/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #3026

Over One Billion Cripples Served Edition

Last Thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free)
About Katawa Shoujo: katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
Summer's Clover (This is an unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS Alpha (Pre-release version: pastebin.com/weL41ehu
#KSGGames (Risk/Chess IRC Chat): pastebin.com/eaqK2kPq
Pastebin: pastebin.com/syJHnDCB
Writebin: pastebin.com/jUpSAYZE
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/fFCGBSdi
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
New KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
/ksg/ exclusive 3DS themes: mega.nz/#!3hkznbaR!Zu_0gWDvitQspHUaEhtUeLG7iJhK4Q_79MpXaASkrQo
Katawa Shoujo Lite: newgrounds.com/portal/view/608881
KS Interactive Shrink: writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1858014-Katawa-Shoujo-shrink

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rvwfLe6sLis
youtube.com/watch?v=y656HurxRoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WIKqgE4BwAY
youtu.be/8xg3vE8Ie_E
imgur.com/a/X0nvo
soundcloud.com/vantagenoise/dat-boi-extended
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hanako's route was perfect!

Lilly!

go away suriko

I love all of the katawas equally!
They deserve equal love!
I liked all of the routes!
They will never be real! ;_;

How was your day, /ksg/? My day has been pretty close to perfect, let me blogpost through this adventure:

>nice lunch, ate a lot
>talked with old friends I hadn't see in a long while, it was cool
>finally talked to a cute girl I have some classes with and now I know her name she reminds me a lot of Rin, although I can't say yet that her personality is cool, but I surely hope so, I want to marry her and have children already

I mean, the past few months were like a blur to me because nothing is happening, but today was one of the best days in my life and nothing really special happened. The little things are too good and add up, though. I hope you had a nice day.

Perhaps your feelings are real, but your feelings for Katawa Shoujo are not?

Some day the universes will collide user, just be patient.

>nice lunch, ate a lot
Oh? What did you eat?
>talked with old friends I hadn't see in a long while
It's always nice to see old friends. except when it's not but that's not important.
>finally talked to a cute girl I have some classes
Have you planned anything? Are you going on a date?

I'm glad to hear you had a good day, I hope it is followed by many others.

As for me, my day has just begun.

My feelings for KS are very real. No other game has made me cry like a little bitch.
I'd love to wait for that day to come together with all of you guys.
>I want to marry her and have children already
I understand in times like these, you feel excited, as if anything can happen. And that's a good thing, because from what you told us your life wasn't all that eventful before today. But please, above all else, remain *as rational as possible.*
Whatever you do, don't get ahead of yourself, ever, and for the love of all things holy, do not get involved in any drama whatsoever. I'm trying to help from experience. You don't want to make a fool of yourself like I did.

why does saki have a cane? what's her disability? inb4 "she uses it to beat down niggers and kikes"

I ate at MC Donalds, it's rare for me so it's always good and I really like their food don't judge me, if you don't like it you're a dirty hipster!. As for the girl, I just talked to her for the first time, after trying to do it for a couple months (wasn't really a priority, I was too scared she would be disappointing as a person, as it happens a lot when I actually meet people), I first noticed she existed one day at the end of the last year when she looked kinda like Rin because of her hair. She seems a pretty nice person overall, from what I've seen from afar, that's why I wanted to talk to her, but it's kinda hard when everyone already has their social circle on college.

You can talk to me about your yesterday, then! Something interesting happened?

I was just exaggerating, I know the risks of being too delusional and projecting what I want a person to be, when in truth they are nothing like it. I also have experience on that. I will go slowly on this one because this is the first time in almost 2 years that I see a potential relationship and I don't want to screw up. I'm also really afraid she will turn out to be lesbian, it happened before, or simply don't see me as a potential boyfriend, but whatever.

It actually has a spearhead hidden and she uses it to kill jews.

katawashoujo.blogspot.com/2011/04/announcement-future-plans.html

>Spinocerebellar ataxia, a degenerative disease that makes her gradually lose muscle control, amongst other issues. She uses a crutch to help her balance

>Mc D's
Nothing wrong with Mc Donalds every once in a while. I was actually trying to look for a KS-Mc'D's related image to go with the OP.
>The girl
She sounds like a lovely lady. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

As for yesterday, nothing interesting happened. I hung out here, kicked my friends ass at a variety of strategy games. Nothing out of the ordinary.

See It's pretty fucking morbid when you get into it.
At least she will be remembered as a qt.

Ohhhh, that was the girl with ataxia.
I know what the disease does, it's fucking terrible. Rest in rip saki.

I played boring video games and didn't say a single world all day.

Although it can be good to be alone sometimes, you shouldn't do that often, user. Every time you spend too much time without talking, interacting or socializing, you lose a bit of the habit and if you do that too much, you'll have to relearn again how to talk to people, it's pretty awkward. It happens to me sometimes when I don't have classes and stuff to do and stay too much at home, even though I still talk to my parents/brother/people on the internet. This can be easily avoided if you go for a walk and pass by the bakery to buy some bread and talk to people there or something like that. We are social beings and it's something you learn from habit, you'll be much happier and appreciate more things in life if you don't isolate yourself like that.
Unless you're a stoic, because then happiness shouldn't affect you too much. Or a buddhist monk.

Hope you get better. And find less boring video games to play.

Post songs that remind you of your waifu!

tl;dr

What a fucking faggot.

>Mc D's
The old Act 1 ending pic is the closest I can think of.

youtu.be/rvwfLe6sLis
Lilly

nice picture. looks like rin put on a bit of weight here?

youtube.com/watch?v=y656HurxRoQ

>mfw i let this play for 3 secs then skipped randomly ahead to 2:34

It is a typical thing for the artist I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=WIKqgE4BwAY

No kenji/10

Don't die on me now.

So I just finished Shizune's route. It was good.

Compared to all of the other routes. Hisao's character development is the most clear and emphasized, and his behavior is mostly consistent. Shizune was the most complex katawa in my opinion (even moreso than Rin) because of her endearing and frustrating drive to compete as well as her complex relationship with Misha. Speaking of Misha, I like how her character was handled and posed a sympathetic antagonist in this storyline; shame how the other katawas face more internal rather than both external conflicts in their routes. Some may find the length a plus but I felt the whole thing was rather bloated and poorly paced at times, especially in comparison to the other routes. The only real negative thing I can say is that the artwork in this route is of the poorer quality in the novel except for the h-scenes for the most part. I think you know which scenes I'm talking about with the offmodel Misha and Hisao, but this didn't occur often enough to be a significant problem. All in all, I can see why Shizune and Misha have their fair share of fans, and why some people would argue that this is the "canonical" route. I'd say it was on par with Lilly's.

Also Jigoro best side character.

>offmodel Misha and Hisao
Which was that?

I agree with most of your points, and I think most of ksg does too. Its pretty much the general consensus that It's a good route, but the pacing sucks and at times it's just frustrating. But good point with the route conflicts, I never really noticed that

I am fairly certain you have shit taste. Just kidding, well, kinda. You have a point when you say it seems like it is poorly paced and it's probably because of the amount of edition it got in it's final version, you can see it in the alpha that this route was all over the place and very inconsistent (suicides all over the place, unnecessary drama, etc) and I think that was the point of the "dumbed" down final version. Just one choice and a relationship progression better defined. The route felt kinda pointless, though, and I think this is what most people complain about: you don't see how Shizune and Hisao got closer, they just kinda did while life continued around them, suddenly Misha is depressed and is having suicidal thoughts, Shizune is always thinking and organizing something, Hisao is kinda lost and then everyone is suddenly happy, although they don't have anything to be happy about because highschool is ending and they won't see each other too much and then the route ends.

I don't agree that Shizune is complex at all, but I see your point. She has a strong personality, thinks about the future, wants to be successful and yada yada yada but that doesn't really appeals in a romantic story. It's not like the other katawas don't think about the future or dream and hope to achieve things in life, it's just that the focus of the story isn't that, it's about their highschool relationship with you (Hisao) and Shizune's story seems to be anything but that.
I can agree that this Hisao is very consistent, but I don't think it's bad on the other routes, so I don't know if that's really something to praise.

I hope I've shed some light on why I, personally, don't like Shizune or her route.
Also, pic related on the art bit.

Moshi

Hesow

It doesn't seem that bad.

>Shizune was the most complex katawa in my opinion
I respectfully disagree with this, there is nothing complex about Shizune. In fact I would say she is as straightforward as her hips in her second h-scene. She's all about going forward, that's pretty much it. Eben the "good" ending should be considered neutral at best in my opinion, they simply split up and go their own ways, Shizune simply treated Hisao as her high school disposable love.

>Speaking of Misha, I like how her character was handled and posed a sympathetic antagonist in this storyline
I fail to see that somehow, I'm not even sure what you mean bu that actually. The fact that she tried to have sex with Hisao when they were both down? Sorry, I really do seem to miss the point.

>Some may find the length a plus but I felt the whole thing was rather bloated and poorly paced at times
And a single decision to be made during this route doesn't really make it any better right?

And that being said, good morning /ksg/

After having some time to reflect on it, yeah these flaws are kind of obvious in hindsight. Shizune's family was brought up but weren't that significant to the plot, time skips every few pages, lack of choices, and nebulous character development really don't sit well with me but I must have turned a blind eye while reading. I'll come to a better conclusion tomorrow, I'm tired right now.

Night /ksg/. Don't die.

>as straightforward as her hips in her second h-scene
they may have used a real-life model

'ta, mun.

Lilly
youtu.be/8xg3vE8Ie_E

So I just finished the the VN, having started about a year and a half ago.

What do I do now?

Continue with your life? Which was your favorite one?

Probably Emi, which is great, because that's the one I finished with.

Emi is great.

>asian
Now that's hardly fair.

you're my nigga

why? shizune is asian

Well you're not wrong.

lil japanese shizune and emi a qt

Yeah but my waifu > yours.

i respect your choice, and wish you a happy life with her.

I wish me a happy life too.
And for you as well, unless it's with Shizune.

Posting original version.

how much of hanako's arm is burned?
I'd rather not look at the you-know-what scene if i can help it

Around 70-80% would be my guesstimate.

Anyone want to play chess?

going to bed, actually. gotta work tomorrow. good luck with your match

If it ever happens...

This is fine.

imgur.com/a/X0nvo
finally
one version for the more adventurous

Nth for a happy Hana!

what an absolutely silly pair of mistakes to make
they have been fixed

>Not wanting to rub your cum into Hanko's burn scars.
Are you even trying son?

Sorry bro. I'd keep you company but i'm not very good at it.

That is a good hana.

I'm not even that good.
Or at least I don't think I am.
Besides, it's not about being good. It's about having fun.

soundcloud.com/vantagenoise/dat-boi-extended

dat boi is one of the weirdest memes I've seen in a long time. It came from nowhere and just fucking exploded

I paid no mind to the meme until I heard that song. One of the best vaporwave tracks I've heard in a while.

You think that's bad, I used to legitimately like darude sandstorm in the early 2000s.

watching the NHL made me love darude sandstorm

They used to play it at school dances and stuff, too.
Shit was all over Bearshare as well. Remixes and bad CD rips everywhere.

Well, I'm tired. Bedtime for me, goodnight KSG.
>tfw didn't even get quests done
Tomorrow.

G'night, dood.

I will marry her one day

My gf doesn't like that I've gotten into anime in the last year.
She's on thin ice.

This means that she don't like Rin... Why are you even together?

>She's on thin ice
Does she act like an annoying bitch about it or just dislikes the fact that you like anime?

Nah, she's not annoying about it; I was simply making a joke. If anything, I don't blame her. Five years ago, I was weird-- but I wasn't waifu-weird. I should do a better job of concealing my love for Rin and Lilly.

KSG? More like KS-Gay!

She's pretty cool, even if she isn't disabled.
Unless an acute OCD/anxiety disorder qualifies.

Yeah you should hide your powerlevel when exposed to 'normal' people. Try to get her hooked though, introduce her to some series you think might fit her tastes, it can be done. Done it with my ex and WoW

>Rin and Lilly.
No user, you must choose.

Fine, Rin, but you're breaking my heart.
It'd be an incredibly slow process, but I think it might be possible.

>but you're breaking my heart.
Such is the price we pay for loyalty.
You can still care about her but certain things are off limits.

>You can still care about her but certain things are off limits.
Yeah, letting you find out about it.

You'd be surprised.
My ex HATED WoW because one guy she was into before ditched her on a date cause he would rather go play. Then when she was with me we played this thing called silkroad, korean grindmmo. Once I said 'I wanna play some WoW, I won't sacrifice our time together for it nor force you to play with me' an she was like 'ok cool not really like it but we can manage'. Then she saw me playing once and she's like 'nyaaaa, you have mages? Can I be a pretty pretty mage?' Aaaaaand then she got hooked. And we moved to retail at some point. And last year she left me for a guy from our guild. After being together for 5 years. And they both stopped playing for now.
Ok, yeah, it backfired in the end but well, I succeeded in one way or another.

KSG WHAT THE FUCK. I 100% legit saw a fucking ghost last night.

At like 3am I had a bad dream and got startled awake. Then in the corner of my room I saw a hooded figure carrying some kind of thurible, swinging it back and forth, and slowly walking towards my bed. That went on for about 30 seconds. It disappeared before it reached my bed. The whole time I felt this horrible horrible chill all through me and just couldn't look away. I was breathing super heavy too without even realising.

What the fucking fuck. I wasn't even in one of those weird half-sleep-half-awake states, when you are susceptible to that kind of thing but can just write it off, but rather I was *completely* lucid and nearly actually reached for my phone to try and take a picture, but I was just too scared at the time.

Someone give me a good explanation for this, what the fuck. I'm sleeping downstairs from now on.

I'm just coming up on the 6 year mark next month, I'd better not risk it for now. Sorry to hear about your experience though.

It was just your waifu trying to give you a spook, you will see it's her once she's close enough

Oh shit, you actually saw me?

You didn't even try to kill it?
Lame, man.

Alpha Hatsuseno wouldn't do that to me.

I dunno user, it sounds like a pretty solid case of sleep paralysis. I'm sure you'll be fine, but light some sage just in case. Say a prayer, you'll be alright. Worst case scenario, jerk off at it.

What if it's just to understand you better?

W-what were you doing? Stay outta my house!

Forgot my vacuum cleaner. In fairness I got up and crawled along the bed towards it just out of morbid curiosity and abject terror.

Nonono it wasn't sleep paralysis. Like I said above I could fully move and knew exactly what was going on.

Does jerking off work? Because I had a hard-on the whole time cus I just woke up. That might be an option next encounter.

I've seen figures and faces before, but only in a half-asleep state. Usually, I wake right up, shout at them, and try to charge, but they always disappear before I can get out of bed.

"You cannot feel fear when overcome by lust". I don't remember who said that, but it's very practical. I've heard many tales of it doing the trick. Freaks Out/Confuses/Takes Power Away From the entities, no one's really sure how or why it works.

Got spooped fuckboi?
Maybe you ate something bad before going to bed and it was just a hallucination?

Don't be. I used to be, I'm not anymore. Hell, she left me after 5 years to live with a guy she met maybe 3 months earlier over the internet and never seen him irl before. Sure I lost someone I loved but hell, turns out there's not much to mourn here right?
Good luck for you two though, hope you both will be happy together!