/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous thread: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- Central Fiction Act III is out for Japanese arcades with Nine & Izanami playable
- Console release is in autumn with Es confirmed playable
- XBlaze and CPEX out on Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/421610
store.steampowered.com/app/388750
- New manga called Blazblue Variable Heart starts getting published in June.

> USEFUL LINKS
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/g3XuzXVj
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
- Steam/Skype Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/BlazBuru
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/EupJUZnx
- Blazblue Music
mega.nz/#!ERZFAZwJ!Os0KzK4EDU0kXl_f74sdkKO1gRlANjeHs5uGStIH0vg
mega.nz/#F!PQAmiDpY!yOAWI8ZfzJX99bLOR4r5XA
-DS3 Installation Information
github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/blob/master/README.md#installation-how-to

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GjmgAg8Gfj8
youtube.com/watch?v=1vvJS3C4PIw
youtube.com/watch?v=7lRcNcOiyAw
youtube.com/watch?v=RZ6IWn0w5L8
youtu.be/F49IILoxQm8?t=6m16s
youtube.com/watch?v=VAUoVKqafOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=u1bK98rZzzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Izzy!

You the man user

Nice try but you're old and busted

Cutest robutt.

More like old and busty. Goddesses shouldn't be so flat.

add this colored plat armpits to your collection user from last thread.

do NOT lewd sena!

It went to the right place with Izzy.

Post her legs and thighs

X days left until best girl is playable

She's the only reason to buy BBCF

Dude. Thanks. We'll keep Platposting to a minimum I think, for now.

sounds good. just a few post a day maybe.

When Rachel met for the first time, even when he was young, she certainly realized that he would be the most important person in her life. Throughout the time they spent together, she grew to become his as well, and in CF everyone will see the result of their love.

So you're saying you're like gods of chaos that need to be appeased by offering plat pics, so that you don't destroy the thread?

I don't see how it "worsened their characters" to have them focus on each other even though they had other friends. The events in "Heart to Heart", which contained the defining moment that cemented their friendship only involved those three after all. Yes, Mai and Kajun were retconned into the story and they got added to Academy flashbacks created after 2012 but the Noel/Makoto/Tsubaki relationship was still the deepest friendship those three girls had. It's not as if Remix Heart featured Mai as Noel's BFF and Tsubaki and Makoto as being more distant to her.

Again I don't see why a shift in tone is a problem. It might have been a problem if there was a constant mood whiplash, but the story gradually became more serious. And I fail to see why you think Seifer's plot or Jin being driven berserk by Yukianesa were problems. Nothing about them contradicts the games.

You say that the conclusion to Mai's story was obvious with the benefit of hindsight. There was plenty of speculation while the manga was coming out about whether Mai would eventually turn back or not. Sumeragi even said in an interview that they only decided to have Mai stay as a girl for good around halfway through the manga.

Have you guys been practicing?
Are you sticking with your current main when CF comes out?
You aren't dropping combos are you?

Platposters are benevolent entities. It is done with a purpose to benefit /blaz/. We do not abuse our powers.

I practice everyday, but I still drop combos, in actual matches especially.

Probably going to stick with Mu-12 in CF. She looks so much better. However the vast majority of the cast seem to be significantly stronger than her, so if she does turn out to be really weak compared to the rest, I might switch to Izzy.

Hopefully it's just a matter of her not being optimized and such yet, the new projectile already makes for some pretty silly combos.

i mean if you wanna join in and post pics of her too go ahead.

I'm going to try out Es and Mai if she comes out. Still going to stick with the four I've played with

Have some Tsubaki combos
youtube.com/watch?v=GjmgAg8Gfj8

I always hated how the nips do combo videos. Just write that shit down. They're practical and should be well learned.

Now Americans? We do that stuff right. Flashy, impractical shit you will literally never be able to pull off in a match even given 100 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=1vvJS3C4PIw

beautiful

It worsens their characters because Makoto is just there to grope other girls and be a squirrelgirl, Tsubaki wets her panties every time Jin is on page, and Noel is...well, Noel is as she's always been. Mai is still too close to them, and it's really jarring to suddenly have "hey remember our good friend Mai? Yeah, me too."

Seifer's plot and Jin's freakout are problems because no one mentions it. Fuck, Jin's freakout is important for all of one chapter, and then no one cares oh look at the nice glacier Yukianesa made that we can use as a swimming pool. It goes from light to serious to light again, now it's time for obnoxiously jealous Shiori to compete with Taro. Seifer's plot just doesn't fit with the game because, again, no flashbacks touching on it. I wouldn't give a shit if it didn't involve Tsubaki, Noel, Makoto, or Jin. Then there is the constant fanservice. If Remix Heart wants to be a mild ecchi manga with Academy hijinx, great. But it decided to go in a different direction and that means it had to be taken seriously.

There was plenty of speculation, but no one was surprised. We've only known Mai as a woman. If Mai had been introduced as a man first, or had some quality time spent on her life as a boy, then the genderbending would've had some weight. Instead, who cares? It's a character we know foremost as a woman staying a woman, with only some >her and >男 jokes. I don't even give a fuck about Mai herself, she's pretty generic with a gimmick but BB has plenty of those fucks, but Remix Heart as a whole drags BB down.

>dat 6A at 2:10
SMOKIN'
SICK
STYLE

I think I wanna learn Kokonoe

Overdrive BK was a mistake and it took away half of the fun of playing Ragna.

Thanks for the shitty blockable DBD super instead, Arcsys.

I want to fuck Kokonoe!

Overdrive in general is a mistake. It's funny how badly they're trying to incentivize people to use their burst offensively. Hell, look at Persona. Shadow characters are shit because they lose out on burst.

Put it on a timer, and accept that players need it defensively.

I like overdrive but defensive overdrive was a mistake.

why
it has massive recovery compared to other activations of OD and can't punish much because of it, and it has the halved timer. it's kind of shit save for a few characters and only if you're blocking certain things like a special or a multi hit C or D normal, otherwise you're way in the negative
>but EA
nobody's getting caught by EA half as often now and it pisses away your OD unless you have AF, in which case you lose AF and get 4k instead of a huge OD combo. doesn't mean as much since everyone got hp buffs in CF to the point where the lowest hp is 10k.

oh yeah and EA is 20 frames so it's baitable as fuck from a standard blockstring

people might not get hit by EAs like before, but they still do their job of giving you some breathing room under tight situations

like, when you're trapped in the corner blocking and activates OD your opponent is kinda forced to respect the possible EA since it's invincible, which can lead them to drop their pressure. We see that in matches very often, people jumping back or hesitating when the opponent ODs while being pressured

that's the reason it was added
it doesn't excuse the fact that ODR is hardly used for a reason, reason being that the gains aren't great for most of the cast and the situations they're usable are few. so yes with a failed ODR punish they can still threaten EA, but that just means you lame them out on their halved timer. that's what most players do.
there are games where the opponent doesn't respect it at all because they have the lifelead and 2k + AF is nothing in the face of trying to catch them doing something stupid to turn the match around. bunch of terumis get beaten that way.

Thanks for the games, everyone.

Wait, a lobby was up this entire time?

I was memeing and fishing for a (You).

You're ignoring the fact that the girls' personalities are the same as in the games; they're simply more relaxed since their lives aren't in constant danger. E.g. Makoto threw Noel out of some quicksand while staying inside herself, thus showing her dedication to her friends, and Tsubaki acted like the model student and worried about the rules when Jin wasn't around. The author of the manga does write for the games as well after all and she kept them in character.

>"hey remember our good friend Mai? Yeah, me too."
Seems perfectly realistic to me. Haven't you ever done this about friends from school that you have drifted away from? Mai went AWOL after graduating because she wanted to prove her worth to her father and Noel, Makoto and Tsubaki were all extremely busy with their own lives and never tried contacting her. Hell, they hadn't even kept in touch with each other until they met in CS. Why not complain about the fact that those three who were so close also drifted apart?

Why would people bring up Seifer? That problem was over, Seifer never had anything to with their lives again and they had way bigger problems in the games to worry about. And Noxes are notoriously difficult to control so the NOL monitored Jin, like we see Kagura doing, but allowed him to keep his weapon since he was able to control it after that point.

Sumeragi said they decided to have Mai stay a girl while they were working on the 2nd volume of the manga. I don't see how you can say that everything was blatantly obvious when the creators hadn't decided how they would end it.

Name a BB song title that describes your life, /blaz/.
Anyone who doesn't say Endless Despair is a fucking liar

Black Aggression, I live in Detroit

The Highlander, because I fight against other immortals to the death with my katana.

Big miss, then. Should have used the manga to show them developing into those characters, give a sense of maturation(or just change, I guess) instead of repeating the same shenanigans we saw in the games. Wasted potential, as usual.

Spirit of Fire

Black Onslaught.

Black Onslaught II. First was already taken.

Limited Again ;_;

Black Onslaught II > Black Onslaught
There I said it

Those characters are supposed to develop in the games themselves though. We see Noel maturing and Tsubaki learning to prioritize her friends over the rules over the course of CS, CP and CS; you can't have that happening in a prequel manga. Same with Makoto; she already underwent her character development in Heart to Heart before the manga started. We had already seen that their personalities were the same as in CT in the existing flashbacks; having their personalities changing only to go back to what they were would have been pretty bad.

Those were all side-characters anyway though; Mai was the protagonist and she did mature over the course of her story. Mai was able to adapt to her life as a girl and come to peace with her current self as well as overcome the trauma inflicted by her father's treatment of her; he was very harsh and expected perfection from her, making Mai feel worthless because she couldn't live up to his impossible expectations, as well as teaching her that she should treat everyone as an enemy. The way in which Mai managed to open herself to others and gained self-confidence and a sense of self-worth with the support of her friends over the course of the Remix Heart manga was an example of character growth.

Blazblue story issues come from the fact that Mori doesn't have a clear direction on where he wants go with the series. He takes ideas he wouldn't use in the main series like the Phrase 0 Novel which was suppose to be only one novel from what I gather but ended up being extended because of the sales being good and then imports it into the main series.

Which leads to retcons in the story that wasn't previously there. If he handle the introduction of such characters and information more better I don't think people would be complaining about the story getting out of focused.

I agree.

Neither is actually good, but II is better.

*tosses fireball and makes training dummy run all the way to the other side of screen*

Post your favorite Blazblue shit
youtube.com/watch?v=7lRcNcOiyAw
youtube.com/watch?v=RZ6IWn0w5L8

youtu.be/F49IILoxQm8?t=6m16s
>original taken down

>Try harder in your next life
Every time

Rebellion

youtube.com/watch?v=VAUoVKqafOQ

SUSANOOH

Hello my fellow Argentina brother

youtube.com/watch?v=u1bK98rZzzI

But it didn't really? Like that butt is literally nothing special in BB universe? Rachel and Plat both have a better butt.

Look at those salty Kagurahater tears.

they just jealous

what position and what hole

I've been practicing. I practice together with Celica every day. It's one of the easiest ways for us to do things together.
I'm going to stick with her not just in CF, but forever. We'll love eachother and care for eachother forever!
I still drop combos a lot, but that just means we need to train together even more!

From behind, pussyhole.

I've been having character crisis so I have no idea. I've just been practicing with whoever.

no BB girl can compete with plats butt. rachel also has a huge bubble butt due to eating snacks and sleeping all day.

>from behind
that's not very specific

cute pic

Platinum and Rachel have the bodies of children, meaning they'll have small, bony asses.

in game they both have moves that show them off. also the official artwork proves that they do have nice butts.

Rachel has a move that shows off her ass?

Celica has a nice butt, too! It's so beautiful and soft, I want to rest my head on it and drift off into a soothing rest at her side

What was the hardest think to learn as a newcomer in BB to you?

Getting used to barrier being its own meter because I was used to faultless defense in Guilty Gear being shared with the rest of your meter.

im trying to find an animated sprite of it but cant. its when she summons pumpkin.

Fuck off Hibiki

Hibiki hates Kagura though.

Does it actually show her ass or what

It also smells really good, like a real heavenly scent
I want to tell her how nice her butt smells

its sad that theres no good fanart of the girls using their butts as a pillow.

Hibiki hates Kagura because he doesn't notice him much

Have you seen Hibiki's act 3 story? He wants to kill Kagura.

Because Kagura refuses to use Hibiki's boipussy

I used to love Celica but the Callumposter ruined her for me just like he did for everyone else.

I agree. Butt pillows are top-tier. So cozy. So intimate

Learning how to link moves together into combos. My only experience in fighters was Smash bros brawl and occasionally Mortal Kombat Armageddon of the most casual variety.

Choosing which cute character to sub to lmao on new friends and which edgy super hero to pick as a main was tough too.

Hibiki admires and wants to serve Kagura but, because he's mentally fucked up due to being raised as an assassin, at the same time wants to murder him though he's in denial about it.

Hey guys. Sorry to ask more stupid questions. But is there a recommended order in which to play the character's stories in CSE?

I've played Ragna and Noel's stories, and they both ended at the same place. Where Noel is reborn as Kusanagi

Do the other character's stories take place within this timeframe? Like, if I were to play Jin's story next, would it take place while Noel is doing her stuff and Ragna's doing his?

Thank you.

No

Is that no to both questions or one?

Thanks.

It means the timelines are screwed

Oh okay.
Cool, cheers buddy.

What existence is Raquel suppose to be?

Ragna's fuck toy

Threadly Reminder that Ragna's Azure Grimoire was never made by Terumi because it was Ragna's own alternate timeline decapitated corpse.

Oh, and Trinity made Platinum and used her 2 friends as the base for Plat's personalities
Luna's personality = Nine
Sena's personality = Kazuma

That is all

Platinum personality being base on Nine and Kazuma is speculation. Nothing of that has been said in the arcade stories so far.