/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension:chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension:addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing
- Booru:booru.splatoon.ink

>News
- Team Fancy has won the first Global Splatfest!
- New Amiibo have been announced for the Squid Sisters, as well as recolored versions of the previous Amiibo lineup, coming in July!
- You can watch the Squid Sisters recent live performance, featuring their first solo tracks 'Heartbeat Bomb Rush' and 'Seaweed Nights', here:youtube.com/watch?v=jOtjUG5PXlE

> FAQ
-pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
-pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr :
-splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki:
-splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats:
-splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VP3CPiSOBRs
splatoon.nintendo.net
reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/4jwwxf/i_am_my_own_twin_squad_i_played_two_squids/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

good work

Woomy

moyashichan!
ikakochan!

Forget Octolings, this is T H I C K done right.

Just had my first game with no disconnects in like an hour.

Starting a squad.

NNID: Gotta_Be_Blue

Join! Splat yebbies! Bully woomies! Have fun!

Really?
rage mail from a japanese player and a fag pretending to be japanese in the form of friend requests?

Probably because of the 2 disconnections

Please stop being cancer. Thanks

What does the message say?

Sorry.

Jap's hate anyone who has English characters in their name. Its gotten _real_ bad

One said P.ussy and the other I couldn't translate but from the \>_

Would join, but I dunno if I'll d/c or not. Fucking technology.

Cute

Sent

The only reason to keep your Callie amiibo right here.

callie loves jellyfish!

marie loves jellyfish!

just got disconnected from the squad

Iam not going to last long again

I already deranked from S, for the 17th time, because of this bullshit

This Jelly looks to be much bigger than Callie's.

They had new animations during the last splatfest?

See youtube.com/watch?v=VP3CPiSOBRs

marie is smaller
weighed down by sin

Nooo she's a pure, religious squid.

Lost connection

Why does everyone hate the drawanons all of a sudden? I thought he who shall not be named left?

They made a private discord to keep in contact with each other. After the infamy of the last discord, people are overreacting quite a lot.

Connection holding stable so far...no disconnections in solo ranked for the past half hour...

Squad is back up, come join again.

They're both pretty fucking big.

As someone who was chastised quite a bit yesterday, I think it's easy to understand where all the hate comes from
/ink/ hated the last Discord from being a "secret club" so to speak
Now that it's limited to just "content creators" I can see why someone would think it would be quite selfish
Add in the narrower definition of a "content creator" - one known to create content on a regular basis - and it becomes less of uniting those who draw art and more of uniting trusted "community members"
Some people hate the idea of a "secret club", and some people hate any mention of the word "Discord", and both posting on the same general makes for a weird impossible to avoid argument

It's not the sekrit club aspect that riles people up, it's the way it detracts content from the thread. There was a long, long war over whether the creation of the first discord would kill /ink/, since it would mean losing a lot of posters. Even though we're still here.

This discord will take away... five posters? Who will still come here? And there they'll be able to chat away and /soc/ialize, something else the thread dislikes, with no respute?

Also people hate the way the other discord kept looking for more members, by advertising its link and sticking it in the OP. So long as the content creators don't do anything of the sort, and avoid any mention of it, there logically shouldn't be any problems.

I think this discord is a great idea.

Discord = IRC application
Discord ≠ /ink/ discord

If that's seriously the case then people are autistic as fuck and ovbviouslt are just joining the bandwagon just to sound cool like they fit in like some gradeschooler. Discord is like Mibbit or any other IRC. The entire fucking discord is not that one channel that everyone hates.

>The entire fucking discord is not that one channel that everyone hates.
But it is.

That's a harsh way of putting it, but that's the gist of it. Misinformation is to blame.

yesterday they advertised their mario party(?) stream, which is both off topic and against the rules, so i can sort of understand why people are upset
personally it seems more like a gathering of friends that like splatoon, rather than something /ink/ related, so i declined their offer

Yeah that was a really bad idea. Didn't help their cause at all.
I would very much like to squad with some of them some time though.

I do agree that it was a bad idea and shouldn't have advertised it here but I think they learned their lesson. That one sole reason is not something to ride on for unspecified rage.
I think he still felt the need to advertise it here in case anyone was wanting to see what the /ink/drawanons were up to after they left. He probably would have had more luck in the /ink/ discord, though.

I need to wake up
I was playing horrible than I did yesterday

The beginning of this song is complete cancer, but it gets better when the singing starts, which is nice

Sometimes I get bored and do immature things.

Damn, which weapon did you make that with? Them's crazy neat lines.

Squiffer

No one fucking cares that you make a discord with your faggot drawfag friends. Just don't spam your shit and talk all mighty about yourself because you happen to be in a group that consider themselves "content creators" and expect some type of envy from others. You're just annoying.

They create content brah

i hate the one on the right
kill her

I'm not from the discord dipshit. I'm just asking why people are shitting on the drawanons. Maybe you're part of the problem you ignorant fuck.

What would /ink/ think of full power up coming to Mutliplayer. Max Damage Up, Max Defence up, Max Run Speed, Max Swim Speed and Max Ink Efficiency and Recovery

More powerful than Comeback, Opening Gambit, Last Ditch Effort and the effect of being marked while wearing Haunt all at once

SDU doesn't benefit it and it's heavy depletion

As a special? Sure.

It'd be good with some of the shooters.

i'd love it, it's powerful but not a "press a to win" kind

Art is for queerbos

I like the idea. "Holy shit, watch out for that squid with the super special."

Instead of pulling out a Kraken or Inkzooka, you'd just become insanely beefed up. Suddenly your weapon is tearing through defense ups, you're almost impossible to kill, you move like the fucking flash, and you're throwing bombs around like candy and STILL not running out of ink.

It's what Comeback wanted to be.

Make it cost 200p, medium depletion, and gets the higher boost from SDU. Give it to something like the Wasabi. Make it last 10 seconds, maybe?

It's powerful, but not as versatile as the other specials. You're still limited by your normal capabilities, but the special gives you that extra push that gives you a good advantage. You want to be able to stop pushes, defend an area, or help your teammates take map control/make a push.

Should it's effects be cancelled by picking up the Rainmaker or go unabated like Echolocator being unaffected by your death

10 seconds is broken especially if someone is stacking SCU, Saver or has a weapon that spreads ink like crazy

It should definitely be canceled out by the Rainmaker, otherwise you'll have people activating the special right as they pick it up and just out speed everyone. That would feel kind of gamebreaking.

I want Marie to make that face as I attempt to pleasure her with my micropenis

Of course.

I used to love RM but now its my least favorite of the ranked modes.

git gud

Tower Control a best

>tower control
>good at all
You're allowed to like what you want, but tower control is terrible due to the major jump in blasters suddenly any time it's on rotation.

Do the maps and modes change every 12 hours?

Every 4

Every four. You can see the current and next two here:
splatoon.nintendo.net

Holy fuck, they sure do know their target audience.

Ok, good to know, thanks

I like Tower Control because it's kinda exhilarating to guard and hide on the Tower and see how far you can make it before someone steps in. If you're a poor shot like me, it's nice to be able to contribute to the team by sitting and doing nothing.

If you've got a good team, RM is the best mode. Carrying a bunch of idiots in TC or SZ kinda depends on the map.

WW you can pretty much handle the zone on your own, but it's much harder on CT.

>10 seconds is broken

How long then? Would you pop the special to win a 1v1? Would you need it to hang around and defend a section of the map? 6 seconds seems kinda short.

Maybe not. If it's boosting you to 3main9sub of each ability, you could make it ignore any other ability boosts you have while active.

Rainmaker + 3main9sub Swim Speed is the same as regular swimming speed with no boosts.

If you let the special remain active with you have the fish, it'd just even out the speed penalty. That's not too fast, I'd say.

Okay, I know you're only B-, but can you learn how to go on platform with the rainmaker when it's right in front of you?

There is no "git gud". If you don't have a solid team to work with its a nightmare.

This used to be the mode I hated most but, I've come to like it.

LOL!

Autism.

reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/4jwwxf/i_am_my_own_twin_squad_i_played_two_squids/

They should learn to draw so we can set babt on them

That's actually kind of cool. Retarded and pointless. But cool.

Learn to play with your feet. Or make some friends you lonely bastard.

I dunno, most of the others are six seconds, and that'd give you long enough to wipe if people are close by.

0-4 R&M
5-9 Anime

Rip /ink/ u /stink/

I'd rather you dump art desu

What is the point of you drawfags I don't get the appeal?

What's a drawfag

How dare you insult drawfags. They are the glue that keeps this place together. You should be worshiping them as gods you no talent pizza shit.

LOL!

Someone who draws splatoon art

Then they're not a drawfag, most of us just post pictures saved from other places

Why? Its amateur shit and bad.

I dunno
I just post what I like
If you have anything better then please show it

A drawfag is a homosexual whose weapon of choice is the pencil.

They're sometimes seen wearing extravagant colours and carrying suspicious amounts of paper.

Because text would do just as fine to get your point across and be less cringeworthy

I don't know what you mean but I guess I'll stop posting for now then

Are you 5?

t. six year old

Why don't you post something better.

You must be 18 to post here. Come back in 12 years.

Let's be real and post our actual ages

Don't really see the point, but I'm the same.

Well, sure, I guess.

I'm 27