/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General (formerly /civ4x/)

Blorg edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
Youtube: Video not found

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Other urls found in this thread:

stellariswiki.com/Technology
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris/discussions/0/357286532030945115/
youtube.com/watch?v=sYHMfBwBRH4
stellaris.smods.ru/
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg!Y8JxBZyC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for can design transports now.

first for sectors are still fucked

>- Fixed Planet capital modifier being spammed.
>- Fixed CTD caused by ground combat side containing invalid armies.
>- Fixed issue with disabling everything in Outliner would render it unusable.
>- Fixed issue with orbital bombardment of swarm invaders.
>- Removed shortcut from "help" button to avoid colliding with fleet "hold" shortcut.
>- Performance optimizations caused by huge amounts of resource stations.
>- Ship designer: List of designs is sorted according to ship sizes.
>- Transport ships are now designable.

I have not a slighest fucking idea how that was overlooked.

Now they just need to fix retarded AI and the game might be somewhat enjoyable.

Which is better for endgame: tachyon lance or neutron torpedo?

So I just conquered some nerds and they're being pussy ass bitches

do I enslave them or purge them? what's the benefit of purging them?

Are you one of those guys that has one design for each ship type

So you can put your on race or robots.
or lower count pop so tech faster.

>mfw picking hyperspace drive ftl

Well played, no one told me it was that fucking shit. It takes literally weeks to get from one point of the galaxy to another.

Why is collective so good?
Is it because you can purge?
Also what to do with pops that have the wrong ethics other than purge?

Just launched Stellaris and it had reverted back to some older save so I lost 5 hours of gameplay on my ironman save. I checked the save files, the local one is even older and the cloud file got somehow overwritten I guess. Has that happened to anyone else?

Now I'm hesitant to replay that shit because what if it happens again.

I think it would be fixed if the cooldown was lower and the traveling was instant

> It takes literally weeks to get from one point of the galaxy to another.
That's every FTL though, even wormhole can take a a while with charge up.

I removed the tech penalty for pop because that's some fucking retarded multiplayer balance thing, so I don't have to worry about that.

Habitability is 0% and 20% so I suppose I'll just enslave them all.

But is one in general slightly better?
I've heard that the AI are much more biased towards shields than armour.

It's fine on eliptical maps.
Every other type is too restrictive and clustered for it to be viable though.

I don't play with wormholes anymore either because they feel cheap. Warp is just right.

when will they let us actually customize what our races spaceships look like? Or can modders already do that?

12th for Paradox fucked up by making this game x86 so every new addition is doomed to fuck up the game's miserable endgame performance even worse

Personally, I have battleships with multiple lances on them, and I have destroyers and corvettes with anti shield weapons, so the front line can evaporate their shields, and the back line can hammer their armor.

>Why is collective so good?
>Is it because you can purge?
That and unlimited slavery and decreased ethics divergence, collectivist is literally GOAT
>Also what to do with pops that have the wrong ethics other than purge?
Enslave them, they'll be mad, but since there's no slave revolts in the game currently they can do fuck all about it.

If that's not an option because you picked inferior ethics, than just work on reducing their ethics divergence as much as possible.

Why not an all wormhole game? Then its equal

Why does x86 even exist still?

But that actually isn't bad mechanic. Half-baked as anything that paradox touch but not bad at all.

They want the XP audience

Does anyone have a combat tutorial? I'm getting rekt by an army of 800 firepower when I have an army of 1.200 and a better general.

Do pops actually change their ethics?
I know knew pops thay grow do, but ive never seen old pops change.

The AI really doesn't understand how to use wormholes very well.

Because wormholes are broke as fuck even when everyone has them.

Get beautiful battles mod

Vanilla combat is a joke

don't build more ships, get better tech

Wormholes would be way more fun if you couldn't jump back without a station in both systems.

I don't like torps on large or medium slots because point defenses shred them. If you want to use missiles you need to use hundreds of small ones to overwhelm point defenses.

I prefer Tchyon because they have 90% accuracy and hit instantly while torps take a while to hit as well.

Are disruptors any good?

Wormholes would have ideally functioned like the hivers

just build 80% corvettes like the ai does

Ye
Combo them with lasers.

I am rolling half laser-half torpedos

It's a nonsensical mechanic put in solely for the purpose of punishing fast growing empires. It and several other mechanics exist for that reason alone.

Paradox seems intent on keeping the pace of the game as slow as possible. Trying to hide the lack of content, most lileky.

>tfw you utterly fuck the enemy's fleets then go scorched earth mode on their space stations and mines so they cant recover by the end of the truce

What's the best ethos and trait combination if I wanna just conquer everyone and purge any alien and divergent pops? militarist xenohphobe collectivists?
Also, is it possible to terraform in this game? I don't wanna keep slaves around just so I can colonize different habitats

That my be reason why they pit it here but they could also easily just bumb the basic cost and gimp growth rate.
As I say I like it as it simulate to some degree(limited but still) the circle of empire.
>expand
>prosper
>stagnate
>fall
Also it simulate to some degree administration cost of having all that empire to manage. Bureaucracy, stagnated universities where old professors don't like upstarts and new theories are stomped. Or monopolies that keep current model or tech level so they can profit.

Its my personal view but it also help game balance if not abused.

>attack enemy 7k fleet with my 12k fleet
>combat starts
>something is wrong
>my ships move super slow
>my light ships leave the formation and attack enemy head on
>they all get destroyed one by one by whole enemy fleet
>rest of my fleet is still slow
>one by one, ships get faster and leave formation to meet with enemy
>they keep destroying them
>I cant do anything
>I am trying to click and give orders to individal ships but it doesnt work
>they are all sitting and watching YOLO'ed ships getting destroyed

another day, another ragequit

So from what I gather from these threads Paradox figured out the basics of how to make a 4x but in doing so forgot how to make a gsg?

Maybe Militarist Xenophobe Materialist for the extra gunz and gene warriors(basically space marines) which you cannot get if not Materialist
Yes you can terraform habitable planets to one of the adjacent planet types

No, they created the first 2 Xs and then once everyone hits each other's borders, it becomes EU4 in space but with even less depth than EU4 on release, somehow

Didn't know materialist was actually useful, will look up what it does
How do I prevent pops from diverging? In my very first game, I already had pops on my homeplanet use their ethos a few years into the game

There really ought to be a galactic core system, with a giant black hole or something that gives a massive amount of tech.
Like +20 of each.

That's what I meant.

Conformist trait
Reeducation campaigns on planets that diverge
Maybe a leader trait too and a special building
I am not really sure except for the two first ones

In that case, your assumptions are correct
It's worth a pirate I'd say just to spend a few hours figuring everything out and seeing that there might be a decent game in there after 50 rounds of DLC but before they fuck everything up

Is it worth me continuing? I own pretty much the bottom 80% of the galaxy, guessing I haven't won because I haven't wasted my time colonising planets for literally no benefit. All that's really left is the pink and green blobs and the tiny empires on their peripheries, everything beneath them is either owned by me or is a vassal of mine.

It's just a case of waiting out the clock while I integrate them all peacefully. Ran out of technologies, just getting +5% food, +10% army damage over and over again.

80% of my time has been spent AFK fast forwarding while shit upgrades or peace treaties expire, because there's nothing to micromanage, even the broken sectors are capable of keeping me at the resource cap continually.

>he thinks x64 improves performance

it changes the address space to above 4gb

the game does not use anywhere near 4gb, so there's no point

That's just a side effect m80, it actually changes registers to 64 bit
Endgame is boring, what else is new

This is my first 4x game, and my first playthrough, no idea how boring end game is supposed to be.

Also keep in mind that if you go materialist you most likely wont be able to research Psionics

It's not supposed to be, but this isn't really a 4X game
Anyway, everything is barebones as fuck, which is a conclusion you seem to have come to yourself
So no, there's no point in continuing unless you like map painting a lot

I hate this fucking circle.desert next to tropical, oceanic next to iceball, what the fuck. Meanwhile, it's fucking impossible for humans to colonise arid or tundra worlds because they're just a bit drier or colder than normal. What the fuck were paradox thinking, this mechanic makes no sense.

Not him, but Ethos close some of the research?

>federation president declares war on the Fallen Empire bordering you, without even warning you first

and that doesn't really change the performance of calculations, so you can multiply a number between 0 and 18 quadrillion instead of 0 and 4 billion, huzzah

who cares if it makes sense? it makes for a great office multiplayer experience!

Don't worry, you guys will win.

:^)

>allow others to declare war for you
>act surprised when it happens

>willingly allowing foreign empires to make your foreign policy decisions for you

0.02 energy credits have been deposited in your galactic express account.

Yes
>stellariswiki.com/Technology

You got wrong circle user.

>3th
dohohoho

ups 3rd.
My mistake. Too much coffee, not enough sleep.

Federation politics DLC when?

We're organizing a multiplayer game for tonight/tomorrow if anyone's interested
>Time
4:00PM PST May 18th

>Rules
Looking to start the first roleplay focused game. Doesn't have to be too hard roleplay, but don't cheese with Corvettes and stuff or make memey empires

>No. of players
6-8

>Method of communication
In-game

>Settings
Hyperlanes only

>Mods
Posted in steam thread

>Sign up
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris/discussions/0/357286532030945115/

>PST
>not UTC/GMT

it's extremely easy to convert gmt to any other timezone, but very difficult to go the other way because I don't remember exactly what the offset is for every single one, but I know the offset for my own and other relevants

>realize I was posting in a dead thread
Holy shit how good would it be if they made formations like they had in Homeworld

youtube.com/watch?v=sYHMfBwBRH4

The offset is -8 (DST).

okay great

Jolly cooperation

Why can't Civilization sustain its own general, lads?
I now know how fans of other games felt in the old /4xg/, trying to talk about Age of Wonders 3 or Endless Legend, and only seeing Civ5 posts.

are you using beautiful battles mod?

got the mod that allows for more direct control of planets, turns out its way too hard to micro manage 87 planets

Anyone can get gene warriors
My Fanatic Collectivist + Spiritual empire has them.

nope no mods aside from some color and emblem stuff
should I?

Because there's nothing to talk about and you guys didn't create fun memes.

>2 of my fleets enter battle with fallen empire
>they are about 40k each
>one of my fleets decides to go off and attack the furthest of their fleets and get fucking gang raped by all their fleets along the way
t-thanks

because it's incredibly shallow and if you've seen ~2 games you've seen it all?

there is practically no joy in watching another person play thru the game, unlike gsgs / stellaris to an extent

What are the best starting weapons?

So I've been enjoying a torrented version of this, but should I buy it?
The workshop support sounds fantastic but the DLC gouging is pretty awful. What do, guys?

Either I have misunderstood this, but why is this vassal state giving military access to his own territory for free?

Is this a subtle plot by the A.I to gather information about the composition and weaponry of my fleet?

Wait till summer sale at least
Personally i am waiting for the Complete pack

>sticks
best weapon ever is goo on stick tho

I used the mod and it made my battles last longer thats why i asked

i don't really know what it does other than visual stuff

Thats not what scorched earth means.

What are some absolute must have mods for Stellaris?

>stellaris.smods.ru/
>mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg!Y8JxBZyC

Enjoy

>Complete Pack
It's a Paradox game. It will have 50 years of DLC support, you know that right?

>have an alliance called Star Union
>Star Confederacy forms nearby

Is that the Shadow Broker?

I used the mod but my fleet kept stopping far from the enemies and not shooting. Trashed it.

>no cores
>no cultures
>no religions
>no casus belli
>no de jure claims
>can't terraform barren planets
>can't condense gas giants into solid planets
>can't build Dyson spheres
>can't build ringworlds
>politics are shit
>not enough resources
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI