/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Comfy Night Sand Ops Edition

Previous AO: A thread for all simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

/fsg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997
Or whatever is on the group's profile

BMS download links
mega.nz/#!0BlTkazA!VUwoKAzavtJ3qIUy7lEF8D8MFjbI_Si-r6nwC3wQZYQ
mediafire.com/folder/54569phfy8au7/BMS4.33_setup
e-haf.org/PublicFTP/320/BMS_4.33/Falcon_BMS_4.33_U1_Setup.zip

Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

Silent Hunter 3 pastebin:
pastebin.com/jNSvhFfY

Dangerous Waters pastebin:
pastebin.com/qvxk755r

FPSchazly's Dangerous Waters tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSvzqNmdX71x2COOyM-p2qHIpRNOvpGQ

Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Example of welcome sims:
Falcon BMS
DCS World
Rise of Flight
IL-2
Combat Helo
Microsoft Flight Simulator
X-Plane
Euro truck sim
Assetto Corsa
rFactor 2
Live for Speed
SAM Simulator
Steel Beasts Pro
Steel Armor: Blaze of War
Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
Silent Hunter
Train Simulator
Farming Simulator 2015

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm* 3
Ac* Combat
W*r Thunder
World of ____

Other urls found in this thread:

store7697404.ecwid.com
forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2781879&postcount=48
viperinstructors.com/main/mediawiki/index.php?title=Controls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BMS ops WHEN

Nope. Nothing from the DCS e-store will work with the steam version because of licensing conflicts or some bullshit

just go standalone it's better anyway

will there be BMS ops today?

no

I want to drop bombs on that runway.

Actually you can get them to work, there's just no point in going through the hassle of it though since running standalone is better in every way

>since running standalone is better in every way
How is it better?

Direct control over version updates, easy to run multiple instances, able to download modules individually, no steam DRM tacked on

If you still want to use steam chat in-game just launch the .exe through steam

>No Draken in DCS
>No Baltic Air War expansion

Does it come with a cuck hangar?

You also get modules earlier and sales are significantly more frequent. There is literally no reason to use DCS on Steam.

>F-5E hype
>July

why

Jesus, that's such an ugly plane. I really don't understand why it has so many fanboys.

I think it's cute~

>Being on simg
>not liking ugly planes

I like the plane on its own, but it always looks weird hanging munitions from delta wings.

Plane designer just want to make planes that go fast and turn good, then politicians stuck ugly weapons on them.

More like designers forgot to consider the weapons that it WILL carry when designing the plane.
Or else the designer should really be designing a air race plane and not a fight/attacker.

No ones going to pay the gajillions of dollars it takes to develop super fast jets, for racing, but they'll give it for it to do shooty things.

I think a JAS 39 Gripen module would be dank.

True, but not designing something to its proposed purpose is dumb

>F-5 supposed to be out at the end of May
>Trailer released
>"July 2016"

God Fucking Damn It

>"It turned 90 degrees left and then a 360 degree turn toward the right, dropping from 38,000 to 15,000 feet and then it was lost at about 10,000 feet,"

Analysis of the crashed plane over the mediterranean.

For me it either looks like shit broke apart mid-flight for some reason

OR

pilot was trying to dodge a missile

in a fucking commercial airliner

with no RWR or MWS

I guess one of the passengers saw the launch and just screamed BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I WOULD SUCK A DICK IF IT MEANT THE F-18 MODULE WAS RELEASED TOMORROW

>he doesn't have a human based RWR

I thought some had RWRs

Fuck man sucking dicks aren't worth that much, I'd suck a dick for $20.

I heard Israeli airliners have them.

I guess if they get shot down, they'll know from what direction and missile.

I'm hoping that we don't have to wait until July, and July is just going to be the "release" version of it.

alpha->Beta->Stable.------>july "Release"

Am I being too hopeful?

>He doesn't instruct the first two rows to yell out CHAFF FLARE once the RWR screams BEEP BEEP BEEP

>This is your captain speaking, the first 10 rows of the passengers, you're our countermeasures. Cabin crew is handing out hand flares and buckets of foil.
>Next 10 rows you're my MWS, Remember to scream *BOOP BOOP BOOP* if you see a missile

>page 10

>Cute grill tom cruise

I prefer Japanese Tom Cruise

>July
>Fucking July

I think every game is a kind of simulation, but this one has sim within its title:

store7697404.ecwid.com

This is a very elaborate game that an in-game computer complete with screen and keyboard input can be programmed. I think it is very cool, even though it looks similar to minecraft. There are a ton of minecraft clones that share one thing in common, they are low performance with barely any originality and interesting content. SIMCUBE breaks the pattern with a very stable and high performance game that offers hours of exciting fun, challenge and adventure.

This game is still indev, but may be purchased already for those who want to check it out early. This may become the next big thing, because of minecraft's need for a tremendously powerful computer. Minecraft's focus lately has been the introduction of fantasy items and characters. This fits in well with the theme of minecraft introduced by its creator Markus Persson. SIMCUBE is NOT a fantasy style game, it is a realistic cube-based simulator game with a cartoon-like style similar to that introduced by minecraft. SIMCUBE is very different both in game-play elements and style. SIMCUBE has been heavily influenced by puzzle game systems, which is reflected by the fact that items within SIMCUBE do not combine within the player's inventory or within chests. This is a very intentional game-play mechanic that is designed to more realistically simulate the carrying ability of a human. This limitation encourages the use of imaginative means to dig deep within the ground, in order to find a multitude of rare and common minerals such as copper, iron, silver, gold and platinum.

There are zombies that appear at night to kill any unsuspecting player not accustom to the harsh reality found within this epic game. All terrain generates completely randomly without the ability to exactly reproduce the same terrain twice. This is combined with a truly infinite world of various biomes. Check it out! Comments welcome.

added to OP for next thread, thank you

Could intakes like that even work

So can you elaborate on how this is different than minecraft?
Aside from items don't combine in inventory, what else?

Given my knowledge of absolutely jack shit.

Hawker Hunter had a similar setup with the intakes placed at the leading edge. However I can't seem to remember the flaws of this.

Reduced thrust during high G turns or certain speeds?

are you guys for real

Also, BMS OPS NOW GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOG

Hello simcube dev shill

Did we ever get a translation for this?
forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2781879&postcount=48

It still has "regular" F-14 intakes.

often silent, so you do not poke that did not. Simulation - it is always a science. And unfortunately, it is impossible to design a dig ditches in the desert)) I already wrote in the forum, why not all turns out and frozen. But the Mi-24 will continue (as long as the circumstances are such). We initially overestimated their strength, thought quickly be able to do everything.
And here about the profitability and development time again briefly.
1. The helicopter (Mi-8, Iroquois) make longer (the plane)
- 3D model - about 1.8-2 times;
- systems and features - and more of them than in a single plane - about 1.5 times.
This is due to the fact that the cabin has a second and in addition many of rotating parts that require animation, the helicopter is usually associated with the use of multi-purpose (cargo on external sling arrows door, paired with the ability to parachute).
2. Sale less (Statistics of Mi-8 purchases at Iroquois justifies the cost).
PS. Yes! unfairly missed references to the dynamics! Also requires more time ..
That such a disposition.

I would buy the mi-8 if it accelerated the development of the mi-24

What?

fucking translation, you ungrateful little shit.

translation implies being able to understand what was said

I think the moon runes made more sense.

Is this stupid steppe nigger seriously implying that the Hind wouldn't be profitable because the Mi-8 (an helicopter that most of DCS's playberbase couldn't give any less of a flying fuck about) sold like shit? Is he not aware that the Hind has a lot of appeal not only because it'd be actually useful in MP, but also because it's very iconic even outside of CIS countries - unlike the Hip?

>delusional slavboo thinks the Hind is popular

Even the Cobra would attract more people than the Hind, not to mention the Combra is the overall better helo.

>Craig crawled out of his shithole
(You)

MY NAME IS NOT RICK.

It's obvious you are trolling, but I just wanted to post this picture anyway

Did they ever explained how he shot them down?
With S-8's or some kind of ATGMs? I know the Metal Gear franchise is utter shit but still.

You will never D the hind
Why live

With an all purpose Stinger.

Probably Iglas.

>I know the Metal Gear franchise is utter shit but still.
(You)

>Metal Gear franchise
>good
Is it summer already?

it's always summer
le eternal meme

BMS ops bump

Do we really need the Nevada map to fly some aircraft?

There will be blood.

Don't think so. The Gazelle did at first, but I believe it was updated to work without sand.

Any modules that are suggested to get? or are the free modules good enough

Flaming Cliffs will get you everything you need to meme

I give the Huey a glowing recommendation, it's not the most potent killing machine but it's fun as fuck to fly

When's it coming out on Steam? I want to fly a tiny egg with rotors, but you can't cross-pollenate the Steam and non-Steam modules, last I heard

Please do it on a multiplayer server so that I can blow you up and make you go through the 5 minute startup process again.

>using Steam DCS
Really?

Probably not for a while, they don't release beta modules on Steam. Just move to standalone - you can bring all your Steam modules over, but not the other way around.

Not even the Mirage is on Steam senpai and it's been out for awhile. Just switch to stand-alone.

>decide to try DCS with my new grafx card and $30 joystick
>fly SU-25T, works well enough though the joystick throttle isn't immediately recognized (I'll fix that in settings
>take off well enough, but something went wrong with my plane so I spin clockwise whenever the stick is neutral
>also second try at the tutorial loading went so long I gave up and ctrl+alt+del'd out

Is there something I should know about load times? Also what modules should I buy if/whem I'm rich/autistic enough (I'm using the Steam version btw)

Load times are HD dependent so if you have a SSD or one of those high RPM HDs you should be fine. As modules go:

A-10C > shit > everything else > more shit > Flaming Cliffs 3

I bought a delanclip set, but I'm inclined to start learning the A-10C or the SU-25 before then, are there any good keybinds for the Logitech 3D Pro?

>mfw I was using an SSD

Well fuck. Also the only ones I was interested in were the A-10C and F-15, though I wonder what's wrong with the latter.

Two things
- do use stand alone version of the client
- double check the axis assign

>for me, my stick's X Y Z assigned to roll, pitch, and rudder, my throttle and rudder was defaulted as the same as my stick.
I'm sure you can see what's wrong here.

WHO IS THIS HELI FAG

REVEAL YOUR SELF

THE BIGGEST MYSTERY OF SIMG MUST BE UNCOVERED

I feel bad for Redfor having to wake up to this tomorrow

>take off well enough, but something went wrong with my plane so I spin clockwise whenever the stick is neutral
You might need to set a deadzone for your stick. Also, the su-25t generally needs plenty of trimming to fly straight. It's a pain in the arse.

>testing

I'm going to bomb all your shit to hell tomorrow.

The only thing wrong with the FC3 planes is autists get mad about them because they can't click all of the buttons. The F-15 is the best in terms of flight model accuracy of the FC3 planes and the Su-27 is very close behind it, the others use simplified flight models for now which sucks but they'll get accurate flight models soon™.

I forgot to mention that it worked initially and the rolling started with some avionics noise, I just didn't understand it because I'm not Russian.

>Pre-purchase will begin tomorrow with discount, but Early Access build will not be available until July.

>today is 20 May
>F-5 won't be released- even in early access/beta- until fucking July

WITHIN THE MONTH, COMRADES!

someone posted a useful BMS resource in a previous thread with various pre-made profiles for common joysticks. I just checked and it doesn't seem to be in the planefag op. Anyone still have that link?

>pre-ordering early access
>literally paying for dreams

I was considering preordering but fuck no not if it's going to be fucking two months between the open of preorders and the beginning of any kind of product being made available

Yeah, sure

Just buy it the week after it goes early access

They usually keep the pre-order bonus for that long, either that or buy it the day before. They always announce when the discount ends.

I still suggest to not pre-order at all but that's your decision.

I posted this some time ago, dunno if its what you're talking about.
viperinstructors.com/main/mediawiki/index.php?title=Controls

Listen boys, I am totally against preordering shit

Especially when it's big publishers and stuff

but there is no reason I wouldn't buy this on day 1 anyway

so I'm preordering for the %20 discount.

I mean, I'd be against preordering if it weren't Belsimtek

of all the DCS third parties... well hell, BST is basically a second party at this point, aren't they? They're basically ED2.0.

Regardless, everything they've put out has been good and they haven't engaged in any of the bullshit that other devs have so why the fuck not

bms never

What do you want out of DCS?

>Ground pounding angel of death:
A-10C
>Hovering killer:
Ka-50
>Don't care about weapons, only amazing helo flight models:
Huey, Mi-8
>Early 70s shitwagon """""multirole""""":
MiG-21bis
F-5E (in July)
>Mid 80s shitwagon interceptor
Mirage 2000C (very much an early access product but gets big patches often)
>True multirole:
Play BMS or wait until DCS: F/A-18C

Those gazelleniggers Polychop work fast

>not liking the MiG-21 precisely because of how shitty and lo-fi it is

I love it but he shouldn't be under the impression it is anything but a shitwagon

Oh and another thing, never pay full price for modules.

Is the Huey campaign actually good? I played through the first mission and it was boring af

First missions are always annoying tours / familiarisation flights.

It's an okay campaign, but it's still the Huey so you won't be massacring thousands of Russians or anything.