/aog/- Attorney Online General

Lucina got in/Rise triggers Autists edition

IMPORTANT: docs.google.com/forms/d/1EeykqoaHiarujoRmc_WNAyimx_H63Y-ShPUaPEyntJU/viewform
Please vote on the survey format of future updates!

>What is this?
Ace Attorney Online! Allowing anons to unite to talk, shitpost, perform AA-like trials and have fun overall.
Our server is Attorney Online Vidya, come join us!

>How to download this?
The following document has all download links and information:
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit

>FAQ & Tricks
docs.google.com/document/d/18cYwIzZDNQafru7k4Kif5uUTc2f0_j7lWpxFDMfVuAY/edit

>Gameplay footage WHERE?
Streams are almost always running. Ask in the thread!

>My client keeps crashing, what do I do?
Check the FAQ & Tricks document for help.

>[music/character] when?
docs.google.com/document/d/1mOUWhMcUVk8l0kJj1fEbmzsDa6-wQ6NdHV8NsQoJD1c/edit

>Strawpoll document
docs.google.com/document/d/1YDlzipx6h8Dkuh8GtK2LqPfpSPA3QJqD8UAMFcjpcyU

>How do I play [x] role?
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>WIKI
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/

>TEMPLATE LIBRARY
docs.google.com/document/d/14gc38VJu0igrVgVW92QWj3DJnrwZrntmpjLxah7Udck/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>HOW TO GET STARTED
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10240970
imgur.com/a/QQLmS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for ''I cannot lose''

2nd for miles best for screencaps

I don't like Rise's artstyle, animations, and shitposting potential to be quite honest.

>lucina got in
>no poll of her in the doc
sure

>tfw trying to understand what the witnesses contradiction is

>He didn't checked last thread.

Wew lad.

>>no poll of her in the doc
>Lupa voted yes in the doc and is aware someone removed her strawpoll
It's happening.

Here it is when Lupa puts it back on.
strawpoll.me/10240970

It WAS in the strawpoll doc, someone removed it, Lupa is aware and he will put it back.

Lucina is being added now? Why though, she's not even close to AA related. Are we just adding anybody now?

First of all, it is impossible to remove things from the strawpoll documents as it is in suggestion mode

Second, she wasn't approved yet; Strawpolls will only be examined and approved/denied on the update day, meaning this strawpoll still has a few days to go

>Why though
People want her

So we can poll for anybody then?

we will see my friend.

As long it don't look like shit.

Yes.

The strawpoll are here for that.

>we will see
>24 votes in favour 62% already

Well. I begin to work on the lipflap then.
I think they look nice.

The only saving grace for this character is that she can team with Barnham

Read the rules, you can poll for anyone as long as it meets some minimum quality conditions that are specified there.

That was the idea.

>Rise continues to trigger Autists

>rip never.

Are you implying a certain group of people are autists while also implying at the same time that the group of people you identify with are not autists?

So when are we going to add Azama from Fire Emblem Fates?

>Never played AA but found this thread by accident
>Play a couple games of AO
>Have a blast
>Makes me want to play AA
>Emulate it on my cell phone cause apparently cell phone NDS emulators are a thing
>Have blast
>tfw playing AO makes me want to play AA and playing AA makes me want to play AO

Please never let this feeling die.

On another note, people are arguying over Rise but I have no idea who that is and I tried googling I dont even know what im looking for.

Make a strawpoll and then put it in the suggestion doc

it's a waifu

Rise Kujikawa. Persona 4 character. Girl who people want to use as a witness for whatever reason.

>people are arguying over Rise but I have no idea who that is
A character from Persona 4

Oh yea her.
I see now.
This whole thing makes sense now.

>for whatever reason
I know, I hate when people choose a character as a witness.

> Lucina, Barhnam, Asougi team

You just sold me to her you cheeky bastard.

>all of a sudden we gain 7 no
Lupa we really need to move to the new survey.

Anyone feel like casing?

No, I'd rather spend the rest of the day shitposting in the thread about Lucina and RIse.

You meant acting like a little passive aggrssive bitch.
I just want to case man, why do you bring drama when I just want to play.
Fuck outta here with this shitty ass attitude.

Yeah sure, what area?

Area 1

Oh boy.

Is it a civil case?

No
I just forgot that area 1 had some special properties. the guys in game told me it didnt matter though so I guess were staying.

Hello

>55 voters in under one day
>implying this is legitimate
>implying this is happening
Lucina is Rise 2.0 then?

Guys, roll with me on this for a second-

We all know that the sheer length of cases can get to be problematic for older players and intimidating for new ones; as fun as a 6/7/8 hour case can be, it's also damn hard to set up a complete window of time where you can be on AO without a single interruption or conflict. I know that just in this past week, there have been many days I would've loved to case but only had a few hours available to do it.

So, I started thinking about it, and I had this idea- what if we were to dedicate a courtroom to "light" Turnabouts? Basically, cutting out all the fat and doing cases with a light crew of:
1 Defense Attorney
1 Prosecutor
1 Judge
2 Witnesses

that can cycle cases in and out within 2/3 hours? It'd be much more in-line with the size and structure of the original AA cases, and you could just start with the Prosecution presenting the case against the Defendant and with (nearly) all evidence available to start rather than lengthening things up even more with the Detective, CE, and requests. Leave the cases up to the witnesses, and keep the DA and Prosecution rapid-firing back and forth with the Judge to supervise it all.

It'd be a great way to make getting into the game more accessible for new players, giving them a chance to case without having to dedicate an entire 8 hours their first time in. Plus, there's less pressure on if you possibly fuck up a case, because they cycle out faster and a mistake is gone before you know it. And, it gives a nice alternative for when you don't have the full day to devote to AO but still want to get a case going.

Thoughts?

It looked pretty legit until this thread.

But well. People gonna complain.

I doubt the amount of people actually makes it longer.

This has been discussed before.

There already exists a 4 hour doc, modify it to remove the co's and you have your idea.

We never have a case going on in every single room so devoting a room for it is not needed.

>60 votes now where at least 25 of them came out of nowhere
LUPAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>30-35 was realistic.

Now it's 60 and like half of the no came in less than 5 minute

I think the idea of a devoted room would just be that if I, say, want to do a light case, I know where to go and I know that everybody in that room also want to do a light case. It avoids the probable arguing that you'd get from some people wanting to case at length and others wanting to do light ones.

But, that's just my thoughts. Like you said, it's rare for every room to be taken in the first place, so I doubt you'd run into an issue of a group wanting to do a full case and having no room for it.

Oh, I'm absolutely sure it does. Between an additional testimony, CE, and requests, and the returning Detective bringing new evidence in half-way through a case, plus benches having three times the people on each side, it's part of why cases extend as long as they do.

It's already have been tested. It doesn't.

CE are why case take long. Witness alway do long testimony with little contradiction hidden behind a wall of question.

Then we have THEORY TIME and MUH DOUBT each time.

Trust me. We already tested and the number of people isn't the problem

Well, what about also limiting witnesses in light cases to 8 lines of testimony? Less to dissect and over-analyze, shorter CE's.

And like you said, CE's are why cases take so long. In that case, doing cases without a Detective testimony/CE would shorten them considerably, no?

Detectives are basically first witness and lay out the scene. If you get rid of anything it would be the second one.

Could that not be established previously in the case doc/opening statement, though? The problem with having only one witness is that it's either indictment or bust for the defense.

Any cases about to start up?

if you want more people to complain about the length of case building and muh pre-written, it could.

This

People try to hard these days with their CEs

What's wrong with a short CE that has a contradiction in plain sight?

If it's complaining and actually being able to case versus no complaining and not being able to case, I'd take the former any day.

And I don't think it's too "pre-written" to just have a description of the crime scene written in the doc instead of written as the Detective describes it. Hell, most cases I've done recently have had maps and explanations just like that already, reducing the detective to just repeating what the doc and evidence already says.

It becomes the same thing, minus the steps of bringing out a player, having them say it themselves, then going through CE and requests. You end up with a description of the scene that witnesses will use in their testimonies either way.

Updated Terry breakdown.
Thoughts?

Can we make these a thing?

No because the emotes of 2d Ryu are like only four

Case in area one starting up, and no it's not a civil case. Needs supports and a judge

imgur.com/a/QQLmS
Eh, there's like 10 if you count with and without the defenseband. Although it doesn't have the preanims.

>imgur.com/a/QQLmS

If only he had a pointing animation. Then he'll be okay.

Why not leave the background transparent and then the black screen?

Streaming in Area 1

twitch tv/lawfuldickish

You mean like this?

i think he mean No courtroom Background

Hey guy fixing Wellingtons ini, how's the progress coming?
Thanks for doing this shit

Well I need to know what's wrong with it exactly. I was told he's just completely missing his breakdown?

>Neil isn't on the iniswap char.ini
ONE JOB

>2 witnesses

Too much of cases nowadays is the prosecution stonewalling and demanding verdict after one witness instead of moving on, this area would need a rule preventing that shit from prolonging the case.

Oh, right. It's transparent in the final gif, I only added the courtroom background so you have a better idea of what it looks like ingame.

>demanding verdict after one witness instead of moving on
You mean the way it's supposed to be?

Except guiltyfags have their own definition of what "reasonable doubt" is and will deadlock the trial unless their extremely narrow definition is met.

See: that fucking Gundam trial.

Except it's not up to the prosecution to choose when the verdict should be. The judge decides when and if the next witness comes up. And if the Judge is feeling like a guiltyfag then you just got bad luck.

Manfred tells Wright to find a contradiction in the first testimony of 1-4 or he's going to be held in contempt of court and a guilty verdict delivered.

We aren't even at that level yet.

Oh okay my bad then.

Yeah, the breakdown is in his folder but it's split up into two animations

Oh I see, no emote in the ini file is using (b)break.

This should be an easy fix

In that particular instance, multiple contradictions had been pointed out, including one completely changing the time of the crime to a point the primary evidence linking the defendant to the scene was no longer valid.

Instead it was 2 hours of shitposting instead of bringing up the next witness to refute the discrepancy.

Actually what the fug. (b)break looks like the end of the breakdown, but (b) is the talking animations while (a) is the idle animation. They should have been reversed.

What you are saying is absolutely unacceptable but completely what the prosecution is supposed to do. The issue here is the judge.

Yeah, it seems like judges nowadays seem more interested in just providing bantz instead of actually trying to direct a case.

For one, I can't believe that the judge didn't step in for the case a few days back that had two 40+ line testimonies

Any areas ((case?))ing?

>detective presents all the evidence and facts instead of a testimony
>everybody understands everything
>takes less than 30 minutes for detective + requests
Why don't we do this more often?

area 1 is casing

I notice that judges are willing to give the defense a billion second chances for no real reason more than what you guys are talking about

when did this trend of detectives just being witnesses start anyway

You mean with Vasquez and Ron? Fortunately it was just shitposting and was completely skipped.

>i got screencapped
Nice.

>peanut gallery shouting at the DA about contradictions during detective

Detective shouldn't even have them, they're supposed to establish the scene. The only thing resembling a contradiction should be an overlooked aspect of the evidence, which is just request material anyway.

There were no contradictions. Everything Thundercock said was a fact about the case as we know it.

I know, I'm just saying in general.