Minecraft General - /mcg/

Anubis Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_house_styles
imgur.com/a/kpmbm/layout/grid
mediafire.com/download/sdu963ubjdxtbbj/Noodlor's Chunk World V2.zip
pastebin.com/3h0T2ZKx3
i.imgur.com/PKJASJE.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for curse are CANCER JEWS

So /mcg/

Remember that hole I dug? I'm doing something with it.

explain doings
looks like a hole filled with hellpiss

Is that a pool for blazes?

I believe it is. Figured if I'm gonna do something, might as well just fill it with something "just because"

There's a jew joke to be made here, but I won't make it.

Jews are meant to be thrown into TiC smelteries to get emeralds.

so how does one exactly nest ender io fluid tanks

Very carefully and tediously.

At which point, you should say "Fuck this" and either get OpenBlocks or find a fluid tank system that isn't fuckballs.

>OpenBlocks
those little fuckers cause so much lag.

>create a stack of them
>place one down
>fill it first, see step five for why
>open gui and place the rest of the stack in the fill slot
>they will always fill to the same level as tank in the output so always leave a full one in there.

Also placed tanks will not stack with unplaced tanks even if you craft them to clear the settings for some reason, so I like to place them all and wrench them beforehand.

Reminds me of one time back around 1.6.4 or so, and some guy thought it was a good idea to make the floors AND walls out of those tanks naturally filled with lava from Endertanks. No big surprise that serb was lagging very badly after that cute stunt.

>playing agrarian skies on shitty laptop at one point
>massive lag
>turns out it was caused by just one openblocks tank

14th for shitloads of home inspiration.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_house_styles

Your favorite builder is back boys
Time to actually start playing, I spent entirely too long on this starter house

>Start up a singleplayer hardcore world
>Dig around, get some diamonds, standard fanfare
>Decide to build a large gray ugly tower, brutalist with no real decorations besides a meager facade
>Build another identical one
>Start building identical towers of smaller sizes sprouting out of the sides of the existing towers, continuing the pattern
>Think it'd be cool if I could hop onto one of the towers in the center and see nothing but deformed sprouting towers as far as the eye can see
>Keep expanding slowly but surely over the weeks
>Get a massive vanilla smelter built, chugging out the bricks I need
>Start terraforming the ground so it is all gray stone as well
>Get more crafty with the tower designs, adding sideways towers, staircases leading nowhere and bridges that pierce straight through whole tower clusters
>On rainy days, I'll load my shader and walk through the empty halls and massive empty towers with a lonely torch, feels comfy man
>PC experiences issues, think "eh fuck it just wipe it, nothing important on here anyways"
>Realize after it is too late that my gray autism world is gone

Fuck

Doesn't even feel right to hop into a new world and see all those trees.

Also I'm not sure about the blue accents. Would green or some other color look better?

Oh shit.

i don't get it.

Keep looking.

there is either a pair of eyes on that grass block, or a jew.

is that it?

Look at the map, nigga.

I'm not familiar with that minimap m8.
I see plenty of blue and navy dots and one red one.
Also a blue b, which I assume is your base waypoint.

I'm sorry.
Its 2 am, and my 3rd all nighter.

>need charged quartz to make fluix
>need fluix to make charger
>need charged crystals for everything and fluix to get a compass
what
How the fuck do you use AE?

charged crystals are found in ores about as common as non charged.

it says they're rarer but only by a little bit.

I seriously don't get what you want us to see.

I have like 30 fucking diamonds and I haven't seen a single charged crystal while mining.

do better
using mek's digi miner the output is about the same for both over 32 block radius.

I think it was ~700 quartz 500 charged.
could be way off, it's been a while since i actually set up a miner.

>One of the latergame Tconstruct upgrades is an auto-smelter
>When it has one of the easiest ore doubling systems

Auto cooking meat is nice if you put it on a weapon, though

I release my updated chunk world!

* 32 buildings in various sizes and styles.
* 5 wall designs.

A lot got improved and I made renders of every structure.
---

Gallery: imgur.com/a/kpmbm/layout/grid
World download: mediafire.com/download/sdu963ubjdxtbbj/Noodlor's Chunk World V2.zip

That's for lumber axes you doofus.

Looking good. Would be even more curious to see what you can do with modded blocks. Especially microblocks.

Improved mead hall!

I'm fine with vanilla. With all of its resttrictions it forces you to be creative with what you got!

Yep, agreed. Just a thought.

Upcoming for V3...
Nordic farmstead

Another brutalist corner building

>in my last pack, after some time my VeinMiner seemed to only do its job on a small radius
>now on my current pack it's clearing entire obsidian lakes in one go
I don't understand
And fuck you OP, now I want to make a base on a desert biome to get endlessly assaulted by cocks and dogs, butmy RTG seed gave me a taiga and so I'm cursed to spend life in here forever.

Goddamn I love brutalist architecture.

>pastebin.com/3h0T2ZKx3
>This page has been removed!
>This page is no longer available. It has either expired, been removed by its creator, or removed by one of the Pastebin staff.

My PC is pretty topnotch, why does shaders run like shit? 35-50fps~

Specs:
GTX 770 4GB
Intel i7-4790K CPU
16GB RAM

I'm averaging 120FPS(I capped it) at all times

I only have Optifine & dbcraft 256x installed, i had no problem using 526x but it used alot of ram(twice as much) and i wanted to free it for other uses. oh and an old version of snowsong sounds only.

The "lite" shaders look decent(not in the nether tho) but they fog out the distance drastically.

>Accidentally kill my cobalt cow instead of my blutonium cow

Because shaders are unoptimised trash and requires a top end GPU as well as CPU.

A 980 ti would still struggle.

Thank you, exactly what is was looking for

Based as fuck, good user

you are not pretty topnotch at all user.
i.imgur.com/PKJASJE.png

>more than 4 gb of ram

>66fps
That's pretty shit
and
>Vanilla mc

oh and you're running an old version of java btw

Holy shit, this Wrenched run is even more boring than the one Direwolf did back in 1.2.5 or so.

I'm getting into blood magic and I'm just sitting here cutting myself and chowing on bread.

Is there an early game way to help speed up Blood Magic progression?

If you have witchery, place a source of fluid spirit and continue cutting, it gives regeneration 2. If you got IC2, get 1000 mb of UU inside a universal cell and place a source, it also gives regeneration 2.

I meant early game overall. not just early blood magic.

Im starting with blood magic as my main mod in this world.

Make an incense thing, give it Blood Magic's wood ash and you should get a bit more LP in exchange for 90% of your HP per stab. I'm not sure how exactly it works but it seems to have gotten even more convoluted in 1.9.

>brutalist style

I hope you do more of these in the future, loving it

cool i don't remember that being a thing from the little bit ive dabbled into it before. maybe i should make that new blood magic book.

Any BtM mod news? Any update?

BtM? Did you mean BTM?

>BTM?
yes

52 mods on the list right now. We're attempting to work with Forge devs now to fix a few major bugs we have found in vanilla 1.9's tile entity handling, but word says Mojang might have fixed it themselves in 1.9.3/1.9.4. Also, finding tons of bugs in mods - but that's to be expected from having many new mods.

ded

>playing around with IC2 Classic
>it's been so long since I last used the old IC2 that everything feels fresh and new
It makes me wonder once again how the fuck they thought that Gregifying the mod was a good idea, though. Everything was so simple back then.

why is one of the dudes from the chopped rip off in my game?

headcrumbs

I have been experimenting with different shit to make my smiley face out of
Hows this look? I feel as if I should have used normal glass or something else

Anyone know what shader preset this could be?
It was posted last thread.

I need something lightweight that just enhances vanilla look abit.

do an underground base then, it's a different theme so you dont miss the old one. you can try out tons of ideas hat you couldnt before because it's underground.

Has anyone here played SlashBlade before?
I'm looking into it right now and it looks very intresting.
Why don't I see that in modpacks but only TiC or Thaumcraft.
Why are japs so much better at creating mods.

Do villagers not identify lit caves with a door as a home?

Trying to build a mountainside Village but the villagers aren't going inside when it gets dark.

you can change the radius of it in its config

I preferred the diorite one before. The lava and glass is a bit too much imo.

yeah but to me it just seemed as if it didn't stand out enough from the rest of the wall and I couldn't really think of much that might go well with stone

Guys how do i play cracked Minecraft online with friends, without paying for a server and without hosting my own server?

Hamachi, unless you know how to forward ports and can host one on your own PC.

Otherwise, start mowing some lawns for a full copy.

You can host your own server from your computer

It's not ideal, but aside from internet costs it's free

The other way is to find a server that allows cracked clients, which isn't too hard, or have a friend host it

>Hamachi
stop using Hamachi for minecraft, there's literally a direct connect button inside minecraft.
just dump your friends ip in that and hit connect, you don't need hamachi

1.9.4 Forge is "out", but currently unusable aside from a development environment.

Major change: Mojang now includes annotations with their .class files - so we can finally see what's @Deprecated by Mojang, as well as @NonNull/@Nullable/etc.

>Implying you have the correct ports to forward
>Implying you have access to the router to forward said ports
There's a reason why Hamachi exists, for people with circumstances like these. Otherwise they will have to figure out how to use the IP's to connect which can be a hassle at times.

So no more need to wait for MCP? That's a good thing, I suppose; That's what hung up 1.8 development for a year+ before Forge and people could move up to it.

I wish to program hordes of strip mining droids. What mod will let me do this?

is this the best mine you ever seen?

...Don't Computercraft turtles already do this? Throw down a mining turtle, fuel it up, then excavate X?

I honestly don't know friend, I'm just looking for something to scratch my programming itch

Then I'd say Computercraft then. The excavate program is very basic in its operation, and I'm sure you can make something more complex and interesting with it.

>Hardcore Darkness mod
now this is podracing

Cool, thanks

Question: How does a potion of night vision work with a mod like that? Just completely negate it?

No idea just yet, I just started this world. But it should in theory

>That's what hung up 1.8 development for a year+ before Forge and people could move up to it.

No. 1.8 was hung up by modders not willing to move to it, 1.8.8 was hung up by Fernflower lacking tons of features.

Yes, apparently 1.9.4 does fix that bug.

>1.9.4
>modders have to update their mods again

The minecart never stops

True. Plus there was a LOT of stability issues with vanilla until...what, 1.8.4?

Though a lot of people would have happily stayed in 1.6.4 if it wasn't for the fact that Mojang changed the auth servers in 1.7.5 and disabled the old login servers, thus effectively shutting down their online component outside of cracked versions.

>disabled the old login servers

I don't think they have, actually! Grum threatened to do it unless modders moved to 1.7.10, which they apparently did without having to be aware of that.

Yes. Minecraft is not Windows, and it's probably for the better.

No, they did. We used to host a Monster server a while back, and when the change happened (which it did) we were forced to move to DW20 1.7.

Source: Was admin for a FTB Servercluster around this time.

(By the way, if the old login servers were disabled, modding in support for the new login protocol to 1.6.4 and below would be a matter of a few hours at most.)

Playing around with the new snapshot, this is a proof of concept idea for a vanilla mob farm (items only, no xp).
Funnel the mobs to the new magma block which makes them take damage. The thing with the magma block is that the damage is regular damage, not fire damage which means any dropped items won't go up in flames.
Hopper minecraft under the block to suck the items and direct them to a chest. Very simple.
>vanilla