esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds

[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

EU and NA PC guilds are in the works.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/266559/intimate-confessions-of-a-scrub-in-eso
youtube.com/watch?v=Ugdo2gdJ6hU
youtube.com/watch?v=MnsFCaVEghs
youtube.com/watch?v=epb5HCZNBZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>new thread due to bump limit
Well, that's a surprise!

Alright folks, Khajiit it is!
Unfortunately, due to the new awesome costume that has just come out nobody will know how nice my character is.

>using costumes

>Not using costumes
Are you poor or what?

Let me guess, you own an iphone?

Samsung, buddy. Let me put it this way: People spend hours to achieve something in the game usually to get good, to cap or whatever. I grind one hour at work to make my character look good. Is there still a problem?

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/266559/intimate-confessions-of-a-scrub-in-eso

Was entertained reading this the whole way through.

It's your "are you poor?" fallacy.

There's just so much turmoil in this game, no place is calm and welcoming.

Why not chill out on a Mistral beach?
Enjoy the view of Red Mountain from Ebonheart?
Relax in a Daggerfall tavern while a thunderstorm rages outside?

>that lighthouse part of the story
10/10, would brave the tldr again

Oh man what custome is that

A lot of that seems very familiar to me. I came to this game as a Skyrim adventurer with no MMO experience and I got wrecked constantly. It took me a while to come to the conclusion that I should take the time to learn to use the combat system rather than spamming random abilities while standing in the red zone and dying.

Common clothing? You mean just white items?

the fuck even is smallscaling?

Probably means the commoner loot, like the several hundred sets of fingerless gloves I keep finding. I'm sure there's boots, shirts etc too.

Not that I find anything except more fucking gloves.
Anyone wanna buy some fingerless gloves? Only 100 thrones.

Custumes = future crafting option

Case in point imperial custume later become nickel

Treasure hunter
Yeah, I am an arrogant dickhead. I was just teasing, I apologize.
What do you mean?
You won't find many clothes or even whole outfits like that. Some peopel use appearances they get from quests, which in some cases work really well. Other than that there are a few shirts and pants yeah.

The Imperial motif was in the game from the beginning. If you had an imperial they could craft it and motif books could be found at higher levels.

Not always no. Also costumes are about the best thing we've got until (or if) a wardrobe/transmog system is added.

>this is who you get when you pug a group for vet

I'm not sure what the case is on the US server, but in Europe, 99% of sorcerer healers are retarded sluts with no marketable skills and no talent, so they decided to play the class because they "love pets" and want to be Harry Potter (I'm such a nerd xD)

I've basically carried and instructed about 40-60 stupid sorcerer healers in pick-up groups, completely lost in what they're doing, who where sorcere healers. They're too fucking stupid to learn anything more complicated than keeping casting burst heals healthbar out or "hurr stand out of the red circles" so they just fuck and suck their way through veteran City of Ashes to get the assassin achivement that says they're qualified to join other veteran content.

If you see a sorcerer healer who heals for less than 10k/s, or she's bellow veteran rank 16, there is a 99.999% chance she is a stupid whore who is dumber than a box of rocks and has no problem filling your groups head with nonsense and wasting 20% of the time in the dungeon talking about her day followed with a sea of emotes so the rest of the group can can bloat her ego by telling her she's pretty and the bestest healer in the whole wide world and make her feel better about the fact that she doesn't know how to play the game, better her self, or any regular players she knows that she can group up with because she wasted the first 50 levels and the following fucking 16 veteran ranks being a worthless cumdumpster passed around from player to player instead of staying faithful to the one tank who actually gave a shit about her I hope you're happy Sarahlinia you filthy fucking whore

yea but did she post her IG with near-lewd upskirts, and tits+more for guild officers?

HALP

>Sheogorath.png

64 bit client? Some people have complained of texture problems with it.

I had to reinstall it to get rid of the texture bug.
Good luck.

It happens sometimes, goes away on its own

How much DPS is considered acceptable to queue as a DPS in veteran rank dungeons?

>Treasure Hunter costume

Hnnnnng! I don't usually buy costumes but holy shit.

For single target, 10k will get you the bare minimum of being able to complete all the non-IC/CoA dungeons. 15k Will be enough for the rest, but you better hope the other DPS is better. 20k is good enough for any dungeon so long as you stay alive. 30k is pro tier, hit that and you're set (note that some classes will not realistically ever be able to hit this, and as stam you need to be either DK or a WW to do it).

In general though, as with everything, it depends on your class and stat. No one realistically expects stam sorcs to be hitting 30k outside of WW, but if you're a magicka DK who cant pull 20-25k every fight, you need to re-examine your build/rotation because it has serious flaws.

Thanks, I've never been able to get my head around what's good dps and not since I'm mainly a healer and only recently bothered with end-game dungeons now when I'm v16. Is it worth getting v16 gear instead v15, and if so, is it worth making it not merely purple but golden?

Well you NEED gold v16 weapons if you're going to do any kind of DPSing. The rest of the gear is a little more optional depending on how rich you are. If you've got millions or even just several hundred K between your chars, yeah gold is better, but if you're poorer, just making it purple is fine, purple mats are cheap, so most of your money should be going into just getting v16 mats. Luckily though after the Orsinium changes, v16 mats are cheap as shit and easy to gather, so unless you're super poor, v16 gear should be attainable.

The main thing you'll want beyond armour and weapons are jewelry (willpower if you're magicka, agility if you're stam, these can get pretty espensive, robust agi being 130k each for the rings, so go healthy if you need to) and potions (weapon power+weapon crit+stam regen and the magicka equivalent are what you need, and they cost 6.5-7k per 100 stack). Food should be cheap, as you only need blue.

Also keep in mind everything here is MUCH cheaper if you have all your crafting skills maxed out (especially enchanting, gold glyphs generally sell for 13-16k but take 9.5-10k at most to craft, much less if you have kutas saved from the crafting dailies).

>having to put off doing guild and main quest lines because im almost graying out the zone quests as it is

Nice exp balance

dunmer or orc?

templar or dragonknight?

Dunmer magicka DK is about as minmaxed as you get at the moment.

Is there any build in this game that doesn't use a fucking staff? That's like all I see people use

2h and/or dual wield, unless there been some serious balance changes since I last played

>any build in this game that doesn't use a fucking staff

All stamina builds?

You'll see a lot of nightblades with bows. I think a lot of players go with something that fits their conception of the role rather than a fully optimized build.
I have a stamsorc with bow dual-wield and just transitioned a Templar to stam with bow and 2h.

Wait are you saying that ww form has good dps output? Because everytime i use it i dont feel like in doing more damage than my 2h.

I love been a ww because of fun but i never really feel it like a good option on real pve or pvp.

Im playing a healer
what addon to get to help me see when hots have ran off? I waste a lot of time recasting before they are up i think. Should i just use that one that shows little damage/heal numbers pop up on the UI? Or is there a better solution?

Isn't that a built in feature now? Should be under "combat text"

WW gives the highest possible DPS output for most stam classes (I don't know if it beats out a minmaxed stam DK, but it might, I don't play DK), only matched by VMA daggers after DB by the looks of things.

However, unlike VMA daggers and stam DK dots, WW only lasts for 40-50 seconds (depends on how much damage you take), and is extremely draining on your stam pool, so its not perfect 100% of the time.

Basically, just dump down your dots (caltrops, arrow barrage etc.) then transform, then you want to weave light attacks and howl of agony, coupling this with keeping the infectious claws dot up and the damage buff from hircine's rage (a morph of the heal). Along with crit and weapon damage buffs from potions, this gives you an absolutely insane amount of damage, and fully built allows you to pull 30k+ DPS reliably (highest I've got is ~34k on my stam NB).

There are significant restrictions,mainly the fact that you will require some stam feeding from spears or repentance or some other source and you do have to work around the reduced damage output outside of WW (no dawnbreaker), but it is extremely powerful.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ugdo2gdJ6hU

This is a vid of Alcast with a stam temp WW pulling around 40k on Winterbourne (though he has maelstrom bow and aggro horn, two things which you wont see until real endgame/organised parties, which add a few K to his numbers).

Not him but the geniuses at Zenimax made it so that it only shows the healing actual done. That means that if someone reach full health it won't show you any ticks, meaning you don't know if they've still regen on them or not.

I use the Foundry Tactical Combat with the icons showing when you've a buff. I use Rapid Regeneration. I just look on when its ran out on me, then I cast it twice, look when its ran out on me, cast it twice again and so on. Since I know that it runs out at the same time for all of us.

What's the timer that appears at the horizontal bar of FTC?

If i use this, i disable the built in combat text, right?

so few skill slots, so many things i want to level.

Please tell me how i go about approaching this situation? I know things like keeping off weapon skills on a bar to level them, and always make sure i switch to the bar for the weapon i want to level before turning in a quest.

Do i just kind of keep doing this and slowly everything will work out? Should i really use that addon that lets you swap around bars to have a bar completley full of skills that arent maxed yet when i turn in a quest? That sounds really gamey and kind of shit

Sounds about right, I just put whatever skills I want to level on my offbar before turning in quests.

Did you faggots read system? are you becoming famous RIGHT NOW?

System message on PC NA to get in front of the undaunted enclave for a picture.

Picture in 10 mins.

Shit, is this AD only?

what about EU?

Whatever, I saved a screenshot for posterity.

If anyone on the AD side took screenshots please post them. I heard there were three times more on that end.

YOU FAGGOTS DON'T EVEN COMPARE

PARTY EDITION BEST EDITION

Yea I noticed that as well, I'm leveling so fast that most quest I can just 1 shot my way through

bump

Post some chars keep it alive

This is my ambitious little Bosmer nightblade contemplating his next conquest.

>that UI
Jesus why the fuck did I get the console version?

my templar healer. Camoran Mendsun

My main was a sorc, but I decided to try a templar healer, so I rolled this waifu as a test of both the healer gameplay and the waifu capabilities of the game.
I wound up really enjoying healing so I rerolled my main as a templar. I'm currently transitioning this one to a stamtemp.

how does EP compare to DC in terms of safebox locations in their first few zones? Im gonna make a new character and want to be a sneaky thief bastard. Im only familiar with looting in DC first two main cities.

bump

What's up esog? I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on my build. I'm completely a pvp person, but I just cant seem to grasp the meta, so any advice would be welcome. I'm a stamblade.

Main bar (dw):
Killers blade - Finisher and heal
Mass hysteria - cc
Rending slashes - mostly for the slow but the dot is nice too
Ambush - gap closer
Surprise attack - main damage source
Flawless dawnbreaker - just heard its really good

Back bar (2h):
Rally - hot
Shuffle - defensive buff
Shadow image - debuff and utility
Stampede - alt. gap closer
Wrecking blow - because its so good
Soul harvest - really like it

Also would it be worth it to put some points in health instead of going 100% stam? I feel kind of squishy.

10/10, would be wingman for.

Can't tell you much since I don't play NB, however if you want a grasp around what makes a good damage dealer you should have a look a this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=MnsFCaVEghs

thanks senpai

God damnit, what a creep.

You know I haven't watched Deltia in a long time, but that was some of the worst advice I've ever seen. Go follow a tamriel foundry build instead of this for PvE.

Granted this video was from Feb 16, 2015 so maybe what he was advising then made sense, but the majority of what he said to my ears was very, very wrong.

I'll repeat my advice to never listen to Deltia because he doesn't know what he's talking about.

His DK build for Maelstrom was admittedly very good. His theorycrafting's close to knowledge, but the practical applications of his builds serve their purpose.

To enable multiple cancers, forced exclusivities, locked systems, outdated hardware, paid online... You're a bad person overall :)

It's tiny

>thinking to myself "hey that's a pretty decent looking Morrowind, wonder what mods he's using"
>that sudden realisation I'm in the wrong general and that's fucking TES:O graphics

Looks pretty good, no cloak can work but cloak is a really good skill... also I think you should have Vigor somewhere. Usually you want one bar be the fighting bar, and one bar be the buffing bar, so maybe:

Main (DW)
Mass Hysteria
Ambush
Surprise Attack
Cloak
Shuffle (for snare immunity)

Flawless (8% weapon damage) OR Soul Harvest (20% more dmg for 6 sec and defile)

2H:
Rally
Shadow Image
Relentless Focus
Vigor
Piercing Mark

Ult: Any utility ultimate (soul tether, meteor, werewolf)

Feel free to swap stuff around, you can tell which are the utility skills and which are the fighting skills.

Also next patch killer's blade will be good because they're changing it to disease damage, but currently I don't like that it does magic damage so I don't use it. For executes, the 2H Executioner or Bow Poison Injection are reasonable. The Incapacitating Strike morph of Death Stroke will be better as well because of disease damage and they made the stun guaranteed.

Having ~20k HP is generally fine within Cyrodiil, just have to know how to break LOS and know how to mitigate whatever's coming to you.

I feel like to even begin to get good at PvP you need v16 gold gear (gold weapons at minimum gives ~10% damage boost, gold armor is like a ~3% boost?) and max CP, so if you are lacking in CP I'd suggest going to the non-CP server, or go with a zerg because you're not winning 1v1s vs someone who has max CP if you have like 300.

Also if you want to run at max capacity you want to have some combo of health, stam, cc immunity, speed, and maybe detect potions. I don't use them because they're expensive, don't want to spend so much gold just for pvp.

Also focus on stam recovery for PvP, use that health/stam regen food from Orsinium, or get the serpent mundus buff. Having at least 2k stam regen allow you to fight much easier.

Wow PvP is a really long topic... I've thought of a couple more things to say.

You want at least 30 points in tumbling because you will be dodge rolling and breaking free a lot, and get some measure of critical resistance. I know a lot of people run with about 2k crit resistance, which mitigates about 20% damage? I have like 1k crit resist from my CP, and can make the rest up with armor (except I'm lazy and didn't get impenetrable armor so I have 10% crit mitigation).

Some other ideas:

2H fighting bar:
Rally
Ambush/Crit Rush
Mass Hysteria
Surprise Attack/Wrecking Blow
Executioner

Soul Harvest/Dawnbreaker

Bow Utility:
Poison Injection
Shuffle
Cloak
Piercing Mark
Vigor

Shooting Star

Also don't write off Radiant Magelight, the 20% empower buff makes it good for sniping builds, and it's the best way to find hiding people for stam builds other than detect potions (or maybe that support skill that reveals stealth).

One shot sniper:
Poison Injection
Camo Hunter
Radiant Magelight
Shadowy Cloak
Lethal Arrow

Flawless Dawnbreaker

2H utility

Rally
Efficient Purge
Shuffle
Relentless Focus
Shadow Image

Reviving Barrier

So I'm going into this game blind planning on basically just do rvr. How are pets and pet ai in this game?

I've enjoyed DAoC Hunters and WAR White Lions and GW2 Power Rangers and that sort of thing before. Is that a trap in this game? Is it only sorcerers that have access to pets?

Only sorcs have pets. Actually not entirely true, there are some sets that summon pets like Morkuldin or Maw of the Infernal.

The heal buffs to sorc pets next patch are quite strong.

I've heard stories about four people running pet sorc DPS clearing dungeons easily. I could see it happening, but keep in mind that with endgame gear and 500 CP, every vet dungeon is easy.

>Is it only sorcerers that have access to pets?
fighting pets? ye

Some more thoughts. Nightblade shades are pets too, and they released the Hunt Leader's set for stam pet builds?

I think consensus is it's cute but there are more efficient options available. You could do a vet dungeon with it too... it's just slower than normal builds.

Thanks for the input. I'll probably give it a go and see how it fairs.

what's rvr?

My suggestion is to not go pets by the way.

Well I guess you could run it all the way through Caldwell's Gold because soloing is pretty easy.

Ok, let me rephrase. Pet build will work great, except for PvP, vet dungeons and trials. It's possible to bring a pet build for vet dungeons, but you will need good gear for it (though that's true of every vet dungeon).

>toon

That was fun to read, until he started speaking about things I have no idea about.

And RvR. Well I haven't seen a pet build in RvR, so who knows. Probably can heal. Don't think it does DPS.

hump

> Pet build will work great, except for PvP, vet dungeons and trials.
> Going into a dungeon as a sorc healer without a cheaper and stronger version of Breath of Life
youtube.com/watch?v=epb5HCZNBZQ

All you really need anyway is healing springs, regeneration, healing ward. Sure, bring a sorc pet along if you want.

Oh, you're saying it's stronger than breath of life. I didn't read that right.

This video is waay too outdated tho, the damage meta has changed a lot since feb last year.

Don't forget Blessing of Restoration / Combat Prayer. BoR's total healing is actually equal to BoL when hitting 3 targets and BoR can hit the whole group. If only BoR was easier to aim. It really needs a ground targeting rectangle. Judging range and width is hard enough when the game can just decide to turn and cast toward the ally that's targeted instead of precisely in the direction of the cursor.

And will it change any time soon?

bump

Jokes on you, I didn't intend to post that video but another one of his I can't find for any reason.

> If only BoR was easier to aim. It really needs a ground targeting rectangle.
Doesn't it target the group automatic as long as they're in sight, ie. their names aren't "darked out" so to say? I know Meridia's tits will heal itself and the two with the lowest health, assuming they're not outside of your visual range.