/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

old How to get autosummon covenants to work: steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119111456394/

>/dsg/ Player List
pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
>/dsg/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral
>Draw
doodleordie.com/r/darksouls
imgur.com/a/XhBxC (DeS)
collageanon.imgur.com/
flockmod.com/dsg

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10245127/r
strawpoll.me/10245289
youtube.com/watch?v=w-N_KS-pXFY&t=20m33s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Friendly reminder

First for remember to vote between SL100 and SL120!

SL80 removed due to process of elimination, so remember to tell the SL120 fags to stuff it.

strawpoll.me/10245127/r

FARRON BRIDGE FIGHT CLUB

SOMEONE HOST

>Lucy is this thirsty to make threads again
Next time wait until it's actually time, dumb ass.

Thanks for making this thread dawg

>SL80 eliminated
but it's the only good option

Let me fix that
strawpoll.me/10245289

SOUNDS GOOD, GO AHEAD

i want to sniff gwyndolins butt

hello

i wish i could

The stupid red sign summon restrictions in this game are cancer
What possible purpose could limiting red sign summons when the boss is dead accomplish?

It received the least votes, but SL120 twitch faggots think that theirs won.

As a SL80 I'd much rather fight SL100 than SL120

I'd host but homework

>tfw have to hand in a 7 web page site complete with Javascript & CSS in two days and started two days ago
>tfw it's actually our yearwork

So the options are SL120, where pretty much everyone is 120, or SL100, where half the people are going to be 120 anyway. Good idea.

why are bosses easier on ng+++
shouldnt they be harder?
or are you not supposed to level up that high?
im 127

Forcing you to start a new character and play the shitty pve more. DS3 feels like it was designed around a subscription model.

>tfw farmed all the sword grass in like 2 hours
>tfw got 30 dregs, 10 tongues and 30 sheckles by actual invasions
>tfw probably close to uncle adolfs genocide-record

spotted the angry redditor

Hopefully having some time in fightclubs and having actually had to deal with sl120 cancer and tryhard faggots will help people realize why that meta doesn't belong in DaS3.

what was it, like 25/34/37 ?
you can't just ignore the chunk of people that want SL80, that's still a huge amount of people

According to Japan, fight clubs are cancer. You should be lucky you can summon multiple reds under any conditions.

No, I just have a brain. I can understand 80 because it doesn't have everything of value softcapped and is out of the 120 range. There's literally no advantage to being 100.

I can host but have to kill Vordt and forfeit hosting at High Wall

your call /dsg/

While irrational I just really like stopping at SL100 because it's the pokemon max lvl.

Is he right?

Spent so much time in Highwall i wouldn't mind some new locations altogether.

>when it comes to silver knights

fucked that up. I'm developing a stockholm syndrom kind of relationship towards them.

also can captcha stop with the disappearing image bullshit?

why?

Having a SL80, SL100 and SL120 I can safely say that SL120 is pure cancer

SL100 is actually fine for casters, since you can have a pyromancer with the stats to use gargoyle flame spear/witch locks, 40/40 int/faith, 24 attunement and 27 vig.

SL120 is just... A pile of stats and disgusting

SL80 is still optimal for invasions/coop, because no one hits SL120 by the end of the game it's artificially inflated to fit buffs + max everything END/VIT/VIG on a quality build

if you don't ignore sl80 then 120 will win

>try the mail breaker WA
>slow, predictable and parriable attack that doesn't even break the shield's guard but deal damage through it, the dagger-tier damage
What a piece of shit.

No

cute

youtube.com/watch?v=w-N_KS-pXFY&t=20m33s
rip backstepping

No, there are already too much games catering to casuals, games that reward skill and patience are already few and far between.

>you can't just ignore the chunk of people that want SL80
No, but 80 is still within range of 100 and as most of the 80s in the FCs will tell you, it's really not that big of a deal facing someone that's level 100. There's a clear advantage but it's not enough of an uphill battle to be an issue, especially since 100 is still too low for quality metacancer to take it's proper form.

As an 80, I'd rather deal with sl100 buff builds, incomplete quality builds and pure stat builds with a little extra, than deal with sl120 quality builds and off-quality """"casters"""" that only "cast" DMB with 60 faith so that their gotthard's can 2-shot people.

>american talking about games with rpg elements
>always brings up skyrim

really sick of that shit t b h

So is refined gem best for quality builds? Also what's the soul level meta

>tfw have had the game since release but have been so busy I only get to play a little bit at a time and only just killed my 2nd lord of cinder

>Dark Souls 3
>Rewarding skill

SL80 routinely received the least votes out of the three.

We're having a vote between SL100 and SL120 because SL80 cannot possibly win.

Mostly to point out to SL120 faggots that if we're to have an 'official' SL it would be SL100, since anyone who's SL80 would rather fight SL100 than SL120.

>Dark Souls
>rewards skill and patience

A game that rewards skill and patience just came out, but it's sure not called Dark Souls.

I wonder if Nameless cared about Gwyndolin.

>Skyrim
>varied sidequests
>using Skyrim as a good example of anything
Wow, this guy really is retarded.

What are some fun weapons to pvp with?

>is the infusion that makes weapons scale best with equal str and dex best for the build about levelling str and dex equally
DUNNO LOL

what is it?

>or else do research and cheat to know what you're doing
>cheat to know what you're doing
>cheat

You tell me.

The formula isn't flawed because it works. People are willing to sink vast amounts of time into the series because they feel that their efforts are rewarded.

It doesn't work for DSP because he's a whiny shithead who thinks life should give him everything on a silver platter. It doesn't work for other, perfectly rational people because they aren't masochists, and/or don't see the value in spending that much time on what is effectively an illusion.

>cared
>leave him alone in AL

Reminder that 120 meta is cancer promoting only the worst kinds of builds.

Reminder that 89 is the only acceptable meta.

If getting max health and stamina was okay in dark souls 1 then why isn't it okay for dark souls 3?

Relative to elder scrolls? Yes
And you can't deny that the souls series is the catalyst to all these new "souls-like" games, like hyperlight drifter and others.

probably was best bro to his sisters

Threadly reminder that gwyns firstborn is a degenerate

with excellent taste

before he sided with the dragons, I mean.

who was gwyn's wife?
or did he conceive his children on his own

>left him to be eaten by aldrich

i dont think so
now that i think about it, nobody did, he was probably all alone there, only the darkmoon fire keeper was with him

the thing is, you should always expect people to be 20 levels above the meta level, this literally always happens, because you can still match with the meta

that's why if SL100 will become the meta, SL80 will match with even more SL120 than is currently happening.
If SL80 becomes the meta, most people will be SL80, second will be SL100 to have an advantage and third SL120 for people who want to fight SL100

If SL100 becomes the meta, most people will be 100, a good amount will be 120 and some will be 80. This means if you're 80, you're forced to either fight SL120 or not place your sign. (IIRC this goes even further beyond, I'm not sure but I think it raises to 30 levels above host at SL100 or so)
If SL120 becomes the meta, most people will be 120 or 140, however some people will still be 100 & 80, thus you'll actually have a better chance of fighting 80s

Hell, if I could I'd vote 150 just to get the cancer as far away from me as possible

>bows on all the little snake heads
That's just too precious.

how to fix pvp and make it more interesting:
>rosaria's fingers gain full estus
>red sunlight phantoms are allied in invasions
>mad phantoms gain damage reduction based on how many phantoms are present when they invade, only bypassable by other mad phantoms
>roll WoB and BS into one covenant, gets their own unique covenant item and rewards
>adherents to the new WoB protect eachother through auto-summon
>auto-summon has infinite downward range but scales down to the host's level if the gap is significant enough
>blue phantoms summoned this way are ignored by mobs entirely, but can still take damage from big mobs (the same way invaders can)
>darkmoon becomes its own covenant
>gains access to blue eye orb
>blue eye orb invades guilty, guilty can still be invaded regardless of the status of the boss in the area
>blue eye orb can also invade rosaria's fingers or aldrich faithful invaders in the act, gain twice the reward for killing them
>dried finger nullifies/prevents the use of giant seed

Whats up with colors in this game? I try to make blonde, I get light greenish, I try making brown skin I get pale yellow.

I guess it's my fault for trying to fit regular RGB values to DaS3 character creation, but still.

Post some cute DaS3 anime fashion please.

he made his children by having hot gwyncest with himself.

What SL should i be for the Cosplay event ? I'll wear my Catarina Set as soon as i get some points into Vitality

I like SL130 because it lets me invade everyone from 120-150, and gives just enough stats to make pure sorcerers not squishy trash.

What I'm asking is if the refined gem which appears to lower base damage but increase scaling going to do more damage then a fully upgraded normal weapon. Will it always result in a higher AR or are there some cases where keeping the original base damage will actually be better.

Thank you for your answer though

>he believes the -10 meme

wew lad

next you'll tell me that +10 can only invade +8

While i'm satisfied with PVP in the moment the only gripe I would have is obvious disparity between weapon viabilities, but even games that are centered around pvp (smash, sf) have balance issues.

Relative to, yes. But most games reward skill relative to Elder Scrolls. My issue is DS3 does not reward skill enough.

well at that SL it's from 117 to whatever the fuck it was

-10%
so the highest you can go and still invade 120s is 133

80 if you can fit all you need, go higher if you need more.

anyone who needs vit is gonna be SL100 or above anyway.

>130 can go down to 120

lmao, maybe 135

>fuck with host but never fully engage him during invasion in cathedral of the deep
>slowly but surely those sippies are used over time on level enemies
>he's goes into the rafters
>plays with the cathedral knights
>notice he's not sipping anymore but has half hp
>he does the first drop
>1/4th hp
>second drop leaves him with a tiny amount of hp
>CONNECTION ERROR

The only thing greater than my shackle is a delicious Alt-f4.

Rating:

Okay: Getting my shackle

Getting hard: Host tries black crystalling me out

Diamonds: Alt-f4

Although there probably should be a patch where you get your invasion item if the host DC's but meh.

It will always result in higher AR, especially if you're going 40/40. There are only a select few weapons that don't actually have much of a difference in AR when infused with Heavy/Sharp or Refined.

SL130 invades SL150. Developer said so, repeated testing has shown so.

>not knowing the true meta is 802

>SL20
>place my sign in front of Vordt
>end up with pic

Happens so many times. No wonder people find this game so hard.

Can I join the Aldrich faithful if I've killed Aldrich

There are bosses that are straight up impossible for people and the reward to skill is to not take the shameful path of summoning others. That's also one of the best aspects about this game is its natural way of controlling difficulty, not with a difficulty switch, but with having to ember and summon others, while risking invasions.

Yes.

That's because FCs are something that came out of the game's western fanbase. The nip community of this game is really stuck up its own ass. They see themselves as the original, and thus proper fans of the series (eg. "we've been here since demon's souls and only play on playstation, anyone else is a poser!") so anything that comes from outside of their circlejerk is looked down on.

Most nips only experience fightclubs by invading into them, and only really know about 'duels' as a competitive thing not brought about by random invasion conditions from being bullied out of DaS2's arenas by spinning twitchfags and thus fucked out of earning orbs. That's also why the nip meta for DaS2 was near-max SM. They mostly had to go into NG+ and buy orbs because they couldn't into arena.

Even then the "it's cancer" line is taken out of context. Some autistic nips were trying to defend the game's horrible state of balance and mediocre pvp by claiming that the issues balance only matter in duels and fightclubs, and fightclubs are cancer. That's also why they cried so hard over the FUGS when it was good but are totally fine with darkswords. They don't give a shit that darkswords are game-breaking for pve because they're free hornet ripostes when you invade into a quad of them. They hated the FUGS because fighting a squad of 3 FUGS users was nearly impossible and a single failed parry or laggy roll-catch was instant death.

Love how From memes on you by making the Princes longest recovery still slightly shorter than the Estus animation, making you think you can heal during that fight when you actually can't.

I DON'T KNOW user WHY DON'T YOU GO AND WARP TO THE RELEVANT BONFIRE AND FIND OUT

Is it worth going 40/40 in this game? I heard that it's like dks1, where 27/40 2h = 40/40.

i bc out if they start walking to dancer
why would you follow the host there if thats not the boss you want to fight

stopped reading when i saw Skyrim

In a lot of ways it's less about balance and more that weapons have extremely homogenized movesets, so at the end of the day there's next to no reason to take weapon C over weapon A when weapon A has the exact same moveset and range with 30 AR more.

You're a funny guy

That cosplay event seems neat, but what's the SL for it? Don't follow the meta.

Is it true that if you black crystal too much you get banned?

lmao

Because if they're stupid enough to summon someone from in front of Vordt, they deserve to have me follow them to the boss and refuse to help.

>people who summon in front of vordt's door to go fight dancer
motherfucker if I wanted to fight dancer and die in one hit i would put my sign up the stairs, don't waste my time

>want to use my Weaponfu through the entire game
>Moonlight Greatsword
>realize I could glitch Dancer with Sword Master
>fuck yes, this is gonna be awesome
>wait -- what about oceiros?
>remember I can summon Hawkwood for that
>fuck yes
>make new character and rush it
>finally up to oceiros
>no Hawkwood sign
>what the fuck
>looking around
>can't find anything
>google
>need to get pretty far in his quest line
>may as well just fucking play the game normally
>already spent my 60k souls I got from Dancer on Int
>I am a fucking warrior with 30 int
>FUCK THIS. I CAN FUCKING DO IT
>three hours later, still can't kill Oceiros
Fucking hell. I think I'm gonna give up on my Ludwig Cosplay

Hosts will be 100, but you can go as any level you need for your cosplay. Some cosplays may require ridiculous stat investment.

You are, with this post, claiming that the princes' longest recovery period is lower than 1 second.

You have to go out of your way to learn how to activate that boss early, so babies end up on Vordt and only learn about the Dancer if some idiot grabs Vordt summon signs for her. I see a lot of summons do the "Collapse" gesture when the host tries to drag us to that fight, because we know it's going to fail.

I've never had a host survive a low SL of that fight. Most can't even make it to phase 2. Some popular youtuber must have suggested people try it.