/shmupg/ - Shooting Game General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread:
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mushihimesama store.steampowered.com/app/377860/

Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours store.steampowered.com/app/377870/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo:
3-get.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3622

Deathsmiles store.steampowered.com/app/314180/

WOLFLAME: store.steampowered.com/app/448160

Battle Crust: store.steampowered.com/app/444710

Space Moth DX: store.steampowered.com/app/425340

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

RefRain store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

New Degica port soon(tm)

>Don't forget to vote!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640071250

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640592545

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637500472

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg#comments
youtube.com/watch?v=876W253z6KY
youtu.be/mB1xLvEpZRY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Nocchi

second for shooting gay never die

3rd for why

From Kraut-kun with love

That's one sour kraut steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg#comments

One month from here I, Kraut-kun, will be in the top 5 leaderboards of Crimzon Clover, Arcade, original, Type I.

Mark my words.

I thought we were gonna talk about giant robotic fish instead of germany.

What are you currently working on? I still try to get that 2-all in R-Type. The 1-all I already have, but the second loop can get really difficult.

>there are currently 10 members in game
>not a single one plays a shmup
>only one shmupping is kraut-kun

I'm trying to beat Darius Gaiden, but every time I try a new route I find something that just rekts me.

I'm looking at you hungry glutton.

final boss is my favorite euroshmup

Undertale is best shmup

How is it an euroshmup again

its a m*me you dip

Mostly Judgement Silversword since it's JSS week, but I decided to play some Buttrider since a friend wanted to see it.

I don't have MAME running through Steam, dufe.

2-all in final boss

I was streaming Doom. The original Doom. Who doesn't like Doom?

But no yeah I am gonna have to do another Deathsmiles stream sometime within the next few days. Seems to be my normal trend.

I want Aoi Yuuki to watch me play Dodonpachi Saidaioujou Expert in an arcadia certified arcade when I've just reached a Type C world record score and fulfilled the requirements to fight Hibachi.
Then she would restrain me and step on me while saying condescending things to me in her Inbachi voice, forcing me to watch as my lives are disappearing one by one, until she finally says 「死ぬがよい。」 as my last life disappears.
At this point the arcade operator notices what's going on and the high score on the leaderboard, with 5-陽 below it.
The last words I hear before passing out are "gomen howaito piggu clear takes priority over score wwwww"

Kolibiri is my favorite shmup

I want whatever shit IKD was on when he decided to put that attack in the game then leave it there saying 'yeah, this is completely reasonable to expect of a human being'.

cave knew it was going to be their last game, they put an impossible troll boss in on purpose

IKD always gets the last laugh

>I play shmups for survival not for score!

Nigga why would you do that? Like, it's the same of saying

>yeah I love football but I don't try to score, I just mindlessly run around the field
>yeah I like to drive, my automatic car is awesome!
>yeah I fuck bitches but I don't cum inside them, in fact I just rub the tip of my dick around their vaginas

So what you're saying is that it's akin to
>yeah I bought this PCB but I can't actually play the game worth a shit

Mostly working on Crimzon Clover. Yeah, I'm the guy last thread who was bitching about the Crimson Heart and how tough as fuck it is.

i play for fun

Everyone should enjoy THESE GAMES however they see fit.

There is literally nothing wrong with driving automatic
Also I just like to play a bunch of different games, haven't found one I really care enough about to score in

I hope you find her someday

What do you like about it?

Honestly I was half memeing when I posted that but I really like the music and setting/atmosphere

>There is literally nothing wrong with driving automatic

Bump

Another bump

baing this autistic

Can Eschatos week be soon? I like it much more then JSS.

>not Type II
lol what a gay

false flag

what are the top 5 scores?

>danmaku garbage

>One month from here I, Kraut-kun, will be in the top 5 leaderboards of Crimzon Clover, Arcade, original, Type I.
>Mark my words.
Shame it'll take you 300x more hours to do it than everyone else. Degenerate German cunt go be a real german and put your hijab on.

It's the closest he'll ever get to controlling a bird.

Shump!

It techinically already happened
but let's just say it may get an EXTEND soon

I wish I could play JSS on my actual WonderSwan. Too bad it's FUCKING $730 RIGHT NOW

when's 2hu week?

shump thrad

why haven't you taken up Brazilian jiu-jitsu, shmupg?

Have to book my tutors first

Feelings on Turbo controllers for games that don't natively have turbo?

for context, the fastest way to do damage in JSS is to hold the front fire button while tapping the spread shot. It's KILLING my arm, but I've seen a huge score increase since using it.

I feel you should play games that are less kuso

OH, cool. I can dump JSS webms again.

Use autofire with a keymapper instead of destroying your arm. It can happen for real instead of just feeling bad.

There are games like Blazing Star where your shot actually becomes a stronger version if you mash really fast which is... why

I use a TE, meaning I can finally use that Turbo function that I've literally never used before! sweet.

Yeah Eschatos even steals some of the music from JSS. Why weren't they sued?

SHOOT WHAT?

Assign wide shot to a shoulder button

Good tip though

Bump

Hibachi called, she wants her makeup kit back.

#
>tfw eschatos is so ded scoreboards haven't been updated since the original hard wr

Scoring well in Crimzon Clover is really difficult.
It's so unintuitive that always have to stp shooting to kill enemies with your lock-on instead of the shot.

Died on Stage 20 again
High score though

Got to 24 this time
The mirror boss is easy once you get the pattern down

That R-Type animation is finally finished: youtube.com/watch?v=876W253z6KY

I thought that's how most shmup bosses worked.

True
I have the pattern down, is what I'm saying

>it's a "I play shmups using bombs, savestates and/or autofire" episode

Stop posting this nigger

>it's a "I play shmups using my hands" episode

Steamgifts doesn't know this game so here have a free steamkey for Shiplord. ZW5LG-GYXVH-HNZ FA

I got into shmups so I could play Touhou EX stages but keep on playing arcade shmups instead.

Very smart of me to post my video just before the thread died.
youtu.be/mB1xLvEpZRY

I really hate it when you've gotten gud at a certain level while practicing but when you play through the game, you still end up losing a lot of lives at that level.

>that fucker just flies in and DESTROYS A FUCKING SKYSCRAPER
>when you defeat he literally turns himself into sashimi (which I've always wanted btw)
>storm causer is best palette swap

>>?

I'd like to think that Storm Causer was the same first boss coming back for revenge with a major upgrade.

Congrats!

>tfw have no cheering pictures in my /c/ folder that are relevant to the general.

all anime is relevant to this general

>Roll
>anime
I mean, I guess in the way that Touhou is animu

I hate it when practice but still never get good, because the skill ceiling of the game is just too high.

Ok people - the final boss of R-Type, what the fuck?

Every single replay I've ever seen the player never moves and just button mashes / holds autofire.

But when I do this, every now and then one of those green goons comes at me from the wrong angle and wrecks my shit.

Is there something I'm not doing right (not buttonmashing fast enough, not being in the exact right safe spot) or does this fight rely on sheer luck?

You need two bits for the boss fight. This means you basically have to no-miss the later levels.

still only works about 4 out of 5 times

Then you must do something wrong. You just have to sit a little bit under the middle of the screen on the left, wait till the boss opens his tentacles, then shoot your force pod in it, and just keep firing. That should do it. This always works

Of course you have to fire fast enough, otherwise the boss shoots a green ball at you after some time.

might be that I'm not buttonmashing fast enough, I'm bad at it and tired from the whole previous run

I'm in the spot you mentioned, the one everyone uses.

Yea, you have to fire pretty fast. Otherwise these goblins can reach you, and the 4th or 5th ball the boss shoots will hit you.

nice art btw, where are you getting it?

Pixiv has a lot of nice shmup fan art, especially R-Type.