/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 18th:
1096 – First Crusade: Around 800 Jews are massacred in Worms, Germany
1268 – The Principality of Antioch, a crusader state, falls to the Mamluk Sultan Baibars in the Siege of Antioch.
1291 – Fall of Acre, the end of Crusader presence in the Holy Land
1803 – Napoleonic Wars: The United Kingdom revokes the Treaty of Amiens and declares war on France.
1804 – Napoleon Bonaparte is proclaimed Emperor of the French by the French Senate.
1860 – Abraham Lincoln wins the Republican Party presidential nomination over William H. Seward, who later becomes the United States Secretary of State.

>News
HoI4 DD56 - Bits and Pieces
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-56-bits-pieces.930457/

EU4 DD May 12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-12th-of-may-2016.929369/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/tsPsr70u
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
mediafire.com/download/tpq99x39r3e67e3/geheimnisnacht 0.13.1.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Polish DLC when

My game's about to end. I've never had this few reforms before, my pops just never went above 3 militancy. If I didn't constantly switch ruling parties and intentionally aggravate them, I'd still be an absolute monarchy.

What country can i play in victoria 2 and get away with passing 0 reforms or pulling back on reforms

forgot pic

Russia

Their teams probably haven't been updated since they ported it from HoI2. A lot of countries have that problem.

I started working in the USA events, to stop event spam. Still approaching the best way to deal with it, so I'm making changes as I go and nothing is set in stone so I can't really talk about it yet. Dredd Scott and John Brown events will not be a major event anymore, but the main civil war event will be.

I added the event that will take precious metal from zanzibar once slavery is abolished either in the state or in the whole country. I wanted to make it more dynamic and go away too if too many eastern-asian or eastern african states abolish slavery or simply don't exist anymore, but I will see.

I will leave for Venice in a few minutes so I will only see and reply to stuff in the end of the day.

Here's a picture of new flavor for the USA and the UK.

Passing free press helps with Con for reforms

we voted it in though

>i removed usa event spam
>adds even more usa events

I didn't finish solving event spam in the US.
The event spam refers to the civil war events that are fired multiple times, sometimes every month.
The one showed is obviously not one of them.

>>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] - unHPM v0.8
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years v0.1
pastebin.com/tsPsr70u

>>[V2] - Robmod 2.4b
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

I kept getting this event, but whenever I actually switched production the RGO would permanently remain a ghost town. Pic related, switched this province to coal like 30 years ago, and only 1.5k/200k are employed in it

Fuck off back to your steamgroup

That happens because of coal overproduction.

Not enough demand so the RGO doesn't hire. I'm trying to deal with this for the next update.

Sharing mods gets you this mad?

Fuck off back to your shitposter group

as long as you're working on america, can you make an event for the dust bowl?

Yes, I need to do event for filibustering, the dust bowl, the back to africa stuff. The USA has lots of missing stuff. Some of these will be done for the next update, some won't. Still didn't decide what will go in.

I even thought of doing events about the recurring tornadoes in the south but that might end just being frustrating.

Anyway, I need to leave now. See you later /gsg/.

>playing KR
>become Soyuz
>Weltkrieg gets declared while I'm finishing up Finland and Turkestan
>Finish up Finland and join the fray
>pull massive amounts of heat off of CoF
>Get to the German border in less than 3 months
>Look to see how France is doing
>Line completely collapsed
>Half the Army is in Britanny the other half is in Savoy
>UoB doing fuck all to help despite having 30 fucking counters in Britain proper
RIP

>I even thought of doing events about the recurring tornadoes in the south but that might end just being frustrating.
That'd be a good way to counter their insane immigration a bit though.

So I just picked up CK2 and it's pretty fun, I've never tried Grand Strategy before. Feels good and patriotic to fuck history and kick ass as Literally Who the Nation.
How bad is this Threatening thing?

>ck2 lagging like fuck
>cpu chilling at 30%, grafix at 22%

What is going on

None of the paradox games are LAA. Find an LAA enabler and use on the .exes

Lad, I was fucking around with the savefiles and there's this in it:
player_monthly_pop_growth_tag = [Tag of the country you're playing]
Do you know what this is? Is there a something like secret modifier for countries that affect their pop growth? Do you have any idea?

Basically everyone on the map gets into an alliance against oyu so you can't blob by swallowing small countries because you'll start WW1 1000 years early

Neligible difference, maybe it's because of paradox turbo retarded "let's make the game run on a single core" idea

>unironically playing CK2 past 2.4.5

>let's make the game run on a single core
Multithreading runs like shit on most games anyways. Buy a fucking intel processor if it bothers you so much. I bought an AMD processor and good lord do I regret it.

I have an i5 6600k

I was running an i5-2400 before I bought my FX-8350 that was supposedly an upgrade according to 99% of tech sites. Never again. Everything runs worse than my fucking 5-year-old Intel Processor ever did.

>did everything possible in HoI3
>burnt myself out of vicky2
>Eu4 just feels like a blobing game by now
>cant play stellaris due to pic related sector AI keep replacing my buildings despite the fact that they are not allowed to redevelop
>witcher 3 expansion 2 weeks away
>HoI4 is 3 weeks away

shit, its time for a break on video games

if you design the game around multi-threading then it obviously helps

Not really. Even games designed around multithreading max the shit out of one core and then barely use the others. Look at CS:GO which was designed with multi-threading specifically in mind. It's better to just turn the shit off than to actually use multi-threading in 99% of cases for it.

wahhh! wahh! wah wah wah!

Kirk pls go

how do i get the new version of the warhammer ck2 mod

>entire planets of robots
>not switching everything to mining or power

Am I in the wrong thread? Why is this thread dead?

Between the schism and steamgruppe shitposters chasing everyone away, you shouldn't be surprised.

because you ruin everything with your presence.

Sometimes I really feel this way, in real life and on internet. Should I just off myself?

guys
can i get a link to Geheimnisnacht thanks

Guys post your latest grossgermaniums

>check Steam
>see that HoI 4 has a release date now and is up for pre order
>they now offer season passes
Wtf happened. This is a joke right?

It's not even a season pass. It's a 2 DLC bundle.

Hey lad
its unHPM 1.3
not 0.8

and 7years is v0.3 now

>be burgundy
>set all 4 of my subjects to supportive
>literally none of them join my defensive battle in a mountain against france
>lose because of their sheer numbers
ebin

mediafire.com/download/tpq99x39r3e67e3/geheimnisnacht 0.13.1.zip

>expansion pass #1

JUST

This isn't even Johan's fault. People wanted to buy DLC before it was out.

>play meme games
>get memed on
what did you expect lad?

Warhammer 6 days?

>First Crusade: Around 800 Jews are massacred in Worms, Germany

Noted, thanks lad.

In case you're actually interested, the military foci for subjects is for vassals, not for PU partners. PU's will simply stand in friendly territory near your armies without ever doing anything, and you can't set them back to normal if you don't have a vassal to use the 'military focus' thing. They're not supposed to be affected at all, but they are.

high level shitpost

high level shitpost

just play dota
lol

is Witcher 3 good?
>HoI4 is 3 weeks away
less than two weeks

>a joint navy so shit it loses to fucking Grease

B-Britannia rules the waves
A-A l'eau, c'est l'heure

It's better than Witcher 2 but worse than 1. It's honestly, without wanting to be the ultimate hipster, one of the few pretty decent "big modern games"

Best in its class. Storytelling and atmospherics elevate it.

the best rpg I have played in years

I didn't like the vanilla game, but HoS is fucking great

Why have reforms at all in India?

10/10 the graphics are pretty -IGN

Don't believe in Johan's lies

How hard can it be to release a non-steam version?

I did it.

pls buy

Why not wait until it's free?

all those DLC and constant patching might be harder to release without a client

Why do Paradox only employ the most retarded looking manchildren possible? Or is that just the average Swede?

Is it possible to create a substate through event in Vicky 2?

What exactly is need to form the South German Federation as Austria in vanilla Vicky2?

>playing HoI4 even after it's free

green man gaming 25% off
with IRON25
pre-ordered field marshall

I don't have a problem spending $40 on a game I'll get hundreds of hours out of, and it's more convenient.

Thanks.

>tfw no token female

pls buy our game for Hearts of Iron 4™ Field Marshall Edition® Forum Avatars

Who needs females when you have the bastions of sexuality in DDRJake and Wiz?

How does anyone agree with that post? There isn't even anything to agree with

I know that it's going to Facebook tier, I'm not going to play it. I'm just trying to work out why /v/edditors willingly pay for this shit that's available for free.

>pre-ordering digital media

>it's more convenient.
Or you're just a computer illiterate /v/eddit tourist who just discovered this place in the last 2 weeks. It's really not difficult to pirate video game. Did you know that?

I still can't believe people were stupid enough to pre-order Stellaris

>you wouldn't steal a handbag

>It's really not difficult to pirate video game. Did you know that?

Do you realize how much of an ass you make out of yourself when you make delusional accusations like that? Piracy is easy, yes, but it doesn't make Steam any less convenient. I also was mostly referring to modding in regards to the convenience aspect of it. You can't access the Workshop/Modding forum without owning a copy of the game, and I'm not going to wait and beg someone to upload a mod I want to Mega.

just gonna DL it lol

t. paedophile

Isn't that the poorfag's crusade? You know, the one that got rekt so bad by the turks that when the real deal arrived the sultan thought it would also be a joke?

10.7$

all those pops lost :^(

you Russians are lucky, you get it for so cheap D^:

It comes with the downside of having to live in russia tho

Never had Belarus appear before.

There are plenty of idiots here pre-ordering HoI4 too. See and here for maximum damage control.

>muh cheevos
>muh steam
You know that video games used to exist before steam? Yes, it's true I assure you! You might have been too young to remember it but it did happen! I guess they don't talk about it much on /v/.

>Modding forum
Paradox forum mods are overwhelmingly trash and the 1% of decent ones show up either here or on moddb almost immediately. I wonder if paradox feels bad for preying on people as stupid as you. I guess it was going to happen inevitably anyway.

Rubles are going to shit though, so you win some and lose some