/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
Youtube: Video not found

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread:

MOD TO FIX LATE GAME SURVEYING/ANOMALIES WHEN?

>no sexbots
>no alien ultra-degenerate space whores

dissapointing 2bh

How do we fix corvette spam?

Are there any decent new alien mods out there yet? So far all I've seen are various races that are just one single weeb or 40k picture for the entire race, or recolours of the existing ones.

how do you demolish spaceports? I built them on every planet and now over half of my income is going into keeping them up

If a planet has a pop on every tile does that planet stop making pops or do they migrate to other planets? I'm wondering if there's any point to developing food processing on my home planet anymore.

Aoe damage.

Lower Evasion

Is it normal that nothing happens after I found the precursor homeworld?
I surveyed the entire system but its still marked on my map and in the situation log

>have a bunch of pre-sentient niggers squatting onna continental planet
>uplift them with an arid preference
>they retain maximum habitability on their original planet
How does uplifting and/or habitability work, again?

Improve medium and large weapons and change the armor system so small weapons will be nearly pointless against larger ships

You think it will be safe to assume that most of the civs from Civ 5 are coming back?
Who do you think the female leaders for
>Pre-Split Roma
>France
>Germany
>Japan
>Korea
>Denmark
>SWEDEN YES
>[insert any muslim country here]
>Persia
Will be?

You apparently don't. Try expanding your energy output.

There's a LOT of shit Paradox needs to implement. Holy fuck.

Like changing government ethics. How the fuck was that not optional? You can change government forms, but not this?

please respond my economy is dying

I think the homeworld is always at 100% habitability

Somebody made a Targaryen race with GoT planet, named Planetos. The planet has dragons on it and there are some special events. I have them enabled but I haven't played or seen them yet. But it's just a still image of a Targaryen. The only mod I've seen that is animated is the Victorian clothing mod that makes humans look like they came out of Vicky2.

Stellaris rule 34 when?

>see 25 slot Gaia world while scouting after start
>try to build outpost near it in prep for colonization
>it's in some xeno's territory, they attack my ships
>declare war
>build massively over the limit to take them on because they're stronger than me despite us only having one planet each
>research defense platforms. build 1 and bait them into attacking it before counter attacking their world
>they surrender
>Realize I clicked the Vassalize rather than take planet button
>can't change my wargoal because "reasons"
>autosave doesn't go back far enough to undo my mistake
>mfw

>tfw modded the game to spawn a bunch of primitives and pre-sentients bros for me to teach stuff to and uplift

C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y

>one single weeb
There's one with like 50+ portrait images.

Did you build spaceport solar panels?

Link it?
I could tolerate weeb stuff as long as it's well done and looks interesting enough to grab my attention.

oh, fuck. well I'm going to have to expand a lot because currently it's costing me 45 energy credits a month. I'll try palm some off to sectors first

>150 years into the game
>AI initiated zero meaningful interaction
>zero events with any sort of impact
>the 2 (two) possible victory conditions mean attempting to win is pure tedium because:
>combat is a simplistic but also brokenly imbalanced mess
>whole game boils down to juggling energy credits
Is there anything I'm missing?
Where did they hide the fun?

Korea will most likely have their current president Park Geun-hye. I'm fairly sure they don't have any historic noteworthy queens.

Search Animaris in the workshop.
It's just portraits though, so you'll need to make an empire for them which I now realize is probably not what you want.
That's stupid though and beyond forced.
They'll probably just add in not-actually-ruler females like influential wives or something or resort to legendary shit like Amaterasu, but that still doesn't work for Rome unless they're willing to break the barrel entirely instead of simply scraping the bottom.

Female leaders
France
>Joan Dark
Germany
>Angela Merkel

>30k Imperium is striving to become materialist because Imperial Truth

>40k Imperium is spiritualist because Horus Heresy fucked Emperor up

Am i correct

>no internal trade
B R A V O

>15 years in
>haven't found a single colonisable planet yet
>exit

Ah yes

>They'll probably just add in not-actually-ruler females like influential wives
That's feminism for you.

>Where did they hide the fun?
DLC
>Merkel
That's like putting Putin in for Russia it makes literally no sense.
>Joan Dark
Who?
They already added Theodora.

>40 IoM
fanatical xenophobe collectivists first, second and last

>current president Park Geun-hye
So they're putting in literal nobodies next to people who were actually very historically important for the nation just so they can say "look, women! gender equality!", despite the fact that gender equality is a very recent concept and they're doing history a disfavour by comparing some woman who ran a country for three years and didn't really do anything to, say, the man who wrote a constitution and founded the entire modern state.
I had the same issue with EU4's Women in History. "This guy laid the groundwork for the proliferation of information that lead to the industrial revolution" being equal to "this woman ran a hospice and at one point received a letter from a famous philosopher".

If I set the leadership rules in my monarchy to xenos allowed will aliens be generated as heir?

B U I L D T A L L

the king at the time of jeanne was charles tho, she was just a front figure of the war

Select a fleet.
Shift+click a spaceport.
Disband the spaceport.

Stellaris was a mistake.
t. DW:U afficionado

t. /pol/, like ugh try to have some RESPECT for the women in history?? It's like,totally unfair that you only have MEN in the history books!? Being THIS intolerant in the current year like REALLY!????
that actually hurt to type out

Are kinetic weapons really that bad?

I outfitted a new battleship design with Kinetic Artillery and it's doing really well, the majority of my damage in most engagements.

>she was just a front figure of the war
Well, it wouldn't be the first time they've included rulers who weren't actually rulers. Jean d'Arc is famous enough that I'll be willing to accept having her represent France through history. It's different when they do things like add the current president of some place just because that's their only female ruler. They should be asking themselves "Will this person be remembered a hundred years from now".

>So they're putting in literal nobodies
That's bound to happen if they really need to have female rulers on all factions.

How do I clear natives from my world and start settling my home race? Having to constantly deal with rebellions is getting a little tiresome when I've got wars to fight.

Having some modern leaders could be cool, especially for one of the multiplayer scenarios they talked about

I can't imagine them trying to have 1 female per civ though, when they want to represent a half dozen native american tribes.

Yeah but at least Joan is cool and legitimately important. Plus she was in civ 2 and 3. She makes more sense as a general but its not as bad as trying to find a female zulu or aztec

I have seen this .t shit for so long and I have no idea what it is

And Gandhi was just the front figure of his pacifist movement. Your point?

t. clueless user

Kinetic Artillery outranges everything but Tachyon / Particle Lances by a metric fuckton and does massive damage, it's the only kinetic worth it besides point defense
It also does a disservice to actually influential girls like Victoria or Catherine to be compared to I don't fucking know, Cornelia Africana (daughter of Scipio).
It's finnish for 'regards', like how we end letters with 'cordially,' or 'best wishes,'

.t Reddit

>distant worlds
>a game

Whelp, three weeks until HOI4.

you on about reservations or actual pops? if the latter PURGE

same here. i found 1 tech and some energy and engineering points. it is still sit. log.

How does that make any sense?

fuck off neurotypical

Race packs needed
>Geode Races
Rock guys, gem guys, ice guys and stuff
>Fish Races
Eels, Guppies, Goldfish and Angler Fish
>Robo Races
Synths, cyborgs, mechs, drones etc
>Near-Human Pack
A bunch of different packs for different clothing and 'rubber forehead' aliens, might include space elves.

Actual pops, they won't fuck off rebelling even with tons of resources spent to appease them. They just took over two of my planets, instantly spawned several battleships and took control of my Fortresses in the area.

If I purge, does my native race begin spawning there or do I need to move Populations across somehow?

It doesn't have to make sense. It merely is.

It's a meme you doofus.
t. meme pro

>no gaseous planet races that float in the upper cloud layers

>despite the fact that gender equality is a very recent concept
The funny thing is that it fucking isn't, what's new is gender EQUIVALENCE where equality means everything must be the same on all levels.
>finnish for 'regards'
>wanting it to be abbreviated to 'r'
If I reply to a post saying 'but that's gay' with t. heterosexual, it implies that the original poster was heterosexual. If I END a post with t. Britbong, it means that I'm speaking as a britbong.
How can you be this slow?
t. not a retard

>mfw never again

How am I supposed to keep ethics in line if im not fanatic collectivist?

You could prohibit migration to primary species only then purges the aliens, any new pops should be your species then

>implying
Those exist as event races.
Looks like a pretty good deal actually, unless Cyrus is strong and a neighbor. It's a tech for >gold.

>Cornelia Africana
Well, there is some evidence to suggest that she was actually the one in charge of the Gracchus family and that her sons were just doing what she told them to.
But including her is still a bad idea because she's just not noteworthy enough. Everyone knows who Augustus Caesar was, I'm willing to bet even Asians and Africans know about him, but who other than a history buff is going to know anything about the mother of a pair of plebeian tributes? You shouldn't have to google the leaders, that's half the point. It's why we have Gandhi instead of any of the Indian presidents or kings. He wasn't a ruler, but he lead a movement and everyone knows who he is as a result.

Add space healers.

anyone know?

>russia hasn't invented currency
>you can pay with gold

Apparently my Government type doesn't allow for purging, is there a way around this?

>Pre-Split Roma
Agrippina mother of Nero, maybe?
>France
Pretty much guaranteed to be Jeanne D'arc
>Japan
They can go full meme and use Uesugi Kenshi

I am actually wondering more what male leader they will use for Spain, will they go with Ferdinand II for both Catholic Kings or if they will put an actual relevant male instead

>so he's just saying he realized shit that should've been obvious from the fucking start?
Have you ever met an engineer?

>I'm willing to bet even Asians and Africans know about him
I'm Chinese, everyone knows about Caesar, we have a two-year world history course in late senior high.
Cornelia was influential and literally the definition of 'good roman woman', but that doesn't mean that anyone knows who she is and that's actually a pretty good reason to bar her.
>Kenshi
>a girl
That's beyond spicy, and Kenshi didn't even come close to ruling Japan.
>Agrippina
I...guess?

>>Japan

>what male leader they'll use for spain
Charles I for >Spain is the Emperor?
>implying
At that point they may as well put Kiyohime or Amaterasu on it, and if the latter give +5000000000000% to everything because >literal sun goddess

>Geode Races
Agreed, some more stony races would be cool. A few of the mushrooms and bugs already have stone-like shells, but taking it further would be nice. Even if the rule is that the creature has to be organic, they could imitate it by, say, having a reptile race that's covered in bony protrusions that look like stone.
>Fish Races
Agreed, but they'd have to be/look amphibious. You can't advance beyond the bronze age underwater, it's just not possible to forge iron, and without that key technology you're not going to get further.
No, not even in underwater heat vents could you forge steel. The heat would kill your alien before it gets close enough.
>Robo Races
We already have these, they're called robots, droids and synths. I don't think we should be able to start as robots, but I do think there need to be more variations on what robots look like, maybe with stats tied into it. Something like the receptionist robot from WALL-E having a boost to research, maybe, or a more sturdy robot having a mining boost. Also, tech to mod your race with cybernetics, with associated portrait changes.
>Near-Human Pack
pls dont

Not that I know of, best you can do is limit migration so they don't spread then try to calm them down.

>all this non stellaris posting
stop

>It's why we have Gandhi instead of any of the Indian presidents or kings. He wasn't a ruler, but he is a meme

Do not do that or you can fuck off to /gsg/, the general is 4xg not /onlystellarisXDg/

>[insert any muslim country here]
>Ottomans
Hurrem Sultan I guess?
Can't think of anything for the others

Only people who dont know about Ceasar are Africans and Americans

Same goes for Napoleon, Alexander and hmm....dunno. Obviously big conquerors end up remembered.

no

Solar panels will generate 3 energy, nullifying the 3 energy needed to maintain a lvl 1 space port. I build space ports + solar panels on every planet to raise my fleet size and only upgrade 2 or 3 to do my actual ship building with.

Literally yes, Boudicca wasn't a real '''ruler''' either in that the Celts were this massive set of independent tribes and she just happened to lead a revolt and became a meme for her troubles.
>Hurrem Sultan
But that's not a girl.
What the fuck is that shit

Catherine the great was a fucking disaster. Seriously.
>fuck a lot
>give posts and power by the quality of fuck
>lost control over the Poland which was at the time fully under Russian control
>let Prussia grow and take best part of Poland.
>not even mention that he hardly have any control in country that was torn by peasant rebellions
Seriously. She is a shit.

>distant worlds
>optimised

>I'm Chinese, everyone knows about Caesar, we have a two-year world history course in late senior high
I'm not surprised, China is pretty forward. What do you think about the places like Malaysia and Indonesia, would they know Caesar?

She did well on the domestic front iirc.
Do people there even read? I'm not joking, I dunno about the islandmen but places like Cambodia look like they're 50-1500 years behind depending on where you go.

>What the fuck is that shit
Common Core
>US education in dire need of reform
>government hops in and must makes it even worse
That's not even showing all the shit about how "Write how the government is like your family but better"

>"Write how the government is like your family but better"
Jesus fucking christ
Even China doesn't have that shit

That is only because the guys who fuck her do it for her.

Thats modern education 4 u son

Its like you dont even want Emoji literature

Well, yeah. Gandhi is famous, has a philosophy most people at least have a passing knowledge about, and most importantly, we don't have to look him up on Wikipedia if we meet him in game to figure out what his playstyle is likely to be.
Same shit with Caesar, if we see him we know we'll need to keep our eyes open before he starts to snowball, or how we can expect Stalin to be more backstabby than average.

>That's beyond spicy
There is actually a theory/myth about it, because Uesugi life style like having stomanarches every month and alegally some spanish documents by some missionary claiming so.
And we are talking about scrapping the barrel anyway and because Rance Uesugi

The alternative would be somebody like Tomoe Gozen i guess

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just pointing out that's why Gandhi has been one of the few constants in civ.
Looks like a media studies class.

what can I say
I will never buy a Paradox game again
it's a shell, it has nice art style, but it's a shell
ppl say this is just a core, a foundation that will be added upon got it wrong. the innards are not there to add upon

There's a reason we prefer the devil we know (private education) over the government (that everybody distrusts and clearly does not act in the best interests of the people) taking full control and nationalizing education