/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Update notifications edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-Nintendo flipped the Friend List online multiplayer switch, again.
-Even on 11.0, Luma3DS needs an updated arm9loaderhax.bin or Luma3DS.dat to go online. Get it here: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everyone below me uses cakes, do not believe what they say.

So my N3DS broke.

It had a9lh and ReiNand on it. Nothing to do with the software--it looks like a hardware malfunction. It won't turn on and the charging light goes off after 5 seconds. Different battery and different charger don't solve the problem.

What do I do with this? Send it back to Nintendo? I guess I could conceivably remove the microSD card first?

Hey Cakes is pretty good now

RIP

If you do send it back, they're quite likely to update it to 11.0. Also due to a9lh, your 3DS will continue to not boot without that SD card, so who knows how they'll address that.

Nintendo's gonna update that shit

>now.
Was it ever bad?

Whoever is modding Smash 4 roster should make it so that the extra characters like clones/dlc are in their own positions with their respectable franchises.

maybe he could prepare a different microSD with just a9hl and some firm? Or wait until Shadowhand has his ShadowNAND project completed

Currently on Step 16 of Plailect's guide: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

>Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A to inject

I'm inside the H&S Inject menu and it makes me do this code sequence to get through to that before I can select which file to inject. The only file which comes up to inject is the previous hs.app that I created and FBI_inject_with_banner.app is in the root of the SD however it does not show up. I've tried recreating the FBI_inject_with_banner.app by going through the input again but still no luck. Can I try the no_banner version instead or are banners something important? Any ideas why FBI_inject_with_banner.app isn't showing up in H&S Inject?

No

If I remember correctly it won't do ANYTHING without the SD card, right?

So I'm guessing I'll end up with a replacement N3DS at 11.0 which is better than nothing.

You can sell it off to recoup the $85 or whatever fee they likely charge you and hunt for a good IPS XL. Go for a special edition perhaps.

Hold on a sec.
What happens if you update everything but NATIVE_FIRM?
Wouldn't it still be possible to downgrade it like that once it's returned, hopefully without having updated it?

Gee user, why didn't anyone think of this sooner!

I mean, if I send it back with the microSD card in, and they fix it, they're going to recognize there's something amiss with it when the code runs while it's booting.

If I send it back without the microSD card in, they'll probably just give up and send me a new 3DS.

When updating to 11.0 and getting the arm9loaderhax.bin, do I just need the arm9 or do I have to copy the rest of the files/folders as well?

>goes off after 5 seconds

check the SD. if it can't find the a9lh boot stuff it is normal to turn off instantly

>backup system
>restore pre-a9lh backup
>update system with firm updating blocked
>you now have a 11.0 sysnand without a9lh but pre-11.0 native_firm which should allow for downgrading stuff
>if they don't notice this they will leave it be
>you can downgrade thanks to native_firm still being vulnerable and restore your a9lh backup
i'm probably missing some big thing here ain't i
and i'm not talking about 's sarcastic ass

so there's a new smash update out apparently. is 5.5.1 still latest? I'm thinking I'll just take off tubehax to update smash real quick if so

>-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

how recent is this? I guess I'm fine if 5.5.1 is still latest and I'll just switch to this but I haven't been around here lately so that's a bit scary

official powerrankings 3ds edition

SSJ3-tier
>a9lh + CFW
SSJ1-tier
>emuNAND + CFW
knows basic ki-tier
>Gateway
normal human tier
>unhacked 3ds
Yamcha-tier
>Sky3ds

do you have a decrypt9 folder in your root?
put it in there

I can't turn my system on. If I could I wouldn't need to send it in.

Thank you very much! This worked immediately.

The guide specifically states that the .app file should be in the SD's root.

>so there's a new smash update out apparently.
not yet, chucklefuck.

>is 5.5.1 still latest?
yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php

F

hat tip to tux8!

Thank mr plailect

>not sky3ds in ssj4 tier

Anyone with access to the JAP eshop able to rip Minna de Mamotte Knight?

Localization isn't happening, but I still want to engage in some local coop.

If you're saying I can back up my system without turning it on, I'm all ears.

Otherwise all I can do is backup the SD card and use the sysNAND backups I already have. All of which would be useless if they ended up sending me a new console.

because the guide also doesn't tell you to copy the folder
emunand9 and decrypt9 will always read/write to root unless you have their folders

I have a JP N3DS but no money and I have never ripped a game before

how do I fix this?

This game looks too cute not to get. Fan localization when?

I thought it was on nfs whatever it is. The key site. Someone ripped it a few threads back they said.

thank mr plailect

do you have tubehax dns on? if so disable it and try again

Put an 11.0.0 hb otherapp payload on your sd, from part 5 of the a9lhax guide

I have no dns, the github issue page says I just gotta rename my otherapp file. gonna try that.

there is no 11.0 payload
get the 10.7 one and rename it
it's been said in every single thread so far

HOLY FUCK

CHECK THE GATEWAY SITE

GATEWAY TIME MACHINE APP AND A9LH INSTALLER IN LITERALLY 5 DAYS

FAST AND RISK FREE HACKING ON 10.7 IS FINALLY COMING

>The brick chance is 0
>This is the safest hacking method to ever come

C F W
F
W

F A G S
A
G
S

B T F O
T
F
O

CFW FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH RIGHT FUCKING NOW

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN GATEWAY BECAME MASTER RACE AGAIN?

>Master race
>again

>needing to inject shit
>press button on master race card and boom you're done

the otherapp thing worked, thanks anons
fuck off

0004000000139c00 b4794b3e9f293ae7a7d4f9dfccab0324 eShop/Application みんなで まもって騎士 姫のトキメキらぷそでぃ

Yeah, no idea how to get an encrypted key.

Can't wait for a copy paste version of the Plailect guide in PDF format sold to me for $69.99

>again
>implying it ever stopped being master race

one assumes that website encrypts them regularly. I'm not sure you can't do it in Decrypt9 yourself somehow.

If you figure it out, share please. It looks interesting.

>still replying to stale bait

>implying it ever was to begin with

recommend me some games to finish up the last 3GB on my microSD

Why is "Plailect" an adjective now?

Pocket card jockey is pretty fun

I can never remember what each of those means. Verb, noun, etc.

are you 11?

that game gets so annoying later on you'll want to stop

I am 29.

i think i dun goofed using only a 2gb sd card for a9lh, as i can't backup up the emunand with otphelper thanks to size limitation

can i just insert another card and back it up? i'm assuming not since the emunand is on the smaller sd card

But 11 years old generally do user
at least from my experienc

I'm in the same boat, age and grammar-wise.

you learn them next year don't worry

Oh good. Something to look forward to.

At least I can distinguish trains, or I couldn't post this.

Just popping in to say I think this is one of the most helpful, patient and chill generals we have here.

Thanks for being cool guys.

how can you not know what a verb or an adjective is though? also unrelated question, do you speak any language other than english? just curious

I know what a verb is. Love is a verb.

Well I know to conjugate the verb. But no. I don't know any.

Also, I speak a bit of japanese.

You're welcome!

...Yeah. Sometimes. And it's a "problem" with English anyway.
If it's attached to a subject, then it's a verb. Unless it's an imperative. uh

The only hot stuff in this image is the Tabasco.

>post yfw quadrilingulal masterrace

C'mere, user.

Fictional languages don't count.

Send it in with an SD card with a bunch of random files (like a copy of the SD card from your phone or something) and an a9lh.bin that just boots the sysNAND unmodified.

Maybe they won't notice and just send it back after fixing the hardware. It's on 11.0, right?

they will probably notice though

Am I the only one who can't seem to the the US .cia of Pocket Jockey Card to work?

If they are proper languages they do count.

repair in the eshop if it hangs on that red 3ds loading screen

how do you do that? my 3DS is Japanese so I can't see the eShop repairing the US .cia (a9hl Luma here)

You could maybe dump the sysnand to another SD card, use the clone emunand to sysnand option, dump the "emunand" sysnand as sysnand but rename it to its proper name later, and then restore the proper sysnand.

Dunno if it'll work though, someone else can tell me if I'm crazy or not

>my 3DS is Japanese so I can't see the eShop repairing the US .cia

Now you fucked up.

Meeeeh isn't there a way to get that game working? It's literally the only one that ever gave me issues

Speaking 3 foreign languages is actually a minimun requirement in order to obtain your abitur in Germany.
I speak two more as I know a lot of russians and turks but I can't read or write their moon runes

You should try learning more languages it's fun.

need a jap cia

JP n3DS owner here, if your non JP games hang on the splash screen, you can use Decrypt9 to fix that by following these directions

Anybody have a link to the US version of Stella Glow? 2DS isn't booting the EUR version properly and I just want to play the game.

Don't ask why, but how do I remove 3DS cfw?

Will formatting the system memory work?

Remove SD card.

why?
if you just need emunand then removing the SD and formatting should be fine

>why?
Because I'm retarded

Thanks

Nevermind guys, got one that took me to MEGA instead of "website that bombs you with pop up ads #512398745"

You're not me

My sister asked me to hack her 3DS last year and recently she kept begging me to remove it.

well it's all on the sd card unless something is injected, now if it was a9lh that's a different story

Can you set the voices in japanese?

>You're not me
Prove it, faker. I don't even have a sister so you're simply just wrong.

Pics of the sister you don't have.

Why does she want you to remove it though? It makes no sense.

i have no clue, the game is still downloading.