/lite/ Rogue-lite General

Rogue a Worst Edition

>What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CqzodYmCPiw
steamcommunity.com/games/311690/announcements/detail/958517213928808807
youtube.com/watch?v=2w2b033DXCw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fug
Last Thread

Anyone for cute

Winchester's game is good

>tfw you find Brimstone, Soy Milk, and Tammy's Head in the same run for the first time.

I also had Taurus, but that was pretty much overkill at that point. Does Soy Milk override all damage increasing items if you get them after you get Soy Milk? I picked up a few items and it didn't look like my damage went up.

Winchester is a good man

My runs are consistently ruined by explosion damage.

Fuck cars. Fuck barrels. Fuck snow tanks on ice.

Anyone know what just happened? During the boss fight when I was close to the entrance an ammo box and half a heart spawned on the other side and then the rat took the ammo moments later. It was the first time I've seen stuff spawn in a room I'm not in at. It was also the first time I've seen stuff spawn mid fight.

I think it happened because the tank shot the AK-bulletkin bullet somehow through the door or close to it. Possible bug exploit for free keys? Stand there with immunity and bait him to spawn dudes to the small room and they insta die giving boss rewards?

4 stacks of dorito shrine + hip holster + hunter's crossbow made for one of the most fun runs yet. Raining bolts down on everything all for the cost of one ammo.

Nice!

>dog digs up a key in Bullet Hell
GEE I've got a free key, how SWELL

Have any more pictures like this?

just chicken and crow

Thread is alive!

Refined the Bullet King strategies today between some Robot Bullet Hell streaks.
youtube.com/watch?v=CqzodYmCPiw

I guess potential speedrun strat, but it was intended to be a safe method. Doesn't work in boss rush. Assuming different room layout preventing bullets from the top cannon being cancelled entirely.

How much pussy did the Convict eat in prison?

Glad someone resurrected it, I didn't know where I was going to brag about my e-peen.

What were message were they trying to convey when they made Rogue the worst character?

Haha nice find, bet they'll patch this out if they find out.

>>dog digs up a key in Bullet Hell
>keys in boss rush

Today I learned that there are mimics in nuclear throne. It was so unexpected I stared at the screen for a full 5 seconds before I realized what had killed me.

>not expecting mimics in every single game
hello summer

tfw no mimic item rooms in isaac where the pedestal rises out of the floor and becomes a spinning turret of death.

Greed as a fight counts as a mimic enough.

You can even trigger the fight by trying to blow up the non-hostile shopkeepers. It's a rare occurrence though.

I'll let them know. No harm from fixing a boss that's easy already.

Do the reapers scythe guys spawn more often if your cursed?

Nope! Those are always there on certain rooms.

Fuck i got to the last area today,and wasn't excepting the crazy enemies around there.

Game is hard,but crazy fun.

God FUCKING damnit
and I had to fuck up canonbalrog of all bosses too

>shotgrubs

I just realized there are destroyed chests in Providence's room, huh.

Those are tables with chairs.

>373 barbed wire
w-where is it?

another dimension

yeah soy milk sets your damage to the minimum no matter what, which is why it is bad

if you get enough the circle gets so big that it goes off screen

>found my first glitched chest on the first fucking floor
>will probably never see one ever again

Also I hate beam weapons.

nah, it just sets your multiplier to very low
I believe that a magic mushroom basically nullifies the downside

For the Isaac weebs who play here, do you ever restart a boring run? Like one that has no interesting or especially fun items at all?

I'd beat the run anyways, so yeah. I restart the slow runs because they take way too long for my liking. I also skip dailies if the first item is not one I like because why waste my time when I already have NT dailies/weeklies to do that take 1-2 hours depending on how gud I git.

I need to get back to playing risk of rain. I beat it and got bored of it real quick afterwards. It's a good game though.

I THOUGHT THAT THERE WAS A PATCH NOT A LONG AGO

GODDAMN

OOH

Agreed

Surprised me too. NT isn't really a dungeon crawler so it seemed out of place. Isaac should have them though. Afterbirth + when

I feel like shopkeeper's being fightable is a classic move and a roguelite trait. It's weird that you mostly can't do it in isaac.

>afterbirth+ when
you're the reason steakmund gets away with his memes every time

Can anyone explain their pattern to me?

>shoots bullets that do wiggly patterns
>wiggly bullets explode into more wiggly bullets that go in all directions
also known as literally no fucking patterns at all

I think I'll move to risk of rain soon. After melting B most likely. Maybe/lite/ coop can be arranged. Looping and crowns aren't interesting enough to be worth my time. I liked the headless chicken achievement though.

I never take it but you can combo it with Libra to make it useful. As bad as Northernlion can be at some games, he has completed more than a few soy milk runs.

I never restart except for speed challenge and keeper runs.

I'd pre-order the future promise of EA to Afterbirth+ :^)

Not only there are mimics, there are health chest mimics

Acrid best character 11/10

I am playing on monsoon difficulty and living so easily right now. For a melee character who is right inside every enemy on the screen when attacking, they are not actually taking that much damage at all.

I'm glad defeating glitch beholster isn't an achievement. It's as rare as the rarest of pepes.

anyone still doing isaac or nt dailies?

I do the NT dailies every day.

yep

Angry or Homing bullets?

Why not both?

>gungeon
>trying to unlock the shortcut to floor 2
>5 runs in a row with either not enough key drops or not enough money

I can already tell the other elevators are going to suck assholes.

Depends on what I'm doing. If i'm challenging myself to go for a streak then I don't restart, but if I'm trying to unlock a certain item, or just have a fun run I'll restart until I get at least one decent item.

Usually though I just play as isaac because the d6 almost guarentees a good run every time.

Play Pilot and don't spend anything

I had more luck with the chick and the dog. Increases chances of getting keys and the crossbow is good enough to beat the chamber 1 boss and most of chamber 2 with ease. The real problem was either not enough money spawning or not enough keys. Both are completely random.

Do you guys play gungeon with keyboard + mouse or controller?

I feel like aiming is easier with the mouse but movement would be a lot easier with controller.

Mouse keyboard here. Killing specific enemies first in later chambers is pretty significant.

I use a combination of flightstick and mouse.

All 5 of my left hand's fingers are on a button ready to perform any critical action necessary.
Index finger for blank, middle finger for use item, thumb has 2 buttons for next/previous gun and center for swap item. Ring finger has map and pinky finger has 2 buttons for drop item/gun.

Mouse has fire, dodgeroll, and reload on a button on the thumb-side of it.

I find it works well to reduce any real-estate clutter that comes with the keyboard, now what normally hogs 3 fingers for WASD is controlled by my wrist.

Gungeon's on 1.0.9 now

>Mimics no longer teleport when re-entering their room, and can now follow you out of reward rooms

The cheese is over, those red and black mimics are coming to get you.

Same
Finally getting good at the dailies, I'm somewhat consistently hitting Scrapyard L1, all it took was switching mains to Steroids.

Previously I was Robot for months and Rebel the last weeks.

Red and black mimics should be the easiest to deal with out in the open though.

Patch 1.0.9

steamcommunity.com/games/311690/announcements/detail/958517213928808807

Looks like they did address empty rooms in cursed runs as a bug.

>Fixed a bug which caused some rooms to spawn with no enemies if the player is cursed

Wasn't someone talking about this just the other day?

Guess he did go tell the devs

It was me and another user. So casing cap per chamber is not a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=2w2b033DXCw

Is there some good trick to avoiding damage from the gattling gull when he's doing the attack where he walks towards you shooting? The pattern feels so random and he often shoots in front of where you're running. The fact that he walks so close makes it hard to sidestep the shots. Typically I'll just line of sight him during that attack, but some arenas aren't really good for that. I almost always die in the area with two water-filled channels.

>Fixed an exploit where players could hide in boss doors that spawned to the north of boss rooms
does that mean you can no longer cheese the part where high priest goes ooga booga and hides under a blanket while still shooting
goddamn

No, that should still work. There was a bug where if the boss entrance door was on the north side, bullets would disappear before hitting the player there.

I really hope edmund learned his lesson from afterbirth and doesn't do any retarded time-gated ARG bullshit with afterbirth+.

That being said I'm excited for the expansion, except for the challenges. FUCK some of the isaac challenges.

So does the Luck Foot really make that much of a difference? My Cain runs always seem to go far better than anything else.

>Number One+Torn Photo+Screw
>Mantle
>Dice Room rerolled a floor and gave me Holy Light

>FUCK some of the isaac challenges.
what, you mean you don't like relying your life on a little piece of shit that walks into spikes while only having a melee? :^)

>So does the Luck Foot really make that much of a difference?

not really. Luck can be good though depending on what items you end up finding. the lockpick trinket and his increased damage help though.

That challenge was bullshit but at least it wasn't that bad compared to some other ones. I think it only took me a handful of tries. I particularly dislike any challenges that end up requiring holding R for an hour until you get a strong starting item. Same reason I hated rebirth lost, fortunately keeper isn't quite as bad but he's close.

Challenges like brains and speed made me want to punch my monitor.

>roll the dice
>cursed + cleansed
gee,rng,i really needed that.

>fatmund
>learning anything

>roll the dice
>limited
>immediately restart the run

Beat all odds and clear that shit, user.

I probably would try if I was good enough. I'm still pretty shit and haven't made it past chamber 4

>play Risk of Rain after a long time
>don't have glass
>enemies take forever to kill
>remember why I stopped playing

>not having glass
how

Imagine him shooting a cone at you. The furthest leftmost and rightmost bullets are the edge of the cone. The cone is git gud zone where you need to bob and weave the bullets. If you don't want to get hit just walk calmly further away from the boss while dodge rolling out of the cone. He will adjust his attack again at you making you the center of the cone but just walk backwards and dodge roll out of the cone when a bullet is about to hit. Some times if the spray is favorful you can just keep on strafing a circle around him. Always keep dodge roll as a last defence when you know you need to jump over a certain bullet. Also abuse bullet time when changing guns, it's super fun and effective. Just spam in on and off while waiting for the perfect moment to jump certain patterns. It's part of getting gud.

So I just beat the Dragun while being blessed and unlocked Gunther. Does his damage increase proportional to the number of rooms you clear or is it just three levels of different shots and damage, kinda like the Polaris?

it becomes homing and bounces off stuff, also increased damage, infinite ammo and you don't lose the bonuses ever

Gunther is the best fucking gun in the game
His damage becomes insane, and he homes+ pierces at his final level while having a huge clip size, great fire rate, and ludicrous damage
Not to mention he's decent at his base too

But yeah, he's only got 3 levels, but he really doesnt need infinite scaling.

is there a trainer for gungeon or something where I can give myself items yet
im bored

tried watching that bisnap guy streaming gungeon
is he literally autistic?

in my experience actually using melee attacks without dying is pretty much impossible past the first few levels

unless you're Loader and just permanently invincible
acrid is still pretty good for his other aoe abilities though, although he's bad vs bosses without some item to stop time or become invincible so he can actually melee

Just use cheat engine and use "always spawns chests".
Holy fucking shit it makes a insane difference

you can't cheese them from the hallway any more but you can at least lead them to a bigger room where they will be much easier to dodge