Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Rainy days edition

>Great news!
Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cdd8jpwLL88
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is Generations going to be easier or harder than 4U?

Kind of both. The quest line is fairly long and goes by easily enough until you get to variants, which are pretty aggressive not unlike 140s.

Insanely easier, not even a contest. There's a couple variant monsters with OHKO gimmicks, but once you learn those gimmicks the difficulty is perpetual High Rank.

The sole exception is Ferocious Silver Ratholos. Melee'ing that faggot is hell.

Some variants will fuck your shit up

Does the game even explain why ferocious exists?

They're really angry

Wow.

HR Caravan 10 is fucking my shit up, I don't think I'm cut out for G rank fampais

reminder that tama is A BOY!!!!

Well you're probably attempting it with high rank gear, so that's gonna make some difference.

G rank is piss easy if you're playing online

Maybe if you tried doing the carrying once...

This, I've been doing 126-135 Teo with randoms to grind up some Rebellion GQs, it ain't easy at all.

I exclusively play with other people who are progressing at the same level I am, and I rarely cart.

Granted I haven't done any GQs or apex fights, but I was under the impression that all of G rank was supposed to be difficult

136+ is the difficult part, if you're having a hard time with anything else you're bad.
LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE.
Except Azure Rathalos. Fuck that nigger.

>tfw 2 months without playing mh
>tfw saving autism for MHG release
s o o n

>I want to give Miss Cat a big wet adult kiss, etc.

I should probably do this too, but mh4u has me back in it's filthy claws

Don't forget to kiss your moofah!

MH4U blasting through G rank
38-8180-5316-6099

TA entry for Foreboding Lightning DLC with IG. 5:28min clear, no heroics/adre.

How the fuck do I get firestone?

KIRANICO
I
R
A
N
I
C
O

You gotta space the first part of your spam.

What do I even use 50 lrgedrdrgngems on? Make every armor that needs em? Make every Gog weapon? Make every Rusted Kush weapon lol?

I've lost control of my life

Does it matter?

Caravan 10 star quests are G rank difficulty and give G rank drops. They're just not separated into their own G rank category. Early G rank is pretty frustrating, I'll admit. You have few good options for armor upgrades without sacrificing all your good skills from high rank gear. If you can make it to seregios and forge his armor set you'll see a big difference. Upgrade the defense of that set and you'll have an easier time as you work toward something better and more specialized for your weapon type.

In MHX how competitive are enhanced lower tier weapons compared to fully upgraded endgame weapons? I really like the jawblade greatsword and I'm hoping it can be good with the blunt power skill when I get to play the game in July.

Akantor GS

YES! Boy love is the only pure love!

Things are honestly balanced out more to where fullsets and 'also ran' weapons aren't as big of a deal in terms of min-maxing. It's a good thing I guess, though I miss the anxiety of giving a shit about making oddly specific mix sets.

No, I don't want to use that ugly piece of shit! If it looks the same as it does in 4U and it's the only good one at endgame I might as well use a whole different weapon type.

Factually wrong.

>girl love

Disgusting! The least pure! The most impure!

Mine the fucking volcano, reddit. Holy shit

user, remove this temptation from before my eyes.

Running out of decent art of this I see.

You're lucky those are the only two non-explicit images I have of this cute couple of shitty monsters!

Not much of it in general.

>azure rath
man fuck that cunt hes harder then the silver some how

I feel like all my deaths on Tower Summit are due to being chain charged or combo'd in the cuck ledge corners.

He's a flighty bastard, that's why.

>Slay 40 Remobra

What's the fastest way to do this, IG?

Are MHX streams rare to see on twitch?

They'll spawn continously in the cave area where monsters sleep. I went in and used the switch axe's upswing to knock some down and then hack and slash all day. The other will float down to cannibalize the corpses and get caught in your hack and slash combo. Done in no time.

HBG

>if i played x i would start

I thought tons of people here play X

im trying to get the most out of 4u before x comes, iv played it but only for an hour.
its still sitting on my 3ds yet i play 3u more then it

> MHX is out in 2 months.
> Juuuust before I go on holiday.
Gearin up for a comfy holiday lads.

Since I know a lot of you have been playing it for a while now, what's the deal with the new fighting styles? Do some just outclass others entirely? Would just sticking to the guild style work out most of the time?

I'm having trouble seeing why you wouldn't use Bushido on the Evade Lancing for example, if it only loses the counter.
How is the lance in X anyway? I'm planning to use it for the first time.

>tons of people here play X

Nearly everyone burnt out on it some time ago.

This may be really random to ask, but I recall watching a Japanese MH "pro" video of I think someone killing either a magala or zinogre (but I could be wrong). The song that was playing in the background (at least I'm almost certain) was the ending of SAO2 (Luna Haruna - Startear) but a non-lyrical version. Anyone know which video I'm referring to? I thought it was the video of the crimson fatalis hammer killing the Zinogre, but I was wrong.

I want to hug the marm

This did the trick

That's a lot of Rembora

i want to guild the marm so hard that she G-ranks her quests all over the job board

>not using pellet s

> Look back through some previous threads after not frequenting this general in a long time.
> "X is shit" everywhere.

Please no.
Why is it shit? I just want a game like 4 that'll hold me for a million fucking years, surely it at least delivers on that?

hey /mhg/ i just fought the story mode kusahala daora
what do i do now?

If it makes you feel any better gaijin hunter seems to like it a lot and I'm pretty sure his opinion counts for at least 3 /mhgs/

good job waiting by the way, you're probably already better than 90% of the people you will EVER see online and definitely more prepared since you have decorations, wystones, talismans and so on.

see

I'm sure everyone does. So does anyone know the video I'm speaking of?

How do I get the quest for g rank fatalis?

Which one

Yes.

Just the regular one that I can co-op

G-Rank Black Fatty is an event quest
Very angry Crimson Fatty is one of the deciphered text G-Special quests, but also has some event quests
White Fatty is the last quest in the last episodic DLC

I always forget to check event quests, thanks

Is the Para calamity a viable endgame weapon?

>switch from SA to DB
>monsters combo me better than i them
>get hit by every tailswipe ever
>monsters run away at expeditions

I was spoiled by SA, wasn't i.

>Get relic SA much better than the one i had before.
REEEEEE

how do you get spoiled by the shittiest weapon in the game

Everything was easy and died fast.

Are my bowguns' bullets supposed to hit other players?

I wanted to give them a try this time around but with the exception of Normal 1 bullets I think, I keep hitting my friend. Shit is annoying as hell.

We're playing portable 3rd.

are you sure you're not talking about CB

>soloing twilight of the gods apex diablos
>charge charge charge charge into dig into charge
>5 years of windup with 5 miles of sliding for each charge

Is there some counterplay to this or is it really just chase the chicken until he tail swipes instead of running to the other side of the arena? That "charge 4 feet slide 40 yards" shit gets real old

Yes.

It's really just chase the chicken until he tail swipes instead of running to the other side of the arena. When you finally knock him out of apex, use sonic bombs, pitfalls traps, and flash bombs to lock him the fuck down so you can get as much damage in as you can. Save mounts for when he's in apex.

Yes, they are, it's a mini flinch though, not usually enough to be a problem unless you're magdumping rapid fire pierce shots or something

I just remembered I made Entomotheos a while back but never used it, and now I've got the dual sword itch, what kind of skill loadout should I be looking for? Awaken is a given, but I'm not sure on the rest.

What's wrong about SA anyways? It seemed to have a lot of damage. Poor mobility and i guess in MP it's a tripfest but solo i thought it's fine.

Don't you cart on me you filthy frenchies.

Are the mount hitzones on apex much smaller than normal? I always have a lot of trouble triggering a mount on apex monsters.

Apart from being disruptive in bad hands, some hate the weapon for being quite simple to operate effectively.

>Are the mount hitzones on apex much smaller than normal?

Yes.

it wont hold you as long as 4u but I still have 600 hours and not done with it yet
I think most people that dont like it are just too used to the relic grind

>tons of people here play X
there are maybe 12 people here tops who modded their 3ds
you're on Veeky Forums, not 2chan. you'll see streams when generations is out.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cdd8jpwLL88

G rank frontier chameleos

I keep forgetting how bad gen 2 Chameleos animations were

Pls respond ;_;

Got back into FU after finally completing the Nekoht one-horned demon king quest, and I just unlocked the Monster Hunter quest.

Christ did they just crank up the sharpness on its textures in Photoshop?

>Frontier Swaxe also has a block
>That finishing blow

What

The discharge animation looked cool though

That's High Grade Edition, which updates a lot of textures and lighting of the old engine. But also makes it run like crap on some computers,

As for the Swax, that's Storm Style which loses free swap between modes at first but you have to either wait until the phial fills or use the parry to charge it.

Then you get added range and damage, but you have to be careful not to drain the whole thing or you'll have to fill it all the way again.

Dragonator finishing blows are so satisfying

So it's a parry relevant to the playstyle of the weapon. The weapon seems to be pretty fucking powerful from a glance but going by Frontier's absurd power levels how good is it really compared to the rest of the lineup?

Should mainline Swaxe take a note or two about its Frontier counterpart?

Probably my favorite thing with both Heaven and Storm styles of Swax is that it doesn't feel like the end all be all is just swap to sword mode -> hit monster -> reload, that both axe and sword are useful.

As for compared to the rest of the weapon cast, it's sitting quite comfortably near the top. If you're good at the parry you can absolutely stomp things since they can't touch you can you're constantly recovering phial with the parries as well to keep up the offense.

Heaven lags behind a bit in comparison, but I'm enjoying the mobility personally.

>get hit by every tailswipe ever
Kek, spin to win on the opposite side, or dash through tails