/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Update to the newest Luma3DS if you're having online issues with 11.0.

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-Nintendo flipped the Friend List online multiplayer switch, again.
-Even on 11.0, Luma3DS needs an updated arm9loaderhax.bin or Luma3DS.dat to go online. Get it here: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo 3DS Touchscreen Replacement/6015
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4preview2
pastebin.com/ES053DpJ
r4town.com/products/R4i-Gold-Plus-card-luxury-pack-for-Ninetendo-3DS-V2.1.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Local man bricks last thread

IOSUhax when?

ds games running off an sd card will never ever happen

I have a problem, my start button is permanently pushed down to a result of some hardware error or something and I was wondering if I were to downgrade, the guide states not to touch ANYTHING. Would my device brick if I tried downgrading with the start button still fucked? I don't wanna fuck up before I start, it's my only attempt.

>tfw my r4i gold from r4i.cn doesn't work with this

>Press Start to Reboot
Doomed to fail as soon as you launch decrypt9 or any of its subs

open that bitch up and remove the start button or prevent the contacts from touching

What's the wii u common key, I'm getting two different answers.

6a0b87fc98b306ae3366f0e0a88d0b06a2813313

or

D7B00402659BA2ABD2CB0DB27FA2B656

How the hell would I do that on an O3DS?
I'll end up breaking it before step 1.

Why not send it to repair first? Or ask for a replacement? Or it was you the culprit?

So is it just a forwarder that opens a rom on the flashcard?

Look for disassembly videos. If you're careful you won't damage anything.

Yes.

how do I update the FBI in my Health and Safety App? Do I just re-inject the newest version?

I updated my emunand to 11.0 (using Reinand) and things related to sleep mode simply don't work.
Sleep mode downloads don't work, and i get the blue light for spot pass but a notification doesn't pop up.
Does anyone know why this might be the case?

yup
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/

Yeah, follow the guide's steps on how to do it.
When I setup my h&s, the next day FBI was updated to 2.2.1, so I just redid the H&S part and it worked.

>reinand

just install the actual FBI to SD instead of injecting, much easier

I figured. Still pretty fuckin' neat though.

ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo 3DS Touchscreen Replacement/6015
use this. It's instructions on how to replace the touch screen capacitor, but it since you have to pretty much disassemble the whole device to get to that specific part, it should serve your needs.

While I agree, I rather not have two FBIs installed and taking up an extra icon on my screen.
It's petty, shallow, I know. But, the option is there, so why not, if it works?

UWizard validates this key:
D7B00402659BA2ABD2CB0DB27FA2B656

Can anyone help me out, I've been trying to load the Kernel exploit for the wii u 5.5.X but it gives me this error code everytime. I haven't the slightest idea as to why this happened because I've been using loadiine flawlessly for the past few weeks using the same exact method and now it suddenly stops working.

Close skype

If that's seriously the issue then I'll probably swap to Luma

can i still have a cute anime girl for a splash screen though?

skype has been uninstalled for the past few months so that can't be the issue.

You can still have boot screens, yes.

Are you hosting the codes yourself or using one of those shitty sites?

Yes. Most cfws nowadays feature custom splash screens

I'm hosting the codes myself

Does anyone have any information on the process of 3ds Rom translation? I can't seem to find anything about it.

Thank god. I'll try it tomorrow then and see if that fixes it up.

Will themes and home menu layouts carry over though or do I need to re-set all that?

Check out what is clogging port 80 on your pc and end it

cfws are pretty much completely cross compatible

Great. Thanks man

>github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4preview2
is this the NTR version plailect gave me the firmware.bin for?
or is there another fork I want to use just for screenshots and so on?

That one is fine

NTR Preview 3 when?

5 hours

Agreed.

ok thanks!
is having the firmware.bin from plailect guide enough to run NTR?
or do I copy the ntr.bin in its zip also to /luma/ payloads?
first time ever using that thing sorry for dumb questions

ntr.bin goes in your root, install bootntr like any other cia, firmware.bin in luma/

ntr.bin belongs into your SD root

it does though

Just load in to hbl first and then loadiine

thanks guys!
sadly it told me my current firmware wasn't supported
am I missing something or did I miss something about the 11.0 update?

Did you put the firmware.bin from plailect in your luma folder, not the payloads folder
On root, you should double click luma and see the payloads folder, firmware.bin and config.bin

Are you using luma3ds? Maybe copy the firmware.bin into the root as well. Make sure you have the right one

>NTR CFW loaded: succesfully
how did I manage to put the firmware.bin in the wrong place..
thanks again anons

HOLY FUCK

CHECK THE GATEWAY SITE

GATEWAY TIME MACHINE APP AND A9LH INSTALLER IN LITERALLY 4 DAYS

FAST AND RISK FREE HACKING ON 10.7 IS FINALLY COMING

>The brick chance is 0
>This is the safest hacking method to ever come

C F W
F
W

F A G S
A
G
S

B T F O
T
F
O

CFW FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH RIGHT FUCKING NOW

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN GATEWAY BECAME MASTER RACE AGAIN?

>WHERE WERE YOU WHEN GATEWAY BECAME MASTER RACE AGAIN?
playing videogames because I didn't fall for the Gatewait meme

I'm getting tired of this bait

hey man, no worries, it can happen

I am indeed interested in what their new app looks like

It'll look like what their interface always looked like. It will be running plaisysupdater and otphelper in the background. That's literally it.

No, it works with the R4i-SDHC, which is different from the R4i Gold, which the forwarder does not work on.

fuuuuuck, meant for

>the newest Luma3DS

You mean nightly, OP...

nope it doesnt it works fine with pic related

woooow it's nothing

Just got a brand new SanDisk 64 GB microSD, fit into an SD adapter, and my WIi U isn't seeing it there at all. What do? It's FAT32 formatted.

>he didnt get a shark card

Die /g/ scum.

>Mod my old O3DS while my N3DSXL is on the most recent firmware.
>Haven't touched my N3DSXL since.

Oops.

How dum do you have to be? We tried to tell you son.

>TIME MACHINE APP

So can I actually time travel?

I already updated it before I found out how advanced 3DS modding had gotten, I thought we were still at 'one game per SD card' levels. I thought I'd put 2-3 out of region games on the O3DS at most, but everything is so addictive.

For Pocket Card Jockey I need that cryptofixed .cia right?

If I want to get the upcoming Smash patch but want to keep Tubehax DNS/updates turned off, how do I go for that? Is it possible?

Is there an alternate tubehax dns that allows me to play online while still blocking the eshop and update servers?

I just installed the ticket with CIAngel and downloaded from EShop

Will the new smash update kill the music and character mods I have? I'm using this guide.
pastebin.com/ES053DpJ

What is this (v*) hack that's referenced in the guide? Can I do it without purchasing a game of some kind?

Name you used to find the ticket? I'm shit at finding stuff with CIAngel.

>too lazy to check a general

Oh well at least you're here now. You can read it while you wait another six months XD

Pocket. Simply as that

>XD
mate...

I don't even really use Veeky Forums. Don't pretend like you've never heard or seen people talk about something in passing, go to research it and see what developments people have made.

How do I get Picodrive on RetroArch to do 1:1 pixel mode? Every time I try it's always slightly stretched vertically and it drives me insane because it performs so well but because it can't fucking not stretch the graphics it becomes unplayable

>ds games running off an sd card will never ever happen
Stop reminding me. I really wish it would happen

Speaking of tickets, which other games specifically need to fiddle with them to work properly? Do CIAs downloaded with FunKeyCIA have proper tickets?

So been using menuhax + cakes for five thousand years and come here to see al9h is a thing, mildly interested in changing to it since it seems more convenient and reliable when done.

What do I have to consider before making the jump? The guide seems to focus mainly on taking a stock O3DSXL to al9h instead of pre-existing mod switching over.

My friend has a 3DS that he wants me to mod, trouble is his right shoulder button came off. He wants to send it to Nintendo to get repaired, but is there any chance they would update the firmware?

You can just skip the first 3 parts and start from part 4.

If you already have an emuNAND I think you turn it into redNAND with EmuNAND9 (the difference is pretty small and arbitrary) and go from step 3 because you already worked on the foundation

on wiiu loadline 5.5.1 is FGgetmountsource a common error when launching loadline?

Can someone post laughingpirates.jpg for me please

So Vita Black fin was released
It requires someone else to own the game and share it with the world but I'm actually shocked they found such a roundabout way to pirate Vita games considering its security.
I might consider a purchase, but I'll wait for reviews. I also wonder if it works with TV.

i am an idiot who forgot to put the sd card back in

So trying out Loadiine, I have Pokemon Stadium and Mario 64 on there and none of them boot up, they have a title ID and everything. When I try to open them the progress bar flashes on the screen for a fraction of a second and just goes back to the game selection screen.

Also when I boot up 3D Land everything loads in the progress bar but it just hangs on a black screen when it's done. If it's any help, I'm using a 2GB SD Card just for testing on Loadiine to see if I really want to invest in a bigger card for it.

Any ideas on what to do?

Holy hell, what is that ugly thing?

100% chance

Uhhh
A Vita Black fin.

But why!

If there isn't a new firmware, just change the DNS, update and then change the DNS again. (I did that with Splatoon)
What kind of game? Originals or backups? Because you can only play online with originals games, the DNS doesn't matter.

Uhhh
because Vita encryption
And you're not supposed to use the black fin btw, those are for sharing the actual games.

Okay, so I downloaded the MK8 v48 update from uwizard. Now what do I do with it?

And how do I fetch the latest Sm4sh update?

You can do that on WiiU.

Does this work with R4i Gold Plus?
r4town.com/products/R4i-Gold-Plus-card-luxury-pack-for-Ninetendo-3DS-V2.1.0.html
What pack should I download?