/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension:chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension:addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing
- Booru:booru.splatoon.ink

>News
- Team Fancy has won the first Global Splatfest!
- New Amiibo have been announced for the Squid Sisters, as well as recolored versions of the previous Amiibo lineup, coming in July!
- You can watch the Squid Sisters recent live performance, featuring their first solo tracks 'Heartbeat Bomb Rush' and 'Seaweed Nights', here:youtube.com/watch?v=jOtjUG5PXlE
- A new weapon has been announced, the 'Corocoro Roller', a Splat Roller equipped with Splash Walls and Inkzooka. More details about it will be released in time.

> FAQ
-pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
-pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr :
-splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki:
-splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats:
-splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10250477/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gooks have all right taste

Pretty!

Rapid Blasters can be surprising powerful with Damage Up, even better with the buffs to Ink Mines.
Still wouldn't use one over a Range Blaster though.

Nah, Rapid Blasters are okay. They're kinda specialized, and you can't really use them on just any map and mode, but they're not bad. People got gud with them.

My logic for the RG being the worst is that it's utterly useless when compared to the Wasabi and Nzap89. The Inkbrush Nouveau is at least uniquel I'm sure that someone out there has done some really cool stuff with it and found ingenious niche uses for it.

The RG is just a subpar shooter. It's got terrible spread and accuracy, mediocre kill time, low range, 5 shots to kill (more than any other weapon), and a kit that doesn't do anything to mitigate its problems or make it stand out in any way. There's basically zero reason to use an Aeropray when you could be using a Splattershot. Aero might paint turf a little better, but that's just not worth giving up for everything else.

People say that the Custom Jr. is bottom tier. How is the RG any better?

Where is the manga?

Probably on some website somewhere

Same place the artbook scans are?

Yeah look there

When you have to invest all of your slots in Damage Up to make a weapon usable, and then that weapon is still worthless next to its stronger, deadlier counterparts, it's probably beyond saving.

anyone who claims that any of the rapid blasters are bad in any way is a fucking retard.
>you can't really use [rapid blasters] on any map
Having four rapid blasters relieves this a little.

Four Range Blasters will beat the shit out of four Rapid Blasters any day of the weak.

I'll keep looking

>people think RB is the worst
>the H-3 Nozzlenose D exists

>get up to A- 84
>think I might just rank up
>next match I'm only A- everyone is A+
>lose 12 points

People are sleeping on the Pro Deco so much, IMO. Long range with Disruptors and Wail is really good.

One side effect of the gear editing patch that I'd hoped would happen is that people people start experimenting and trying weapons that need specialized gear sets to perform at their full potential. More people might start using the Rapid Blaster Pros if they get to try them with max Damage Ups. People's opinion of Ninja Squid might change if they have good Swim Speed gear, for example. I know mine sure did.

are you implying that a bad match up makes them bad against all other weapons?

I think Rapid Blasters are bad against all weapons. There's nothing that they have an advantage over. They're just too weak and too clumsy.

I lock down SZ Museum with the Rapid Pro

I think people who stack one ability exclusively or one ability and and 1 or 2 exclusive abilities rolled their gear into that long before gear editing came about at best polishing of a few items. The rest of us merely want the on brand rolls we were promised

>out ranges many weapons
>don't even need to aim to do damage
>hit around corners
>paints floors like a mother fucker
is this b8

>gear editing patch
>patch
Poor choice of words there.

You're not supposed to engage head-on with them. Blasters in general trade head-on prowess for the ability to shoot around corners. You attack from a safe place that your target can't reach, like shooting at a charger from below, or a Dynamo around a corner, etc.

"Too weak and too clumsy" is on you, not the weapon. They have their own unique advantages, and a playstyle that comes with that.

>Extremely mid-tier range
>Splash damage does shit all without immense investment, and still can't OHKO
>Can't hit around corners, burst is too small
>Covers ground in ten seconds what a Dynamo could do in one
>Literally no reason to ever use a RB over Berry SSP or Gal
>Charges Special like a goddamn snail
>Would have to double its firerate for it to be remotely viable
You tell me.

What gear goes with the Bubble Rain Boots? Abilities be damn just concern with looks.

When the playstyle it demands is completely worthless and unreliable and weak, what's the fucking point?
If it were possible, I would quit a game the instant I see a Rapid Blaster on my team. I'd rather have to play with a fucking AFK than a walking target ring.

Without gear editing, making loadouts takes too long. If you want to try a new build of some ability combination just for fun, you have to wait hours, maybe days to actually test it.

Being able to just create whichever gear you want in minutes lets you try stuff with more freedom than the game ever game you. Who the fuck wants to want a week to see if the combo they want to try works or not?

This'd be fine if brand triples were accessible and covered a wide range of ability combos, but they don't half of the possible main + brand influence combinations don't even exist, and without savescumming you might not even get the abilities you want.

Splatoon's gear system is a fucking joke that adds an unneeded layer of hindrance and complication to the game. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Or you could just play the game normally and not worry about abilities...

I didn't even notice that. Patch? What?

Ika skirt and the white shades? I can't into Veeky Forums.

>Leave PC idle
>Play some matches blissfully unaware
>Computer is now automatically installing Windows 10
Kill. Me.

hat anything you like except complete face covering ones

berry ski jacket
inkling parka
octarian jacket
olive ski jacket

Pearl Tee and Snorkel/Splash Goggles?

Rainy Day Tee, White Line Tee, Squid Nordic, Sky-Blue Squideye, Reel Sweat.

bamboo hat

cycle king hat and shirt

Now that I've hacked my gear I CAN play the game without worrying about abilities.

The ability customization is an aspect of the game that I enjoy. Now I get to just play the game with whichever abilities I need, and I don't have to waste days and weeks wrestling with the RNG instead.

Don't be lazy and ignore your gear, user. You're missing out.

Did you cancel it? You can completely remove the "get windows 10 for free!" thing, fyi.

Ooh, good choice! Especially with a blue woomy.

Someone post a screenshot of this please?

The RNG is a relic of low expectations for sales. If the NX doesn't flop hard I expect we'll see players having more control of maps, modes and gear

Always cancelled it whenever it popped up, but now it's 20% through installation and I dare not interrupt it. Can't even assume control at this point. Guess I'll just wait for some settings to appear.
But this bitch had better copy every file over, I have 6000+ pictures of squids goddamnit.

>not making backups
not very smart are we

So you were physically unable to play the game prior to obtaining your special snowflake gear?

>The RNG is a relic of low expectations for sales.

Honestly, I've seen other people say this and I'm convinced that it's true. It's an addictive hook that keeps people playing and coming back daily to check their orders, etc. It's almost fucking Pavlovian in some aspects.

I'm not him but previously I played in clown suits or spent more time with Spyke than in the lobby. Now I'm always playing and dressed as close to what I'd like as possible without the ability to edit mains

Check to see if you have a recent system restore point (they should be made automatically), cancel the installation, and remove the software.

Well the point of rolling gear to get better slots was supposed to be a late-game objective of sorts. With no goals and no unlockables and no achievements there isn't much reason to play this game outside of repetitive fun.

Nintendo knows the gamers psyche better than anyone barring those who make freemium games

the game is fun though. No match is ever the same and the ranking system giveth and taketh away

Looks cute, thanks!

Lesson learned I suppose.

I may try that, just need to wait another hour for this bastard to install itself.

>the game is fun though
For some people that isn't enough. Sometimes you have more fun knowing you're working towards an objective. And presently the only one in place is getting 999 999 points on a weapon, which is pretty asinine.

S+ 99 is a goal and it certainly isn't asinine. I've got one weapon maxed aiming to do the rest in it's class, get max money and maybe max snails (very unlikely)

HOLY FUCK OH MY GOT THEY ARE CALLED WOOMY BECAUSE THEY SAY THAT OHHH damn

>a late-game objective of sorts.

You mean like a money sink where you could go after a long session of ranked and do something with all of the surplus money you've earned?

I guess that's fair, but it's not flexible enough. It's fine to make people "earn" good gear, but it's all just grinding and RNG.

I mean, people want their gear now, not after they've finished everything. I'd say that most people would stop playing when they grow bored of the game, and rolling for gear that they might or might not use anymore probably won't change that.

It's a flawed system. I'd hoped that Nintendo would amend it in some way after they saw a. how popular the game is and b. the incredible lengths people were going to to avoid dealing with the system.

but why do we call the boys spaghettis...

One of the boys lines sounds like "sgeddi". They usually say it after Super Jumping.

Not him, but for me the appeal of the game is the variety of different weapons and play styles, knowing how to use your weapon effectively, outsmarting opponents, knowing how to use your subs / specials effectively, spreading ink, etc. Not unlocking abilities based on RNG.

You can just call that "repetitive fun" but the gameplay is the main draw of the game for most people, and it's something that can be played for hundreds, if not thousands of hours. I don't see people talking about how much fun it is to grind up another 30,000 so they can do another reroll.

The money you make for a reroll is just a bonus. You're supposed to play the game just like that; trying out all the different weapons and playstyles, and then roll for some new when you win enough. It's not a grind, just something to spend earnings on.

Put it this way; some people get satisfaction by doing volunteer work.
Some people get the same out of their job; they just like the payout at the end as well.

Mini woomy is best woomy

This is why they should let people get whatever gear they want. But they have to pay for it. One dollar for a piece of gear tailored to your specs, sign me up.

Maximum Nope

>Three dollars for whatever loadout you want in an instant
You know you want it

What I'd want is an option to reroll slots individually.

But that would take tiiiiime :c

For 3 dollar I want the dlc that comes with the amiibo or similar style content. Infinite rolls or controllable ones ain't enough

This so much. If they did that I would be satisfy.

So my gamepad turned off and my squid was just spinning in circles till it turned back on and worked normally again.

I've had a similar issues where the gyro controls will lock into a direction making it difficult to play although it usually fixes itself after a while.

Is my gamepad fucked? It hasn't happened since then

they should'vedone that earlier now it's been hacked they either have to give it to us as a free update or wait till SplatooNX

Maybe it's a one-off thing, maybe it's finally cracked from overuse.

it's fucked time to line Nintendo's pockets for a new one or a repair

If anything they'll just patch out hacking, again, and call it a day. They've no reason to meet our every whim.

Rolling isn't core gameplay; they're only concerned with the actual multiplayer.

Stupid question, and I doubt anyone knows the answer, but does anyone know how long your miiverse message lasts in the plaza?

Honestly have zero idea. I've never made a Miiverse post.

Any good players to watch on YouTube?

this exploit has been around since last year. no idea why they haven't just force a firmware update before you can play online since that could work even if you changed the dns servers.
but whatever, classic backwards-ass online services by nintendo.

Here you go, one super tiny Callie! Not entirely happy with it though. Something feels off with Marie's face.

How will they know which gear has been hacked and which hasn't. They can stop future hacking but I can see past hacks being left alone unless they reset everyone or give us all on brand triples

>unless they reset everyone or give us all on brand triples

I would be so beyond mad if they did that

And an Octoling peeking out of a kettle!

They'll negate editing, they can't reset edits.
>Or give us all brand triples
Better yet, remove abilities altogether.

They can easily patch it but setting limits on weapon damage, range, speed and abilities efficiency so they can't be adjusted.

>reset everyone
don't give them ideas, they might actually do it

I think it's the chin and jawline

I like it, thanks a lot user. I think it's just her jawline and chin are a bit too straight, it's sorta boyish. But the Callie is what counts, thanks.

Stepping on tiny Callie!

Getting thrown across the room by her tenfold antsquid strength!

Can ya'll vote for Simmer? Appreciate it.
strawpoll.me/10250477/

fuck off

After all the unpreventable cross-board raiding, it's the least I can do.
Fuck off though.

Hi I am shitposter ha-ha happy early birthday??

No me

its hip to fuck bees

No me

But is it hip to beeeeeeeeeeeeee fucked?

Please tell me you only got the game this week.

I actually did get the game this week, but I'm just playing dumb.

Happy to have you

Welcome, user! Enjoy the game

those massive tentacles are so hot...