks.

what weapon do you guys use on mh4u?

IG, DB, SA and CB. Trying to get into hammer, can't use ranged stuff or get used to HH for the life of me.

you'll find hunters using every weapon here

is IG really that good? i find trouble getting myself to like it, not my thing and it doesnt even look that good to me anyways

hunting horn

g-rank is just high rank with hp bloat and shitty looking armor

nigga what? g armor is nicer

When you were a kid, did you like Bugs Bunny? You know, being all mischievous and wrecking the living shit out of anyone on his way? If yes, you'll love IG. LR with IG and Tetsucabra or Nerscylla armor is just a lot of fun.

it's bait, son

anyone up for some high-rank on mh4u some time? online sucks most of the times, people are really fucking stupid and egotistical in this game, there's always that one faggot at some point that joins a quest too way too hard for him and gets killed both times in 5 minutes ffs

It can do a lot more damage than you think.

>replying to obvious bait

HBG and IG

>db
>mindless

thanks for tripping me, so fucking shitter

we have a robot that does quest for you, it's named blanche

what?

are there any good mh streamers?

IG, SnS, HH, Bow, Lance, HBG sometimes LBG, GL and GS. I started as an IG main then mained SnS and in my past 200 or so hunts I've mostly used bow.

By far the most are with IG, I go to it whenever I need to grind for something for myself and I'm not just hunting for fun because it makes shit go a lot faster.

I watch CantaPerMe92 and RisingFunGaming. RFG is kinda just casual playing while Canta is usually speedrunning/playing with viewers.

kkkarthur whenever a new MH is released, to check out the game. That's it, anything else is cancerous as fuck.