/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Crawl 0.18 Tournament is ongoing until May 22: dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.18/overview.html
>/rlg/ teams:
WE WUZ PHARAOHS N SHIIIEEET: dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.18/clans/heterosexualmale.html (MuMo, OPEN)
Algerian Curse Removal Ltd.: dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.18/clans/nikheizen.html (Regular, FULL)

Consider making another clan! Anyone can be captain.

Crawl 0.18 release: crawl.develz.org/wordpress/crawl-0-18-pakellass-packrats

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h8LXZJXdNQg&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=qzpdWZReVNQ&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=rJoZavY_qkw&feature=youtu.be
nikheizen.github.io/pages/spellbooks.html
pastebin.com/dw00zy7A
pastebin.com/3iRqPwLc
pastebin.com/sZdKQg2W
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>you are ambushed!
>enemies far enough away that I can just press

WHY DIDIN'T YOU PUT THE MUMO WIN IN THE OP

OH

MY

GOD

inb4 50 shitposts about wins in the OP and 100 shitposts of ruleslawyering

too late, retarded OP is retarded

This just confirms that ponyposter was just playing mumo for attention

Fuck off.
I bet you play ToME and Dredmor you dirty girl.

Been playing a few Artificers lately. Who's better for it Nemelex or Pakellas?

too late

Crawl sucks ass.

You're right, it's a tough call whether shitposts or autists arguing over who's the most autistic best represents /rlg/.

I mean. This is just. Alright. I accept it.

2pak my man. Really the difference is that Yugi boy gives you cool shit all the time, while you have to find wands and rods to really make 2pak shine. He'll give you stuff sometimes, but you really do need that initial wand of acid/paralyze/whatever to make him great.

So, what started the whole MuMo thing anyway?

>entering E at XL15 with

But muh banners.

Sure.
It will get in a lot faster (read, as soon as I've read the diff) if you submit a pull request on github.com.
If you just give me the notes for the spells though (with damage numbers from the source where applicable), it is definitely a help.

What banner are you going for? Ruthless Efficiency?

>nearly every roguelike wiki is outdated
This makes me sad.

>rougelike wiki
>wiki

???

Dicks, the thread's resident spanish e-celeb. He's just too busy picking which girl of his mediterranean harem to bang next to play roguelikes so you don't see him as much nowadays.

He also probably plays Dark Souls 3

At the very least, Lord of Darkness: II. Finish depths before going to lair. I've done it before and its pretty fun. If everyone goes well, (like me getting a fuckton of bobs and spider bags), I'll try Avarice: III. Grab iron rune before entering ANY other rune branches. But make no mistake, this is probably the dumbest thing I've done all tourney, and I'm really pondering how I'm going to get outta this one.

>EhguehhaR?!??
You feeling okay user?

And to clarify my thought process on this grievous error, it was as follows: D1-15 was cake but this weapon is shit -> Those elves have good weapons, and I have a rod of clouds +10, 18/18 -> Lets gas the elves up to elf:2 and see if I can get an eveningstar -> Oh its Asterion, right on my dick with a broadaxe of distortion.

That dog really has that "Let's not turn this rape into a murder." look.

Take him

see image

I was thinking of moving 2->2, evoke fan of gales which should push him 3 spaces away. Read tele and eventually make my way back through after luring him away via a kite + tele. Getting abyssed will not only kill me, but also ruin my shot at avarice: III. Plus he can probably almost 1hko me in melee. His base damage is 13 + 35+20 + Disto 2-26, which makes me REALLY loathe to eat a hit going up.

He's right though.

oh nice a spell spoiler. link?

Some PCB recordings. Still playing this character a bit today so there will be more.

youtube.com/watch?v=h8LXZJXdNQg&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=qzpdWZReVNQ&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=rJoZavY_qkw&feature=youtu.be

nikheizen.github.io/pages/spellbooks.html

Only Crusade and Armageddon are done so far though. Patches accepted!

Oh and that doesn't include his 20 damage headbutt I guess. This is super amusing to me. Its like one of those, "what is the play?" puzzles for MTG.

pastebin.com/dw00zy7A

Is there a way i can run CDDA console version inside cmder? Somehow forcing the emulation?

farming 555 always has the hardest decisions

do i take this golden statue of morgoth or drop it so i can carry some possibly vaguely useful staff of summoning

>moving back up through lair
>in the meantime, four eight headed hydras spawned directly adjacent to the downstairs on lair:4
>manage just fine
>another three hydras on lair:3
>huh what
>2 8 headed hydras on lair:2
>1 8 headed hydra on lair:1

Is the game trying to tell me something?

obviously take and museum that

Will check out.

That's really nice.
On a side note, which is the best magic school to get for a High-Mage?
Armageddon or maybe Chaos for a little more versatility?
It's probably mostly wand of rockets from 555 endgame anyway but that Armageddon high-end damage seems pretty good.

There's also a Gozag Vault that always has a shop called "Gozag's Platinum Reserve". It only sells artifacts, though in my experience they're almost always pretty bad.

Also they always have highway robbery prices

>getting my shit wrecked by wights on d3
>quaff my unidentified potions out of desperation to hope I have cure wounds
>get int+2, mr+, and relec from pot of mutation
>manage to survive with 2 hp

What am I supposed to do with this thing?

I'm reading LotR for the first time and it's always fun to see where Sil's stuff specifically came from

>Galadriel!’ he said faintly, and then he heard voices far off but clear: the crying of the Elves as they walked under the
stars in the beloved shadows of the Shire, and the music of the Elves as it came through his sleep in the Hall of Fire in
the house of Elrond.

>Gilthoniel A Elbereth!

>And then his tongue was loosed and his voice cried in a language which he did not know:

>A Elbereth Gilthoniel
>o menel palan-diriel,
>le nallon sı´ di’nguruthos!
>A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

>And with that he staggered to his feet and was Samwise the hobbit, Hamfast’s son, again.
>‘Now come, you filth!’ he cried. ‘You’ve hurt my master, you brute, and you’ll pay for it. We’re going on; but we’ll settle with you first. Come on, and taste it again!’

After this I'll have to read the Silmarillion but Tolkien's prose and incredible long windedness is already being pretty painful at times

this ring would be pretty amazing
if it actually affected ranged weapons

wand of rockets is less damage than armageddon spells (450 damage manabreath or 500 damage shard breath).

And anyways, spamming wands on the serpent isn't super viable unless you have a source of recharging or a magic-eater inventory with a dozen of them.

hurrah

>implying ranged is real combat
Enjoy your rings of archery.

I've wasted plenty of time reading through do-spell, how can I contribute?

2 staves of summoning worth of enemies

now it is time to pop the pinata

give me a +10 speedring please rng

Reminds me of the Plate Armor of Baldness.

How about one of these instead?

badass

To me the Silmarillion only gets really tedious when it goes hard into describing the setting in general, away from the stories of the heroes of the first age and before.

You could also listen to Nightfall in Middle Earth.

>use scroll of fear
>orc knight is spooked!
>he keeps attacking me instead of the elemental blocking him in
>die

If they have nowhere to run, they'll decide its best to die fighting.

>THREE POTIONS OF CURE WOUNDS (UNKNOWN)

and that goes into my PCB bookmark folder

how even

>Not "When you nail the 1% banishment."

Here is some stuff for the Death spellbooks.
Malediction and Orb of Entropy are maybe too long because they have weird extra effects.
pastebin.com/3iRqPwLc

>upgrading to indra

I guess that too
but the gif is of thranduil himself

So TrMo is fun, but how do you balance out your sheer squish since you can't wear armor? Early on it's fine but later on I have dudes hitting me for mad damage, even with my big health pool.

Also, will items with Regen stack onto the innate troll bonus or do you start capped?

Try to get a enchanted robe, troll leather or dragon armor. All of those can be worn by trolls and due to having a fuckton of Str and size bonuses you need no Armor training for either troll leather and most dragon armor

You can also get a god which helps you with that somehow, like Makhleb with healing upon kill and summon spam

>will items with Regen stack onto the innate troll bonus or do you start capped?
I would like to know this too. I would also like to know how it works with vine stalkers as well. I had a vine stalker a few days ago find an amulet of regeneration, and eventually got a troll hide that I enchanted into armor, but I dunno if either was helping at all.

Yes, all regen stacks

>gnoll army stationed at D:2
>giant frog on D:3
Sometimes, 0.18 OoD spawns feel like they're made so that characters either get instagibbed or thrive on the shit ton of extra XP on the early levels

Most characters can kite and stairdance the gnolls if they don't have nets. The frog is a bit much, but not unreasonable.

Stair dancing kind of goes to shit when they all have polearms, so you're giving them free attacks whenever you come up or down the stairs. Also because monsters with polearms usually keep one tile of distance between you and them so they can reach.

>watching PCB video on youtube
>hear what is probably the sound of what is known as a text or whatsapp message on the background

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Y-you know how to lure polearm dudes into stairdancing, right? You should be able to take 1 or 2 free attacks, and pillar dance on D:1 to either kill the knoll or atleast park it if you're complete shit somehow.

>Halberd gnoll on D:1
>Go downstairs
>Crapton of monsters
>Go downstairs again
>Orc pack with a priest and no stairs on sight
>Survive enough to find stairs out of sheer luck
>Adder follows
>Kill the adder but die to its poison anyways

pastebin.com/sZdKQg2W

also this

yes i am a basement autist with too much time to waste, why do you ask

user polearm dudes just reach behind each other, and we're talking abut a D:2 character. Even one hit is enough for the one you're taking down the stairs to kill you

Actually it'd be like 3 or 4 free attacks. One to move onto the stairs, one or two walking up, then one walking away from the top of the stairs. Considering that halberd gnolls could easily one hit kill you early on that's not a viable prospect at all

I know I was upset too when that happened
it was literally somebody sending me memes

>two Gnolls on D:1
What did I go to deserve this?
Granted, they didn't spawn together, and I wasted a lot of time just trying to escape the one with a spear. I guess I'll slow cheese them and all the other enemies to death for the EXP.

What's up with all the posts about gnolls?

Gnolls are our best friends. Playable gnoll race when?

Anyway, I cleared D:2, which was a breeze. I went back up the stairs and those two arses were waiting for me right there. I went back down and beat one of them to death, and then I fled back to D:1. There I discovered a third gnoll and I unwittingly fled to the exit of the dungeon, which I went through for the Hell of it.

they're a strong earlygame enemy that spawns in packs and can potentially have nets.

I'm pretty sure gnolls account for like 1.9% of all player deaths. Putting them at #1

>Gnoll detected

Gnoll please leave.

Nightfall in Middle Earth is a good album.

but a disproportionate amount of those are from newbie badplayers trying to otab into a pack in the middle of a room as a 0-mana DEFE or some shit

onscreen: 12 nikolas, 1 mara
rElec .

>played demonspawn abyss knight last night, had a ton of fun cuz he quickly turned into a stabber
>playing a new one today, went with axe this time
>D:2 there's a shop with with an artifact axe I can't quite afford yet
>first three levelups give me complete metallic scales mutation
>next one gives me heat resistance
>so now I have innate rF+ and rElec
>guess I'm going tank mode with that axe from the shop once I get enough gold
>loot a flail of protection off an orc, figure I could use it when things look hairy and I need some more def since it has crosstrain with axes
>a few levels later I get attuned to the shadows demon mutation
>find Eustachio and kill him, he drops a rapier of protection
>tfw now conflicted on whether I should continue with my previous plan or try to go for full stabby again
What do I do? And why am I having such good luck with demonspawns? I almost never get this lucky with loot on any other character.

>trying to otab into a pack in the middle of a room as a 0-mana DEFE
USE A MELEE WEAPON AS A CASTER THEY SAID
HYBRIDS ARE STRONG THEY SAID
EVERYONE BECOMES A HYBRID THEY SAID

>next game I run into the gnoll brigade on D:2
>do all I can to run away, but I can't cheese them just yet
>go to D:3 and meet Sigmund
>since I'm a mummy he's absolute Shrek
>go back to D:2 only to meet up with the gnoll bros who proceed to beat me to death
Losing is fun.

Thanks man.
In future, it would make things easier for me(and probably you- less typing) if you submitted these in the format

Book Name
Spell description 1
Spell description 2
Spell description

Book Name
etc.

With only a single space and no names.
I'll put these in some time within the week.

>A ghost on elf:3 with negative MR

For one, how did he die here and not in the abyss? Two, how? Three, how did he even make it that far?

Aren't there elves that paralyze or something? Maybe he just got guttered. Its pretty hard to negative, he had to have had 2 pips of -.

This made me think about ghosts, and I'm surprised that all the ghosts I see are ridiculously powerful with huge stats, but I see hardly any wimpy ghosts with poor defenses. Doesn't make any sense

I know, but he's on Elf:3.

How do you even make it to elf:3 without dying to paralyze or banish? How do you even GET that much negative MR?!

It happens. I normally get the really stronk ones (like I saw that chei ant that got shattered for 180 damage in pan), but I'll see the really shitty ones when I least expect it. I saw a few ghosts deep in zig with 15~ AC/15 EV splits. You have to wonder how they even got that deep.

it was 191 damage, actually, and I was a chei statue naga