/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Update to the newest Luma3DS if you're having online issues with 11.0.

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-Nintendo flipped the Friend List online multiplayer switch, again.
-Even on 11.0, Luma3DS needs an updated arm9loaderhax.bin or Luma3DS.dat to go online. Get it here: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates on the 3DS or Wii U.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/rSvR4bHd
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=45583
gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/
gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/
github.com/Shadowtrance/BootNTR/releases
serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60728
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hello newfriends

What 3ds game will give me the best experience of being a magical girl?
Or, alternatively, what are some good zelda-likes That aren't zelda

There's a Prisma Illya 3DS game, that's the only magical girl game I know about.

Wasn't there a madoka one jp only, or was that psp?

If in the past I've installed GBA VC games on sysNAND using rxTools 3.0 "Pasta Mode" and then on emuNAND, will this cause any issues setting up a9lh when restoring my NANDs?

Or are the issues I've read about only related to people who actually manually patched their TWL or AGB system files?

Hi! I buy today my 3DS with 10.3 but I have a question. Where I can download official 3DS themes? Not custom, official, please

Don't you have to manually patch agb_firm to get it running on rxtools?

>I buy today my 3DS
BUILD A WALL

Right here, you stupid shit

On the rxTools 3.0 Nightlies they had a special option to boot a "Pasta Mode" which had the firm files patched or something so that you could install GBA and DSi games. Using that you didn't need to actually go patch the files yourself

That's PSP and Vita.

I wonder if it will ever be possible to play Wii or GCN games on the N3DS. I mean, the thing is basically a tiny GCN, so even hoping for Wii games is reaching, why not GCN games?

I don't think that's how it works

If you're using emunand you have to install it on both nands because the system does like a fastboot into the gba game, but you still need to have a modified agb_firm on emunand, whether that's through manual patching or a cfw feature

I said official, not custom

>this entire post.

They are in there

Never post in this thread again till you've read the whole thing.

Any progress been made on dumping the bootrom?

I have a 9.2 Sysnand, unlinked to my 10.3 cakes. Do I just follow the guide from part 4 onwards? I have a n3ds and I dont want to brick my system.

>There's a Prisma Illya 3DS game

W H A T
H
A
T

Once I install a cia do I need to keep the cia file on the sd card?

Wow, that's a throwback

no

Just to make you realize how dumb what you just said is

it's shit, just ignore it

Yeah, should be good. I set up Luma and used that for the actual downgrade just in case, but for all other prep work I just used cakes since it actually booted every time unlike Luma's ~50% bootrate from HB launcher (not sure what was up with that but whatever).

Deviated from the guide whenever Plaifag's started giving retarded instructions, but mostly you'll be good just doing part 4 and 5

So guys, I spent hours doing the a9lh thing, and used Shameless to QR scan games, but how do I get existing roms not in the VC onto the 3DS?

Wrong thread, go ask in where your question belongs

Injecting GBA Roms
pastebin.com/rSvR4bHd

Injecting SNES Roms
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=45583

For real, though, I'm probably going to buy an onahole.

Would having a boot manager interfere with the whole process of migrating from a non-a9lh CFW to a9lh?
Also, do nand backups retain the menuhax entrypoint?

NAND backups retain menuhax so long as you keep their corresponding SD folders at the time that you made the backup. Menuhax *might* stick around with just the NAND backup, depending on what happens to the stuff on the SD, but it's not certain, so it's better to make an SD backup in case you restore and it doesn't come back.

Having a boot manager wont interfere as long as you understand how everything works and are confident that you can adapt the guide where necessary when booting into your emuNAND. I did it just fine by adding Luma to my boot manager and then proceeding like that, but if you have doubts then just change your boot manager's boot.3dsx to boot.3dsx.bak or something and use the Luma boot.3dsx for the purposes of the guide, so that you can follow it more closely.

I've tried some disposable ones and they beat the hand for sure, but having a cleanup job waiting at the end of each session would likely make me soon turn to nofap

mega:///#!vQ0yXQKT!ucdE4ssoJFDLQZMr1AXJQut0p9Jx7aZ2ZzOQTymEZM8
mega:///#!FNFWGIhJ!bVtsfFyxLPLTp_pE9dfKJvbx-KgWuvrBMyWdo8AHnwU
I installed these FE: Fates CIAs which work perfectly fine (except for DLC), but the game says it wants to update. Will anything go wrong if it does update?

Ok, thanks.
I'm using the old CtrBootManager right now. Will it become obsolete after (if) I successfully migrate to a9lh? Luma seems to has its own way to load various tools at boottime, and homebrew launcher will be able to be launched from home menu, right?

>Will it become obsolete after
Yes.

>Luma seems to has its own way to load various tools at boottime
Ccorrect.

>homebrew launcher will be able to be launched from home menu
Also correct.

It doesn't become totally obsolete especially if you like a proper boot menu where you can select payloads instead of memorising buttons

There's an A9LH port of CtrBootManager (simply CtrBootManager9) that you can use to load A9LH payloads. Since it runs A9LH payloads, you aren't gonna be able to run your .3dsx or .dat files from CBM9, like you could in CBM. There are A9LH payloads for important tools like Decrypt9 and whatnot that you'll be able to run from it, but at the moment you cant, say, run the homebrew menu off of it. This'll be easier to understand once you get A9LH set up and have a decent grasp on how the payloads run and what chainloading is.

And yeah, homebrew launcher will be able to be launched from the home menu as usual.

But will this work for non-VC games?

You're sticking another rom into the VC
That's why it's called a VC inject

That's the whole point of INJECTING.

Got it. Thank you.

Yes, that's the point of VC injecting. Also, that GBA guide isn't for A9LH.

You're just gonna wanna grab the Simple GBA Converter from this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

And then use it to inject your roms and generate a .cia to install. Easy as that. Even easier is to just go to 3DSISO and download premade VC injections.

Alright. So a 3ds I brought recently got a broken screen after around 4 hours of use. I still have my warranty and is not hacked in anyway so I'm sending it back tomorrow for a replacement. The real question is that I transferred my data to the new 3ds and I'm figuring out a way to move it back. If I backup the sysnand of the new 3ds would it be able to be restored to the old 3ds?

>as usual
I still launch it at boot by holding a key.
My introduction to 3ds piracy was a hasty downgrade from 10.5 to 9.2 and installing rxtools 2.6. Since then the only things I did was upgrade rxtools to 3.0 and install ctrbootmanager.

Does anyone has SNES .cias ripped straight from eShop so I can post my progress on Miiverse (yes, this is my autism)

Also, Wii U related, how can I apply boxart on my N64 VCs on Loadiine?

No, you can't transfer NAND backups between 3DSs. However, here's something you can do that might satisfy your needs. Adapt the methods where you feel necessary and use your own discretion when possible, because it's definitely an advanced procedure relative to something like installing A9LH. In the end I don't know the specifics of your situation, so I can't really suggest more than this:

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-manual-system-transfer-for-saves-content.388033/

Oh, well then after A9LH you'll be launching it as a title on the home screen, by installing a .cia. Thankfully, this is a step that's included in the guide, so you don't have to worry about it too much.

So you can buy Black Fin now apparently.

cobra-blackfin.com

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. Sadly the new 3ds is on the latest version and can't downgrade so I probably can't do anything at this point. Hoping that there could be a way without a need to downgrade. But still, thanks for your help. While I doubt it. Is there any homebrew tool which allows you to save something from the ds?

Worth putting in OP, although I don't see myself using this. Thanks for sharing, though.

>Sadly the new 3ds is on the latest version and can't downgrade so I probably can't do anything at this point. Hoping that there could be a way without a need to downgrade.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>While I doubt it. Is there any homebrew tool which allows you to save something from the ds?
Not yet, but possibly. You'll want to wait for a new homebrew exploit, use it to back up your saves (maybe not your friend code or NNID...), sell that DS and buy a new one.

There are definitely homebrew save tools, but your mileage will vary, especially on the latest system version. I haven't used them (there's no need for me), so I have no idea if they'll even function properly on the latest firmware, and I actually doubt it, but it's at least worth a shot:

gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/

Also. I was wondering. To improve my story a lil bit the 3ds is my friends so I currently don't know the full situation myself. Apparently you cant do a system transfer in 7 days after you do it but could there be a homebrew tool or easy calender time travel glitch go bypass that?

Not going to buy it myself either, but it is worth noting. At least it reminded me not to update because there's still hope.

Okay. Thanks for both of your help. I'll try out the tool once I get home.

I believe the transfer waiting period is tied to your NNID, not the system itself, so changing the data locally on the 3DS wouldn't affect it (if I'm right, that is).

And, I mean, it makes sense. The only logical reason I can think of to put a time limit on transfers is to keep their server-side stuff in check.

I suppose so.

Do you think it'd be possible to install LEGIT .cia games on SYSNAND 9.2?
I got Pokemon Yellow on there, but I can't access the eShop to verify the files because 9.2
I'm having some trouble installing Pokemon Y all the while, using both FBI and NASA
FBI just gives an error message about certs being shit and NASA doesn't get full kernel access ever.
Anybody got any experience with SYSNAND CIAs?

Question. Between CIAngel and FBI QR install, which one is better, "safer" and faster?

Also how likely are we to get fucked by Nintendo with these methods?

Nobody gets fucked by Nintendo unless they update, and QR installs suck, period.

>QR installs suck, period.
desu

What do you mean? Not about the QR part.

Has anyone gotten NTR to work on A9LH+Luma?
on n3ds 11.0.0, it says 'current firmware not supported'.

You're missing the 10.2 firmware.bin

Yeah, I'm using this release:
github.com/Shadowtrance/BootNTR/releases

I installed it yesterday on A9+Luma, so you're missing something.

firmware.bin goes into the sd card root?

Is there an up-to-date comparison of the current most popular CFWs' features? Like built-in region free etc.

READ THE FUCKING GUIDES WHEN YOU FOLLOW THEM

Wow so angry. Relax mang, this is a comfy gaming forum, no need to get mad.

It goes inside the luma folder.

3.2-3D or 3.3-3D?

I lost my DS flashcart. If I hack my 3ds, can I play downloaded DS games, or will I need to get another flash cart?

3.0. Maybe I should update it.

I can only imagine it was 3.3, given the release date, but go ahead and try 3.2 if it doesn't work out.

You will need another flashcart.

No, scroll all the way down to 3.0.0 beta, obviously

Whoops,
For you.

Got it working, ta mates

Why is all my games from the Gdrive link giving errors from updates?

i have a few questions about fe fates and stuff
how is the translation for revelations? is it as complete as birthright and conquest, or should i install the usa version for that?
is there a version of the game that has the english translation of the jp game but with english dubbed cutscenes?
thanks

Is there any new discovery about the 11.0.0 firmware? My wife's son bought a 3DS and he wants me to homebrew it, but he updated it and I am afraid of telling him he's fucked.

What's the "download games from nintnedo servers" thing on 3ds and how do i do it?

3 daysmaybe

Have things seriously progressed to fucking controlled downgrades to 3.X firmwares? Is this a goddamn joke?

He's fucked.

no. they progressed to controlled 2.x downgrades

So to switch to luma from cakes or whatever other cfw I had, I just delete the cakes folder, and put in the luma folder? can I just delete my boot manager and launch luma through the hbm?

Does dragon quest joker 3 have a translation project going? Or some translated guide?

better return that shit and buy a new one on a lower firm

anything 10.5 or under is good. anything 10.7 or under will require you to spend another $30 to get extra hardware to hack it.

1. Yes, the fan translation covers all three routes.
2. Yes, you'd have to get a .3DS of US limited edition and patch it by following this guide: serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60728

If you want. You could also just launch luma through your boot manager by configuring it to launch luma3ds.dat like you were launching cakes.dat before.

I'm assuming you're on a menuhax setup.

thanks

i was told that revelations was incomplete or poorly done or something though

Yeah, menuhax. It feels like it would be cleaner to just scortched earth the whole thing and make it clean with luma since I'm moving to a9lh anyway

I wouldn't know, I'm still trying to get the DLC working with the fan translation on JP version.

if you have any up to date cfw and the complete dlc cia you should be fine

has any of the dlc been translated?

I keep getting errors when i try to modify the remoteplay command in NTR. When i just put () it works.

I'm talking about Invisible Kingdom, which was DLC in Japan. I don't care about the other stuff.

oh
you should still be fine then, every cfw has native region free so you can just install it like you would anything else

user you should tell us WHAT error you get