/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 17th:
1814 – The Constitution of Norway is signed and Crown Prince Christian Frederick of Denmark is elected King of Norway by the Norwegian Constituent Assembly.
1869 – Imperial Japanese forces defeat the remnants of the Tokugawa shogunate in the Battle of Hakodate to end the Boshin War.
1914 – The Protocol of Corfu is signed, recognising full autonomy to Northern Epirus under nominal Albanian sovereignty.
1940 – World War II: Germany occupies Brussels, Belgium.
1973 – Watergate scandal: Televised hearings begin in the United States Senate.

>News
HoI4 DD56 - Bits and Pieces
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-56-bits-pieces.930457/

EU4 DD May 12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-12th-of-may-2016.929369/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/4jqy31/voltaires_nightmare_an_eu4_mod_focussed_on_the_hre/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Portugal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

First for the German Reich

Nicky

the most cancerous thing about hearts of iron games, is that population is completely irrelevant. it doesn't even exist to begin with as a mechanic. only indirectly via the manpower pool. thus, a luxemburg with 10 factories will be able to produce way more than a china with 2 factories. now that i think of it, factories are a stat. they don't even need to be manned. you can actually have more factories than your population.

the absolute best way of simulating production, factories and population belongs to victoria 2. unless hearts of iron 4 takes some ideas from it, it is going to be their 4th cancerous game of the series

Considering getting the field marshall edition lads am I an idiot

Hoi4 in D day

speedy

pls preorder hoi4

>unless hearts of iron 4 takes some ideas from it

that isn't going to happen user

yes

but get it off a keysite if you really have to waste money

i agree, friend

>Still no cadet branches for CK2
>Still no more content for christian/feudal countries to give them more flavor and put them on par with pagans, horse niggers and mudshits
>Still no fixes to the major border gore problems Shitclave caused
>EU4 still looks like playdough
>Radical Yugoslavia and Legionary Romania

Why is this company allowed to exist when all they do is release undercooked games with 5000 meme dlcs

Why has no other company stepped up to bring some competition to this niche genre

States have development level that affects how many factories can exist there.

Is Meiou and Taxes simply bugged? Why did you faggots recommend me this mod?

cry more faget

stop being so entitled

Their is one guy working on a grand strat game who doesnt have ties to paradox.
Even though its probably vaporware im still rooting for him even though his idea is pretty memey.

>Radical Yugoslavia and Legionary Romania

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

Do any modders have recommendations for sites that keep a somewhat decent track of the flow of wealth and trade of regions thoughout the year? I'm modding EU3 and I'm brushing up the wealth of some provinces, like Libya that has a bas tax of one and primarily trades wool, making it one of the worst provinces in the entire fucking game.

Yeah just pirate it like everyone else you humungous retard, jesus.

What the fuck is polish DLC anyway? Don't tell me playing as fucking poland is DLC?

Polish DLC is free, it just has commander portraits, and 3d models I believe.

???

Thanks for the name of the game, faggot.

>get a wallpaper
What, I can't just google the fucking preorder desktop background and get it in five seconds?

>polish DLC is free

So it comes with the base game? Why the fuck would you mention it then? Should specific parts of the base game be termed as free DLC or something? Fucking hell I hate paradox.

makes them appear more credible and giving to fans, after all, it's """"""""""free""""""""""

Because we overlook that sort of shit.

What you see there is pretty much telling you that integration won't be happening, period.

>There are people here that are so poor £30 for a game seems like a lot of money

>All these shills in the thread

Is it because of the stream you guys mentioned?

So , two questions:

Is eu4 playable againt after 1.17 and the disaster of mare nostrum?

Why do you guys hate eu4 so much?

They said on stream that it comes with the game even if you pre-order it or not. He justified it by saying that most of the art for the game done so it's just something extra the art team worked on, or something like that, dunno why they advertise it as a DLC.

Are you basing your mod off of MEIOU?

We hate EUphoria because of the mana.

EU3's system where everything was based off of cold hard cash was better.

but that would be stealing

What happened was they weren't gonna include it and poland was going to be a generic nation

meneth made a mod for it and put it on the forums

paradox said they would flesh out meneths mod and include it as as a paid day 1 DLC

Loads of people got annoyed so they made it free instead

>mana meme again

>Are you basing your mod off of MEIOU?
No, so far I'm just trying to make minor improvements to gameplay and add some provinces here and there. One example of a change is a tweak to the cultural unity decision, which no longer requires a national focus or magistrates, so a unified France can't get balkanized anymore because it purges all the cores of the French minors. I'm planning on making exceptions for core removals for the big powers and tweaking the function inside the HRE so all the minors states don't immediately get their cores removed after annexation unless Germany manages to pop up and end it all.

Is unHPM good?

>paradox said they would flesh out meneths mod and include it as as a paid day 1 DLC
they never said that though

COLD HARD CASH

well it is about €37 to get field marshall in my region so I will go with it

No

They said they were going to be having a paid day 1 dlc for poland a few days after meneth announced his mod

Is Sora no Woto a /gsg/ approved anime?

The hate comes from the mana system where provinces can be converted instantaneously and signing peace deals sets you back technologically

they were going to release it as a DLC as they were planing to finish it after the game is released

game got delayed, they finished DLC so they decided to add it before

Yes

looks like moe shit

why are there rainbow colour haired chicks in the army?

i don't believe you
source?

Nice off-topic.

if you were keeping up with the announcements and diaries you would have seen it

Maybe.

>Female soldiers
"No".

>expansion pass
So all the people asking Johan for a way to pay for the game-fixing DLC before it was released finally got their way. I'm glad for them

I don't know.

because it's cute

so basically, you don't have any proof and are just spewing bullshit?

The 1121 is the only platoon composed of girls. It's tied to a local legend - supposedly the town was once saved from a demon by 5 maidens who cut his head of.
Also it's not all moe, though there are /comfy/ episodes
I posted my HOI3 game yesterday, I did my part.

I'm the Soviet Union, if I release Iceland as a Dominion will they be communist? Is there a way I can force my government on puppets?

Is there anything this man can't do?

Why do you have Iceland as Soviet Union

Based Podcat

fuck off

nah

I've always wondered, is there any japanese made media, anime or live action, depicting the IJA in china?

I bet it's without any "war is bad mkay" bullshit the german made films about the war are rife with.

Victoria 2 -> yes it changes it's government system, flag and also becomes your puppet + you get some influence
HOI3 -> yes though it only changes it's government system and becomes your puppet. Communist ministers might not be availible for Iceland though.

Does anyone have a link for the HRE Mod?

>the HRE Mod?
REEE ITS CALLED:
>
>
>
Voltaire's Nightmare
REEE

yeah cheack right here IN MY BOOTY ASS AAAHJHJHJHJAKAJHAJKKAJHAJAJAKJAAAAAA

stop making me look bad, faggot

t. falseflagger

Denmark had no allies so I took their colonies. Is that a bad move?

reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/4jqy31/voltaires_nightmare_an_eu4_mod_focussed_on_the_hre/

>inb4 LE LEDDIT FAGS XXDDDXDXXDDD

Unless you roleplay, Iceland & Greenland is simply useless, not worth the time to get it imo

Taking overseas colonies as russia is always a bad move 2bh

Lads, i downloaded EU3 from the archive but how do i properly instll it? when i click the exe file it says i need something called "Divine Wind" help?

Why isn't Stellaris in the archive

Why? Good bases to store ships, and they are cheap.

You need to install HPM first.

okay, maybe i m stupid but is there a way that DW doesnt pause when i open a menu ? It drives me nuts.

>wake up
>open steam
>look at top sellers
>hoi 4
wut

is the game out already? I thought it got delayed again

>Colonel edition only comes with useless shit I'm never going to use because counters and fuck the Paracocks forums
>Marshall edition comes with 2 DLC which Paradox state will be released for ~$25 each which is the exact price increase from standard
Bravo, Paracucks. Just when I think you couldn't get any more retarded or jewy, you manage to do both at the same time.

>store ships
More like keeping them on ICE amirite?

As long as you only took Ghana and that port in the Caribbean you're fine, what the other guy said---G+I are literally useless.

This can't be true

stop being this much of a pedophile jesus christ

the devs have to eat you entitled fuck

As France and the Netherlands have just gotten out of a war with each other, Portugal doesn't yet ask France for assistance; besides, the real spoils of this war are supposed to be legitimacy in the eyes of the world- most of the generals and military advisors believe that with Portugal's better trained, higher paid, and more technologically capable military that has been developed these past years, taking on Spain alone is possible even with the horrendous imbalance of numbers. Portugal will however rely on Belgium to keep the Dutch busy for a while.

General Fernando Carmonda initiates the first battle when he marches from Abrantes into Evora where the Spanish are beginning occupation. Meanwhile further north, defensive general Alexander Nunez eagerly waits for reports of Spanish troop movement anywhere around him.

>unit packs for pre-ordering colonel or field marshall edition

they can't keep getting away with this.

Just pirate the marshall edition when it gets leaked, senpai.

>blobbing into Spain
You better fucking not.

Also, get ready to be stomped by mobilized pops.

Sadly it is. Colonel edition is sprites and forum avatars. Marshall edition is the colonel edition shit and the first two DLC, marketed at $25 a pop, $50 total which is the exact price increase from standard.

Who the fuck plays HoI with sprites

Such bullshit. They cut content and sell it later. Militant action is required ngl

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Portugal
Galicia is simply rightful land, it doesn't even offer me anything good

Hearing that Spanish troops are moving into Vila Real, Nunez quickly gathers his forces and manages to make it there before the Spanish arrive. Spain is mobilizing quickly, Portugal already feels the heat of being stretched thin- there's no way to defend every city effectively.

They already made enough money, Why do they need more for something that should have been included in the base game

pls

>no Hussars
Nigga you fucked, at least you're defending this time.

Because they can never make enough money off of stupid casualshit kiddies.

Meanwhile reports from Belgium indicate their front is going well.

>Expansion Pass #1
>#1

Their population is too small, you won't be getting much goods from them. and IIRC, if you play HPM, you'll keep getting events from them that they require their independence, raising their militancy. You could spend your time and infamy somewhere else

>"lads"
>bear meme
good job on trying this hard to fit in, champ

IRON25 on GMG and you get 25% off. Only way Marshal edition is actually worth the money.